Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
I figured it out. You can watch full raw or smackdown a day after if you have the usa network app or the fox sports website. Just plug in your cable provider and bam full episodes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
"I've finally bagged me a homer" - me when I meet someone who also likes promos and comedy segments

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Mr Hootington posted:

I figured it out. You can watch full raw or smackdown a day after if you have the usa network app or the fox sports website. Just plug in your cable provider and bam full episodes.

I'm good, thanks

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

A Fancy Hat posted:

I'm sorry but the idea of a WWE fan discovering they've been "missing out" on a massive amount of the show and not even realizing it is hilarious to me.

loving :lol: So do they just trim off matches, plus commercial breaks are probably cut off, and just leave pure distilled LORE?????

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Jiro posted:

loving :lol: So do they just trim off matches, plus commercial breaks are probably cut off, and just leave pure distilled LORE?????

SKIP THE BORE

ON WITH THE LORE!!

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Jiro posted:

They cut an entire Sami Zayn segment from the hulu airing.

Edit: I'm now watching the usa app version and the show is a lot smoother now with proper transitions and matches are longer.

The hulu version is like getting a cheeseburger without the meat.

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Apr 9, 2024

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
There's a cinema / director's cut / television cut joke here somewhere, but I can't find it.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Mr Hootington posted:

Edit: I'm now watching the usa app version and the show is a lot smoother now with proper transitions and matches are longer.

Only the burger is just a patty made out from lard.

Dango Bango posted:

SKIP THE BORE

ON WITH THE LORE!!

That, that right there is a thread title.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Jiro posted:

Only the burger is just a patty made out of dog feces

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

I learned that Wrestlemania occurred from scrolling through my Google News feed a few minutes ago. That's kind of wild.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

The full episode is 2:20:00. Hulu is 1:29:00. They cut almost an entire hour

They cut a Draganov vs Nakamura fight that was pretty good. Don't know who each are.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Mr Hootington posted:

They cut a Draganov vs Nakamura fight that was pretty good. Don't know who each are.

They also went commercial free for the first 50 minutes, which is rare.

Usually the show is about 2 hours without commercials. So if they trim it down to 90 for hulu they only cut out half an hour

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

CobiWann posted:

There's a cinema / director's cut / television cut joke here somewhere, but I can't find it.

this is what happens when you finish a story in the alps

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

if you need to watch a whole film to understand and enjoy it then maybe you're not as sophisticated as you thought.

CatelynIsAZombie
Nov 16, 2006

I can't wait to bomb DO-DON-GOES!

Mr Hootington posted:

How much shorter can a 3 minute match get? Maybe this is why they thought WWE Speed would work

Mr Hootington posted:

saw someone on twitter complain that they buried nakamura in that match because he's lazy from getting paid too much good money and that's why he's bad now (not the booking). the youtube highlights I found looked sweet though!

CatelynIsAZombie fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Apr 9, 2024

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

CatelynIsAZombie posted:

How much shorter can a 3 minute match get? Maybe this is why they thought WWE Speed would work

saw someone on twitter complain that they buried nakamura in that match because he's lazy from getting paid too much good money and that's why he's bad now (not the booking). the youtube highlights I found looked sweet though!

So far I've the 1 match I've seen that was shortened was the 6 man Awesome Truth and Cena Vs Judgement Day. They took out like 5ish minutes of r-truth and miz doing some cool poo poo.

Yeah the nakamura match was a solid mid-card match. Isn't main event, but was solid fun.

Watching the actual entire show now and my opinion of it has gone up. This is an enjoyable watch.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Nakamura and Dragunov probably had to get shortened because of Rock and Cody going on forever. But it was primarily to show off Dragunov and his moves and personality.

Would be nice if they could run it back with more time in the future.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

the cody lore is important

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Eat My Fuc posted:

this is what happens when you finish a story in the alps

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

just watched mania night 2 drat that sucked lol

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Cavauro posted:

why is there so many drat homers in that drat gif?

https://i.imgur.com/he3fhcv.gifv

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Quantum of Phallus posted:

just watched mania night 2 drat that sucked lol

it's okay - cinema isn't for everyone

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I was listening to Brian Zane/Wrestling with Wregret's review of Mania and he said it was definitely top 5, probably top 3 all time with 17 and 30. I was surprised by that, as he's usually fairly level headed and that is not the impression I'm getting from most people.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

by wrestlemania standards it seemed pretty good

IMO there have been VERY few good wrestlemanias and definitely none between 30 and 40

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
If we're judging by Night 2 alone, XL definitely is up there with X-7, XIX, and XXX.

But if you add Night 1 into the mix, your chances of winning drastic go down then oooooooof.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

the simple fact that night 2 didn’t end with spite booking alone puts it above most wrestlemanias

paula veck is definitely on easy street for now

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Mr Hootington posted:

Yeah the nakamura match was a solid mid-card match. Isn't main event, but was solid fun.

Shinsuke Nakamura is one of the all-time great NJPW wrestlers who had done basically all he could in Japan. After he moved to the US, he debuted with an all-time great match against Sami Zayn in NXT that was also Sami's last NXT match (seriously, go watch NXT Takeover Dallas from 2016 if you have a chance), and then basically stopped giving a crap, especially after making the main roster. Now all Nakamura really does is collect a large paycheck and go surfing on his days off. Otherwise, he's past really... well, caring.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

perhaps wrestlemania was good and you're all too jaded

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
There was also a bunch of dick kicking.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

All of us? At the rate she wrestles that'd take years.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

When I was a kid I thought Jaded by Aerosmith was one of the big, historically important songs.

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
If WWE wants to be cinema so bad they should give Scorsese the book.

Lord Of Texas
Dec 26, 2006

Jiro posted:

Finally! It's the era of :words:

Promos are getting a lot of collateral shade lately.

Promos are great
Mic work is great
Wrestling wouldn't be wrestling without talking
People aren't morons or worse wrestling enjoyers for liking promos

It's specifically WWE-style promos that loving suck!!!!

A WWE main event promo segment:
- 10 minutes for entrances
- 5 minutes for commercials
- 4 minutes of looking into the crowd
- 3 minutes of catchphrases/repeating what you've already heard
- <30 seconds of saying anything of interest

A good promo:
- it's not hard! just say interesting things with conviction that build up the product

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

NienNunb posted:

When I was a kid I thought Jaded by Aerosmith was one of the big, historically important songs.

gently caress you for reminding me this song exists.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Glass Punkbull 141 posted:

If WWE wants to be cinema so bad they should give Scorsese the book.

I mean they're already letting the Rock say gently caress

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

JUNGLE BOY posted:

by wrestlemania standards it seemed pretty good

IMO there have been VERY few good wrestlemanias and definitely none between 30 and 40

Well, there you have it! I am just going off the vibes from places like here and some tweets, which seemed cooler on it. It was surprising to hear someone come out that positively.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Endorph posted:

can they sell dusty's rolex to get chelsea green acting lessons

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

projecthalaxy posted:

I was listening to Brian Zane/Wrestling with Wregret's review of Mania and he said it was definitely top 5, probably top 3 all time with 17 and 30. I was surprised by that, as he's usually fairly level headed and that is not the impression I'm getting from most people.

A good Wrestlemania typically has nothing to do with the match quality, but how it makes you feel afterwards. Big face wins like Austin at 14 and Bryan at 30 are most memorable for me. I cannot remember a drat thing about what happened in those matches except for the finish.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Wrestlemania used to be a tight 3 to 4 hour show and is now about 12 hours spread over two nights and covered from head to toe in ads, and all the matches still seem to way too short. I’m always baffled how anyone can say this is a top mania even grading on a curve.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Lord Of Texas posted:

Promos are getting a lot of collateral shade lately.

Promos are great
Mic work is great
Wrestling wouldn't be wrestling without talking
People aren't morons or worse wrestling enjoyers for liking promos

It's specifically WWE-style promos that loving suck!!!!

A WWE main event promo segment:
- 10 minutes for entrances
- 5 minutes for commercials
- 4 minutes of looking into the crowd
- 3 minutes of catchphrases/repeating what you've already heard
- <30 seconds of saying anything of interest

A good promo:
- it's not hard! just say interesting things with conviction that build up the product

That's also why I used :words: It's how we described Turple Haitch when he would just talk and talk and talk before Batista :krakken: would come out and possibly do something. Raw Live Threads used to be FILLED with different SA smilies for each wrestler. The Era of :words: is here, debase yourself and wallow in LORE. SLOM or no SLOM.