Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002

HopperUK posted:

I was so pleased to find out that the Club Scumm emcee actor went on to a successful career, and that I'd even seen him, playing the recurring weatherman character in iZombie. He's a standout in that wretched film.

This post made me think about some of my other favorite examples of “Other things MST3k actors have been in:”

Road Rash/Backsweat/Buttcrack from Hobgoblins is Zed’s accomplice in Pulp Fiction

Dictator-for-Life Santa from Wurrwoolf is in the Black Hole Sun video

Some years ago I was watching a marathon of Unsolved Mysteries and noticed that the villain from Time Chasers was in a reenactment segment about the version of the Loch Ness Monster that apparently lives in Lake Champlain

Jean-Claude Gosh Darn from Future War was in an episode of HBO’s Barry

Troy from Final Sacrifice was in an episode of Band of Brothers for like two seconds

And here’s legendary B-movie actor Richard Lynch, aka the guy who says “nose to anus” in Warwilf getting exploded by Chuck Norris at the end of Invasion USA

https://youtu.be/VdWhkdyl9bY?si=jXbWrVvvnQXA7q5t

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Isnt Jean Claude Gosh Darn like a famous stuntman

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
Yeah he’s been in a whole bunch of stuff including some actual movies, he was also an Agent in two of the Matrix sequels (including the most recent one!)

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

He's in the cast of Rifftrax classic Santa's Summer House too, which also features Cynthia Rothrock as "Mrs. Claus"

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Sheen Sheen posted:

Yeah he’s been in a whole bunch of stuff including some actual movies, he was also an Agent in two of the Matrix sequels (including the most recent one!)

He was the lead Agent in Reloaded after Smith went rogue (I think he's in Revolutions as well, but the Agents are only in it for a scene or two.) He filmed stuff for Resurrections but IIRC the bulk of his appearance was cut.

In the first John Wick, he's the guy Wick fights during the bathhouse sequence who gives him an actual challenge.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

He's in that Harley Quinn movie too

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Sheen Sheen posted:

This post made me think about some of my other favorite examples of “Other things MST3k actors have been in:”

I appreciated this post very much. Thanks!

Just watched the Rifftrax of Velvet Smooth for the first time tonight and it's been a long time since I laughed that hard at something.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Sheen Sheen posted:

very cool, thank you

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Another Bill posted:

He's in the cast of Rifftrax classic Santa's Summer House too, which also features Cynthia Rothrock as "Mrs. Claus"

But does NOT feature the Clauses taking on, like, gun runners or drug smugglers or anything which is what I thought at first starring the talented Ms. Rothrock.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Nick from Tormented played Lloyd the bartender in The Shining and Eldon Tyrell in Blade Runner.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Mr. Ohman (the hypnotist) in Invasion USA is played by Dan O'Herlihy, better remembered as The Old Man (OCP CEO) in Robocop 1 and 2

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

I think Bryan Cranstons estranged father plays a soldier who gets killed by a grasshoper in The Beginning of the End. He mentions that movie in an interview about his father ditching the family.

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

muscles like this! posted:

"And if your hands were metal that would mean something" pops into my head all the time.

But I'm not an alien ...

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002

JethroMcB posted:

He was the lead Agent in Reloaded after Smith went rogue (I think he's in Revolutions as well, but the Agents are only in it for a scene or two.) He filmed stuff for Resurrections but IIRC the bulk of his appearance was cut.

In the first John Wick, he's the guy Wick fights during the bathhouse sequence who gives him an actual challenge.

Thanks for the heads up, I knew he was in Reloaded but I was just going off of his Wikipedia article about Resurrections

Just thought of another one: Joe from This Island Earth is also the priest from the wedding scene in So I Married an Axe Murderer

Bonus fact: apparently the delivery guy next to Joe in the above pic is none other than Coleman Goddamned Francis?? I’ve seen this reported in several places throughout the internet—he’s not credited in This Island Earth, but I figured there would have been a reference in MST3k the Movie (I didn’t see any other riffs of This Island Earth so it might be mentioned in one of those, I dunno)

In any case, without the presence of light aircraft we can never know the true answer

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

:dukedog:

Bootleg Trunks posted:

I think Bryan Cranstons estranged father plays a soldier who gets killed by a grasshoper in The Beginning of the End. He mentions that movie in an interview about his father ditching the family.

He also wrote The Crawling Hand. The titular Teenage Caveman is a young Robert Vaughn.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Dawgstar posted:

But does NOT feature the Clauses taking on, like, gun runners or drug smugglers or anything which is what I thought at first starring the talented Ms. Rothrock.

Cynthia Rothrock owns. She was the only good thing in Undefeatable. A legit bad-rear end, and if we didn't live in a misogynistic patriarchal society, she would've been a big action star.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

Angry_Ed posted:

Mr. Ohman (the hypnotist) in Invasion USA is played by Dan O'Herlihy, better remembered as The Old Man (OCP CEO) in Robocop 1 and 2

To me he will always be Conal Cochran from Halloween III.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I wish there were a Tenuous and Obscure MST3K group somewhere for me to post this to, but I think I’ve almost got one of today’s nyt Connections categories. I just need to figure out the last one.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

I AM GRANDO posted:

I wish there were a Tenuous and Obscure MST3K group somewhere for me to post this to, but I think I’ve almost got one of today’s nyt Connections categories. I just need to figure out the last one.

I don't like this new Baba Is You level

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The old gravely voiced man from The Final Sacrifice was in the first season of The Last of Us.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

I AM GRANDO posted:

scale!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Angry_Ed posted:

This one is weird because once you learn it it becomes super obvious.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Angry_Ed posted:

Also ANOTHER evil CEO (to engage in redundancy) in the now much more well-regarded Halloween 3: Season of the Witch.

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Cynthia Rothrock owns. She was the only good thing in Undefeatable. A legit bad-rear end, and if we didn't live in a misogynistic patriarchal society, she would've been a big action star.

Yeah, it's clear that the RiffTrax guys like her, it's just she's in movies where her character's sister thinks a guy is blind just because he's wearing sunglasses.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Sheen Sheen posted:

Dictator-for-Life Santa from Wurrwoolf is in the Black Hole Sun video

Troy from Final Sacrifice was in an episode of Band of Brothers for like two seconds

Trying to decide what is more surprising: Troy going from Canadian student film to any on-camera career at all, or Sam the Keeper's tiny orange octagonal glasses apparently being personal wardrobe and not a costuming choice

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I believe I've mentioned this before but the Hep Cat Ferry Captain from Tormented is also the town sheriff from Village of the Giants. Who's the dad now?

"Say dad, what'd you say was the handle of the cat getting spliced" I love that guy

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Soundgarden depressingly unwilling to add the line 'strange things a-doin', strange things a-comin' around here' to their song. :colbert:

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
My wife spotted a couple Star Trek TNG actors recently somehow.

Mark Richman as Adam Chance in Agents from HARM was the guy worried about his investments, Ralph Offenhouse, when he was revived in "The Neutral Zone".

Ward Costello as Dr. Robert Hedges in Terror from the Year 5000 (and now I check his imdb, also has a role in Code Name: Diamond Head) was an admiral in a couple episodes, including in Conspiracy - the exploding head episode.

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

So like a pimp I'm pimpin'
I got a boat to eat shrimp in
Nothing wrong with my leg
I'm just B-boy limpin'

The sheriff from The Incredible Melting Man was also Tony Montana's lawyer in Scarface

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

This weird enough for you, folks? How does this make you feel about Santa?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Paul Revere 3000 posted:

The sheriff from The Incredible Melting Man was also Tony Montana's lawyer in Scarface

And the titular Projected Man is played by the same guy who was the svengali in Devil Doll. Rommell from Sidehackers (Ross Hagen) is also in The Hellcats playing about the same character.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

The other night I watched Blood Theater, a movie Rick Sloane made before Hobgoblins. Hard as it might be to believe, Hobgoblins demonstrated some real growth for Sloane as a filmmaker. For all its faults, Hobgoblins doesn't have scenes with constant HVAC noise, or put the sound of a vacuum cleaner so prominently in the mix. Hobgoblins is also notable for having an actual ending, not just a freeze-frame.

What Blood Theater does have over Hobgoblins, however, is the presence of Mary Woronov. Her character serves practically no purpose in the story, but she's there. I have to wonder if Sloane wrote the part of the psychotic phone sex lady from Hobgoblins thinking he'd get to work with her again.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I was looking at the cast of San Francisco International and the guys were right. TV movies really are a B-movie actor watering hole.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

Ron Masak, who played the butt-faced sheriff in Laserblast, also played Sheriff Metzger in Murder She Wrote. I had always suspected this but only just now looked it up to confirm.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

Dawgstar posted:

I was looking at the cast of San Francisco International and the guys were right. TV movies really are a B-movie actor watering hole.

I wonder if Pernell is older than his dad in this one, too.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Zamboni Rodeo posted:

Ron Masak, who played the butt-faced sheriff in Laserblast, also played Sheriff Metzger in Murder She Wrote. I had always suspected this but only just now looked it up to confirm.

Also the school Principal in King of the Hill

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Zamboni Rodeo posted:

Which butt-faced sheriff in Laserblast?

E: I guess two of the butt-faced sheriffs were actually butt-faced deputies.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Apr 11, 2024

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

zoux posted:

And the titular Projected Man is played by the same guy who was the svengali in Devil Doll. Rommell from Sidehackers (Ross Hagen) is also in The Hellcats playing about the same character.

Ross Hagen also voiced aging gunfighter Landon Ricketts in Red Dead Redemption.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Which butt-faced sheriff in Laserblast?

E: I guess two of the butt-faced sheriffs were actually butt-faced deputies.

All of them ready for some football. Are YOU?

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

Angry_Ed posted:

Ross Hagen also voiced aging gunfighter Landon Ricketts in Red Dead Redemption.

Oh poo poo, as an obsessive MSTie and Red Dead fan I’m surprised I didn’t know this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Dawgstar posted:

All of them ready for some football. Are YOU?

I am a citizen who isn't READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL.