Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

those high republic books are sick though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Wanted Dead got its first big patch

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1981610/view/4188984060585821546

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Who the gently caress is Charles Soule

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Hell yeah. Me and the two other people that play are back in. Eat poo poo Space Runway.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Added 1 (1) song to karaoke.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6Gx7OTn6H0

https://sonicthehedgehog.com/yearofshadow/

:getin:

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
Noclip's Pentiment documentary's out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffIdgOBYwbc

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Oh, nice.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The next hot game franchise to get a movie adaptation: cosmic horror fishing game Dredge

NotPerfect
Sep 29, 2021

Dabir posted:

Who the gently caress is Charles Soule

He's primarily a comic book writer for Marvel, but he wrote a Star Wars Novel that was an introduction to the High Republic. He also works part time as an attorney at his own law firm.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

He's one of the main story architects for the High Republic books as a whole and has done a few more of the novels as well

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?

Never heard of this until now. Gamer Nexus has described it as "addictingly fun" instead of "addictively fun" so gently caress them!

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
Wanted: Dead is someone wanting to make their own Yakuza game without really knowing how, and almost sorta kinda pulling it off but also failing in hilarious ways.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I've only played like halfway through the first level but it's very obviously a game swinging for the fences and barely getting into center field but I respect the hustle

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Oh I thought wanted:dead was that scam zombie game from a little while ago

TuxedoOrca
Feb 6, 2024
I once watched a video on it and I still don't understand what it is.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

What if you could seamlessly* transition between a third person cover shooter and a character action game

*lol

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

He's one of the main story architects for the High Republic books as a whole and has done a few more of the novels as well
the writers room approach to the high republic books makes me cringe a bit on an artistic level because it kinda evokes the way the marvel factory cranks out movies, but I can't deny that it also makes it the most coherent cluster of star wars storytelling in decades

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Paying2Lurk posted:

Wanted: Dead is someone wanting to make their own Yakuza game without really knowing how, and almost sorta kinda pulling it off but also failing in hilarious ways.

How much does the newest update fix the issues? It sounds like a pretty comprehensive overhaul.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

homeless snail posted:

the writers room approach to the high republic books makes me cringe a bit on an artistic level because it kinda evokes the way the marvel factory cranks out movies, but I can't deny that it also makes it the most coherent cluster of star wars storytelling in decades

I mean, I think if you're going to be doing a long-form multi-thread thing like the High Republic, having at least some semblance of a central creative vision is required to even make it work.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Paying2Lurk posted:

I thought it was someone trying to make a Ninja Gaiden this whole time lol

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

This elden ring mod released a new patch, and part of the changelog:

quote:

The Bandai Namco logo in the intro will now have a black background, and use their new corporate design.

idk i think that's funny

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

I like the bounty hunter class in the Star Wars MMO because any time you run into a Jedi/Sith they make sure to smugly say that you are no match for the Force shortly before getting shot in the face 20 times.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Pwnstar posted:

I like the bounty hunter class in the Star Wars MMO because any time you run into a Jedi/Sith they make sure to smugly say that you are no match for the Force shortly before getting shot in the face 20 times.

Yeah! That's why Kyle Katarn is cool because he bypassed the rules somehow and got to become a Jedi AFTER he was already a scoundrel smuggler, so he just kept shooting people in the face, but also force-pushing them in the face off of a superbuilding from 50 yards.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

I mean, I think if you're going to be doing a long-form multi-thread thing like the High Republic, having at least some semblance of a central creative vision is required to even make it work.
i mean in an ideal world it would just be one guy writing books until he dies with a singular vision. but if it has to be a product this seems like the way to make a good one

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

bring back george

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
I always thought his name was Manny Cadavera. You know, like Cadaver :confused:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

credburn posted:

I always thought his name was Manny Cadavera. You know, like Cadaver :confused:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calavera

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Kanfy posted:

Noclip's Pentiment documentary's out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffIdgOBYwbc

another excellent documentary from noclip (i have only ever watched their FF14 1.0 documentary but hey that's 2 out of 2)

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club

Ohhhh!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Wanted: Dead feels a bit better after the patch, I don't think I had played enough before to really get a feel for it, but

game is fun and funny

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Infinity Gaia posted:

It might come out this year but definitely not on Steam. Squeenix has some sort of deal with Epic so even when it comes out on PC it's probably gonna be Epic exclusive for a while.

I think FFXVI will release for PC this year and FVII Rebirth will be next year.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
what were the sales numbers for FF7R on the EGS and steam combined? gotta be a lot, right? I tried looking for numbers but got wildly varying results from different places. if it was millions of copies then I don't know if squeenix shareholders would want to wait to get that bag unless sony ponied up an insane amount for extended exclusivity.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

DalaranJ posted:

Added 1 (1) song to karaoke.

love the trailer for this patch

Edit: im not kidding look at these bullet points

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YNK0LtSu5w

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Apr 10, 2024

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.

hatty posted:

I thought it was someone trying to make a Ninja Gaiden this whole time lol

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Why is WoW getting a classic Cata server? Isn't that just the live servers without any of the good content at that point?

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

I said come in! posted:

Why is WoW getting a classic Cata server? Isn't that just the live servers without any of the good content at that point?

it's live servers minus 6 expansions?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Zokari posted:

it's live servers minus 6 expansions?

Yeah, which is why it kinda feels pointless to me? I guess i'm missing something. Classic servers up to the end of Wrath of the Lich King I can understand, that's a totally different experience, but once Cata released, it felt very different and the live servers now are basically WoW 2 in all but name.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

cataclysm is 15 years old, its Retro. its WoW Classic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

it's a cataclysm progression server, it's not really complicated