Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
COPE VS PENTA 44 59.46%
LIONHOOK SHIBATA VS STP 4 5.41%
OKADA VS A GUY 6 8.11%
MAY VS JAY 6 8.11%
JOE VS RHODES 14 18.92%
Total: 74 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

https://twitter.com/cosmicadri_/status/1778237136514207990

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

STING 64 posted:

punk really should have gotten the shibata procedure

After the Kojima match they had to take his shattered balls out but they weren’t able to put them back in, so he had what’s known in the medical community as a “Half Shibata”.

During this segment my wife goes “everybody’s gay for Mariah May” which i feel could become a t shirt.

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
I for one can't wait for Mina and Toni to battle it out when Toni loses the belt thanks to Mariah messing something up

:hai:

https://x.com/minashirakawa/status/1778293070502809859?s=46

Edit: I like how AEW aired the footage and before there were so many doubters, I never doubted you Tony coward. :mad:

MediaPlayerClassic
Aug 24, 2012

You can tell he's doing this in good faith by saying Edge beat Penta

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

you fantasise about the wrestlers kissing each other? I fantasise about the wrestlers opening a joint bank account and buying a couch together. get on my level bitch

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Trying posted:

you fantasise about the wrestlers kissing each other? I fantasise about wrestlers sharing a bank account with their mother

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Okada is incredible, even In squashes. No selling and being bored. Hell yeah

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Not sure what I loved most, the backstage footage or Ospraey dunking on HHH.

Love that messy poo poo, you can bet HHH is so pissed off today and I love it.

AND they even pushed the YB/FTR match forward nicely. Just incredible. Thank you EVPs, thank you BBT!

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

I miss him so much :(

He said in his Unrestricted podcast interview that he only wants to be onscreen as a wrestler if they can make it special and not just a nostalgia pop and I really do respect that but god what I wouldn't give to hear "K O W KINGS" one last time.

I'm hoping they do something like KOW vs Mox/Dragon

Also I caught Ospreay's promo but missed what he said about wacky ol' HHH

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Apr 11, 2024

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Majinfoose posted:

Just also wanna chime in that Ospreay is gonna be huge as a babyface, he's so good at it.

He already feels like the biggest babyface in the company despite his Don Callis association. When the United Empire are back as a full group and they turn face, the feud with The Elite is going to be nuts.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I'm hoping they do something like KOW vs Mox/Dragon

Also I caught Ospreay's promo but missed what he said about wacky ol' HHH

Something along the lines of "All that talk about grinding when the only reason you're in the position you are is because of the grinding on the Boss' daughter"

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry
aew looks like such a joke. what a bunch of losers. i can't believe they won't let Willow wrestle Cope in the Copen for the TNT title. #BigStokeWasRight

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan
it always feels.loke they're toeing ever closer to an intergender match with the Copeland/Willow moment, the Willow/Brody face off, and the game letting anyone wrestle anyone. do it already!

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

what a great episode of wrestling last nigjt, see ya next week.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Captain Foo posted:

Out of everything that happened last night, this was the best.

Oh, and Shibata's promo.

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry
Willow should win the TBS and TNT titles and unify them into a TV title. Thanks for reading my post.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Sisal Two-Step posted:

aew looks like such a joke. what a bunch of losers. i can't believe they won't let Willow wrestle Cope in the Copen for the TNT title. #BigStokeWasRight

This!!!!!

CaptainApathyUK
Sep 6, 2010

I'm a mark who was drawn to the whiteboard stuff behind the Bucks while they were doing their promo. Most of it was things like "Pick up drycleaning" or "Kia or Ferrari?" but the one that caught my eye was only from certain angles and looks to be something like "5.2024 YB PUMP"

Something happening next month? Some bullshit like a sneaker collab or something?

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:

CaptainApathyUK posted:

I'm a mark who was drawn to the whiteboard stuff behind the Bucks while they were doing their promo. Most of it was things like "Pick up drycleaning" or "Kia or Ferrari?" but the one that caught my eye was only from certain angles and looks to be something like "5.2024 YB PUMP"

Something happening next month? Some bullshit like a sneaker collab or something?

They teased their Reebok pump collab a week ago
https://x.com/youngbucks/status/1775597105802805264?s=46

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://x.com/garrettkidney/status/1778249899110277199

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I been saying it. AEW is a buffet for us Bi's

Kurash
May 12, 2008

There's some value in doing big stupid stunts, I think it's just unfortunate that it's going to be very hard for them to do a bigger, stupider stunt than this.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Sisal Two-Step posted:

loving this. I wanna see Willow pounce that mother fucker out of the ring!

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Kurash posted:

There's some value in doing big stupid stunts, I think it's just unfortunate that it's going to be very hard for them to do a bigger, stupider stunt than this.

Moxley/Foley, exploding barbed wire death match, All In 2024

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Kurash posted:

MJF is coming back soon

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I love bored Okada. Just so secure in his knowledge he's better than everyone else.

God now I want to see a fourway match this year of Okada vs Kenny vs Osprey vs Danielson

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

ChrisBTY posted:

Also: send Anna Jay to STARDOM for a year. If she improves as much as she seemed to with one match against Mariah May she'll return as the mighty God-Queen of women's professional wrestling.

https://twitter.com/annajay___/status/1778265397050867814

Agreed. And now would have been the perfect time to do it, with the boyfriend already there and the best friend on maternity leave. Sometimes, those life pieces fit together, and the life pieces are more valuable than the work pieces.

In conclusion,

Trying posted:

you fantasize about the wrestlers kissing each other? I fantasize about the wrestlers opening a joint bank account and buying a couch together. get on my level bitch

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I want more aew wrestlers, especially the younger ones, to go on excursions. It's just such a good way to help foster growth.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Sisal Two-Step posted:

Laughed real hard at Stokely throwing out that challenge. Fun little segment even if Copeland completely took Willow’s idea right out of her mouth and suggested it as his own.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Shard posted:

I want more aew wrestlers, especially the younger ones, to go on excursions. It's just such a good way to help foster growth.

- brings more experience and creativity
- brings the current fanbase to new promotions and expands everyone's wrestling mind
- for the younger ones, do it before anyone has kids and that set of concerns isn't there

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Ganso Bomb posted:

Laughed real hard at Stokely throwing out that challenge. Fun little segment even if Copeland completely took Willow’s idea right out of her mouth and suggested it as his own.

I feel like he was a little out of it from the match lol

It was a fun segment all around; I laughed at him making up a silly nickname for the Cope/Eddie/Mark trio :allears:

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Can’t wait for Willow to bark right back at Brody next week.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Watching a storyline this loving gay on nationally televised wrestling is still melting my mind. In a good way, but still.

(Also that part of Cope's promo was awkward, but sometimes a meeting goes off track and you need to recenter it.)

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Can’t wait for Willow to bark right back at Brody next week.

Willow kicks rear end. It looks like her and Mercedes is a sure thing, that’s gonna be great.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
Dynamite was alright. I didn't really like the opening segment, and i could have done with less "AEW RA RA RA RA!" in the promos, but the matches were good and the backstage tape is causing some people to meltdown and others to worry their pearls into nubs, so I find it even funnier.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

How does Okada's neck breaker not actually, yknow, break necks? Is he supporting the weight of the person on the side so it's not full coming down on the neck? poo poo looks so brutal every time, I love it and his nonchalant "Yeah I just did that" reaction afterwards.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

Lurks With Wolves posted:

Watching a storyline this loving gay on nationally televised wrestling is still melting my mind. In a good way, but still.

Mine was already melted from “69 Me, Don!”

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Captain Foo posted:

The look of pure glee on Okada's face as he was prepping to whap PAC with the chair the first time was amazing :allears:

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

explosivo posted:

How does Okada's neck breaker not actually, yknow, break necks? Is he supporting the weight of the person on the side so it's not full coming down on the neck? poo poo looks so brutal every time, I love it and his nonchalant "Yeah I just did that" reaction afterwards.

It’s on the list of stuff that I don’t want to see honestly. The older I get the harder some of that stuff gets to watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Schiavone dropping that the mixed tag match next week will be the first time the TNT and TBS champion will "face off" in a match (inasmuch as they can) was a cute little factoid. It's neat and I hope they mix the divisions more as it's a good way to help the whole show feel integrated and cohesive.

It's something I noticed with Copeland early on, both he and Eddie commenting on the Young Bucks' attack on Sting and Darby. Acknowledgement that people know what's happening on their own TV show, even just tiny lines, can add a lot.