Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Captain Invictus posted:

I would rather save 40 bucks and wait a month than pay the BBTS markup

That’s the one with the trailer, the one without the trailer is $70. BBTS’s price for both versions is the same as Pulse, and Pulse is sold out anyway. I just got charged for the non-trailer version on BBTS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Xenomrph posted:

That’s the one with the trailer, the one without the trailer is $70. BBTS’s price for both versions is the same as Pulse, and Pulse is sold out anyway. I just got charged for the non-trailer version on BBTS.

HEY we're bashin here!

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
I ordered. It'll go into my pile of loot waiting for legends scale fat-Galvatron to launch. Thanks for the tip!

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
https://twitter.com/tfw2005/status/1777550649464688667

An effort was made.

I guess

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
For the rest of my life, when I think about quantum wave/particle duality, I will think "oh like how MP Ginrai looks both amazing and wack at the same time"

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

It is STRUGGLING to do that pose justice.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
Seeing it so thin and not chunky as heck is weirding me out like, yes PM Optimus had red fists but it looks wrong when they're on arms with actual elbows.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

TaurusOxford posted:

It's a shame because they have crammed an ab crunch in just under the cab-block but the animation model clearly doesn't respect the cab being a block and curves mid-torso.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Good Listener posted:

Seeing it so thin and not chunky as heck is weirding me out like, yes PM Optimus had red fists but it looks wrong when they're on arms with actual elbows.

So did the Generations Ultra Magnus retool, but I think the extra junk broke up the color better.

Although I think that new Ginrai might actually have blue backs to its hands like fingerless gloves that you just can't see at the angles they posed it at.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
You can see it there.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
every new picture of that thing just makes it look worse and worse, the cab and Hi-Q look fine, but everything associated with the trailer is just awkward as hell for something I assume will cost $300

edit:
Wait that costs 46000 yen? like $450?

Holy poo poo no.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Anora posted:

every new picture of that thing just makes it look worse and worse, the cab and Hi-Q look fine, but everything associated with the trailer is just awkward as hell for something I assume will cost $300

edit:
Wait that costs 46000 yen? like $450?

Holy poo poo no.

Supposedly more like 250-300 USD since the yen is weak right now. You're right on the money though if you're talking CAD.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

https://x.com/Quillobyte_/status/1777763531749773822

The Ferak I already showed you, and Rum-Maj and Moonracer from Provoke.

We tried to give Moonracer a space helmet theme, to go with her sharpshooter theme.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

TaurusOxford posted:

Oof.

This ia thing.

If they do a V2 some day they might nail it better.

Kinda like how that first MP Megatron was a disaster but they nailed the next version.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
It's kind of weird how great Ginrai (just the cab section) looks in bot mode, though

I mean peep this friggin action figure

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Good Listener posted:

Yeah my first reaction was that the red fingers are "creepy" somehow. No sir, I don't like it.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

The Last Call posted:

Oof.

This ia thing.

If they do a V2 some day they might nail it better.

Kinda like how that first MP Megatron was a disaster but they nailed the next version.

The first MP Megatron at least had the excuse of only being given like 10 days(?) to be designed and being an engineering nightmare even under the best conditions.

Super Ginrai just feels...confused as to what it wants to be. Personally I wish they had gone for full screen accuracy(something closer to this);

but if not that then it should have just all-in on being a modern take on the original toy (something more akin to Fanshobby Power Baser in terms of proportions) cause I feel they tried to meet in the middle and it really doesn't work.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow
Ugh. Those official photos of MP Ginrai really got me down. I was so lookong forward to it and I love that design but drat, did they do him dirty.

As was said above an effort was made...

On a better note, I found Studio Series Snarl at Target today while looking for the Neca Jack Kirby. Got Snarl for 30% off too, which was great. I was originally put off by his stubby dino mode, but in hand he's a delightful little chonk.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Shiftypenguin posted:

Ugh. Those official photos of MP Ginrai really got me down. I was so lookong forward to it and I love that design but drat, did they do him dirty.

As was said above an effort was made...

On a better note, I found Studio Series Snarl at Target today while looking for the Neca Jack Kirby. Got Snarl for 30% off too, which was great. I was originally put off by his stubby dino mode, but in hand he's a delightful little chonk.

Entertainment earth FINALLY shipped my SS86 Snarl preorder yesterday.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

:oh:

This doesn't seem like an upgrade to Power Baser to me.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Looking at him, it's made me decide he's best as a chunky bot seen in past toy versions.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

Phy posted:

It's kind of weird how great Ginrai (just the cab section) looks in bot mode, though

I mean peep this friggin action figure

Yea this looks pretty good actually!

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
As someone who usually gives Takara's efforts the benefit of the doubt when many others queue up to hurl brickbats et al and froth themselves over nightmarishly over-engineered 3rd party efforts...

..that PM Prime is one shockingly poor pile of poo poo. Bollocks to them for making that cheap looking thing before doing Galvatron or any number of other characters people have been asking for literally ages.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWic4LpWDAo

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
https://youtu.be/K4Fvsgv0bYw?si=rJOdWFaEVLJzEaq1

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

So will Godbomber be like a $250 upgrade in like 2 years or something

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Maybe adding the blasters will make is look bette... Oh no...

https://bsky.app/profile/anora1.bsky.social/post/3kpqjhlv5dt2b

Oh, looks like Bluesky doesn't link like twitter does

Anora fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Apr 10, 2024

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Silhouette posted:

So will Godbomber be like a $250 upgrade in like 2 years or something

It's already been leaked on TFW that MPG-10 will be God Bomber, so I can't see it taking that long.

Of course it's entirely possible (and would be laughingly fitting) that God Bomber gets Victory Leo'd and just never happens if Super Ginrai absolutely tanks in sales.

Edit: stolen from TFW. RIP the MP line:

TaurusOxford fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Apr 10, 2024

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
GOON

also honestly it doesn't seem too bad if Ginrai is obtainable by itself. that part looks super good, it's the combined mode that doesn't look amazing. like I don't even hate it but I don't think it's worth even close to that much

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

:oh:

This doesn't seem like an upgrade to Power Baser to me.

I have to agree. And I think Power Baser looks like poo poo.

Save us, XTB.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

TaurusOxford posted:

Edit: stolen from TFW. RIP the MP line:

That's kind of a weird decision - according to the wiki:

quote:

The "G" stands for "GATTAI" (合体), "GIANT" (巨大化), and "GREAT" (グレート), "gattai" meaning "combine" in Japanese.

Which makes sense for the Trainbots and Ginrai's various modes, but does that mean they're only doing Masterpiece combiners and combiner-adjacent figures for the forseeable future? Or are they just ignoring the combining aspect of the name and doing whatever?

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
Did anyone here get that skyfire that came with the mini Optimus etc? I wanna see how cute they are.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Man I really love the new transformers comic. It's nice seeing all the different characters show up But it's a real monkey paw situation when you get to see the ones you wanted only to have then blown apart two pages later. and the new artist does a good job maintaining the style.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sk4yXeMNnDM

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Kingtheninja posted:

Man I really love the new transformers comic. It's nice seeing all the different characters show up But it's a real monkey paw situation when you get to see the ones you wanted only to have then blown apart two pages later. and the new artist does a good job maintaining the style.

I agree with the spoilered part. Also has Huffer ever had a shield thing before? I thought that was a Trailbreaker thing.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Kingtheninja posted:

Same. At the rate they’re going we’re going to run out of transformers.

So the big skeleton is Ultra Magnus? Based on Arcee’s flashback.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Fil5000 posted:

has Huffer ever had a shield thing before? I thought that was a Trailbreaker thing.

He had a thing as part of his War for Cybertron toy. It could combine with his gun to make kind of a pickup bed.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Kingtheninja posted:

The main brawl was so goddamn satisfying

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

SlothfulCobra posted:

He had a thing as part of his War for Cybertron toy. It could combine with his gun to make kind of a pickup bed.

Oh yeah, I have that guy, he's great. This was a domed energy shield thing, pretty remeniscent of old IDW Trailbreaker/cutter's thing. It doesn't matter or anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Woah, just saw that Pulse 40th event teaser and with the G1 theme all cleaned up and remastered, I never even noticed the women vocalists before. Our old telly's poxy mono speaker must have been even worse than I thought. The vocoder bit sounds well weird now though.