Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
A buddy of mine captured this use of teamwork to take out a tank… and was rewarded for his efforts.

https://streamable.com/xnrgt4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
The new defense mission is pretty fun, but on 7 we had a really weird spawn pattern with 2-4 tanks every wave but literally 2 hulks the entire run. Bizarre.

My only real complaint is enemies being dropped on the mesas around the base and stratagems like railcannon and rocket pods refusing to target them.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Apr 9, 2024

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Nybble posted:

A buddy of mine captured this use of teamwork to take out a tank… and was rewarded for his efforts.

https://streamable.com/xnrgt4

Lmao that's amazing

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Giving tanks a death explosion delayed just enough to always punish hellpod kills with incredibly high kinetic energy was another stroke of genius.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
Arrowhead have been refining their "hilarious accidental death" chops for a while and it really shows

Musluk
May 23, 2011

Here goons enjoy, spent too long on these.

Gorelab
Dec 26, 2006

AndyElusive posted:

I consider myself situationally aware most of the time but jfc they need to up the sound design of the Charger. The fact that a tank sized rhino bug can fuckin consistently stealth stomp right through and ragdoll my rear end a football field distance away is ridiculous.

This is true of a lot of things. If I thought I got away from a pat sometimes I don't even notice the chainsaw guys until they hit me which feels... impossible for guys literally running around with chainsaws for arms.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again

AcidCat posted:

I think the head is a myth. My shots just go under the charger or disappear harmlessly into its armor.

They do a head shake animation before they charge, don't shoot at them when they do this. I think people get thrown off because angle of penetration is also a thing to consider. If they're rearing their head back you can't get the proper angle to one shot them, you need to wait until it's straight on, either from the side or front. You can also one shot bile titans but it's about 50% luck to get the window right, you need to hit them in the side of the head when they're spitting.

Slyphic
Oct 12, 2021

All we do is walk around believing birds!

AcidCat posted:

I think the head is a myth. My shots just go under the charger or disappear harmlessly into its armor.
FORE-head, not face-head. Aim for the middle of the bulldozer plow above it's face. It seems dumb that what looks like the thickest armor section is the weak spot, but I went from like 10% EAT one-shots to 95% once I realized that.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
Can't stop, wont stop 2/2 in the same game holy moly

https://i.imgur.com/jFqmbLY.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/BchBHdm.mp4

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I hit it with a stun & autocannons before it could do anything, but...what exactly is a Hulk Obliterator

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Hwurmp posted:

I hit it with a stun & autocannons before it could do anything, but...what exactly is a Hulk Obliterator

machine gun rocket hulk

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
nah, that's a hulk bruiser.
a hulk obliterator only has rockets.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

ship master burrows has some new dialouge that mentions Cyborgs working together with the automotons :getin:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Last night my game had a 4th ship upgrade option for the Bridge category named something new but the function was the same as the 3rd upgrade, enhanced drop pod control. There was no price listed and it wouldn't let me purchase, but the picture displayed subtle cosmetic changes for the area in question. Seems like more ship upgrades are not far away.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://streamable.com/atks7t

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

so there seems to be a new bug where my cape isn't attached to me when you land and it shows all the player stats..

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

AndyElusive posted:

I consider myself situationally aware most of the time but jfc they need to up the sound design of the Charger. The fact that a tank sized rhino bug can fuckin consistently stealth stomp right through and ragdoll my rear end a football field distance away is ridiculous.
Even better is the silent Hulks with the circular saw. I've been chopped in half by a Hulk I never heard coming.

jokes posted:

All I want is a quick-loader for the senate, arrowhead, you owe me for saving democracy
Fix the sight too please.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Apr 10, 2024

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again
If there's one fault you can lay on this game it's the sound. A lot of the weapons sound kind of anemic and stuff like huge bile titans can sneak up behind you without you even hearing them.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

god i could not disagree more

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I don't get the weapon sounds thing, but agree with some of the enemies.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

i love this game so much. they should have called it heaven divers.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Getting repeated CTD on this new version.

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

Crash on deployment instead of extract now gently caress yeah :slick:

Gorelab
Dec 26, 2006

Most weapons are good, though I think like the dominator and scorcher both sound super wimpy and the scorcher LOOKS really wimpy too.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Black Noise posted:

Crash on deployment instead of extract now gently caress yeah :slick:

Automaton sympathizers lurk everywhere. Flawless Super Earth programming cannot fail, it can only be failed.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

i feel like the automatons are more difficult to deal with than the bugs... everyone keeps talking about the quasar one shoting things.. but i'm shooting dropships and nothing seems to happen... i also thought i could take down fabricators.. i'm shooting it right at the vent and it doesn't go down... am i doing something wrong?

Lexorin
Jul 5, 2000

Dropships need to be hit in the engine pods. No idea about the Fabs, I think I've only ever gotten lucky once or twice.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service

Strong Sauce posted:

i feel like the automatons are more difficult to deal with than the bugs... everyone keeps talking about the quasar one shoting things.. but i'm shooting dropships and nothing seems to happen... i also thought i could take down fabricators.. i'm shooting it right at the vent and it doesn't go down... am i doing something wrong?

You have to hit the engine of the dropship, and you have to get it right down into the vent, being elevated helps.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Killing a dropship is meant to kill it's passengers. A while ago there was a bug where the dropship would visibly despawn and the wreck would rocket across the screen to replace it. When they fixed the bug they seem to have broken the part where the passengers die. Now they mostly aren't harmed but are trapped under the ship, or bug out and go dormant but killable. It's a real shame, because killing a dropship before the cargo deployed felt amazing. Now it's mostly a waste of time.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

The new defense mission vs bots is actually fun and (mostly) well designed. You will eventually get overwhelmed, EMS Mortar is the MVP. Note: do not call in anything near the generators. If those go down it takes a very long time to launch the rockets.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
in my experience you need to kill the dropship BEFORE the enemy units spawn in underneath it - it will fly in empty, do its pull up to hover and then the units will appear underneath. if you start charging the quasar before you can see the dropship and then track it to hit a thruster, you will kill it before the enemies spawn, if you're too slow they will fall when it dies and you just have to hope that the ship takes some out when it lands

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

They should add a holodeck on ship for trying stuff out without joining a game

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006

Strong Sauce posted:

Dropships you have to hit in the big square engines, fabricators you want to hit just above the bottom lip of the vent. Tank and tower cannons you can get in two hits anywhere except right in the front armour.

I think blasting the dudes with an autocannon while they're still in the dropship is more effective than taking one down with a Quasar. Still like the quasar with bugs but I switched back to the AC on bots. AC and sickle just gives you so much versatility and power, and I don't miss the shield that much, just have to be more careful with cover.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

New tower defense mission is great. Finally landmines get a chance to shine!

Landmines, mortar, autocannon, autocannon sentry, and I managed to clear a lvl 7 by myself since no one else ever joined despite the SOS.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Chard posted:

ship master burrows has some new dialouge that mentions Cyborgs working together with the automotons :getin:

The cyborgs had some badass designs, i hope that we get the giant super enemies like the siege mech eventually

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

quite stretched out posted:

in my experience you need to kill the dropship BEFORE the enemy units spawn in underneath it - it will fly in empty, do its pull up to hover and then the units will appear underneath. if you start charging the quasar before you can see the dropship and then track it to hit a thruster, you will kill it before the enemies spawn, if you're too slow they will fall when it dies and you just have to hope that the ship takes some out when it lands
I don't think I've ever seen a dropship fly in empty, I've always shot at the guys they're carrying with my AC/scorcher as soon as they fly into view.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Mesadoram posted:

I hate how quiet they are too. Just suddenly, vomitted on then immediate death.

Ya bile spewers are pure horror in terms of gameplay, you are kiting the small bugs and then you run into a corner with 10 of them just laying their doing mortar strikes.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Haven't had a single mission tonight without crash to desktop in the first 5 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Arglebargle III posted:

Haven't had a single mission tonight without crash to desktop in the first 5 minutes.

Apparently deleting shaders can help? I read that somewhere.