Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Beer bottle glass is pretty hard to break, how the hell did she smash it so quick

Like, I'd say you're almost always better off smacking someone with the bottle than trying (and failing) to break the glass on something

No idea, I didn't see it happen. But the bar, and most of the furnishings were hard tile, steel, and brick. I imagine she smashed it on the corner of something but I don't know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

isaboo posted:

No idea, I didn't see it happen. But the bar, and most of the furnishings were hard tile, steel, and brick. I imagine she smashed it on the corner of something but I don't know.

For the record, I sat and watched one of the greatest bar fights of all time. It was in 2004 in a BBQ place on Queensberry Street in Boston, not far from Fenway.

I never raised a hand as I watched this whole bar descend into fighting madness.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
In my experience, from best to worst bars to bounce at are

dance halls > sports bars > biker joints > redneck bars / roadhouses > strip clubs > college bars > (I guess BBQ places in Boston??)

college kids are the worst

to clarify, I mean the frequency of dumb poo poo that happens that requires intervention. violence wise... hmm. probably redneck bars.

isaboo fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Apr 10, 2024

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

isaboo posted:

In my experience, from best to worst bars to bounce at are

dance halls > sports bars > biker joints > redneck bars / roadhouses > strip clubs > college bars > (I guess BBQ places in Boston??)

Freakin nerd dance bar in Beacon Hill!

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
Everyone should keep in mind if you're healing a bruised tailbone you can't run for poo poo.

So don't instigate anything if you have a bruised tailbone unless you're really ready to throw down.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

So, here's a free protip: When I consider my first move in a fight, its always a form of block

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
Your first move should be to try and escape.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Your first move should be to try and escape.

Indeed.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

redshirt posted:

So, here's a free protip: When I consider my first move in a fight, its always a form of block

Nah.

Hit, Grab, Twist, Slam, Stomp

Hit as the first action, Grab the head, Twist it, Slam it to the ground, Stomp on it. Easy peasy.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind! If you want to test me, I'm sure you'll find, the things I teach ya, I'm sure to beat ya! but nevertheless you'll get a lesson from teacher!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

isaboo posted:

Nah.

Hit, Grab, Twist, Slam, Stomp

Hit as the first action, Grab the head, Twist it, Slam it to the ground, Stomp on it. Easy peasy.

In a random fight encounter?

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Smugworth posted:

MrQwerty vs Redshirt

My money is on Qwerty personally

Gene vs Redshirt is more age-appropriate, I'm only pushing 40 and I've never bbeen a moderator

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

MrQwerty posted:

Gene vs Redshirt is more age-appropriate, I'm only pushing 40

Gene's like a 150 years old, I would never fight him.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

redshirt posted:

Gene's like a 150 years old, I would never fight him.

You can fight me instead.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Biggest thing I ever fought bare handed was a moose, I wouldn't recommend it.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

redshirt posted:

In a random fight encounter?

My tongue is only slightly in cheek, but yeah. There's nuance to each part and like I've said before it depends on the situation, but that little mantra has served me well. Where the head goes, the body will follow.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Grey Cat posted:

No sorry, you're too cool.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

isaboo posted:

My tongue is only slightly in cheek, but yeah. There's nuance to each part and like I've said before it depends on the situation, but that little mantra has served me well. Where the head goes, the body will follow.

I want to fight you of course, but just for sport. But not a sparring thing, like real world. BUT at the same time you're too cool, I'm conflicted....

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)
Lol all that saved me from the ground was dudes disbelief that I wasn't reacting to getting punched in the face and his vanity over his Ross clearance rack poo poo getting torn off him from the neck down by someone he just gave a black eye to, I have Ehlers-Danlos and would prefer to go longer than 20 years between fights (forever if possible).

I heard through the grapevine he was pretty shook that I didn't go down with the first hit because that's his move.

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Apr 10, 2024

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Grey Cat posted:

I won't fight you but we can wrestle:wink:

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

redshirt posted:

I want to fight you of course, but just for sport. But not a sparring thing, like real world. BUT at the same time you're too cool, I'm conflicted....

I would say you could fight my son, but then I realized you and I are the same age and he's early 20s. He's training (with me) for his second pro muay Thai fight. Just like I did at his age, he tried boxing first then decided muay Thai is way more fun. I told him he's crazy to do what I did, but he's all in.

My wife said she'd fight you but that little woman is crazy as hell, exceptionally talented, and just plain mean in the ring.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

isaboo posted:

I would say you could fight my son, but then I realized you and I are the same age and he's early 20s. He's training (with me) for his second pro muay Thai fight. Just like I did at his age, he tried boxing first then decided muay Thai is way more fun. I told him he's crazy to do what I did, but he's all in.

My wife said she'd fight you but that little woman is crazy as hell, exceptionally talented, and just plain mean in the ring.

lol your son would kick my rear end old man and I'm afraid of your wife.

FACE ME!!!!!!

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

redshirt posted:

No sorry, you're too cool.

Foiled again by my posting yet again. :sigh:

wesleywillis posted:

I won't fight you but we can wrestle:wink:

Alright let me just slip into something... more comfortable. ;)

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Oh hell yeah!! Just the way I likes it!!

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

wesleywillis posted:

Oh hell yeah!! Just the way I likes it!!

Do you integrate forklifts into your fighting style

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
i have in the past when it was necessary

i would today if it was necessary

i'd rather not, on principle

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I'm too pretty to fight

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Smugworth posted:

I'm too pretty to fight

One little dab on the chin and you'll fold up like a venus flytrap.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

redshirt posted:

lol your son would kick my rear end old man and I'm afraid of your wife.

FACE ME!!!!!!

I'm so beat up and broken with old injuries, I don't wanna fight anyone. I sometimes travel and coach fighters and I still attend seminars given by teachers I know - mostly Silat. The small school I had closed when Covid happened. I don't teach law enforcement anymore, either. Teaching a few folks and training my son are good enough for me.

I guess the last fight I was in was over a year ago. My youngest kids are black (they're adopted) and my racist neighbor called them the n-word for cutting across a tiny piece of his property while they were walking home. I went over to confront him and he threw racial slurs at me so I dropped him with a shot to the liver. His wife came outside, screaming on the phone to the cops that I was trying to kill her husband.

I drove to the sheriff's office and said, yeah, I hit his redneck rear end and I'd do it again. I said I'd gladly spend the night in jail to calm things down so I did. I'm on good terms with the authorities, and the neighbor was not, so it turned out ok. He's really lucky my wife wasn't the one to go over there that day, he would've taken more than one punch, that's for sure.

The same shitbag neighbor's dog had bit one of my older kids earlier that year, and my wife shot the dog when it again came onto our property acting aggressive. We had a bunch of other problems with him too but he sold his farm and moved so now there's peace in the valley.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

isaboo posted:

I'm so beat up and broken with old injuries, I don't wanna fight anyone. I sometimes travel and coach fighters and I still attend seminars given by teachers I know - mostly Silat. The small school I had closed when Covid happened. I don't teach law enforcement anymore, either. Teaching a few folks and training my son are good enough for me.

I guess the last fight I was in was over a year ago. My youngest kids are black (they're adopted) and my racist neighbor called them the n-word for cutting across a tiny piece of his property while they were walking home. I went over to confront him and he threw racial slurs at me so I dropped him with a shot to the liver. His wife came outside, screaming on the phone to the cops that I was trying to kill her husband.

I drove to the sheriff's office and said, yeah, I hit his redneck rear end and I'd do it again. I said I'd gladly spend the night in jail to calm things down so I did. I'm on good terms with the authorities, and the neighbor was not, so it turned out ok. He's really lucky my wife wasn't the one to go over there that day, he would've taken more than one punch, that's for sure.

The same shitbag neighbor's dog had bit one of my older kids earlier that year, and my wife shot the dog when it again came onto our property acting aggressive. We had a bunch of other problems with him too but he sold his farm and moved so now there's peace in the valley.

Sorry that you have that conflict in your life.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

MrQwerty posted:

Do you integrate forklifts into your fighting style

No. That would be cheating. I do have a move called the goatman though.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Fisticuffs leads to fisting I always say.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I will wade into your bar fight with a left block and then a quick jab at your neck to incapacitate you as I move on to the next throat punch target....

Brainworm
Mar 23, 2007

...one of these--
As he hath spices of them all, not all,
For I dare so far free him--made him fear'd...
Nap Ghost

redshirt posted:

If push comes to shove and the poo poo is on the line, can you fight?

I wrestled in college, so I can fight but it will look like two virgins tryina hump.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Fighting someone who has a forklift certification is just pure folly. You know that’s one tough hombre.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Brainworm posted:

I wrestled in college, so I can fight but it will look like two virgins tryina hump.

Finally, a wrestler. And you did it in college so you're the real deal.

Did you entertain any thoughts of trying to make the Olympics?

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Fighting someone who has a forklift certification is just pure folly. You know that’s one tough hombre.

Especially if they're wearing a forklift themed shirt.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

I did security for a dildo shop and once chased someone down who tried to shoplift a dong.

Guy threw the dong at me and I caught it and continue to chase him till eventual arrest.

Cops were roaring laughing while I explained the book as a couple 911 calls came in for the area about someone chasing a person with a dildo in one hand and handcuffs in the other.

And no. That is not irony or a joke. My wife hates when that story comes up somehow in polite conversation

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

she doesn’t hate the story, she’s just embarrassed when you end with “anyway, that’s how we met.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

That's your and hers role play game.

She pretends to steal the dildo, you chase her and catch her and then be all like "oh you wanted this dildo real bad huh?? Well now you're going to get it."