Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

gradenko_2000 posted:

https://twitter.com/DoubleDownNews/status/1778346028569071633
- the video makes a very specific callback to WWI atrocity propaganda with regards Belgium

I've been saying this since the Ukraine War started, but the lack of Media Literacy among the media literacy scolds is galling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
drat hold me back bro why arent you holding me back UNSC?! hold me back or else ill totally hit this guy!

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

I've been saying this since the Ukraine War started, but the lack of Media Literacy among the media literacy scolds is galling.

what are these drawings about?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
suddenly remembering that bit in metalocalypse where the guy would always say "and now.....we wait"

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Al-Saqr posted:

Belgium, Belgium, The Mutiny, Ypres.

e: this one is funny, because it's a pun on Elgin stealing the marbles from the Parthenon, and then destroying the Summer Palace in the Second Opium War, but it's good

DJJIB-DJDCT has issued a correction as of 17:02 on Apr 11, 2024

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Al-Saqr posted:

narnia

the lion is jesus

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

I wonder did normal english peasant dullards even know that the opium wars was over china not wanting it's people to take horribly debilitating drugs forced on them by britain.

I choose to believe they did and they're just single digit IQ evil peasants.

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Subtlety went out the window when it came to your part of the world, but since those are particularly bad, you can get the sense here:

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

I've read a bit about imperial attitudes among English lower classes and isn't too far off from what people espouse today, helping the world out and also helping you get a job hopefully (back then at the ship docks, today I don't know partying with Nigel Farage lol)

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

Subtlety went out the window when it came to your part of the world, but since those are particularly bad, you can get the sense here:

somehow less racist than many political cartoons about China that are being printed today

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

the ancient national hero of belgium wore a birds nest as a hat

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Al-Saqr posted:

I wonder did normal english peasant dullards even know that the opium wars was over china not wanting it's people to take horribly debilitating drugs forced on them by britain.

I choose to believe they did and they're just single digit IQ evil peasants.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

wait is "shut up" short for "shut up shop"

im reeling now. gently caress britain.

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Real hurthling! posted:

wait is "shut up" short for "shut up shop"

im reeling now. gently caress britain.

Yes.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

It's ok we all know that the only cure for white imperialists is a bullet. nothing more and nothing less.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

America being the concentration camp guard

========

‎American official: We communicate with the Iranians and our message to them is not to attack Israel‎

‎US official for Al Jazeera:‎

‎We communicate with the Iranians through secret channels, and our message to them is not to attack Israel.‎

‎The U.S. Central Command commander's visit to Israel and the region was scheduled before the Damascus strike.‎

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

nooooo wtf.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

iran already struck today by whacking oj simpson whats next?

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

HallelujahLee posted:

iran already struck today by whacking oj simpson whats next?

:hmmyes: killing someone with no consequences is as close to american national hero as you can get

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

the British empire really does have the all-time most evil empire award and I doubt American hegemony is going to last long enough to surpass it. the lieutenant-governor of bengal in 1874, sir Richard Temple, arranged for the import of 500,000 tons of rice from Burma (also a British colony at the time) to feed Bengalis during a famine, and thereby avoided mass casualties. he did this because he wanted the laborers to stay in good health so when the rains returned they’d be able to resume production. he was SHARPLY criticized by the British government for interfering in the free market for food and told not to do it again. so when another famine struck madras in 1877, which he was in charge of at the time, he… implemented a starvation wage for laborers which caused millions of deaths.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

the British empire really does have the all-time most evil empire award and I doubt American hegemony is going to last long enough to surpass it. the lieutenant-governor of bengal in 1874, sir Richard Temple, arranged for the import of 500,000 tons of rice from Burma (also a British colony at the time) to feed Bengalis during a famine, and thereby avoided mass casualties. he did this because he wanted the laborers to stay in good health so when the rains returned they’d be able to resume production. he was SHARPLY criticized by the British government for interfering in the free market for food and told not to do it again. so when another famine struck madras in 1877, which he was in charge of at the time, he… implemented a starvation wage for laborers which caused millions of deaths.

the netherlands france and the uk should be dissloved for crimes against humanity

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

lmao the dem voters that agree a genocide is going on but are still going to vote for Biden

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

You should read the justifications for the opium wars about free trade being the highest form of good. There's a book on the knots the Brits twisted themselves into called Liberal Barbarism.

Leandros
Dec 14, 2008

Al! posted:

the netherlands france and the uk should be dissloved for crimes against humanity

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

lmbo

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Germany*

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

the only genuinely surprising and interesting part of this is the fact that the beleif that israel is doing a genocide is equally distributed amongst all economic classes.

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

bedpan posted:

lmao the dem voters that agree a genocide is going on but are still going to vote for Biden

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

pushing biden left but for genocide?

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

the US really did give it a go post WWII but is in such a hole compared to the british empire that i think you are right that thankfully it will not last long enough, at least as an international hegemon, to outdo them.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

:sigh: when was the high tech concept "a granary" first developed? this could have been avoided if only there was some method to safely store excess rice ahead of time in some way. a "strategic resource held in reserve" or some such concept could be useful in general, now that i think about it

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

SniperWoreConverse posted:

:sigh: when was the high tech concept "a granary" first developed?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhol3WdB4QU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

the three ideologies: lib mod con

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Al! posted:

the netherlands france germany and the uk should be dissloved for crimes against humanity

kyojin
Jun 15, 2005

I MASHED THE KEYS AND LOOK WHAT I MADE

Al! posted:

Belgium gets away with it yet again

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

kyojin posted:

Belgium gets away with it yet again

gotta hand it to them

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

:sigh: when was the high tech concept "a granary" first developed? this could have been avoided if only there was some method to safely store excess rice ahead of time in some way. a "strategic resource held in reserve" or some such concept could be useful in general, now that i think about it

you have to research pottery

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

Having reserves is anathema to imperial profiteering. There was plenty of surplus being stored when the feudal rulership was local.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
Research the Neoliberalism upgrade. All your resources are replaced with a number that always goes up but otherwise doesn’t do anything. At the end you get a fake victory screen.