Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Three Olives posted:

Try more gum.

I don’t understand what this means either

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Civil
Apr 21, 2003

Do you see this? This means "Have a nice day".

I've put more in my old Prius

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I’ve put more in my old rear end

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

I drove one of the new stalk-less model 3s yesterday and jesus christ that was the worst experience, who in the hell thought it was even somewhat a good idea to replace convenient and static stalks that are foolproof with fiddly buttons that change position on you and sometimes you don't hit right so sometimes they don't activate and you have to look at them because you can't always tell by feel if you're even hitting it right.

Absolutely insane poo poo.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

Elviscat posted:

You can't use a Leaf for that, you need a real vehicle.

Love to have big loads really worked into my trunk.

bad_fmr
Nov 28, 2007

Tom Guycot posted:

I drove one of the new stalk-less model 3s yesterday and jesus christ that was the worst experience, who in the hell thought it was even somewhat a good idea to replace convenient and static stalks that are foolproof with fiddly buttons that change position on you and sometimes you don't hit right so sometimes they don't activate and you have to look at them because you can't always tell by feel if you're even hitting it right.

You cannot talk about that in this thread.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

ilkhan posted:

Does it come with NACS?

E: and in a single decent color?

I'll admit to really liking this green and bronze combo:

Also I'm a sucker for the stupid Rallye package.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Tom Guycot posted:

If Tesla is going to do the stalk less thing, they need to copy their homework better and give you big tactile buttons like the Ferrari 458 steering wheel.

Civil
Apr 21, 2003

Failson posted:

Any color that's not the usual white, silver, black, blue, or red is welcome in my eyes. Car colors are usually so loving boring.

raggedphoto
May 10, 2008

I'd like to shoot you
I really hope car companies start getting docked safety ratings when they do away with physical buttons and double so for something as stupid as "stalk-less." I know they are talking about it in the EU but I am not holding out hopes here in the US.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

raggedphoto posted:

I really hope car companies start getting docked safety ratings when they do away with physical buttons and double so for something as stupid as "stalk-less." I know they are talking about it in the EU but I am not holding out hopes here in the US.

I think NCAP has a set date they'll start penalizing cars for it. Tesla's been at the absolute top of the NCAP ratings for awhile, I wonder if we'll see a bunch of sick EUDM mods to put stalks in NA Teslas in a few years.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.
It remains to be seen whether the dumb buttons actually get penalized at all - they're still physical controls, just a poor implementation

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

Failson posted:

They added eruption green so yeah I'm interested again.

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker

Elviscat posted:

I think NCAP has a set date they'll start penalizing cars for it. Tesla's been at the absolute top of the NCAP ratings for awhile, I wonder if we'll see a bunch of sick EUDM mods to put stalks in NA Teslas in a few years.

I really hope the regulators/industry does punish moving the indicators to buttons on the wheel. The rule should be worded that controls for critical vehicle functions should be placed somewhere consistent within reach and in a fixed orientation regardless of steering angle.

This isn't like making the climate controls all on the touchscreen, I used to think it would be best to have a few climate dials/buttons so I could adjust them without looking, but at this point automatic climate controls combined with automatic seat heaters works so well I only find my self actually adjusting my climate settings maybe once every few months. Turn signals on the other hand I use extensively on EVERY DRIVE, and I highly doubt Tesla is going to figure out automatic turn signals when I drive without navigation 99% of the time. The shift/gear selector stalk I would be much less bothered by the removal of, but it is still the best way to control switching in and out of TACC/Autopilot when in motion.

What is the next thing they are going to remove? "Our telemetry shows people rarely or almost never use the brake pedal, so we decided to remove it and now our EPA range estimate is 3% higher because all vehicles only have regen braking, yay!"

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
My car has front and rear defog/defrost as physical buttons but the rest is on touchscreen and I don’t have any issues with that. It helps that the voice recognition is really good and I can tell it to set to a temperature or increase fan speed or even turn on or off the seat or wheel heating really easily.

Also being able to run the climate remotely via smartphone means I rarely have to defrost too, it rocks.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

What a wild world. I just bought a model Y LR using Apple Pay. Picking up this weekend 😁

Civil
Apr 21, 2003

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

What a wild world. I just bought a model Y LR using Apple Pay. Picking up this weekend 😁

I'd posted earlier about my neighbor's model Y. He probably bought it 2 months ago. It's a full $10,000 cheaper now.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Civil posted:

I'd posted earlier about my neighbor's model Y. He probably bought it 2 months ago. It's a full $10,000 cheaper now.

Wow, they knocked a whole Chevy Bolt off the price.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Civil posted:

I've put more in my old Prius

I’ve put more in Bird With Big Dicks old rear end.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Civil posted:

Yeah, mine was price adjusted down $5200, and another $7500 for the tax rebate. I paid 39. My buddy who also has a Y from 2 years ago paid $65k. Pretty crazy how far they've dropped.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Civil posted:

Any color that's not the usual white, silver, black, blue, or red is welcome in my eyes. Car colors are usually so loving boring.

The push for grey cars being the norm now is loving bullshit.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Just saw a cybertruck in person for the first time. Looks even better in person than it does in photos! Iconic!

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

bird with big dick posted:

Just saw a cybertruck in person for the first time. Looks even better in person than it does in photos! Iconic!

I'm not huge on the stock Cybertruck metal stadium urinal look, but there's a black-wrapped one that's been rolling around town and it looks real slick.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

We saw one irl last night and we just paused our conversation in disbelief/disgust.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

I’m waiting out for the Silverado EV. The allure of a 212 kWh battery is too much imo.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Silverado EV seems like the first truck I would get for truck stuff, if I did truck stuff.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
I like the Silverado EV much more than the Lightning, that’s for sure. Let’s see it get more in line price wise

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Elviscat posted:

You can't use a Leaf for that, you need a real vehicle.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
That's gonna be a no from me dog

biznatchio
Mar 31, 2001

Buglord
God the back end on the Celestiq looks so awful. But that aside, this particular vehicle has some other head-scratchers.

Why don't the doors match the body?

What the gently caress is going on with the charging door?

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

That trunk can fit 110% of the junk.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Elviscat posted:

That trunk can fit 110% of the junk.

which, to be fair, is in line with classic cadillac

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

THE BIG DOG DADDY posted:

That's gonna be a no from me dog

I'd buy that for a dollar!

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

It looks incomplete. Out for testing maybe?

bad_fmr
Nov 28, 2007

bird with big dick posted:

Did you give a thumbs up?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
If I'm not too late for the "cars that can haul more than the Cybertruck"-party, please accept this submission of my humble 2002 Opel Corsa C hauling fifteen (possibly 13, idk) 30l kegs for live viewing of the 2010 Eurocup

I may or may not have been a hint over my GVWR

It was also excellent for hauling poo poo for our monthly "eat healthy, here's some fruit"-stands at our university

I loved my dumb lil hatchback so much :smith:

/ninjaedit: I need to dig up the pics of the obscene amounts of stuff we haul with our i5 wagon and iX3 at work to make it more thread-relevant

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Apparently I'm part of the Leaf Gang on night shift.

I found out by getting added to a Teams channel with photos and videos of one dude's Leaf getting speared by a forklift.

RIP to a top spec 2014 with probably a cool 25 mile range at this point.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
I've posted in the car recommendation threat but did not get many responses.

Found a 2022 E-Transit sold by a dealership, never titled. It's been used internally as a loaner/transport vehicle.

What kind of incentives does it qualify for, if at all? Does the federal tax credit is still something I have to deal with myself at the end of the year? Does that even apply? Is there a list of qualifying vehicles, that I can cross reference?

The salesman is a bit clueless, as expected, so I don't trust anything they say until I can confirm on my own. They did show me, that ineligible vehicles do receive a $7,500 discount from Ford directly, but that may only apply to 2024

If I can claw away 7500 on top of the already low purchase price, this would make it a smoking deal.

Nitrox fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Apr 12, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

This is where as a true wagon owner I just point and laugh how embarrassing that CUV/SUV is, cant even take on bike without needing to take the wheel off.

Incel Camino is even worse. Just LMAO

Also just want to point out the Incel Camino idiot put a 20grand top of the line carbon bike in a potential way to break the frame with no padding, if they drove any distance the frame is hosed.