Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
store page is showing 11 hours :coffeepal:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Game would release on the first day of my new job

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fhhjLbXACw4

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Leal posted:

Wow, me too! Are you also starting work for cube?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

QuarkJets posted:

Wow, me too! Are you also starting work for cube?

Honestly? Yes. The logo for the place I'm working at is a cube

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Leal posted:

how bad do you need a job really

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Gotta keep the nutrient paste dispenser filled in a world where grinding up random passersby to do so has consequences.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
The paste must flow.

I'm trying excited to try all this poo poo out.

I'm not even picking and choosing, the whole anomaly dlc is looking loving sick.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE
Still about 120 mods in my list that haven't been updated to 1.5. Been meaning to prune a few but I'm still gonna be missing a bunch of things. :shepface:

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Just used it as an opportunity to build up a new mod list IMHO. I do that after every update and I ended up liking a lot of mods I would have never touched otherwise.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Lt. Lizard posted:

Just used it as an opportunity to build up a new mod list IMHO. I do that after every update and I ended up liking a lot of mods I would have never touched otherwise.

this is me, when a big update is announced I just clear my list and take a rimworld break then go all in on whatever sounds neat - pure medieval magic only, fully automated luxury space communism, one guy and his dozens of robot bodies, etc.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

RIP incredibly busted melee killbox, you were my only really unique exploit, I'll miss you :911:

verified this no longer works in 1.5

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Soon

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
cube

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

https://twitter.com/spaghoner/status/1321583238804987906

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

Hey y’all posting about THE SPHERE?!?! *immediately dogpiled and ripped shrieking limb from limb by the Cube Gang*

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

TWO MINUTE WARNING.

e: SIXTY TWO MINUTE WARNING

Flesh Forge fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Apr 11, 2024

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

Leal posted:

Honestly? Yes. The logo for the place I'm working at is a cube

lol

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
just working from home this afternoon, not doing anything cube related at all promise

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
3 cubed until release

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

I’m running combat extended for the first time before 1.5 hits and I think I can see the appeal, guns feel amazing to use.

The whole ammo system is for a different type of nerd I am though. Instead of having a thousand different ammo types with different stats they could easily consolidate them down to maybe a dozen with no discernible difference in gameplay.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
cube up

Valdent
Mar 16, 2016
Alright all mods that add content and crap removed, all mods that make ui, ai, and some general mechanics better in. It's really weird to be going in with a mod count in the 2 digit range but that'll go up to hundreds again eventually

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I can't play without rimatomics I can't play without rimatomics

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

lunar detritus posted:

I’m running combat extended for the first time before 1.5 hits and I think I can see the appeal, guns feel amazing to use.

The whole ammo system is for a different type of nerd I am though. Instead of having a thousand different ammo types with different stats they could easily consolidate them down to maybe a dozen with no discernible difference in gameplay.

yeah instead of modeling every fuckin caliber known to human civilization, something like "pistol/smg" "large caliber rifle "assault rifle" "shotgun" "primitive projectile" "hi-tech firearm" "energy weapon" "bolts/arrows" would probably be plenty to make you have to actually think about producing ammo and having supplies of ammo and whether or not to use certain weapons if your access to their ammo is limited, without going insane on bloat and :spergin:

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Casual reminder that now is as good a time as any to completely nuke and reinstall Rimworld, especially the hidden config stuff in appdata. There's a lot of lingering cruft that can cause issues, especially if you use dozens or hundreds of mods. May as well go in fresh to 1.5 even if you aren't buying the expansion.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

hmm. no, thank you

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

I poked around a bit in my appdata folder and found some poo poo unused since 2017 lol

Kafouille
Nov 5, 2004

Think Fast !

hailthefish posted:

yeah instead of modeling every fuckin caliber known to human civilization, something like "pistol/smg" "large caliber rifle "assault rifle" "shotgun" "primitive projectile" "hi-tech firearm" "energy weapon" "bolts/arrows" would probably be plenty to make you have to actually think about producing ammo and having supplies of ammo and whether or not to use certain weapons if your access to their ammo is limited, without going insane on bloat and :spergin:

There is in fact an option in the settings for CE to do just that

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

One of my pawns started the game with a legendary devilstrand duster, lol??

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Yeah that's totally random, no limits at all as far as I can tell

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The other one was an awful chinchilla fur duster.

You ground up dozens of chinchillas to make a horrible coat.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

OwlFancier posted:

The other one was an awful chinchilla fur duster.

You ground up dozens of chinchillas to make a horrible coat.

It's actually dozens of live chincillas, and there is now a UI button to rapidly disassemble the coat to have attack chinchillas

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Anomaly slotted right in except for one conflict so far (RIMMSQOL)

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
if you're wondering what the mental break tied to the Inhuman ideology does, it makes them do nothing for a few hours and gives them this effect, which appears to be permanent (or at least lasts way longer than the mental break)

(also a +8 moodlet)

President Ark fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Apr 11, 2024

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Hmm their affects are effected you say???
Inhumanize yourself and face to voidshed

Kate Lockwell
Feb 17, 2010

I'm going to throw left-handed. Is only way I can be satisfied. If I use my right... over too quickly.
"Harbinger trees" have sprouted in my colony!

"Feed them corpses and raw meat to nurture their growth"

:yeshaha:

worm girl
Feb 12, 2022

Can you hear it too?
I picked the new researcher start. It gave me a 45 year old gourmand in a lab coat with a monster tentacle arm, a 15 year old girl who was incapable of research, and a ghoul, who turned out to be the first dude's wife. So it was off to a roaring Venture Bros style start.

We were capturing and researching monsters in the best base location I have ever seen, but then the gourmand got gut worms and food poisoning at the same time. He couldn't keep any food down and kept having mental breaks due to starvation, but every time it was either berserk or murderous rampage. Even though he had low melee and was starving to death and sick, he kept owning everyone with his Parasyte arm and eventually he killed his lab assistant and the imperial deserter i recruited moments before keeling over and starving to death. Then his wife ate him. 10/10.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Love the trees. Love a lot of the updated things in 1.5. Hate that none of my mods work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison
Got hit with a Death Fog weather that revived all the dead as shamblers. I'd been feeding them to the trees so I didn't think it would be a big deal, until all the half-eaten animal corpses got up.

Then the flesh pit opened. Pretty rough for year one but I'm hanging on.