Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

FMguru posted:

Age-gap creep faces righteous mom anger.

AITAH for exposing my bestfriend's boyfriend to his own mom because he's a chronic cheater? And now his family hates him

"I genuinely hate him and want him to suffer" - OP was not playing around (and good for her).

He ruined his own life by loving high schoolers. Only mistake OP made was not going full scorched earth to put his rear end in jail & on the sex offender registry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
My overtly coming on to you was a joke!! Unless...?

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Men be so brazen without bringing anything to the table.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Partner left me put of poker night.

quote:

29f partner is 30m. So after a friend's party he said he was gonna host pokers night at our house which is something I have been pushing for so we can be more social. I cleaned the entire house got everything ready. Also, I do know how to play poker total noive, but it's not like they are great players or anything. I wasn't invited by own husband.

I have been segregated to the bedroom, was told I can come out and meet the guys and one girl later. Just staring at these walls, listening to them laugh and play. I haven't eaten anything or drunk anything since they've come, cuz now I just feel so awkward to leave and make small talk with ppl who didn't even care that I was just 'imprisoned'. While they're happy Ive been crying for 5 hours.

Husband did come in and ask what happened when he saw my face, but I can't just say that you've isolated and made me uncomfortable in my own house.

TL;DR Husband making me feel like a second class citizen in my own house.

quote:

Did he actually tell you that you aren’t invited and that you have to stay in the bedroom or did you just assume that?

quote:

He made a comment saying so you'll be chilling in the bedroom right?

quote:

And what did you say to that?

quote:

Nothing. I got sad.

Five hours

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Jellyfish have more spine than so many of these people.

Also another detail of poker night OP -

quote:

I have bpd so I do understand what is extreme thinking and what is not. Anyways I'll be bringing this up with my therapist today.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

My Spirit Otter posted:

no but they are a burden on tax-payer funded healthcare systems, because it turns out you are not healthy at any size

:lmao: "People are so mean to me for smoking! We all know who the real enemy is, though- those loving FATTIES :argh:"

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Danaru posted:

Partner left me put of poker night.

Five hours

Clear communication isn't this op's strong suit

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

:lmao: "People are so mean to me for smoking! We all know who the real enemy is, though- those loving FATTIES :argh:"

im not a smoker, though. but, both smokers and fatties suck, w/r/t high medical costs.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Deified Data posted:

Clear communication isn't this op's strong suit

It is an increasingly rare thing these days and a lot of people seem to actively resist the very idea. "Clearly state my intentions and/or desires? Why would I do that?"

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Malachite_Dragon posted:

It is an increasingly rare thing these days and a lot of people seem to actively resist the very idea. "Clearly state my intentions and/or desires? Why would I do that?"

Nobody on social media does so why should I?

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

My Spirit Otter posted:

im not a smoker, though. but, both smokers and fatties suck, w/r/t high medical costs.

Who gives a poo poo what people cost more or less to treat? Why are you doing free work for the lovely capitalists who want to reduce us all to line items on a budget, by agreeing with them and spreading their bullshit memetically? Do you get kickbacks from insurance companies if people cost less to treat or something?

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Arsenic Lupin posted:

AITA For prioritizing a friend over my pregnant wife

:murder:

Oof. I'm on the husband's side here though. She doesn't have other kids to take care of, she can leave the chores or whatever for him. His friend just lost his fiance, which has caused more than one man to implode and kill themselves. He hasn't even had the funeral yet. Yikes. Her lack of compassion is gonna kill the relationship.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Scathach posted:

Oof. I'm on the husband's side here though. She doesn't have other kids to take care of, she can leave the chores or whatever for him. His friend just lost his fiance, which has caused more than one man to implode and kill themselves. He hasn't even had the funeral yet. Yikes. Her lack of compassion is gonna kill the relationship.

She's on near full bedrest at 7 months, that's not normal at all. She's probably afraid she's going to die and her husband's leaving overnight to help a guy who has family living with him right now to watch and take care of him. She has an elderly aunt that he sends over to check "sometimes" and nothing else.

This is info from replies, of course. He didn't mention in the post that his friend has family living with him to support him right now and she has nothing else.

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

My pronouns are She/Heir.

My Spirit Otter posted:

"I'd rather support the abusive health insurance industry and its billionaires than admit that fatties are people" - this twat

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Scathach posted:

By the way, he says the friend can't come over because he has dogs, which his wife is afraid of. And I guess the friend can't have that family currently living with him take care of those dogs.

He just really doesn't want to do anything to take care of this problem that inconveniences anyone but his wife.

carrionman
Oct 30, 2010

RocketMermaid posted:

"I'd rather support the abusive health insurance industry and its billionaires than admit that fatties are people" - this twat

Several of my inlaws are needing knee replacements, a couple are pre diabetic, directly caused by being obese for a couple of decades.

Happy at every size is admirable, healthy at every size is complete bullshit.

Again, i want to be very clear: obese people are people. However they will not be people for as long, with as high a quality of life, as people who are not.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

StrangersInTheNight posted:

Who gives a poo poo what people cost more or less to treat? Why are you doing free work for the lovely capitalists who want to reduce us all to line items on a budget, by agreeing with them and spreading their bullshit memetically? Do you get kickbacks from insurance companies if people cost less to treat or something?

lol i live in a real country with free healthcare, the obese are a burden because you have to spend money that could be used on upgrading surgical rooms, or equipment, or raises for doctors and nurses, or the money to hire more doctors and nurses on bariatric everything and replacing nurse's and orderly's knees and backs.

RocketMermaid posted:

no, fat people are people, just more often than not people with no self control

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

carrionman posted:

Several of my inlaws are needing knee replacements, a couple are pre diabetic, directly caused by being obese for a couple of decades.

Happy at every size is admirable, healthy at every size is complete bullshit.

Again, i want to be very clear: obese people are people. However they will not be people for as long, with as high a quality of life, as people who are not.

No one here is saying that 'healthy at every size' is a thing, though. We're mocking the idea that fat people are on the same level as smokers. They don't increase the chances of people around them gaining weight via Second-Hand Fat.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Politicians are the real biggest threat to the healthcare system but we didn't ban them in the 90s!

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

I really appreciate how Corky will rain 6ers if someone so much as suggests using the hard C in the thread but is completely silent about posters acting like fat people are subhuman.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

My Spirit Otter posted:

lol i live in a real country with free healthcare

I hope you opted out of it because you really sound like you prefer the US system

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

You put an obese person in a room with other people, and they'll likely sit and mind their business.
You put a smoker in a room with other people, and that smoke is everyone's business, whether they want it to be or not.

They are not even remotely the same and trying to claim the big people are the worse ones is dumb.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 26 days!
I miss when we talked about milk

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

I miss when we talked about milk

Too much milk makes people obese and must therefore be banned for the sake of our healthcare dollars, along with all other food.

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.
There’s so much more obesity these days. It sucks how large portions (no pun intended) of the population - millions and millions of people - independently decided to become absolute fatty tatties due to their own lack of willpower and love of Doritos, and certainly not due to common environmental and socioeconomic factors

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

My Spirit Otter posted:

lol i live in a real country with free healthcare, the obese are a burden because you have to spend money that could be used on upgrading surgical rooms, or equipment, or raises for doctors and nurses, or the money to hire more doctors and nurses on bariatric everything and replacing nurse's and orderly's knees and backs.

the money exists for all of these things and the only ones keeping it from happening are the politicians, not the fat people. it's only a zero sum game in your head because you've been so successfully trained to think that way by those very same people. it's almost like...you thinking that way benefits them! amazing how that works.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

My Spirit Otter posted:

no, fat people are people, just more often than not people with no self control

What about people with genetic issues or can’t afford anything but cheap food that also makes you fat

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Midnight Voyager posted:

She's on near full bedrest at 7 months, that's not normal at all. She's probably afraid she's going to die and her husband's leaving overnight to help a guy who has family living with him right now to watch and take care of him. She has an elderly aunt that he sends over to check "sometimes" and nothing else.

This is info from replies, of course. He didn't mention in the post that his friend has family living with him to support him right now and she has nothing else.

What a loving buried lede. Okay gently caress that guy.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I (32m) told my partner (35m) that he does not trust my work nor respect it and haven't been able to talk to him since.

quote:

I (32m) and partner (35m) have been together for 14 years.

Partner decided start a business where he makes custom plushies, bags etc.. he started doing markets and things are finally picking up. I suggested that we need small items that are cheap that we can sell fast and draw in customers for the bigger items.

After a discussing we decided on buying stickers from a local artist and supplier. he dealt with them from the start I have never had any communication with them. The artist sends us a catalogue and we go through it decide on quantities and sizing.

I have worked in accounting all my adult life, and I know with items like these making a official purchase order so that everybody is on the same page is preferential so I asked him and he said go for it. so as we go through it I add the item name quantity and price. Some of the lines are sets and read set name one of each total order so for example if the set has 4 item in it and we want to sets so I put total quantity as 8 with price for 8 total stickers in the line. at the end of the document I state that we want X amount of individual items with the total price.

In the meantime he was discussing with this artist to sell a bunch of his products to them. I create a invoice for him and he sends it to the artist, and the difference between what he is buying and they are buying should be paid to us. the artist sends us a proof of payment and its less than my calculations of what the original invoice was less shipping and our order. I tell him that that amount does not make sense, because the amount deducted is about double of my calculation.

at this point he is scrambling and I ask him to show me the purchase order he sent to the artist and pulls up a cropped screenshot of only the list of items and quantities. I know what happened the artist interpreted the set lines as 4 items in set 8 so its 32 items instead of 8. At this point its not even about money.

I asked him why did he not just send the document I prepared, because the day we placed the he asked me why I prepared it in that way it why it was important. I explained it all to him that everybody is on the same page and it eliminate confusion. he said he didn't want to come off as arrogantly to send them the prices back. I asked him why he couldn't just trust me and my work. He said that I want to take over his business. I told him be is being ridiculous that in no way shape or form I can ever do what he does. I told him he as no respect for what I do but my money is good enough to fund his business. From there it escalated into a huge fight, and he said some extremely hurtful stuff from all the way back when we started dating.

I'm sitting here, stewing over it. but I cant just seem to be able to find the words to talk to him so I have been silent the whole day (very mature I know). any advice would be appreciated.

TL;DR I told my partner that he does not respect my work and I cant seem to get over the hurt feelings after we had a fight

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

Danaru posted:

I (32m) told my partner (35m) that he does not trust my work nor respect it and haven't been able to talk to him since.

Mmmm, delicious hand that feeds once again!

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

With regard to the thread title: does anyone know what evil clown credentials are like? Are there evil clown colleges, or do you study regular clowning then do a masters in evil?

mystes
May 31, 2006

Danaru posted:

The partner is being dumb but reading between the lines I think it's because he's feeling insecure that the OP is the only one bringing in any money and so by OP jumping in and telling him what to do the partner feels like it's undermining the business he's trying to start to change that being his thing

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

The Lone Badger posted:

With regard to the thread title: does anyone know what evil clown credentials are like? Are there evil clown colleges, or do you study regular clowning then do a masters in evil?
I would imagine they're slightly melty around the edges following the plunge into a vat of chemical waste

t-.-t
Nov 25, 2006

My fiancee told her friend group that I am not the greatest at sex, but she is with me for the complete package. Am I wrong for calling off the engagement?

quote:

I (27M) have been engaged to my fiancee Amy (26F) for a year, and was in relationship with her for 5 years. We were due to be married this August. Now, I am also friends with Kiley (26F) . We have been friends for a very long time, pretty much since we were babies, and we’re almost like siblings at this point, because her mother and my mother were best friends since they were in high school.

Anyways, Kiley is part of the same tight knit friend group as Amy. I always try to ask Kiley what Amy tells about me, because I know women like to discuss about their boyfriends with their friend group. Kiley is usually tight lipped but if she does say anything, she always says how Amy loves me a lot, and how Amy is so excited about marriage.

Last month, I hung out with Kiley and her boyfriend at their house. Amy and I usually hang out with them for dinners, but Amy had gone out of town for a couple of days. Anyways, we all got pretty drunk and laughing a lot and I was begging Kiley to tell me one bad thing Amy has told about me to her friends.

After a lot of pleading, Kiley finally said that one thing Amy had joked about was how she had better sex before, and I was not the greatest at sex, but that she was with for me the complete package, because she doesn’t care about sex too much. I was drunk then so I just laughed it off, but I felt somewhat stung then.

The next day, when I got sober, I felt extremely stung. I thought about a lot, and when Amy came back from her vacation, I asked her about it casually. She initially denied it, and said we always have amazing sex, and she’s always satisfied. I told her it really wouldn’t hurt me if she told me the truth, and marriage was built on honesty, so I asked her again a couple of times. Amy finally admitted that she did in fact say that I was not the best at sex to her friend group, but she was just joking about it, because I had so many other great qualities she wanted to highlight.

I laughed it off initially, but that stung me even more. I couldn’t hide my mood the next couple of days. I felt sad and felt like poo poo. Amy apologized a lot, and said she did not mean what she said.

A couple of days later, I told Amy I could no longer be with her, and what she told her friend group hurt me too much. I informed everyone over the next week that I was calling off the wedding. Amy was distraught, and tried to convince me multiple times and apologized a lot. But I was too mentally downtrodden.

AITAH?

Update: My fiancee told her friend group that I am not the greatest at sex, but she is with me for the complete package. Am I wrong for calling off the engagement?

quote:

I understand I am insecure, I am not hiding the fact that I’m insecure. I just wish my fiancee did not tell her friends about my sex life, especially to Kiley. If Amy had only told me and not her friends, I would have definitely still felt hurt, but at least this would have only been between us. I definitely wouldn’t broken up with her either, and would have even tried to improve our sex life.

I always asked Kiley what Amy thought about me because yes I was insecure, and I wanted to fix any of my flaws before marriage.

But I never expected that it would have been about my sex life. I thought maybe a character flaw, maybe I wasn’t romantic enough or not taking her out on enough dates or something along those lines. But never about my sex life. I felt even more hurt after hearing that Amy said I wasn’t great at sex, because Amy never gave me any indication of that in 5 years.

But now I’m too ashamed to face her friends, especially Kiley. Kiley has reached out to me many times, but I’m too embarrassed to even text her now. I understand how my actions have had to a lot of unintended cascading effects. I know Amy is hurting really bad now because she was really excited about our marriage and future. My family is hurting really bad, her family is hurting too. Kiley and Amy are no longer on speaking terms. I heard from one of my friends that Kiley broke up with her boyfriend, but I’m not sure if that’s related to this incident.

I already asked my company for a transfer to a different state, and am going to be moving to different state in 2 months. I have lost not only my fiancee, but also my best friend who I’ve known my entire life. Yes, I am not in the best of places now mentally, but I will try to start fresh in 2 months.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

How are you going to get a new long term girlfriend when you are not the best at sex

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Guy sounds like he was looking for a self-fulfilling prophecy.

If he’s gonna see anyone new, it should be a therapist.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

John Wick of Dogs posted:

How are you going to get a new long term girlfriend when you are not the best at sex

Take Sex Ed

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

t-.-t posted:

My fiancee told her friend group that I am not the greatest at sex, but she is with me for the complete package. Am I wrong for calling off the engagement?

"My t-shirt has a lot of people asking questions about my relationship that are already answered by my shirt."

Only registered members can see post attachments!

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

I think you're bad at math if you're dating someone who's had an average number of partners and you're expecting to be the best sex they've ever had, but also it's really really not hard to not belittle your partner to your friends like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Found out my (29M) wife (27F) is cheating by reading her texts. Suggest ways in which I can act as if I accidentally stumbled on these texts while having her phone for some valid reason

quote:

So basically I went through my wife's phone as I was having an intuition that she was cheating. Based on her late night texting and all.

We know each others phone passwords so I went through her phone and it confirmed my suspicions.

Now the thing is, we have had a discussion before where we agreed that going through each others texts is a sign of lack of trust and we should avoid it. Now, instead of accepting I went behind her back to read the texts, what are some ways in which I can get her to hand over her phone to me and how can I "accidentally stumble" on those cheating texts in front of her?

TLDR: Snooped through wife's phone to find out she's cheating. Want ways in which I can make it look like I found the texts legitimately.

:dafuq: