Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
hey yall. been wanting to rewatch the BOTW (I think?) episode where they review a low-budget movie made by two brothers. It had a bunch of shots where you could audibly hear someone say "go" at the beginning to cue the actors. Does anyone know the episode or movie name? Thanks in advance.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

if I wanted to see reddit I'd kill myself go to reddit

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Jose Oquendo posted:

They let him out of Wisconsin?

who the hell is that idiot. and why is he hanging out with nico colaleo

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

little munchkin posted:

hey yall. been wanting to rewatch the BOTW (I think?) episode where they review a low-budget movie made by two brothers. It had a bunch of shots where you could audibly hear someone say "go" at the beginning to cue the actors. Does anyone know the episode or movie name? Thanks in advance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNY6HlDKLgk&t=2131s its this one and the movie is called Slaughter Day

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

if I wanted to see reddit I'd kill myself go to reddit

i was googling kenobi and thought it was kinda funny it will never happen again

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?

little munchkin posted:

Ben & Arthur?

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
that's the one with the bald guy whose name doesn't start with a 'b'

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

little munchkin posted:

It’s one where a couple people make their own “evil dead” with zero budget and really go hard until they seem to get bored towards the end.

It’s driving me crazy cuz I know exactly what you’re talking about but I have no idea what the movie or episode is and the thumbnails aren’t helping

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Sunk Dunk posted:

Has anyone seen monkey man? I’m in Dubrovnik and it’s the only interesting looking movie playing atm

E: the other option is the zone of interest but I’m pretty sure that’s already on streaming for free

Surprised Croatia allows The Zone of Interest to be shown.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Go to a bar

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

go to a discotheque and become one with the funkybeatz

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

heard u like girls posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNY6HlDKLgk&t=2131s its this one and the movie is called Slaughter Day

i was googling kenobi and thought it was kinda funny it will never happen again

:thanks:

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
https://twitter.com/catsuka/status/1777351955725074479
https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1777458966441738591
https://twitter.com/FilmUpdates/status/1777360111905702033
:smithicide:
Its never been more over.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

That guy with Mike looks like the fat Game of Thrones dude with bleached hair.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUyk6D5rgcE

I wonder how much they spent for Emilia Clarke's likeness to use for three seconds in this game. Anyone want a han solo simulator?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

These all sound just as tedious as Hollywood garbage tbh, just in the other direction

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

John Wick of Dogs posted:

These all sound just as tedious as Hollywood garbage tbh, just in the other direction

Shut up bitch.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Arc Hammer posted:

I wonder how much they spent for Emilia Clarke's likeness to use for three seconds in this game. Anyone want a han solo simulator?

Your misleading post made me watch this trailer *twice* looking for emilia clarke. Atone

No Mods No Masters fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Apr 9, 2024

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

khwarezm posted:

Shut up bitch.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

khwarezm posted:

Shut up bitch.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

lol ok yeah give Francis Ford coppola 100 million us dollars in the year 2024. go ahead. I'm sure it will work out great

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Jay figuring out how many of Mike's millions he can siphon off for this project before Mike realizes

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

Sunk Dunk posted:

I’ve been outside all day dummy

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

lol ok yeah give Francis Ford coppola 100 million us dollars in the year 2024. go ahead. I'm sure it will work out great

it would be absolutely terrible, excessive, bloated, narratively unsound, overrated, and masturbatory, and it would be better than any film in the last two decades involving superheroes

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

there's a real sweet spot for auteurs mid-career where where they have the freedom to develop their vision but they still have to work with someone who knows how to write a loving screenplay

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

Arc Hammer posted:

I've already had plenty of experience with Han Solo Simulation and Emilia Clarke's likeness.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Arc Hammer posted:

Anyone want a han solo simulator?

You can buy those in any old Target now can't you?

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
Look I'm not going to pretend that Tetro or whatever is a good movie that's filling me with confidence, but I simply can't say no to the guy who made Apocalypse Now selling his wine empire to fund his insane fever dream pie in the sky project at the age of 85, its legitimately inspirational in its audacity and sounds like the process of making the movie itself is probably the most interesting thing about it and most unlikely Hollywood tale in years.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Aubrey Plaza in a John Waters flick? Yes loving please!!

Pead
May 31, 2001
Nap Ghost

I always thought Domu was one of Otomo's more complete works and would be a really good series or movie in the right hands. This is a travesty.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

He looks happy. Is this AI generated?

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

khwarezm posted:

Look I'm not going to pretend that Tetro or whatever is a good movie that's filling me with confidence, but I simply can't say no to the guy who made Apocalypse Now selling his wine empire to fund his insane fever dream pie in the sky project at the age of 85, its legitimately inspirational in its audacity and sounds like the process of making the movie itself is probably the most interesting thing about it and most unlikely Hollywood tale in years.

they could do a pretty cool documentary about Francis Ford Coppola's difficulty making this film. I wonder if anyone ever thought of that before

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
"sounds like a suicide mission... I'm in!" is a comedy line. that's like a mike stoklasa joke

it's clearly supposed to be one of those "we've completely surrounded. they've got mounted guns, dogs, tanks, and 400 troopers standing in our way. our comms are down, no back-up on the way, we've out of food, one gun, 4 bullets, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses... my kind of party/I almost feel bad for them/let's give 'em hell." type of lines
but instead they wrote "I'm probably gonna die. finally"
freudian slip?

but also
I put "sounds like a suicide mission" because I wanted people to understand it. you could also say "this job... you'd have to have some kind of death wish." the actual line is "this job... it's a death wish" :confused:
they couldn't even gently caress up correctly

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
farts of dorkness

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

Cubone posted:

"sounds like a suicide mission... I'm in!" is a comedy line. that's like a mike stoklasa joke

rich evans would recognize it as ripping off mass effect 2

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

LIGHT SABERS!

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Cubone posted:

it's clearly supposed to be one of those "we've completely surrounded. they've got mounted guns, dogs, tanks, and 400 troopers standing in our way. our comms are down, no back-up on the way, we've out of food, one gun, 4 bullets, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses... my kind of party/I almost feel bad for them/let's give 'em hell." type of lines
but instead they wrote "I'm probably gonna die. finally"
freudian slip?

but also
I put "sounds like a suicide mission" because I wanted people to understand it. you could also say "this job... you'd have to have some kind of death wish." the actual line is "this job... it's a death wish" :confused:
they couldn't even gently caress up correctly

You have to consider it's an ubisoft game so inability to decline horrible missions and longing for death are entirely in ludonarrative harmony

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

stephenthinkpad posted:

He looks happy. Is this AI generated?

No, he’s just got LA bar face. Those places are super pleasant compared to the sometimes bellicose shitholes that are Midwest bars.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

No Mods No Masters posted:

Your misleading post made me watch this trailer *twice* looking for emilia clarke. Atone

You didn't see her as the Crimson Dawn representative? It's a callback to the hit film Solo: A Star Wars story where Emilia Clarke took over the Crimson Dawn which is part of Black Sun which used to be owned by a sex lizard in Shadows of the Empite but currently belongs to robo-legs Darth Maul in Disney Star Wars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Probably everyone in hollyweird is gonna be pretty nice to you if you can say you were involved in smiling friends. The show never really stopped being the talk of the town and now season 2 is imminent

Arc Hammer posted:

You didn't see her as the Crimson Dawn representative? It's a callback to the hit film Solo: A Star Wars story where Emilia Clarke took over the Crimson Dawn which is part of Black Sun which used to be owned by a sex lizard in Shadows of the Empite but currently belongs to robo-legs Darth Maul in Disney Star Wars.

If that's supposed to be her it seems like an absolutely terrible likeness beyond being a brown haired woman. I guess maybe it could be the character but not using her likeness? Anyway from a quick search I can't find anyone on the net concluding it's her but you, but I guess it's also completely possible no one cares