Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

MonsterEnvy posted:

Only to discover it’s not fit for human consumption. (Pidggiotos like eating them however)

Super high levels of mercury in the fish, imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

TVs Ian posted:

On the other hand, there was one game that had a book that said something about humans marrying Pokemon in the past.

That brings up a number of questions and concerns, especially paired with edible Pokemon.

Maybe it’s like monsters and you can’t eat the humanoid ones. Which then raises even more questions about what happens with a Pokemon that starts out non-humanoid, but has a humanoid evolution later.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Carpator Diei posted:

In Gold/Silver, Team Rocket is running a whole operation based around cutting off the tails of Slowpokes to sell them as a delicacy.
And as I just found out when double-checking this, there's a very weird sleep-tracker app spin-off called Pokémon Sleep where you can cook Slowpoke Tail Pepper Salad, Grilled Tail Curry and other fancy meals for your Snorlax.

Canonically you can eat Slowpoke tails as well in game, apparently it doesn't actually hurt the Slowpokes because their tails fall off the regrow naturally. So I guess what Team Rocket was doing wrong with actually cutting off the tails instead of waiting for them to fall, which DOES cause the Slowpoke a lot of pain.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/ProZD/status/1777453840000000373

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Electric Phantasm posted:

In Scarlet/Violet there are straight up pokemon dishes you can buy.

Like one has a Klawf claw just sticking out of it, another is called Pickled Toedscool and Cucumbers.

Modern Pokemon media is quite careful when talking about animal-origin foodstuffs. Things called by name are stuff that can be humanely harvested off Pokemon, like fruit, sheddings, cuttings from grass-type pokemon, various secretions, etc. Slowpoke tail's for example is called out as being painless to remove and grows back quickly, same with Klawf's claws.
Scarlet/Violet does have stuff like chorizo and bacon but it doesn't specify its origins. In practice it's obviously from Lechonk but it's just vague enough to have deniability, whereas the Klawf stick calls it by name but also specifically says "shed Klawf shells".

(as an aside Pokemon Sleep's sausage is labeled "bean sausage" which makes me wonder how exactly that works)

Kyte fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Apr 9, 2024

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

https://x.com/AtasticForReal/status/1777370916474826921

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

Lol

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
Something interesting about the latest episode: while it covers chapters 31 and 32, it's also bookended by stuff from the first page of chapter 33 (which is otherwise gonna be in this week's episode); might be a nod to the fact that chapter 33 was actually originally chapter 31 during magazine serialization and got moved ahead when released in volume format.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

https://x.com/mapletine_/status/1777072699774247307

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
https://youtu.be/uUG6tlIINQQ

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

wrong thread i think

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://x.com/FalKoopa_/status/1777953120167080136

https://x.com/Puppypizzaria/status/1778113552080867615

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Fortunately there is treatment for lead poisoning and the amounts in lunchables aren't super dangerous. It's not like eating lead paint or having lead pipes.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Kwyndig posted:

Fortunately there is treatment for lead poisoning and the amounts in lunchables aren't super dangerous. It's not like eating lead paint or having lead pipes.

It's probably still worse than no lead though.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

It's probably still worse than no lead though.

Well yeah, the amount of lead you want to intake is preferably none just saying it's not the end of the world if you eat 21 lunchables a day for 4 years. Man now I could really go for a lunchable, those little disks of meat and cheese slices, the crackers, sometimes a cookie.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
21 lunchables a day seems like a lot it's probably a joke right

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Zeruel posted:

21 lunchables a day seems like a lot it's probably a joke right

It is. Senshi's VA had 21 lunchables in a day once, as a bit for his youtube channel. The joke is pretending that he kept doing it for years after that.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 39 minutes!
just rebrand to Leadables bing bang boom

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
today's episode was really funny

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
I am caught up with the manga and the episodes. I have not watched the new episode, but high hopes for a couple visual jokes translating well.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
so glad that this divorced, middle-aged father of three finally gets to learn about the birds and the bees

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Yeah new episode was really funny, probs one of the funniest ones so far.

The party getting hay fever and becoming allergy zombies of snot and tears was hilarious but fricken gross

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

”She looks like a heretic idol” cracked me up something fierce

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Todays chapter covers

I love marcille in the wizards hat

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Laios is definitely eating a sentient being before this is done.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Hihohe posted:

I love marcille in the wizards hat

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Arc Hammer posted:

Laios is definitely eating a sentient bean before this is done.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
I like that you can really see how her eyelashes fell off when they moved her. That's continuity!

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Pollen has been kicking my rear end so this episode is very timely.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005
Probation
wait where the hell did Senshi get butter and cheese

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
IIRC it was from the provisions the Orcs gave them (IIRC the cheese is specifically described as being from the orcs)

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The wrong way to use healing magic

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005
Probation
im not big on pumpkin as a flavor but i wanna eat soup from that freaky rear end bowl

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
LOVE that Marcille froze in the most awkward and undignified position. A real one.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Setting aside the context of Laios cupping Senshi's pecs, "embarrassment is improvement's biggest enemy" is a really solid sentiment

Goffer
Apr 4, 2007
"..."

Alan Smithee posted:

wait where the hell did Senshi get butter and cheese

They're starving and he's got it in his pack - "you don't just eat butter by itself, it's an unbalanced meal".

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
He's mentioned several times that he carries assorted "seasonings" to add to the meal of the day.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Also one of the reasons he wants to go back is cause he is getting low on them.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
Besides the comedy I liked the sense that they’re all going to need to develop into more well rounded adventurers if they want to deal with the mad mage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Multiclassing