Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Danaru posted:

Found out my (29M) wife (27F) is cheating by reading her texts. Suggest ways in which I can act as if I accidentally stumbled on these texts while having her phone for some valid reason

:dafuq:

Forget to plug your phone in so the battery dies while you're out and then ask to borrow hers to check reddit.

Then post an update and await further instructions while we figure out how you open the text app accidentally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

Danaru posted:

Found out my (29M) wife (27F) is cheating by reading her texts. Suggest ways in which I can act as if I accidentally stumbled on these texts while having her phone for some valid reason

He promised he wouldn't snoop, so now he can't use this evidence in the court of relationship law. He's cuckholded forever, I'm afraid.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Danaru posted:

It's like those people who think the first amendment means no one is allowed to tell you to shut the gently caress up, but for the fourth amendment.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

AnoHito posted:

It's like those people who think the first amendment means no one is allowed to tell you to shut the gently caress up, but for the fourth amendment.

every future phone search he does now is fruit of the poisonous tree and he can never break up with her

jemand
Sep 19, 2018

Midnight Voyager posted:

She's on near full bedrest at 7 months, that's not normal at all. She's probably afraid she's going to die and her husband's leaving overnight to help a guy who has family living with him right now to watch and take care of him. She has an elderly aunt that he sends over to check "sometimes" and nothing else.

This is info from replies, of course. He didn't mention in the post that his friend has family living with him to support him right now and she has nothing else.

This whole story is sad top to bottom, including the fact that this is likely terrible health advice that's still traditionally given, hurting women for no documented improved pregnancy or baby outcomes. Lifting restrictions, reduction of active exercise, and potentially reduction in working hours (depending on the job) have very good benefits, but full "bed rest" is harmful. Regardless, even if she can get out of bed, get her own water, etc, this is unquestionably a terrifying time and she needs emotional support, companionship, and yes, someone just there able to help out with the stuff that is a bit more heavy or exhausting or requiring extensive effort. He needs to prioritize her!

Anyway, I think this is where I first learned this, years ago: https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2018/11/26/669229437/rethinking-bed-rest-for-pregnancy

And when I was searching for it again, I found the mayo clinic agrees it's inadvisable: https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/pregnancy-week-by-week/in-depth/pregnancy/art-20048007

This poor woman is being let down by literally everyone in her life right now, personally and professionally, during a terrifying period of life.

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

Danaru posted:

Partner left me put of poker night.

I kind of understand why the husband doesn't want OP there. If you have 5 people who are really into poker and one who isn't, it makes for a weird dynamic at the table. Either the newbie is constantly slowing things down with "does a flush beat a straight?" and "How much are the blue chips worth again?" Or they promptly lose all their money and then just sit there awkwardly watching everyone else play. The way to solve it is still not by locking them in the bedroom like a dog though.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 23 days!
Edit: n/m

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

wheatpuppy posted:

I kind of understand why the husband doesn't want OP there. If you have 5 people who are really into poker and one who isn't, it makes for a weird dynamic at the table. Either the newbie is constantly slowing things down with "does a flush beat a straight?" and "How much are the blue chips worth again?" Or they promptly lose all their money and then just sit there awkwardly watching everyone else play. The way to solve it is still not by locking them in the bedroom like a dog though.

'You'll be chilling in the bedroom right?' could just as easily mean 'I assumed you didn't want to come for some reason not mentioned in the post'. Hard to know, because she didn't say 'haha what, no, I want to play'

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

Am I the only one who grew up in a small town and gets hard to quantify ‘that could have def happened back home’ vibes about once a page

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
It happens to me too sometimes, so you aren't alone in it.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

t-.-t posted:

My fiancee told her friend group that I am not the greatest at sex, but she is with me for the complete package. Am I wrong for calling off the engagement?

Update: My fiancee told her friend group that I am not the greatest at sex, but she is with me for the complete package. Am I wrong for calling off the engagement?

Just get better at sex

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Mx. posted:

Just get better at sex

I wonder if she's tried to gently guide him and he just didn't take the hints, as men are wont to do.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

I think there was a Dan Savage paraphrase itt that said "If you're snooping on your partner's phone, your relationship is over. The only question left is whether it died because of their infidelity or your lack of trust."

Troublemaker
Mar 12, 2007

AITAH for walking away after I discovered my fiancé had intercourse with a douchebag?

quote:

I will keep this as short as possible because I don't want to waste your time but for some context, me (27M) and my ex (27F) have been in a relationship for 7 years soon to be married although that will never happen.

I discovered her affair by simply seeing a message on her phone from douchebag talking about how good sex was, stupidly enough, she didn't even attempt to cover her tracks, she simply had what I assumed was AP name saved in contacts, I should have felt anger but I simply felt, I just accepted she wasn't the one I could spend the rest of my life with.

Recently my wardrobe broke down so I had to use luggage's as a makeshift wardrobe for the time being so my clothes was already packed up which saved me time.

I waited for my ex to go work and I just left a note on fridge saying have fun with douchebag and moved out, her name is on the lease so I could leave without any consequences, there was some furniture I bought but oh well, I also blocked her.

For the time being I'm couch surfing at my brother and sisters house and I feel calm and peaceful checking out however she sobbed a lot to my parents and they aren't happy that l checked out without hearing her perspective but I simply felt nothing (My fiancé did have a good relationship with my parents) my sibling on the other hand think I did nothing wrong.

Maybe I am an rear end in a top hat for not caring, maybe I'm justified for what I did so AITA?

Also I have a question for anyone who cares, what would you do in my situation? Let me know.

Love the implication that if the AP was a decent guy he'd have been okay with it.
Also

AITAH for not believing half the stories that end up on this sub?

quote:

I (m25) have been noticing that many of the posts on this sub have been clear as day “NTA” to the point where I’m sure at least some of them are a load of bollocks. I’m sorry, but if your wife cheated on you with your dad and you have to ask Reddit whether or not you’re the arsehole for leaving her then I simply don’t believe you are real.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Troublemaker posted:

Lmao

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

Stories are so over the top at r/AITAH that you get posts calling all of them fake once a week, lol

Wife wants me to wear something under my swim trunks and I prefer not to.

quote:

So a few summers ago my wife (40) told me (45) I need to wear a liner briefs under my swimsuit. I don't think it is necessary as the swim trunks already have a build in liner and when I have the extra layer it stays wet and uncomfortable all day and doesn't dry out. So for context, we hang out at pool parties and go to the beach with friends often and my wife thinks it is gross you can see the outline on my penis through the swim trunks. I personally could care less and don't think it is any different than a woman wearing a bikini and her nipples poking through. Am I wrong for not caring?

Compromise and get speedos instead

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

DemoneeHo posted:

Stories are so over the top at r/AITAH that you get posts calling all of them fake once a week, lol

Smh, wife won't let OP just hang dong.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Wife should use the money she saves from him not buying two swimsuits on a special big dick toilet.

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

Mx. posted:

Just get better at sex

sorry, once you sex you can never change it. the only answer is to cut all ties, move to another state, and try to sex better with your next fiancee

Crocobile
Dec 2, 2006

Re: r/relationships: I’m sorry, but if your wife cheated on you with your dad and you have to ask Reddit whether or not you’re the arsehole for leaving her then I simply don’t believe you are real.

Probably too long for a thread title

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

DemoneeHo posted:

YTA for saying "could care less" than claiming you don't care at all

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

Troublemaker posted:

I wonder if this guy also goes around telling people that pro wrestling is fake.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

8one6 posted:

I really appreciate how Corky will rain 6ers if someone so much as suggests using the hard C in the thread but is completely silent about posters acting like fat people are subhuman.

My apologies, I was very busy with work earlier and I thought Seth had taken care of it by saying the derail is over and handing out a few probations. So no, acting like fat people are subhuman is certainly not okay and it won’t be happening again.

Agrikk
Oct 17, 2003

Take care with that! We have not fully ascertained its function, and the ticking is accelerating.

Kurieg posted:

AITAH for being upset that my family kept my sisters pregnancy a secret from me?

Well she's sure as hell upset now Mom!

This happened to my wife and I once upon a time.

it ultimately took us eight years to have our twins, including three IVF treatments, and those were some pretty dark years.

Multiple friends of ours decided not to tell us that they were expecting, thinking that they’d spare our feelings. What they didn’t understand was that their kids would be coming and very soon we’d find out on our own, you know, because you now have a loving baby. This phenomenon led to whole circles of friends suddenly going dark on us as people hid pregnancies from us.

Yes we found out. Yes the resulting conversations were emotional and awkward. Yes some friendships did not recover and we lost lots of friends over this. “Funniest” conversation was a panicked phone call out of the blue from a husband who found out that we’d be coming to a picnic where he and his pregnant wife would be attending. One hour before the picnic was to start. He had to call me so I could tell my wife that his wife was very pregnant and oh yeah that’s why they hadn’t spoken to us in seven months.

Just come clean. Jesus Christ. Sure we would have felt feelings of jealousy and bitterness but those feeling would be fleeting and ultimately we would have been happy for you and delighted to participate in your lives.

RocketMermaid posted:

Too much milk makes people obese and must therefore be banned for the sake of our healthcare dollars, along with all other food.

But then what will I drink in bars to piss off all the no-longer-smoking patrons?

Agrikk fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Apr 11, 2024

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

You gotta improvise, Lisa: cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust...

Plaster Town Cop

Kurieg posted:

AITAH for being upset that my family kept my sisters pregnancy a secret from me?

Well she's sure as hell upset now Mom!

Wait so all I need to do to avoid seeing kids again is to tell our family that we "are struggling with fertility issues"?? Much easier than being Child Free and having to actively be hostile to kids!

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Lots of people apparently do still go Victorian novel levels of crazy over infertility.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

PancakeTransmission posted:

Wait so all I need to do to avoid seeing kids again is to tell our family that we "are struggling with fertility issues"?? Much easier than being Child Free and having to actively be hostile to kids!

It's all the convenience of never being invited to kids' birthday parties combined with the moral satisfaction of making THEM feel like the rear end in a top hat for asking. A total win-win!

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

I (25M) have the chance to date my old HS crush (25F), but I’m engaged to my fiancee (24F). What do I do?

quote:

I had a crush on this girl Carla since middle school going into HS but she never paid me no mind.

I left for the military and met Sara, who is nurse and wants to become a doctor nurse practitioner! Sara was the usual type of girl I dated. I left the military to do contracting work, and moved back to my home state.

One day while I was getting drinks at the bar, Carla was my bartender! She didn't recognize me but when I told her my name she couldn't believe it. She said she couldn't believe how much I changed.

I started becoming a regular, and eventually exchanged contact information with her to catch up. Throughout this time, she told me she has a crush on me even though she knows I have a fiancee. She said she likes how driven I am… now I'm conflicted. She says that she will give me time to think about what I wanna do.

My fiancee and I are doing great, but I feel like she's normally the type of woman I always get. Carla, I never had the opportunity or thought I would. I don't wanna hurt Sara, but feel like I would regret this forever if I don't pursue it.

update:

quote:

I broke her heart. I love Sara so much, and I stupidly called off the wedding to be with my old crush a few weeks ago.

Throughout the couple weeks, Carla used me as a piggy bank. That’s all I loving was to her. I spoiled her, paid for her hair, nails, etc. I gave her everything.

I found out she used the money I Zelled her to buy a ticket for some guy to come see her. I’m sick to my stomach.

I reached out to Sara, but she feels betrayed and said she doesn’t want to be a sloppy seconds, but she’s not. I love her and needed this to realize it.

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

You gotta improvise, Lisa: cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust...

Plaster Town Cop

Mx. posted:

I (25M) have the chance to date my old HS crush (25F), but I’m engaged to my fiancee (24F). What do I do?

update:

I want to believe

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Wow, simmer down with the exclamation marks! You're way too excitable!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I want to believe

The Ex-Files was such a good show

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

Barudak posted:

The Ex-Files was such a good show

Ex-Philes - only attracted to the one(s) that got away.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

wheatpuppy posted:

lol drat

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

wheatpuppy posted:

:eyepop:

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

You do risk an endless line of relatives and acquaintances trying to sell you this all-natural supplement that totally worked for their cousin's best friend's aunt who thought she was infertile and now she has octuplets

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Cloacamazing! posted:

You do risk an endless line of relatives and acquaintances trying to sell you this all-natural supplement that totally worked for their cousin's best friend's aunt who thought she was infertile and now she has octuplets

Just say it sounds like witchcraft and there's nothing about it in the Bible.

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~

Mx. posted:

update:

I wonder what it's like to live while being this loving stupid

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Olanphonia posted:

You can enlist too.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Olanphonia posted:

He did the right thing by getting his fiancee free of a relationship with him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style

Mx. posted:

Just get better at sex

genuinely just talk to your almost wife if you share a bed you can share a conversation