Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

What about neck un-fusion surgery like Chiefs legend Justyn Ross

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

kiimo posted:

What about neck un-fusion surgery like Chiefs legend Justyn Ross

fusion creates energy, logically unfusion must take energy away so im gonna say thats bad

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Play posted:

I'm not judging whether it's right or wrong per se, just saying that it's a bit of a hot take simply based on what I've seen in the media where JPJ has tons of supporters. But you're right, and maybe I will start getting into IOL although it's not my favorite position to grade.

By the way, if anyone wants the Beast and doesn't have The Athletic I could probably put it up on google drive for y'all. Could also just post some sections if anyone wants to see about a specific player or positional rankings.

if you don't mind doing the google drive link id be down

also disagree on Verse just beating up young dudes, he was a JUCO transfer and was trying to win a title. FSU for all that they emphasized his role didnt teach him much in the way of technique so you'd expect him to make a decent jump just from having a good positional coach.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Id be down for a drive link too.

More and more I thunk Carolina is going to be trying to find a slot guy for high volume targets because that's where the value for them will be at the turn.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kS8YvQZtVmQsL97DuCWNXo5cE32M9uRY/view?usp=sharing

hopefully that works. also, I believe I removed the password protection but if that didn't happen for some reason it is: *TH3*B3A$T*2024*

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Diva Cupcake posted:

Awesome. And just FYI, you can open the PDF in Acrobat and just remove the password security without any master if you'd rather not have to keep track of it.

Tight

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Play posted:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kS8YvQZtVmQsL97DuCWNXo5cE32M9uRY/view?usp=sharing

hopefully that works. also, I believe I removed the password protection but if that didn't happen for some reason it is: *TH3*B3A$T*2024*

Thank you comrade

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Man Brugler has Renardo Green in the fourth when that guys got some of the best body control in the draft and blanked Nabers.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Play posted:

:patriot:

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I appreciate that every year the password is huge “gently caress IT is making me change it again what stupid bullshit can I use that I will remember but still complies with their dumb policy” energy

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

Play posted:

Byron Murphy is literally the only guy I think is clear first round quality between both edge and interior. I like Dallas Turner and think he has a lot of potential, but there's a lot of projection with him. Latu is decent but the neck injury as has been said is really tough. If there's a single injury I care most about it's neck and spine, followed I suppose by foot and very persistent soft tissue injuries.

I think Newton is a better prospect than Calijah Kancey was last year as a similar type DT. I like Newton a little better than Murphy, but for me they are very close and it's mostly just what a team needs at DT. Murphy is the only good DT in the class who can eat a double team apart from Sweat, which is a very valuable trait. Newton just wins quicker and cleaner than Murphy and I like his finish more. It's perfectly reasonable to have those flipped but they're both 1st rounders to me.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

So someone tell me why Washington should take Daniels over Maye because everything I see about Maye makes me think he's a better pick.

I thought the same thing about Stroud over Anthony Richardson and Richardson IMMEDIATELY got hurt. Am I crazy for comparing these guys

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

This is fun to play with.
https://twitter.com/SethWalder/status/1778418475058200711

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

kiimo posted:

So someone tell me why Washington should take Daniels over Maye because everything I see about Maye makes me think he's a better pick.

I thought the same thing about Stroud over Anthony Richardson and Richardson IMMEDIATELY got hurt. Am I crazy for comparing these guys

Richardson and Daniels are almost nothing alike as Qurterback prospects. They can both run fast. That’s the most compelling similarity.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

kiimo posted:

They shouldn't, but they might anyways because Daniels has traits that can help them win in the immediate future: speed, good deep ball, and doesn't turn the ball over.

If I had to put money on it whoever drafts Daniels will have moved on or will look to move on by year 6. We'll see.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Richardson and Daniels are almost nothing alike as Qurterback prospects. They can both run fast. That’s the most compelling similarity.

You forgot the one similarity, the very one I was alluding to...they gonna get broken physically

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Richardson, with the frame of an Olympus god, was always injured.

Daniels, with the frame of a tall chronically-online leftist nerd, was resilient and true.

Let this be a cautionary tale to vain fools chasing gains…

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Jayden Daniels gets hit in college and looks like a GI Joe that’s rubberband just broke, he’s going to burst into a cloud of dust like the end of Avengers Infinity War when NFL dudes get to him

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
People freaked out about Bryce Young taking NFL hits and his body held up for his rookie season despite eating 200 sacks. Predicting injuries is a fool’s errand if you say anything more specific than “running QB is more likely to get hurt”

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Bryce Young doesn’t have enough mass to get injured, you bop him like a balloon and he just settles back down to Earth

e: I’m not seriously predicting injuries, just lol’ing at Daniels’ pratfall-level hits he takes

Play
Apr 25, 2006

kiimo posted:

To put it in extremely simple terms because I've probably expended enough words on these guys already: Daniels has the higher floor, by a lot. He's faster and more athletic, has much more developed and repeatable mechanics, more consistent accuracy, etc. Maye has more immediate bust potential because a lot of what he is is based around projection, but probably has the most upside just based on his arm strength, youth, and overall profile. He has Josh Allen / Justin Herbert upside.

Basically to me Daniels is probably the safer pick, with Maye being a pick that either earns you a great reputation as a front office or gets you fired.

Personally I tend to think that Washington will take Maye despite most mocks seeming to have them go Daniels.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Play posted:

To put it in extremely simple terms because I've probably expended enough words on these guys already: Daniels has the higher floor, by a lot. He's faster and more athletic, has much more developed and repeatable mechanics, more consistent accuracy, etc. Maye has more immediate bust potential because a lot of what he is is based around projection, but probably has the most upside just based on his arm strength, youth, and overall profile. He has Josh Allen / Justin Herbert upside.

Basically to me Daniels is probably the safer pick, with Maye being a pick that either earns you a great reputation as a front office or gets you fired.

Personally I tend to think that Washington will take Maye despite most mocks seeming to have them go Daniels.

gonna use this when I pick Maye for Washington in my buddy's draft podcast.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Play posted:

Maye has more immediate bust potential because a lot of what he is is based around projection, but probably has the most upside just based on his arm strength, youth, and overall profile. He has Josh Allen / Justin Herbert upside.

He scored 45 TDs two seasons ago (38 pass, 7 rush) and 33 last season (24 pass, 9 rush).

It's not just traits and projection, there's production there too.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Cash Monet posted:

He scored 45 TDs two seasons ago (38 pass, 7 rush) and 33 last season (24 pass, 9 rush).

It's not just traits and projection, there's production there too.

For sure, didn't mean to suggest that there isn't. It's not by any means even mostly projection. But I still would contend that Daniels, with his ability on the ground which will play in the NFL, better overall accuracy and ball placement, and mechanics that look the same every time is the safer floor pick. He also had 50 total touchdowns and only 4 INTs last year, so a pretty much impeccable statline there for him if you like stats.

Maye has good stats but when you watch him miss a receiver by five yards multiple times per game, wander directly into pressure for no reason, and fail to normalize his feet and throwing motion, you can see the concerns people have with him. That kind of errancy will be punished much more often in the NFL, and Daniels is obviously better in those categories.

That being said I've gotten more and more convinced by Maye as time goes on. The youth is huge for me, the arm talent, the size, the athleticism, the production with questionable talent around him. If he develops properly he's the kind of prospect that could take you all the way. That's why I think Washington WILL go with Drake Maye.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I’ll say this about Maye. He looks like a child. I appreciate that trait, bigly, after experiencing it with Herbie.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Ornery and Hornery posted:

I’ll say this about Maye. He looks like a child. I appreciate that trait, bigly, after experiencing it with Herbie.

Ross' avatar makes me smile every time

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Docjowles posted:

Ross' avatar makes me smile every time

Just for you :)

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

If it was like, anybody but Washington I think they'd take Daniels but even though the entire franchise is different people the stank of RG3 has to still hang over that franchise

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Im really firming to the idea of Guerendo in the 4th if he's still there and Jalen Coker out of Holy Cross with a late round flyer to see if he can be something.

Watching Guerendo just cut and burn even if he doesn't have crazy lateral shift with his frame. He just reminded me a little of Clinton Portis.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
Does it matter that not only are Daniels's stats better than Maye's, but Daniels was getting his numbers while playing in the SEC (plus Florida State) while Maye was getting his numbers while playing an ACC schedule? UNC was 71st in strength of schedule last year and only played 2 teams ranked in the top 25 (and none in the top 20). People seem to knock Daniels for having better wide receivers, but don't say anything about Maye facing slower defenses.

Or is that just not significant?

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I mean, it matters, but it also matters that Maye is a couple of years younger than Daniels and playing with significantly worse surrounding talent.

In general you're never gonna be able to do a 1:1 comparison of college stats because everyone's playing in such different environments, and stats aren't necessarily going to carry a ton of weight in a scouting context because you can produce on the college level in a way that isn't really replicable in the NFL. (Or, alternatively, you can be unproductive on the college level for reasons related to scheme/team quality/etc. and yet still have traits/skills that could allow you to succeed as a pro)

xbilkis fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Apr 12, 2024

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
No college stats matter whatsoever

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Doltos posted:

No college stats matter whatsoever

Yup.

You can get amazing college stats through terrible process, that will gently caress you over in the league.

Look at Traits and process.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Apr 12, 2024

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

big fan of college stats, but counting stats are ignorable.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Josh Allen had terrible college numbers

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Nodoze posted:

Josh Allen had terrible college numbers

Josh Allen should be treated as an anomaly. Nobody who watched him in college saw that coming.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
College stats don't matter because teams rarely play equal competition both in starters and in rotational players. Gimmick offenses and defenses rule the NCAA which are even further inflated by the athleticism disparity. NFL offenses and defenses have to gameplan and counter each other, NCAA offenses and defenses just show up and dare the other team to stop them. Players are undersized, underdeveloped, and splitting their focus on education despite what the stereotypes say. There's limitations on practice, training quality, and facilities. Juggernaut NCAA teams win on rotating in high quality recruits just as much as they do with having superior starters. Offensive lines and defensive lines are almost completely devoid of talent across the board. It takes incredible skill to be able to move like a NFL OT and those that can are rare, let alone having two of them on a line. Speed and strength win so often it's sometimes hard to discern if there's even talent there, or the potential for talent.

Numbers can give a hint at playstyle but they hardly confirm what the player is actually capable of or might become capable of. That's why I pretty much only look at athleticism, and if the athleticism has skill tacked on then that's even better.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot

Sataere posted:

Josh Allen should be treated as an anomaly. Nobody who watched him in college saw that coming.

Josh Allen and Jordan Love are Mountain West Prodigal Sons.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Mac Jones last season in college: 77.4% completion %, 4500 yards, 41 TD's, 4 Ints

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot
I want Joe Milton on my Packers so we can feed him the QB Secret Sauce.