Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

lol I knew that, just blanked for some reason and thought url was the way. Ok tyvm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Lmao, I just discovered that the cooldown of Ukko's attack is actually shorter than the duration of the stun they cause when they hit you. I got stunlocked from full HP to death over like 5-10 seconds, because one suddenly.... jumped? Was thrown to? right next to me and immediately did 360 no-scope headshot. Probably the first time I am legit pissed about Noita death, because instead of instant death where you wonder wtf just happened it was a drawn out affair that really let me steam in the unfairness of the situation.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
stunlocks are the fuckin worst

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Some of the time you get tossed around a bit so there's some hope they'll either miss or get distracted. But getting dunked on by flying Ukko is a rite of passage.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!
In the first biome and found a pouch full of fungus, followed soon by a shallow pool of lively concoction. Got a tiny amount of it in a flask and knew I had to try to fungal shift it. Come on, game!

It turned into poison. :(

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I still have trauma from when I tried to fungal shift Polymorphine into something harmless and instead fungal shifted all water into Polymorphine. :v:

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!
New game, but this just looks like bait, to me. Am I Noita enough to manage it?

Semi-fake edit: *no, he was not.*

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k
Looks like the beta branch has now become the main branch.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

Hell yes, time to hunt all the new stuff. I'm vaguely disappointed it sounds like I can't 5-wand anymore when I'm in the early game, but to be fair that was a glitch and I should be a shamed for abusing it.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Red Minjo posted:

Looks like the beta branch has now become the main branch.
:toot:

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
Between the latest additions being "Cessation" and "Touch [of] Grass" I wonder if this means they're finally, finally done. :v:

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

Zamujasa posted:

Between the latest additions being "Cessation" and "Touch [of] Grass" I wonder if this means they're finally, finally done. :v:

I will never touch grass Hempuli, and I resent the implication that I should

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

This game terrifies me sometimes.

https://i.imgur.com/843KiTs.mp4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaNJNztOroY
Mind you I FOUND this wand - the only thing I took out was a "remove explosion" mod.

DarkDobe fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Apr 9, 2024

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

That is an absolute beauty, and would be great to see a chain spell or divide-by on it, along with all sorts of other insane stuff.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
Just watching that video is making my rear end in a top hat clench with fear, jesus christ

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
sane. safe. stable. secure. serene.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

What happens if you walk near a swapper mage. Do the beams automatically teleport with you or do you instantly cheese-grater yourself into atoms in the microsecond it takes them to adjust

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

The Protagonist posted:

sane. safe. stable. secure. serene.

hydrated. in your lane. whirring.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Angry Diplomat posted:

What happens if you walk near a swapper mage. Do the beams automatically teleport with you or do you instantly cheese-grater yourself into atoms in the microsecond it takes them to adjust

I've done this before -- made an even more insane version that used wide plasma beams. I was a glowing human buzzsaw, an angel surrounded by a glowing blue halo of death! It ignores swapper mages. The beams teleport with you!

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

DrSunshine posted:

I've done this before -- made an even more insane version that used wide plasma beams. I was a glowing human buzzsaw, an angel surrounded by a glowing blue halo of death! It ignores swapper mages. The beams teleport with you!

Holy poo poo. I know what I'm doing the next time I get my hands on some plasma spells.

e: I wonder if I could rig up a rapid-fire teleport wand with something like that... hmmmmmmmm

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Angry Diplomat posted:

Holy poo poo. I know what I'm doing the next time I get my hands on some plasma spells.

e: I wonder if I could rig up a rapid-fire teleport wand with something like that... hmmmmmmmm

Make sure to get something like longer or faster levitation. You'll be doing a lot of it, and the halo tends to chew through the entire world as you go, if you do stupid things like I do and keep the ring going constantly.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

You don't need much levitation if you have an infinitely sustainable rapidfire teleport wand! :v:

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Is there a list of what spells need to be 'unlocked' be it killing bosses or finding certain things and doing the insane quests?

I should go out of my way to collect all of the Orbs at some point, too - since afaik those give permanent unlocks?

I've only dabbled deep enough to 'beat' the game once, and kill the alchemist for a handful of his spells - none of which I've gotten much use out of.
I feel like there's still a ton of spells I've never seen and I know a bunch are tied to various quests I haven't even approached doing.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
all of the 11 regular orbs provide an unlockable spell the first time and +25 max health every time

the wiki has a list of unlockable spells, if you'd like to know them all

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

DarkDobe posted:

I feel like there's still a ton of spells I've never seen and I know a bunch are tied to various quests I haven't even approached doing.

Take a look at your progress screen to see how many spells you have never seen. Well, that you have never cast, at least.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

99.99999999999999999999999999999999999% of times I understand how I died and how it was my fault, but I just got killed by one of those rear end in a top hat fire dudes in the mines because apparently they can stand in polymorphine and NOT get polymorphed? :confused:

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

They should make a "trail of polymorphine" and "trail of chaotic polymorphine" spell modifier in order to compete with giga sawblades for maximum stupidity and chaos!

bagual
Oct 29, 2010

inconspicuous
After almost a year i started a new run and got always cast circle of healing wand, explosion immunity and always cast holy hand grenade wand by floor 2

i'm debating whether i just go to the boss and win or try the everything run, seed is 1008592591 if anyone's interested, 80-something hours in i never got anything remotely like this

this loving game, lol

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

If it was standing in purple polymorph and had a ? over it's head, it probably wasn't a fire dude to begin with.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Just fired up a quick run to check the update out. Several hours later I'm exploring the Watchtower and following its hidden map. gently caress this game is awesome.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

resistentialism posted:

If it was standing in purple polymorph and had a ? over it's head, it probably wasn't a fire dude to begin with.

No it was the fire dude, I spat some polymorphine at him and he turned into a sheep, but I got polymorphed too getting to him so I moved a distance away to be safe. He transformed back first and jumped out of the pool, I transformed back and moved towards him, he jumped back into the pool and I thought,"You just got got :sickos:" but then he just.. stood there unaffected and took a shot at me that killed me, then just continued to stand there in the polymorphine as I sadly realized that I was the one who had actually got gotten got :smith:

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

I discovered that the 'freeze liquid ' perk is great until you get splashed with toxic sludge that immediately freezes into a lethal ice crust.

I also just fungal shifted all poly into water... then all regular water into blood. This run is going to be messy.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

DarkDobe posted:

I discovered that the 'freeze liquid ' perk is great until you get splashed with toxic sludge that immediately freezes into a lethal ice crust.

I also just fungal shifted all poly into water... then all regular water into blood. This run is going to be messy.

Get the Vampirism perk and make regular visits to the Lake

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000
Last time I did Vampirism I just put chainsaws on everything & filled up every zone with blood

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

I very reliably get down to Hiisi Base, but am extremely prone to dying there or the jungle to Dumb poo poo like being slightly too close to propane tanks, or not respecting the terrifying DPS some enemies can put out against me.

Does Berserkium affect the explosion radius of world props, or only your spells? Ending myself with a bersker-buffed bomb was a one time affair, but some of the world props are terrifyingly strong if I haven't lucked into explosive immunity (*glares at the red tanks in the vault*)

DarkDobe fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Apr 10, 2024

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Ok, probably my dumbest death so far: trying to evaporate the water in the Dark Cave with Kiuaskivi and completely forgetting that smoke can also suffocate you.

Bonus point for it being a pretty good run that would probably end with beating the boss, considering I was proceeding extremely smoothly and returned to Mines from the Vault to explore some of the unvisited side-locations and just defeated the rear end in a top hat guarding the orb on the other side of lava lake just moments before. :v:

TURTLE SLUT
Dec 12, 2005

DarkDobe posted:

Does Berserkium affect the explosion radius of world props, or only your spells? Ending myself with a bersker-buffed bomb was a one time affair, but some of the world props are terrifyingly strong if I haven't lucked into explosive immunity (*glares at the red tanks in the vault*)
Just the explosion radius of the stuff cast by the thing affected by Berserkium.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

DarkDobe posted:

I very reliably get down to Hissi Base, but am extremely prone to dying there or the jungle to Dumb poo poo like being slightly too close to propane tanks, or not respecting the terrifying DPS some enemies can put out against me.

If I'm not explosion immune I'll usually skip most of Hissi base. Just go for the hourglass and anvil grabbing whatever I see on the way and spend more time in the jungle.

I've just died in Hissi too many times from either teleporting into a light fixture or being gibbed by a propane tank that you can only see a few pixels of buried in snow.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

uPen posted:

If I'm not explosion immune I'll usually skip most of Hissi base. Just go for the hourglass and anvil grabbing whatever I see on the way and spend more time in the jungle.

Is there a handy list of locations worth visiting during a regular run?
I didn't even know about the hourglass (or the hiisi shop) but I'm sure there are other places worth visiting along the way down the main path?

The only one I regularly aim for is the fungal caverns, for the better wands and item density - and tripping balls of course.

I also only just learned about how the 'formations' and heart/chest spawn locations work, so it's another thing I'm now being mindful of, especially in the first three floors.

DarkDobe fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Apr 10, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

DarkDobe posted:

Is there a handy list of locations worth visiting during a regular run?
I didn't even know about the hourglass (or the hiisi shop) but I'm sure there are other places worth visiting along the way down the main path?

The only one I regularly aim for is the fungal caverns, for the better wands and item density - and tripping balls of course.

Off the top of my head, and granted that I haven't played in awhile:

- Fungal caves to hopefully kickstart the run with some good wands/spells
- Hiisi shop, anvil if I brought the broken wand
- The Dragon if I think I can take it
- The Tower once I beat the boss

You can do more, e.g. try to get some orbs for more HP, but personally I never bothered to make those part of my regular route.