Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
There you have it:

quote:

For the first time, Guardians who harness Prismatic will be able to mix and match Arc, Solar, Void, Stasis, and Strand—combining them to unlock new potential in power and customization.

quote:

By dealing both Light and Darkness damage you will charge two meters that, when filled, enable a temporary state of Transcendence that unlocks a new unique grenade ability and weapon damage bonuses.

Longer Prismatic article tomorrow

I guess this means your weapon loadout has to have both light and darkness to take full advantage of the subclass?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

haveblue posted:

There you have it:

I guess this means your weapon loadout has to have both light and darkness to take full advantage of the subclass?

Probably could also make your ability kit darkness heavy with the weapon kit light heavy? Either way, a balance is probably key so you can charge both parts of the meter.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Onslaught's pretty good, except if you kick Nezarec's rear end too hard the game crashes

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Destiny 2 kicks rear end

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

RBA Starblade posted:

Onslaught's pretty good, except if you kick Nezarec's rear end too hard the game crashes

I haven't had a game with all 3 players yet, and playing alone is rear end

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
idk if this is true for everyone else but servers are fuuuuuuuuuuucked for me right now. Can't be in any destination longer than a minute

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

Pirate Jet posted:

idk if this is true for everyone else but servers are fuuuuuuuuuuucked for me right now. Can't be in any destination longer than a minute

Yeah it's constantly losing connection and black screening here

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Servers after going to be on fire tonight when everyone gets off of work :ohdear:.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

I have managed to successfully finish one run of Onslaught out of the three I've tried, and when I opened the chest I didn't get any rewards and the game didn't count it as progress for my Shaxx quest. Some things never change, huh? :allears:

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005
When a man lies he murders some part of the world. These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives. All this I cannot bear to witness any longer. Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?

Got kicked out of two like 15 wave onslaught runs and then got anteatered out of the tower. I decided that was enough destiny for now

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.
I just finished a round of onslaught, and someone grabbed the end chest... which decativated for everyone else. So I got nothing for that round of onslaught apparently?

I was under the impression there would be PHAT LEWTS or somesuch?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The game seems to be a pretty bad state right now so it's probably not intentional

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
There's a tweet by bungie that rewards and quest progression are currently delayed or not working

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Hmmm new sku or keeping piling up the spaghetti on a plate of skyline chili that is destiny 2?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I'm kinda blown away that they managed to make a whole rear end enemy faction in just a couple months.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
420 :420:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

MJeff posted:

I'm kinda blown away that they managed to make a whole rear end enemy faction in just a couple months.

The Dread were likely part of the TFS plan from the beginning, not everything we saw today was hastily thrown together during the delay

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

PERMACAV 50 posted:

Hunters get solar/stasis
Titans get arc/strand
Warlocks get void/stasis

You can fill your meter using dark or light weapon damage, that’s probably the three elements you saw.

I would be shocked if the combinations were this limited

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

haveblue posted:

The Dread were likely part of the TFS plan from the beginning, not everything we saw today was hastily thrown together during the delay

I wonder if they haven't shown The Dread or Prismatic subclass earlier because the bungie execs were planning to fart out TFS in Feb. without those ready to go? Then someone realized they need to actually have a strong release and they delayed to finish things up? I'm obv speculating, but yeah I have to assume this was all being worked on for a while.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

haveblue posted:

There you have it:

Oh good it's actual mix and match

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
The new race was leaked about 2.5 years ago, and prism was leaked 1 month ago. The race of "Rhulks but they aren't Rhulk" was always part of TFS and Prism was originally for d3 which has been absorbed into d2

Yeah the only thing that is Fixed in prism is your grenade while in Transcendance. A warlock in Transcendance will always throw a voidstasis grenade, for example.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

FWIW, I think prismatic is a lot more interesting than the new SIVA class or whatever was supposedly leaked.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
Lightfall has been one big delay to the end of the saga so there is no telling how long some of this stuff was simmering or what it was originally intended for.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Prism was originally for d3 which has been absorbed into d2

In my mind that seems less likely considering D3 almost has to be a new engine, right? There's been so many complaints from devs about the D2 spaghetti code base, I can't imagine porting over features from a newer game in dev into D2's ball of mud. I suppose the concepts and design/art work could come over.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
There was a lot of content Shuffle between rise of iron and Destiny 2 vanilla. I'm sure it's more work than not having to do it, but designing it for game a and importing it for game B doesn't seem terribly onerous for Bungie

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

The rumor/leak is that Prism is a precursor to what is actually planned for D3, which is essentially a “class-less” system where you mix and match skills completely freely.

Who knows how long/whether D3 is actually in dev but it isn’t the hardest thing in the world to believe that papa Sony forced Bungie to break the emergency glass after the interim CEO basically told shareholders that Bungie leadership had hosed Up (tm) and the relative independence of the studio moving forward is dangling by a thread.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Bungie and Joe said back during the showcase last August that they wanted to play more things close to the chest with TFS than previous expansions so I absolutely believe all this content was planned from the beginning but they felt they had to rip the cord on revealing it with the state the game is in.

It does make me wonder how hard I’d pop if they never announced it, I loaded up TFS on launch day, and it was like “surprise! Glacier Grenade + Consecration”

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

originally for d3 which has been absorbed into d2

i didn't know they were going to have that in marathon

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

haveblue posted:

Didn't they announce there'd be 2 new types of tormentors, and then everyone got mad and said it should be a whole race? Feels like it's possible they've been panic expanding those two into a few more.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Didn't they announce there'd be 2 new types of tormentors, and then everyone got mad and said it should be a whole race? Feels like it's possible they've been panic expanding those two into a few more.

Subjugators were revealed independently a while ago, but not everything they do is a reflexive compensation for whatever the community is mad about today (and thank god for that)

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Did they delay TFS because the community was mad???

Panderfringe
Sep 12, 2011

yospos

Kith posted:

Oh good it's actual mix and match

I'm glad it's completely mix and match, but I am a little bummed we're getting a class that just invalidates all the others. I mean it obviously remains to be seen how powerful and in depth prismatic is, but I can't help but feel it's going to be the only worthwhile option. And disappointed it's not anything really new. But oh well.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

If all it does is elemental damage with no subclass verbs, it's not going to be able to compete. For example, there's no combination of Abilities that will convince me to give up Controlled Demolition on Void Titan.

Back before the 3.0 classes when each class only had three grenades? Sure, Prism would have been more welcome to me. Now? Eh. Depends entirely on what aspects and fragments are available.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Bungie growing hybrid guardians

420 RISE UP 420 RISE UP 420 RISE UP 420 RISE UP 420 RISE UP 420 RISE UP 420 RISE UP 420 RISE UP 420 RISE UP 420 RISE UP 420 RISE UP 420 RISE UP 420 RISE UP 420 RISE UP 420 RISE UP 420 RISE UP 420 RISE UP 420 RISE UP 420 RISE UP 420 RISE UP 420 RISE UP 420 RISE UP 420 RISE UP 420 RISE UP 420 RISE UP 420 RISE UP 420 RISE UP 420 RISE UP 420 RISE UP 420 RISE UP 420 RISE UP 420 RISE UP 420 RISE UP 420 RISE UP 420 RISE UP 420 RISE UP 420 RISE UP 420 RISE UP 420 RISE UP 420 RISE UP

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Kith posted:

If all it does is elemental damage with no subclass verbs, it's not going to be able to compete. For example, there's no combination of Abilities that will convince me to give up Controlled Demolition on Void Titan.

Back before the 3.0 classes when each class only had three grenades? Sure, Prism would have been more welcome to me. Now? Eh. Depends entirely on what aspects and fragments are available.

They explicitly pointed out that you can combine the verbs with all the new combinations. Like Devour activates with a bleak watcher turret for constant regeneration was an example.

As a Titan, I'm looking forward/hoping to throw a incendiary grenade with jolt attached to get that ignite+jolt wombo combo.

Yeah this is very overpowered but it's been pointed out this definitely was the plan going forward and they just accelerated the timeline for the sake of the community. Which good on them. gently caress the balance short term. That can be fixed.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Yeah this is very overpowered but it's been pointed out this definitely was the plan going forward and they just accelerated the timeline for the sake of the community. Which good on them. gently caress the balance short term. That can be fixed.

IIRC that was how they shipped Forsaken as well.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
That's how they ship everything. Stasis also came out very hot and got toned down later

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Panderfringe posted:

I'm glad it's completely mix and match, but I am a little bummed we're getting a class that just invalidates all the others. I mean it obviously remains to be seen how powerful and in depth prismatic is, but I can't help but feel it's going to be the only worthwhile option. And disappointed it's not anything really new. But oh well.

Imo, dropping the Subclass walls and letting us mix and match abilities, fragments, and aspects feels just as cool as getting a new subclass on par with "final power-up/final form/Final Shape to obtain in the finale of the Light and Darkness Saga"

And in context, remember when the first big pitch in Final Shape was "One (1) new super for your light sublcasses and a new fragment!"?

edit: thought I wonder about cases like harmonic mods? Would you not be able to use those because it needs to be a specific subclass equiped?

SgtSteel91 fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Apr 9, 2024

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Shudder... that whole TFS Preview event felt like there was a Sony Exec standing just off-stage with a gun pointed at them

There's no way they WANTED to gather everyone up for "look, void axes!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Shudder... that whole TFS Preview event felt like there was a Sony Exec standing just off-stage with a gun pointed at them

There's no way they WANTED to gather everyone up for "look, void axes!"

I think it was more there was a bungie executive with the gun, with a sony executive in the rafters with a sniper rifle aimed at the executive.

I finally figured out why I was so turned off from the original TFS preview when looking at the one today. The original preview was basically a preview for seasonal content. They might want to not overdeliver but when they spent a year adding in light subclasses through the witch queen, it really did seem really content light compared to what we should expect to get in an expansion.

Their backs were to the wall and they genuinely needed to overdeliver for the final shape and it's looking like that's actually happening.