Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Geno cant be far behind in terms of wins. I thought he already had the most honestly

Pretty sure it's Pat Summitt and I will not accept any evidence to the contrary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Geno cant be far behind in terms of wins. I thought he already had the most honestly

Geno’s 3 wins behind her and she had six seasons on him. Assuming he doesn’t decide to walk away this offseason he is 100% a lock to pass her

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Kentucky fans are tracking a private jet from Waco to Lexington. Most seem to want Hurley, but let's be real, he ain't leaving UConn. Donovan hasn't been a college coach in years and has never had to deal with NIL and the portal, so I was never sold on him actually being able to succeed. Nate Oats seemed to take himself off the table, and I don't know that Barnhart was high on him anyway with all the off the court gun stuff last year. Scott Drew may not he the flashiest hire, but it seems like he's been Barnhart's main target, and he built Baylor from nothing to a contender, so I'm willing to give him a shot with the resources Kentucky has. What's the worst that could happen, one tournament win over a four year stretch?

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
I think that would be a good hire but I hope it goes poorly

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
Bring in John Beilein.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

TheAlmightyFrog posted:

What's the worst that could happen,

You become a zone enjoyer

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Oh I'm very excited if Scott Drew goes to Kentucky. Make of that what you will.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

https://x.com/kysportsradio/status/1778119667384459695

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Man I want Kentucky to just suck poo poo for years, they are the worst.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

kdrudy posted:

Man I want Kentucky to just suck poo poo for years, they are the worst.

Yeah the primo outcome here is that they run Cal off and then his replacement immediately craters

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

Freaquency posted:

Yeah the primo outcome here is that they run Cal off and then his replacement immediately craters

especially if it’s Scott Drew and the same thing happens to his replacement

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I thought Scott Drew was getting a raise at Baylor?

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

elentar posted:

especially if it’s Scott Drew and the same thing happens to his replacement

:pray:

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I like how the tweet says "the Mexican restaurant in Waco", like there's just one Mexican restaurant in all of Waco and you know it's white as poo poo.

EDIT: On second thought speculating on Chris Beard going to Kentucky feels wrong.

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Apr 10, 2024

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Just gross.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Yeah that's where I'm leaning. Being exposed to Kentucky fans probably wouldn't help Beard's domestic problems.

In any case he apparently already turned down Arkansas before they hired Cal, so it sounds like he's staying put at Ole Miss.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Bumfuck, MS is probably the best place for him

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Probably Magic posted:

Oh I'm very excited if Scott Drew goes to Kentucky. Make of that what you will.

Very same. I hope it happens.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Soooo many Kentucky fans on Twitter are really really convinced they're gonna get Dan Hurley, and that any news to the contrary including Hurley himself saying he is staying put at UConn is a fake news deep state hoax.

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Apr 10, 2024

OPAONI
Jul 23, 2021

I. M. Gei posted:

Soooo many Kentucky fans on Twitter are really really convinced they're gonna get Dan Hurley, and that any news to the contrary including Hurley himself saying he is staying put at UConn is a fake news deep state hoax.

Dan is probably getting a money truck backed up to his place as we speak, why the gently caress would he leave?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

I. M. Gei posted:

He hasn't actually said no yet lol

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

OPAONI posted:

Dan is probably getting a money truck backed up to his place as we speak, why the gently caress would he leave?

it's an honor to coach for the Cayuts he should probably pay them to do it and run a fast paste offensive scheme go blue

Former Everything
Nov 28, 2007

Is this right?
As a Kentucky fan, I'm much more skeptical that UK is going to hire anyone that will satisfy the basketball bennies. The insanity of this fanbase w/r/t basketball is going to destroy anyone without a Cal-sized ego. And nobody with a Cal-sized ego is going to want to immediately follow Cal.

NIL is a significant issue at UK because UK sold its media rights to JMI Entertainment back in 2010 or so. Any business that might consider entering into an NIL deal has to pay $250,000 to JMI on top of the negotiated NIL to the player if the intent is to use any UK branding at all in the advertising. Outside of Morgan & Morgan, there aren't any local ads or businesses advertising with fball or bball kids because JMI is the logo landlord.

Ginger Beer Belly
Aug 18, 2010

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/IowaWBB/status/1778206062652350948

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/MattNorlander/status/1778436016207962443

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
i don't think Kentucky will have a Sidney Lowe hiring process (publicly rejected by multiple candidates of decreasing status before frantically reaching out to a former legend who's not even really qualified for the job) but it would be extremely funny if they did

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Bring Pitino home!

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Mike_V posted:

Bring Pitino home!

I would love this just to gently caress over st johns lol

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Someone tell me where BBN is with their next target that is already flying to Lexington

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Someone fake a plane from Baton Rouge to Kentucky please I want Twitter to break

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

Their sbnation site’s comments seem focused on Donovan, though some people still think Hurley is a possibility.

As a UConn fan I’m still a tiny bit nervous, but I feel like he’ll probably announce he’s staying at the victory parade on Saturday

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

kiimo posted:

Someone tell me where BBN is with their next target that is already flying to Lexington

They keep saying that the plane flew into LaGuardia to pick up Hurley. Feel like there's a better chance that it's Pitino since St. John's is like 12 miles away from LGA.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Kentucky should hire jim boylen

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

They should hire Gregg Marshall so I can concentrate my hate into one place

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Here's my thoughts on the coaching search: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I have no say it, but I'm going to pull for my team to win no matter who it is. Just please no Chris Beard. I don't care about violating NCAA rules because gently caress the NCAA pay the players, but gently caress domestic abusers more.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

https://twitter.com/MattNorlander/status/1778490489064349752

I need to see this extension finalized before I can stop worrying about Kentucky offering insane amounts of money that UConn obviously cannot come close to matching

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

At a certain point I have to imagine that being a rockstar at a program that has been killing it for the last 25 years outweighs another couple of million dollars

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Freaquency posted:

At a certain point I have to imagine that being a rockstar at a program that has been killing it for the last 25 years outweighs another couple of million dollars

Well, also this part:

https://twitter.com/John_Fanta/status/1778492347241685061
https://twitter.com/trillydonovan/status/1778494633678369124

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

They should start with trimming down their list to MAGA only nobody else wants to go to Lexington post pandemic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

So Drew is out, Hurley is out, Oats is out, Donovan is out, Pearl is probably out.

... who's left? Maybe Pitino if Arizona's AD is still a financial mess?