Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

My wife is fiercely liberal and has been saying for years that the best way to get young chuddy men to stop enabling toxic conservative bullshit is for young empowered women to quit tolerating and/or loving them.

I don’t know if that’s a factor here but it’s nice to think about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

TulliusCicero posted:

I understand caution, but:

What state has the GOP won an abortion ballot iniative on?

Like is there actually one?

Isn’t it entirely possible people can vote for abortion access and then vote for a third party candidate because they dislike Biden? There’s a lot of people who hate Biden and it makes me nervous but I guess we’ll just have to see.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Hazo posted:

My wife is fiercely liberal and has been saying for years that the best way to get young chuddy men to stop enabling toxic conservative bullshit is for young empowered women to quit tolerating and/or loving them.

GOP dude voice: "This is genocide"

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
What is the loving deal with polls anyway. They all lwan Trump or at least a lot of them do. Yet polling has been off by a lot.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

What the gently caress

quote:

"If an officer says 'Do you have drugs in your possession,' and you lie, and then the officer ends up getting exposed and harmed, we're gonna throw the book at you, and we're gonna hold you accountable," DeSantis said.

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms

Hazo posted:

My wife is fiercely liberal and has been saying for years that the best way for young chuddy men to stop enabling toxic conservative bullshit is for young empowered women to stop tolerating and/or loving them.

It apparently has a pretty long history: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sex_strike

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

funeral home DJ posted:

I think that’s Evangelicals/Trad Catholics saying that kinda poo poo, the GOP is stealing everything that isn’t bolted down and looking for a new job or are violently making GBS threads/pissing their pants as they realize they caught the car and it’s getting on the highway.

I’m thinking Gen Z/Alpha are going to be starkly less religious than their parents thanks to this “gently caress the separation of church and state” poo poo the loons are pulling.

Gen Z hates them

I work with Gen Z in college, they loving hate their wierd rear end parents and GOP in general

Gen Alpha is young enough to come out of it still, and they still seem to lean even more left despite the chuds draconian measures.

Every data point seems to suggest the more draconian GOP has gotten with Gen Alpha the more blue they turn.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Hazo posted:

Isn't like the entire generation of younger conservative men born either from wealth or from being unfuckable shitheads?

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

ImpAtom posted:

Isn't like the entire generation of younger conservative men born either from wealth or from being unfuckable shitheads?

Ussually both

The non wealthy ones seem to have a tendency to become pepes/ spree shooter
The wealthy ones become totally not into Catboi podcast nazis, or Charlie Kirk

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

What the gently caress

Lmao Florida is a Hellhole

Please get out of there if you can, there is no saving it

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

mobby_6kl posted:

Polls are broken anyway

These kind of long term demographic studies are a little more trustworthy and their long term continuous nature cuts out a lot of noise.

Lord Packinham
Dec 30, 2006
:<
I get the doomering but the actual results of elections have been blowouts for Dems lately. Like our most recent actual hard data points of elections have been pretty good. Even the primaries for republicans have showed that while TRUMP is still king of poo poo mountain (the GOP), he has lost support.

He knows he has lost a lot of support, look at how he is trying to pivot away from abortion while still trying to take credit.

I get that dems are morons, but Trump isn’t as strong and Biden isn’t as weak as people in this thread argue.

Not to mention, Biden is an incumbent and trump isn’t anymore, both massive.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Democrats are not messing around with this ad

https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/1777379338574352399

They are going for the loving jugular with this

Mr Ice Cream Glove fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Apr 9, 2024

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Lord Packinham posted:

Normally a massive advantage. But we're not normal anymore.

In the meantime there's months between us and the election and two wars and god knows how many crisis going on.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

"I'm Florida Cop. Oh no this homeless guy has fentanyl!!! AHHH I'M HAVING A SEIZURE!!! SOMEONE HELP"

[1 week later]

"Oh no I can't focus anymore. I'm all sleepy in the mornings, my brain is foggy."

[6 months recovery with full pay]

[goes on 2-year desk duty plus salary increases]

"I'm taking disability now at $6000 per month full pension, I just can't focus. So long police friends and coworkers, I'm off to Hawaii for the third time this year!"

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Lord Packinham posted:

I get the doomering but the actual results of elections have been blowouts for Dems lately. Like our most recent actual hard data points of elections have been pretty good. Even the primaries for republicans have showed that while TRUMP is still king of poo poo mountain (the GOP), he has lost support.

He knows he has lost a lot of support, look at how he is trying to pivot away from abortion while still trying to take credit.

I get that dems are morons, but Trump isn’t as strong and Biden isn’t as weak as people in this thread argue.

I really do want to have sympathy for the Doomers here: I fully understand it's a Trauma response for many, it is for me

My dad told me in 2016 when he voted for Trump over Hillary "eh it's four years, what is the worst he can do?! Maybe he will upend the establishment."

My dad died of COVID complications May of 2020.

Voting Always Matters

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Toxic Mental posted:

"I'm Florida Cop. Oh no this homeless guy has fentanyl!!! AHHH I'M HAVING A SEIZURE!!! SOMEONE HELP"

[1 week later]

"Oh no I can't focus anymore. I'm all sleepy in the mornings, my brain is foggy."

[6 months recovery with full pay]

[goes on 2-year desk duty plus salary increases]

"I'm taking disability now at $6000 per month full pension, I just can't focus. So long police friends and coworkers, I'm off to Hawaii for the third time this year!"

Lol the cop who got in a fistfight with me and put a gun in my face got an apology letter from me, 2 years of chaplain duty in the cancer kids ward, then his wish to return to beat duty and did the same thing again within a year

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

This won't turn any GOPers around, though. They don't give a gently caress about the mother, only ThE BaBy. They'll see this as a woman being selfish and refusing to sacrifice herself for the baby.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

I don't care how much it costs, they should play this as a full 60-second ad at least once a night on every broadcast station in every swing state.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

TulliusCicero posted:

Ussually both

The non wealthy ones seem to have a tendency to become pepes/ spree shooter
The wealthy ones become totally not into Catboi podcast nazis, or Charlie Kirk

Yup, that’s why Musk’s Twitter is so harmful. He promotes and normalizes the most blatant Pepe nazi freaks on a platform where lonely or bullied nerdy incels can feel safe.

So basically a modernized but more ubiquitous version of 4chan.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

What the gently caress

so a pig starts doing the worm next to your car and you're going to jail for it?

love my fascist swamp shithole.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

TremorX posted:

This won't turn any GOPers around, though. They don't give a gently caress about the mother, only ThE BaBy. They'll see this as a woman being selfish and refusing to sacrifice herself for the baby.

poo poo, they barely even care about the baby either; they couldn’t give a single gently caress as to whether or how that baby gets raised after birth

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

My uncle on my mom's side died of covid in 2021 in a cancer hospice and he went to the grave as the most trashy MAGA freak on planet earth

No solid employment, took welfare any chance he could, drove a beater piece of poo poo truck that was always breaking down, lived in a trailer, drank and smoked until he gave himself throat cancer, complained about the libs and illegals until the very end.

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

TulliusCicero posted:

I really do want to have sympathy for the Doomers here: I fully understand it's a Trauma response for many, it is for me

My dad told me in 2016 when he voted for Trump over Hillary "eh it's four years, what is the worst he can do?! Maybe he will upend the establishment."

My dad died of COVID complications May of 2020.

Voting Always Matters

gently caress :( Yeah I don’t want to doom post - I just can’t believe the amount of support he has still despite being an incredibly stupid piece of poo poo. I can’t name a single thing he’s good at beyond being a very convincing snake oil salesman. The thing is- he’s not even good at that - his rallies lately have him fumbling and saying insane things but his supporters are still like “That’s are President 😭😭”

I’m so over it. I can’t do another four years of this.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

TremorX posted:

again, i think it depends. sure alot of chuds will be fine with it. but i think alot of moderates and soft c types are gonna see that and then see arizona and other places down the road and start worrying. espcially when at best the GOP meally mouths out its rear end when asked.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

somnambulist posted:

gently caress :( Yeah I don’t want to doom post - I just can’t believe the amount of support he has still despite being an incredibly stupid piece of poo poo. I can’t name a single thing he’s good at beyond being a very convincing snake oil salesman. The thing is- he’s not even good at that - his rallies lately have him fumbling and saying insane things but his supporters are still like “That’s are President 😭😭”

I’m so over it. I can’t do another four years of this.

i think alot of it is demented sunk cost and nostalgia love for him. but thats my assumtion.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

So sort of like when that cop that mag dumped in the acorn incident, with this law, the guy in the back seat would be charged because the cop imagined a crime.

:lol:

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Hazo posted:

Yup, that’s why Musk’s Twitter is so harmful. He promotes and normalizes the most blatant Pepe nazi freaks on a platform where lonely or bullied nerdy incels can feel safe.

So basically a modernized but more ubiquitous version of 4chan.

Ebaum also fits both categories pretty firmly too

Did anyone ever figure out what was Elon's wierd incel bro that got him into Nazi poo poo?

Or was he just a Nazi the whole time?

Was it loving Gamergate?

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Apr 9, 2024

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

I wouldn’t be shocked if Biden had some support softening because of Gaza or what not, but I suspect anyone who ends up a Trump supporter over it was looking for a reason to back the sumbitch

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
He's our favorite president, he just is, fella. We didn't make that choice, but we have to live with it and support are commander in cheef

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

TulliusCicero posted:

Ebaum also fits both categories pretty firmly too

Did anyone ever figure out what was Elon's wierd uncel bro that got him into Nazi poo poo?

Or was he just a Nazi the whole time?

Was it loving Gamergate?

he's a rich white guy from apartheid era south africa.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

His ex wife certainly seems to have encouraged him in that direction even if he was already on the way

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i think alot of it is demented sunk cost and nostalgia love for him. but thats my assumtion.

Nostalgia for a 1 term wonder who did jack poo poo?

Like I know chuds live in fantasy land, but what did the motherfucker do they actually like?

He's incredibly lazy, the people who actually did that poo poo were standard GOP evil

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

What the gently caress

you could literally dip your whole arm into a vat of fentanyl and experience no effect from the drug lmao. dumbass cops.

Buce fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Apr 9, 2024

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

TulliusCicero posted:

Like I know chuds live in fantasy land, but what did the motherfucker do they actually like?

owned the libs

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

TulliusCicero posted:

Nostalgia for a 1 term wonder who did jack poo poo?

He's incredibly lazy, the people who actually did that poo poo was bog standard GOP evil
He got abortion banned in half the country by appointing judges who killed Roe. Also, he upset the liberal in their collective hearts

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

somnambulist posted:

Isn’t it entirely possible people can vote for abortion access and then vote for a third party candidate because they dislike Biden? There’s a lot of people who hate Biden and it makes me nervous but I guess we’ll just have to see.

My take on this is that the people who don't feel Biden is left enough/don't like his handling of the Palestinian genocide attempt, are politically aware enough to realize that if he loses that Trump will win and that means Fascism and everything is going to be completely hosed.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Waltzing Along posted:

My take on this is that the people who don't feel Biden is left enough/don't like his handling of the Palestinian genocide attempt, are politically aware enough to realize that if he loses that Trump will win and that means Fascism and everything is going to be completely hosed.

lol go over to cspam and see if that holds up

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
He made the gas go low and the stocks go high, he be good and he be patriot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Biden has the best stock market ever, on record