Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014

World War Mammories posted:

this was all in a goldmined thread, here's where he tried it
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4021673&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=8#post529063985

then on the next page willa figures out that leon edited her name out of his posts and the thread rockets into the stratosphere

lmao wtf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Lmao that was so loving funny. They had an underground hideout where they discussed the plan and like 80% of them were informants if I’m remembering right

Also they like to set up right wing militia types from time to time too, certainly there’s an ideological quality to it but more than that busting a terrorist plot if good for your career and there’s no easier plot to bust than one you set up in the first place, so if your stuck out in some remote field office without a lot of anarchkiddies the militia guys are the low hanging fruit

yeah lol. 12/15 were confirmed informants and some had major roles in planning the whole thing.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/jessicagarrison/fbi-informants-in-michigan-kidnap-plot
https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/kenbensinger/michigan-kidnapping-gretchen-whitmer-fbi-informant

Bill Brasky
Apr 13, 2008

Americans
The heat is on in Saigon
The girls are hotter 'n' hell
One of these slits here will be Miss Saigon
God, the tension is high, not to mention the smell

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Year of the Woman Running Mate

https://twitter.com/CornelWest/status/1778107522882187483

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Did cornel ever join a party or did he launch his own

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

World War Mammories posted:

this was all in a goldmined thread, here's where he tried it
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4021673&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=8#post529063985

then on the next page willa figures out that leon edited her name out of his posts and the thread rockets into the stratosphere

I somehow wasn't aware of this, but the best part is where Phone reveals that he had actually references Willa more times than Willa had referenced him, and had edited like 100+ posts.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

In Training posted:

Did cornel ever join a party or did he launch his own

hes running as independent as far as i know and jill stein as green and then finally we have the psl

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HallelujahLee posted:

hes running as independent as far as i know and jill stein as green and then finally we have the psl

PSL ftw.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/1778103528147366048

Here is a winning political argument lol

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

HallelujahLee posted:

oh wait, so then it's five tickets with female running mates so far.

tbd: trump & libertarian (unless libertarian goes with rfk).

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

lol you quoted weigel lol

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

mcmagic scouring big bad twitter to find every succer's take on cornel. :discourse:

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Willa Rogers posted:

oh wait, so then it's five tickets with female running mates so far.

tbd: trump & libertarian (unless libertarian goes with rfk).

the american people are tired of women

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
God cornel west sucks

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

I reckon the venn diagram of potential cornel voters (all 100 of them) & swiftees is non-touching circles anyway.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

HallelujahLee posted:

the american people are tired of women

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Willa Rogers posted:

mcmagic scouring big bad twitter to find every succer's take on cornel. :discourse:

weigal is a very good chapo guest. i find him entertaining. also her tweet was dumb and deserves to be made fun of.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

mcmagic posted:

I am dumb and deserve to be made fun of.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Dumping on swifties is just doing outreach to the maga crowd

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Another media boob tricked by the geniuses at the Daily Stormer.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Uncle Wemus posted:

Dumping on swifties is just doing outreach to everyone else

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

This is really the level of discourse you think is fun to post at as an elderly person?

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

owned again by a geezer

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Cornel West is just as if not more succ than weigel

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

mcmagic posted:

This is really the level of discourse you think is fun to post at as an elderly person?

y-y-yes?

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021
I've been off twitter for a grip but my impression of Weigel was always that he's in a weird middle ground between standard lib and podcast-left. like, he agrees enough with Chapo's positions to go on their show, but there's definitely points of disagreement between them if you're following him separately from his Chapo appearances

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

SixteenShells posted:

I've been off twitter for a grip but my impression of Weigel was always that he's in a weird middle ground between standard lib and podcast-left. like, he agrees enough with Chapo's positions to go on their show, but there's definitely points of disagreement between them if you're following him separately from his Chapo appearances

he's a reporter, who cares what his politics are anyway. he has a better understanding of what is going on in the leftish sphere than most mainstream reporters.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Weigel founded the conservative Northwestern Chronicle as a student there bc NU was too liberal for him.

If the democrat party weren't as succ & cringe as it is he'd be a republican.

edit: There you have it, the mcmagic seal of approval.

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021

mcmagic posted:

he's a reporter, who cares what his politics are anyway.

... why wouldn't i care what a reporter's politics are?

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

christ what an imbecile

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021
Yeah this person's profession is being the filter through which world events are synthesized, interpreted, and conveyed to the public. Let's ignore the ideologies that would shape their decision-making in that process.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

SixteenShells posted:

... why wouldn't i care what a reporter's politics are?

I’m somewhat in a minority on this but I actually prefer to know their politics because it helps me more easily spot their biases. Honestly the faux objective AP/NPR/NYT style is far more insidious imo

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

SixteenShells posted:

Yeah this person's profession is being the filter through which world events are synthesized, interpreted, and conveyed to the public. Let's ignore the ideologies that would shape their decision-making in that process.

Tell me how his politics affects the tweet i posted. It's completely irrelevant lol. West's running mate had a dumb tweet and he posted a screen shot of it.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Truga posted:

glenn's being a dumbass, journalists have always been activists with the big megaphones, the only difference is that anyone not an activist for the neoliberal status quo got forced out into obscurity

This isn't the case, it's just that the culture of the neoliberal status quo changed. So older supporters of the neoliberal status quo are being replaced by the hip newer supporters.

While that beginning is accurate, the article is dumb as hell later (where he complains about NPR being too sympathetic towards Palestinians instead of Israel, which is hilarious).

It seems like his core complaint isn't actually about journalistic integrity so much as "representing both partisan sides."

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

https://x.com/jacobin/status/1778120764073582605

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Weight did come from the Reason .com fartosphere but from what I've read of him from the past few election cycles he's never injected that into his reporting and it's been pretty useful at puncturing Dem sibboleths.

And at least he's not a political pundit guy who posts about hating Dems then spends 25 percent of his writing on the woke mob or whatever like a Glenn or some others posted here.

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021

mcmagic posted:

Tell me how his politics affects the tweet i posted. It's completely irrelevant lol. West's running mate had a dumb tweet and he posted a screen shot of it.

everyone makes dumb tweets. every tweet is dumb. microblogging social media exists for tweeting every dumb thing that pops into your head. so who is Weigel not screenshotting? why did Weigel think it was important for this one person's screenshot to be shared, and not plenty of other peoples' dumb posts? those are all questions which ideology and politics play a role.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

SixteenShells posted:

everyone makes dumb tweets. every tweet is dumb. microblogging social media exists for tweeting every dumb thing that pops into your head. so who is Weigel not screenshotting? why did Weigel think it was important for this one person's screenshot to be shared, and not plenty of other peoples' dumb posts? those are all questions which ideology and politics play a role.

this person is in the news today lol thats why, and she has some exceptionally silly takes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021

mcmagic posted:

this person is in the news today lol thats why, and she has some exceptionally silly takes.

so every politician who becomes the national main character gets a Weigel shoutout?

also like. just to be clear. I don't give a poo poo about Weigel or you quoting him. Post him here! sometimes he has good takes on stuff, sometimes he has bad takes. my specific objection is to you saying "why should I care about a reporter's politics". I think that's a really loving stupid thing to say even if I don't really care about Wiegel or that specific post.