Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Mustang posted:

What is with people running around with 2 primary weapons and no special weapon? My friend I've played D2 with for years is constantly doing this and drives me insane. I end up being the only one using a special weapon so all the yellow bars essentially become my problem alone while he's running around using a strand auto rifle with his solar build.

He makes like 6 orbs and kills like a third of the amount of poo poo I kill. He'll talk about trying new builds but always resorts to just pointing a primary weapon and pulling the trigger, and not even having a siphon mod equipped to make orbs for the rest of us.

Frustrating because if we do any difficult 3 man content it always becomes a slog because he doesn't pull his weight at all.

It can be tempting to in pvp with the new changes now and in pve if you don't understand how class synergies, verbs, and champions really work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Hell, I say an exotic primary is just about all you need for Difficult PvE Content. It's easy pve content where a special ammo gun really speeds things up!

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Crimson carried me through a solid half of this game's life lmao

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Mustang posted:

What is with people running around with 2 primary weapons and no special weapon? My friend I've played D2 with for years is constantly doing this and drives me insane. I end up being the only one using a special weapon so all the yellow bars essentially become my problem alone while he's running around using a strand auto rifle with his solar build.

He makes like 6 orbs and kills like a third of the amount of poo poo I kill. He'll talk about trying new builds but always resorts to just pointing a primary weapon and pulling the trigger, and not even having a siphon mod equipped to make orbs for the rest of us.

Frustrating because if we do any difficult 3 man content it always becomes a slog because he doesn't pull his weight at all.

I’m trying to get the recluse sorry

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Mustang posted:

Does Onslaught have champions? Because if so, he's probably doing it because he doesn't understand buildcrafting and doesn't understand how you make a build to deal with champions while still running a special weapon.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

MJeff posted:

Does Onslaught have champions? Because if so, he's probably doing it because he doesn't understand buildcrafting and doesn't understand how you make a build to deal with champions while still running a special weapon.

It has all champions available

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
The answer is always "he's working on a Quest or Bounty"

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

had to mull over the reveal for a day but I think I'm still landing near the thread title and not rushing to preorder

I'm sure I'll pick it up for launch but I shared it with my group of former diehard destiny players and it got one comment

also

https://twitter.com/CatamyKX/status/1777763393782637041?t=BvqnkMtaNxRFlUrgXzRemA&s=19

meant to be funny but probably uncomfortably close to the truth

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
He totally understands champions, we've done content with champions for years, it just usually ends up being me that deals with them. We actually haven't done onslaught yet though.

He plays like its call of duty, and yeah definitely probably doesn't understand buildcrafting. I was looking at his armor mods and there were zero that synergize with eachother.

He doesn't use his power weapon much either.

Dies a lot on jump puzzles too.

Don't understand why he's so bad, he has hundreds of hours in the game.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Mustang posted:

He totally understands champions, we've done content with champions for years, it just usually ends up being me that deals with them. We actually haven't done onslaught yet though.

He plays like its call of duty, and yeah definitely probably doesn't understand buildcrafting. I was looking at his armor mods and there were zero that synergize with eachother.

He doesn't use his power weapon much either.

Dies a lot on jump puzzles too.

Sounds like he just sucks at the game dude

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Mustang posted:

New thread title spotted.

Also, it's called Laziness OP.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I feel like I was probably still poo poo at the game at 100 hours in, but then again D2Y1 was a hell of a time.

Going through Whisper again was fairly cathartic. I remember my first few times back in the day involved me being just total rear end at the jumping sections and just generally being kind of useless.

Nelson Mandingo posted:

New thread title spotted.

Also, it's called Laziness OP.

and yeah, I think there was a long time where I played the game a lot but just did not fully engage with buildcraft and etc. Just shoot guns I like and collect loot.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
If you dont force someone to learn how to deal with things like that (by, for example, always letting it be your problem and proceeding to solve the problem) and you also don't just say out loud "hey let me help you out/why aren't you doing this" then why would you expect it to change no matter how long they have in game

Just like be nice about it and show how it can make things more fun and either they do it and are better and both of you enjoy it more or they dont and you now know it will never change

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

BTW the patch notes said they put the verbs in and made it obvious that One Thousand Voices works with scorch and also it holds 11 instead of 7 shots, so that's nice

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

https://www.bungie.net/7/en/News/article/prismatic_deep_dive

Looks like you give up access to some super and ability variants if you choose Prismatic, ex. Hunter loses BB and Arcstaff.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”

fast cars loose anus posted:

If you dont force someone to learn how to deal with things like that (by, for example, always letting it be your problem and proceeding to solve the problem) and you also don't just say out loud "hey let me help you out/why aren't you doing this" then why would you expect it to change no matter how long they have in game

Just like be nice about it and show how it can make things more fun and either they do it and are better and both of you enjoy it more or they dont and you now know it will never change

He's one of my best friends and I do nicely talk to him about it, he just switches back to his poo poo builds soon after lmao

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

hiddenriverninja posted:

https://www.bungie.net/7/en/News/article/prismatic_deep_dive

Looks like you give up access to some super and ability variants if you choose Prismatic, ex. Hunter loses BB and Arcstaff.

Hopefully those aren't the only aspects available. I want my Banner of War lmao

e: Titans in general look half-baked there but Prismatic Warlock looks like it'll just be my Stasis Turret build on crack lol

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Apr 10, 2024

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

alright I guess it's time for a reinstall

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
They weren't going to let you make builds so utterly cracked that every other subclass becomes useless overnight, lol

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

quote:

These combatants have been bound by The Witness and are invulnerable to incoming damage otherwise.

stop doing this poo poo you loving bastards

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

haveblue posted:

They weren't going to let you make builds so utterly cracked that every other subclass becomes useless overnight, lol

Well, not again anyway

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005
When a man lies he murders some part of the world. These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives. All this I cannot bear to witness any longer. Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?

Yea as a Titan main I'm a little less hype than I was before because it looks kind of meh compared to what I already have. As a sometimes bleak watcher spammer though I'm down bad.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

oh come on was that really necessary
all over my fine carpet!!
it's like they designed prismatic hunter just for me, the universe's most special girl.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

haveblue posted:

Funny enough, yesterday they actually said this was their plan!

They just missed the mark because Warlocks are Wells and if the new subclass can't drop a Well then it's not gonna be the new hotness

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Desperate Bungie is the best Bungie. :allears:

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
this is entirely too much to have cooked up recently. I have a feeling that alot of stuff got pulled foward and now im curious how empty the quiver is immeditly after TFS

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

FlapYoJacks posted:

Desperate Bungie is the best Bungie. :allears:

The whole prismatic introduction is them in so many words saying “we hosed up really bad with Strand please don’t remind us about how we introduced Strand please don’t mention lightfall again”.

A full build on the first missions and not currency bullshit to unlock stuff. (It’ll probably still be class gated tho lol and some of it is already noted to be post campaign)

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Hmmm y'know, Prism actually seems very reasonably balanced. They were cautious in picking what Aspects and Abilities to put in the pot; not the weakest and not the strongest.

It seems designed around having a double-exotic ability class item in order to hit parity with the current subclasses.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

A full build on the first missions and not currency bullshit to unlock stuff. (It’ll probably still be class gated tho lol and some of it is already noted to be post campaign)

Article says explicitly that it is not class gated

quote:

Unlike our core damage types, Fragments in Prismatic are unlocked for all of your characters as soon as you acquire them. If you finish the campaign on your Hunter and want to start on your Titan, your Titan will have all the fragments you unlocked on your Hunter.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
There is 0% chance that Prism isn’t completely and utterly busted on day 0 necessitating several patches/straight up disabling large chunks of the class for months on end after release.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
It's going to be a beautiful mess :allears:

Or just a mess, I am not sure.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Is anyone planning on making a new thread for TFS? I’m going to try and put one together over the next couple weeks or so if someone else isn’t working on it.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Reddit breakdown of the Bungie thingy they did about the Prismatic class: https://old.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/1c0qk3s/dev_insights_prismatic_deep_dive/

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Mill Village posted:

Is anyone planning on making a new thread for TFS? I’m going to try and put one together over the next couple weeks or so if someone else isn’t working on it.

If you're going to do that, touch base with the serious overchill discord first (ask me how I know, lol)

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Mill Village posted:

Can you ban Gary from the next thread

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Mesadoram posted:

Reddit breakdown of the Bungie thingy they did about the Prismatic class: https://old.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/1c0qk3s/dev_insights_prismatic_deep_dive/

I think that's just the blog post but copy-pasted onto reddit?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
The breakdown is in the comments!

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Oxyclean posted:

Maybe, I am not sure tbh. I thought their Prismatic thing was a video. At work so I sadly can't really check :smith:

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Oxyclean posted:

Yep, a bot automatically reposts content from Bungie onto the DTG subreddit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Interesting. I wonder if they have any plans to keep adding aspects to Prismatic as time goes on.