Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Mozi posted:

as someone who smoked a bunch of avb in college - don't unless you have no other options for getting a buzz. it tastes absolutely godawful and the high while technically present is poo poo. if you want to use the whole metaphorical buffalo cooking with it is a better path.

The lazy way here is not even "cooking" just throwing it onto some peanut butter on some crackers or whatever. Usually called firecrackers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minotaurus Rex
Feb 25, 2007

if this accounts a rockin'
don't come a knockin'

pixaal posted:

The lazy way here is not even "cooking" just throwing it onto some peanut butter on some crackers or whatever. Usually called firecrackers.

And then microwaving?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Minotaurus Rex posted:

And then microwaving?

If it's Already Been Vaped, it's already activated I guess if you want it warm? The more effort you put into prep the smoother and less harsh eating it is going to be. the material is basically the constancy of wood shavings.

TadBradley
Jan 14, 2008
I don't know what goes here.
I made one anyway. I liked it, but I won't dispute its the worst way to use avb.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
if you really want to be hardcore vape the avb a couple more times and then smoke it

Minotaurus Rex
Feb 25, 2007

if this accounts a rockin'
don't come a knockin'
Didn’t know you could just straight up eat vaped weed directly. Good to know, thanks!

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
you can eat weed and get high, just not very efficient

when i was in china on school year abroad i would buy hash but not have a safe spot to stink it up by smoking it so i'd just nibble it. better than nothing

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Minotaurus Rex posted:

Didn’t know you could just straight up eat vaped weed directly. Good to know, thanks!

Yup, it’s been decarbed by vaping. https://weedmaps.com/learn/the-plant/the-ultimate-guide-to-decarboxylation

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

Minotaurus Rex posted:

Careful if you have any sort of digestive issues. Decarbed weed in its flower form can cause your stomach to be upset because the plant fibers are hard to digest, hence why a lot of people prefer to infuse it into oil or butter.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
Oil and butter both upset my stomach much worse than plain decarbed flower. I just consider the weed farts to be a bonus.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Oil and butter both upset my stomach much worse than plain decarbed flower. I just consider the weed farts to be a bonus.

Weed farts? you mean Re Vape?

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Yeah I hook up my cpap tubing to my rear end to make sure I don’t lose any precious, precious cannabinoid remnants.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Yeah I hook up my cpap tubing to my rear end to make sure I don’t lose any precious, precious cannabinoid remnants.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Heineken???

gently caress that poo poo.

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Nigmaetcetera posted:

You fit your smokesuit desert fashion. Who told you how to do that?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

I filled a canister with weed farts anyone want to buy it to huff? It's a lovely mix of THC and jenkem highs you'll just love

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Brain Curry posted:

loving LOL

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

pixaal posted:

I filled a canister with weed farts anyone want to buy it to huff? It's a lovely mix of THC and jenkem highs you'll just love

Just earlier in this very thread you said I can't get high off your weed farts! What gives, man?

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
light your weed farts

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr

time is a fart snorkle

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

In re: abv smoking or eating:

maxe posted:

"da sludge realm"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0J9MDi-Twuw

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Brain Curry posted:

I’m the al lemonmeringue or whatever it is, i only saw the movie once, and the fact that i only saw it once is further evidence that I am Him.

Phat Phingers
May 27, 2023

Ey Frito-Lay! FUH Q MANG!
does weed enhance or suppress your personality?

Mozi posted:

you can eat weed and get high, just not very efficient

when i was in china on school year abroad i would buy hash but not have a safe spot to stink it up by smoking it so i'd just nibble it. better than nothing

asia weed? u ran the gauntlet with that one. they're heavy handed with charges over there.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

Phat Phingers posted:

does weed enhance or suppress your personality?

weed is my personality

as an aside, i called the weed store to make sure they have white chocolate bars before walking two blocks, just in case

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Phat Phingers posted:

asia weed? u ran the gauntlet with that one. they're heavy handed with charges over there.

On the other hand most cops over there don’t know what it looks or smells like and it grows in ditches. Lead and mercury filled ditches, but hey, it’s free!

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Mozi posted:

as someone who smoked a bunch of avb in college - don't unless you have no other options for getting a buzz. it tastes absolutely godawful and the high while technically present is poo poo. if you want to use the whole metaphorical buffalo cooking with it is a better path.

I've got like an oz of ABV weed and I'm not sure what to do with it. Thinking about tossing it in the meat smoker.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

dee eight posted:

weed is my personality

as an aside, i called the weed store to make sure they have white chocolate bars before walking two blocks, just in case

Take the walk anyway. Easy exercise.

Speaking of. I've taken up golf recently so I've been doing a lot of stretching to prevent cramps and to just get more flexible for a better swing. Anyway I did a bunch of stretches after a big vape and found it enhanced the experience quite a lot. Like the relaxing stretching endorphins went well with the THC.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Carth Dookie posted:

Take the walk anyway. Easy exercise.

Speaking of. I've taken up golf recently so I've been doing a lot of stretching to prevent cramps and to just get more flexible for a better swing. Anyway I did a bunch of stretches after a big vape and found it enhanced the experience quite a lot. Like the relaxing stretching endorphins went well with the THC.

What are you shooting, no cheating/fudging?

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

i get enough exercise just waking up in the afternoon

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

dee eight posted:

i get enough exercise just waking up in the afternoon

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

redshirt posted:

What are you shooting, no cheating/fudging?

at the moment? probably over 100 on proper courses. I only started playing in December.

I have a a couple of par 3 courses around. One's basically a pitch and putt, but the other is more of a 9 hole course with holes ranging from 90 to 160 yards (still all par 3) many of the holes wouldn't look out of place as a par 3 on a full sized course. Best results there are sub 40 over 9 holes. I've made 2 birdies total since I started playing.

Golf is hard.

But Jesu Christo is it satisfying to watch that stupid little ball go soaring when you catch it just right. I might only do it once every now and then but its just enough to suck me back in every time. I still remember the best drive I ever hit was on a hilly course and I accidentally hit the thing with very good form and found myself standing in perfect post hit position after a swing that nearly took me out of my shoes and watching the ball take what felt like a fortnight to land aaaaalll the way down the fairway. Including roll out, it probably only went about 230 yards but for a woefully unfit dude approaching his 40s, the second time on a "big" course, it felt heroic.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Carth Dookie posted:

at the moment? probably over 100 on proper courses. I only started playing in December.

I have a a couple of par 3 courses around. One's basically a pitch and putt, but the other is more of a 9 hole course with holes ranging from 90 to 160 yards (still all par 3) many of the holes wouldn't look out of place as a par 3 on a full sized course. Best results there are sub 40 over 9 holes. I've made 2 birdies total since I started playing.

Golf is hard.

But Jesu Christo is it satisfying to watch that stupid little ball go soaring when you catch it just right. I might only do it once every now and then but its just enough to suck me back in every time. I still remember the best drive I ever hit was on a hilly course and I accidentally hit the thing with very good form and found myself standing in perfect post hit position after a swing that nearly took me out of my shoes and watching the ball take what felt like a fortnight to land aaaaalll the way down the fairway. Including roll out, it probably only went about 230 yards but for a woefully unfit dude approaching his 40s, the second time on a "big" course, it felt heroic.

My man. It's amazing, isn't it? When you hit that 180 yard shot that somehow lands and stays on the green and you are putting for birdie????!

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

redshirt posted:

My man. It's amazing, isn't it? When you hit that 180 yard shot that somehow lands and stays on the green and you are putting for birdie????!

Second birdie I made was a 15 yard putt from off the green. Wasn't expecting it to go in and just laughed and laughed and laughed.

I can putt ok and I feel like my chipping is coming along, but man do I need a LOT of work on the long sticks. Last time I went to the range my "average" shot wouldn't make it 180 no matter what club I used. But I've spent a fair bit of time smacking balls into a net in my back yard and I feel like I've gotten a bit better form, so I'm curious to find out if I've improved.

Cuz its golf I'm sure I'll somehow have gotten worse despite hitting more cleanly :v:

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

dare i say it?

yes, i will

cow pasture pool

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

dee eight posted:

dare i say it?

yes, i will

cow pasture pool

Is this golf lingo?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Is this golf lingo?

Not that I'm familiar with. Maybe a midwest thing.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Is this golf lingo?

no, it's a description of the game as it is played

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

I think a cow pasture pool is a particularly difficult hazard.

Like just make the fairway full of grazing cows, and for an extra challenge there’s an above-ground pool your ball could land in.

Nigmaetcetera fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Apr 10, 2024

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Carth Dookie posted:

Second birdie I made was a 15 yard putt from off the green. Wasn't expecting it to go in and just laughed and laughed and laughed.

I can putt ok and I feel like my chipping is coming along, but man do I need a LOT of work on the long sticks. Last time I went to the range my "average" shot wouldn't make it 180 no matter what club I used. But I've spent a fair bit of time smacking balls into a net in my back yard and I feel like I've gotten a bit better form, so I'm curious to find out if I've improved.

Cuz its golf I'm sure I'll somehow have gotten worse despite hitting more cleanly :v:

My man. I love golf. Sincerely. It's so much fun, and it's so enjoyable on so many levels. I took a trip to Scotland in 2018 just to play golf. I'm not very good at all and I know it so when I play with better players I just humbly pick up and move on when it seems wise. I'm not married to any kind of score.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

ya see, pool is game where you try to put a ball in the hole

and golf is a game where you try to put a ball in the hole but the table is outside, like a cow pasture