Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
COPE VS PENTA 44 59.46%
LIONHOOK SHIBATA VS STP 4 5.41%
OKADA VS A GUY 6 8.11%
MAY VS JAY 6 8.11%
JOE VS RHODES 14 18.92%
Total: 74 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
:golfclap:

Love the Cope Man

https://x.com/drainbamager/status/1778418203493822473?s=46

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Cant wait for Willow to bark right back at Brody next week.

Have big dreams of them barking at each other as they circle up in the center of the ring before delivering cannon balls to their opponents in opposite corners

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Jerusalem posted:

The look of pure glee on Okada's face as he was prepping to whap PAC with the chair the first time was amazing :allears:

A classic pro wrestling heel trait is that they love cheating and cannot cheat enough. Okada's immediate embrace of this is a big reason why I love the guy right now.

Also Shibata complimenting Renee's necklace was really cute in an unexpected way.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

explosivo posted:

How does Okada's neck breaker not actually, yknow, break necks? Is he supporting the weight of the person on the side so it's not full coming down on the neck? poo poo looks so brutal every time, I love it and his nonchalant "Yeah I just did that" reaction afterwards.

The Stroker Ace posted:

Its on the list of stuff that I dont want to see honestly. The older I get the harder some of that stuff gets to watch.

we talking about that reverse shoulder breaker thing that is the weakest looking thing he does aside from The Wirld Famous Money Clip?

edge is cool now

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc
I like that in AEW it feels like Adam Copeland just walks around to different cliques to say hi and keeps getting involved in angles.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Cope rules.

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan
Copeland's delivery always feels incredibly fake to me, like he comes up with something hours before but tries to make it sound off the cuff and it's very unnatural. in ring pretty fun though!

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Cant wait for Willow to doctor bomb Brody next week.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Trying posted:

we talking about that reverse shoulder breaker thing that is the weakest looking thing he does aside from The Wirld Famous Money Clip?

https://i.imgur.com/nBI1KCk.mp4

thanks allelitemoves.com

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Integrated Houston posted:

Jesus, this You cant say that, you cant spread rumors and bash someone on a public forum! That would be very, very unprofessional bit got me. The Young Bucks are such trolls, its great.

For me, the best line was, "We didn't have time to pray, drat it!"

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014

Why are we pearl clutching about this move again?

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
It was funny when that timer was in the top corner of the screen for like a minutes. "20 minutes until The Young Bucks"

punchdaily
Nov 8, 2010

I have decades of neck strain from work, and I think this would fix it in an instant.

beepo
Oct 8, 2000
Forum Veteran

ChrisBTY posted:

I will never understand what made Dirtbike Kid thinking he could control his booking.
Dude. You were booked. That's your W.

Sasuke vs Dirtbike Kid was a 5* match

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

ThePariah posted:

a lot of times, as fans get older, the moves that are sick and cool make us worry. It's because as we age, we overly worry about these guys getting hurt.

But I wouldn't worry about Okada. He's the best, I'm sure he's protecting people as much as possible during his stuff while also making it look like murder.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

ThePariah posted:

Because someone itt has been worked by the pro rasslin

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

ThePariah posted:

We're not? I was simply asking how someone takes this move without getting hurt in a non pearl clutchy way. I want him to keep doing it, it looks sick and he looks cool as hell doing it.

Here, I'll quote the post from the very last page for you

explosivo posted:

How does Okada's neck breaker not actually, yknow, break necks? Is he supporting the weight of the person on the side so it's not full coming down on the neck? poo poo looks so brutal every time, I love it and his nonchalant "Yeah I just did that" reaction afterwards.

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
Did anyone ever figure out what that weird diagram was that flashed on screen early on in the episode?

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
The secret is that Okada actually breaks their necks.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Wintermutant posted:

Did anyone ever figure out what that weird diagram was that flashed on screen early on in the episode?

I think it's just a quick and dirty production layout. Camera positioning, stuff like that.

MediaPlayerClassic
Aug 24, 2012
Both Punk and Stokely needing to learn the same lesson

Don't say these things publicly

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014

explosivo posted:

We're not? I was simply asking how someone takes this move without getting hurt in a non pearl clutchy way. I want him to keep doing it, it looks sick and he looks cool as hell doing it.

Here, I'll quote the post from the very last page for you

Someone else posted about not wanting to see moves like that. Okada has been doing that move forever, so I doubt it's a dangerous move.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Wintermutant posted:

I wouldn't worry about it

Only registered members can see post attachments!

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

The funniest part about the tape was Hook lurking nearby giving no shits at all, and then finally being like "Better make sure my FTW belt doesn't get hurt"

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

ThePariah posted:

Someone else posted about not wanting to see moves like that. Okada has been doing that move forever, so I doubt it's a dangerous move.

Oh. Yeah I don't think he would be doing it and people would let him do it if it was legit dangerous. I'm just fascinated with the performance side of things, and the idea of putting enough trust in someone to let them do that to you.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

DeathChicken posted:

The funniest part about the tape was Hook lurking nearby giving no shits at all, and then finally being like "Better make sure my FTW belt doesn't get hurt"

Minding your own business is a cornerstone of living an FTW lifestyle.

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:

explosivo posted:

Oh. Yeah I don't think he would be doing it and people would let him do it if it was legit dangerous. I'm just fascinated with the performance side of things, and the idea of putting enough trust in someone to let them do that to you.

I love hearing wrestlers talk how they put matches together and just executing stuff too.

There was a video of Kenny giving a seminar, it went on for two hours, and his talking and show moves and showing how you can build a sequence of moves without ever even talking to the other person was so awesome and cool.

I love that stuff

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Lamuella posted:

I wouldn't worry about it

Im so Punked up

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

MediaPlayerClassic posted:

Both Punk and Stokely needing to learn the same lesson

Don't say these things publicly

Stokely needs to talk 100x more poo poo

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Is AEW hosting that segment with the clip anywhere like on youtube or something? Feels like the kind of thing they could get a fuckton of views from if they were so inclined.

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan

Miching Mallecho posted:

I love hearing wrestlers talk how they put matches together and just executing stuff too.

There was a video of Kenny giving a seminar, it went on for two hours, and his talking and show moves and showing how you can build a sequence of moves without ever even talking to the other person was so awesome and cool.

I love that stuff

one of the few Steve Austin podcasts I listened to was him and Jake Roberts just chatting about working in a way that felt like it could've totally happened off mic, it still stands out as one of the best wrestling podcast episodes I've heard

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

explosivo posted:

Is AEW hosting that segment with the clip anywhere like on youtube or something? Feels like the kind of thing they could get a fuckton of views from if they were so inclined.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7n91D7X7w4

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Oh sweet, thank you. I probably should have checked first. :shobon:

Edit: oh wait the actual footage is not in there

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

A Fancy Hat posted:

Im so Punked up

How disgusting.

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:yeah:

I dont know why everyone keeps saying Punk started the fight, Jungle Jack clearly hit him first with the World Famous Kevin Nash Hairflip. :shrug:

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

explosivo posted:

Edit: oh wait the actual footage is not in there

Oh haha. That's hilarious

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Barry Bluejeans posted:

How disgusting.

Punk goes pop

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

ThePariah posted:

Im a softy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones
Tbh I rather see people pearl clutch about rasslin' moves than the sanctity of wrestling being tarnished by AEW airing the footage of Punk.