Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I prefer orbs to cubes personally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran
:orb:

Tesla was right
Apr 3, 2009

Whats with all the robot sex avatars?
I have a cube and it changed my life. Fits in the palm of my hand and is perfect to juggle.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
All this talk of anomalies and suppressing and studying and researching. Has Tynan just played a shitload of Project Moon stuff?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Hail The Cube

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

e: unfortunately

Flesh Forge fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Apr 9, 2024

Oscar aint no Slouch
Apr 29, 2014
they need to de-abstract chemfuel into petrol and diesel for that added risk of loving up your travel plans to get the cube

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Pawnmorpher to add mechanical morphs to allow for true Yutepersons

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

love that cube

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE
They promised more details on Ghouls back in preview #2 and completely forgot. :ignorance:

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.
Now would be the time to set your Beta to 1.4.3901 if you aren't ready to update. They added it this morning.

I have a game in progress and have absolutely no interest in anomaly :( so will likely keep my current game going for a bit and then check it out in a year or two per usual to add to my 4k hours.

Garfu fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Apr 10, 2024

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
I've never had an expansion that I am so apathetic about while still excited.

Im not looking forward to remaking the mod list.

babydonthurtme
Apr 21, 2005
It's my first time...
Grimey Drawer

Kris xK posted:

I've never had an expansion that I am so apathetic about while still excited.

Im not looking forward to remaking the mod list.
I'm mostly just excited for the 1.5 vanilla improvements. Books + wall lights + buried circuits feel like enough motivation to prune my modlist.

Still wondering what the incentive to buy Anomaly is if you're not interested in adding the horror event poo poo to your games. If all the cool weapons and mechanics are tied to the events then it may be the first expansion I don't buy :ohdear:

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

It's got new music apparently.

I am also not interested in any of the mechanics, but I'll probably buy it. It's Rimworld.

The really weird thing was just how obviously amazing the last two expansions were. There was so much richness added to the colony management part of this colony management game. The contrast is pretty extreme, with exactly zero richness being added to that aspect of the game with this expansion.

Books and wall lights are going to be great though. Definitely worth starting a new game for the nifty 1.5 stuff.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

babydonthurtme posted:

Still wondering what the incentive to buy Anomaly is if you're not interested in adding the horror event poo poo to your games. If all the cool weapons and mechanics are tied to the events then it may be the first expansion I don't buy :ohdear:

I'm buying it so I can do a proper SCP run and because I have 5000+ in Rimworld, I'm fine with giving them more money.

isndl
May 2, 2012
It's really hard to gauge the value of Anomaly because it's a mystery-centric expansion and they understandably want to keep a lot of that under wraps. The teasers show off big items but at the same time try to avoid going into details on how you benefit from it.

If you're on the fence about the DLC it's perfectly valid to wait and see though, it's not like there's a pre-order bonus you're missing out on. Just be prepared for spoilers that will inevitably pop up in the thread!

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I am pretty excited for Anomaly. Having new threats to the colony that are a bit more elaborate than just more raids is something that was sorely missing from every single expansion so far, so it's neat we are having one that focuses on that aspect. Plus I super dig both the horror theme and the SCP/Lobotomy Corp theme.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Gonna unbookmark this thread for the duration of my first anomaly colony, see you goons once I escape to space

worm girl
Feb 12, 2022

Can you hear it too?

Eiba posted:

It's got new music apparently.

I would pay the price of a full DLC to add ten more Alistair Lindsey tracks and nothing else.

edit: holy poo poo its 11 songs

worm girl fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Apr 10, 2024

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It's definitely different from biotech, but I'm interested in just a content expansion. Does definitely sound quite... separate from the rest of the game though, both in tone and function. Like this seems like a separate questline from the normal colony stuff and it's not even clear if the end of it is like, an end for the colony like the other game endings?

I'm mostly just curious about it I think, will see how it goes. I imagine it's going to be polarizing though.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

They honestly need to just separate military convoys from the rest of the caravan system so you can send some soldiers and some food and when they get to their destination, they're given a huge mood and total immunity to infections/disease/etc.

No, I will not-- and have never-- administered panoxycycline.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

isndl posted:

They promised more details on Ghouls back in preview #2 and completely forgot. :ignorance:

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/294100/view/4173222729821718521

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

OwlFancier posted:

It's definitely different from biotech, but I'm interested in just a content expansion. Does definitely sound quite... separate from the rest of the game though, both in tone and function. Like this seems like a separate questline from the normal colony stuff and it's not even clear if the end of it is like, an end for the colony like the other game endings?

I'm mostly just curious about it I think, will see how it goes. I imagine it's going to be polarizing though.
It sounds like Royalty, then? :v:

I'm only half joking, but I passed on Royalty because it gave me the same reaction everyone in this thread is having to Anamoly. Except I'm more interested in the horror theme of this than I ever was about the empire poo poo in Royalty, so I'm definitely giving this a try when it drops.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

I know I've been saying I don't care about combat stuff and I'm only interested in exciting management improvements, but honestly the biggest thing that can make combat more interesting is disposable, or at least less valuable, melee fighters. Right now melee is really punishing because your guys will get injured and scarred in melee combat. No real way around it. More expendable melee fighters means more ways of fighting that don't slowly debilitate your colonists. So ghouls are kind of neat to me I guess?

The emphasis on how cruel it is is kind of off-putting though. It'd be cooler if it was a thing you could do to corpses.

Haifisch posted:

I'm only half joking, but I passed on Royalty because it gave me the same reaction everyone in this thread is having to Anamoly. Except I'm more interested in the horror theme of this than I ever was about the empire poo poo in Royalty, so I'm definitely giving this a try when it drops.
Royalty also gave psychic powers to tribals at least if you were entirely unintersted in the Empire. It wasn't a lot, but it was something.

This is an expansion most in the tradition of Royalty though, with a particular theme adding a singular pre-set flavor. In contrast with Ideology and Biotech which were all about choosing your own flavors (and were therefore very good).

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Maybe one day there will be a method to treat scarring other than get in the tube for 6000 years. Some procedure you can do?

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

Eiba posted:

The emphasis on how cruel it is is kind of off-putting though. It'd be cooler if it was a thing you could do to corpses.

I mean thats kinda the same thing but with extra steps.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Maybe one day there will be a method to treat scarring other than get in the tube for 6000 years. Some procedure you can do?

Hey kid, wanna try one?

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface
Oh man, this new dlc means you could recreate WH40k flects

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Haifisch posted:

I'm not very interested in the empire poo poo either but I am happy for Royalty just for the psycast system, which enables pretty strong low tech gameplay if you want that.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Telsa Cola posted:

I mean thats kinda the same thing but with extra steps.
Corpses are an infinitely renewable resource that you will obtain in great quantities through perfectly justifiable self defense. No cruelty required.

On a similar note: cannibalism isn't just ethical on the rim, but practically an ecological service. Every raider corpse you eat is reducing the ecological impact you'd have from other methods of food production.

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

StealthArcher posted:

I'm glad to see more people singing the praises of Yellowknife as the ideal rimworld locale.

Because it is.

My in-laws live on acreages in Whitehorse, and yep.

Brother-in-law works on a farm up there, and also has enormous berry patches, vegetable patch and greenhouse on his property. You can grow a surprising amount of produce, especially given how little cloud there is and how long the days are in summer. Cabbages the size of basketballs.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Leal posted:

Hey kid, wanna try one?

Just Say No :lofty: (Returns to eating an entire bale of homegrown yayo)

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Lead out in cuffs posted:

My in-laws live on acreages in Whitehorse, and yep.

Brother-in-law works on a farm up there, and also has enormous berry patches, vegetable patch and greenhouse on his property. You can grow a surprising amount of produce, especially given how little cloud there is and how long the days are in summer. Cabbages the size of basketballs.

tundra and cold bog are extremely neat biomes in Rimworld tbh, you can't quite make it work as pure vanilla tribals but if you allow crafting the parka without requiring research for complex clothing (legit since the parka is tagged paleolithic tech level but not craftable at the crafting spot, unless you mod it) it's fine.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I just had my first experience being raided by a bunch of warcaskets. That was... fun

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Leal posted:

Hey kid, wanna try one?

Yeah but I mean more like at least some level of mitigation that is more reasonable than that.

Frontier docs on the rim are pretty lovely. Or maybe there could be some kind of something that cancels out being a crippled mass of scar tissue but that's just being on drugs.

isndl
May 2, 2012

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Yeah but I mean more like at least some level of mitigation that is more reasonable than that.

Frontier docs on the rim are pretty lovely. Or maybe there could be some kind of something that cancels out being a crippled mass of scar tissue but that's just being on drugs.

Painstoppers. :v:

In general the only scars that are a serious issue are brain scars and to a lesser extent torso scars, since most everything else is fixable with replacements. I generally save any healer mech serums for brain scars myself.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I actually like luciferium quite a bit, but I'm also tech-addicted so I have cryptosleep pods for each colonist just in case. If supplies are low some folks go for a nap, but it's pretty easy to keep a good supply around

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Im a coward with Luciferium and I only use it when I want to wrap up my run to go kill big cities with warcasket crackheads

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Leal posted:

Hey kid, wanna try one?

That swimsuit looks delicious. And it's on a metal lunch tray, nice!