Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

Waluigi want his fucking Amiibo

The_Rob posted:

It’s just funny to see Graves be best friends with Punk again after punk cut him out of his life for literally no reason.

Pepsi and diet Pepsi, back together at last.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Hoss Corncave posted:

Nothing would add more to a legacy like ruining one of the best retirements in wrestling a month or so later.

Yeah but remember that WWE is the big leagues therefore Sting hasn't wrestled since he left, so he needs to come back and finish his story (again?) because the casual viewer (who does chores while not paying attention to the show, or just watches highlights) doesn't know.

Trying posted:

I cannot mock this person. I think they need a hug more than anything

Most of the subjects we post in here are living in a parallel reality

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

All the hot takes posted in this thread should be read while imagining Dwight Schrute saying it to-camera in a talking head segment, but especially anything related to the Punk tape.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

A Fancy Hat posted:

There was a fight at my office years ago. Both guys were suspended and part of the investigation was gathering written statements from both of them to find out what happened. The one guy was very apologetic and said he was stupid to do it and understood it made him look like a danger in the workplace.

The other guy may very well be this poster; he wrote about “scanning a room for danger” every time he entered and said that men have been battling each other since caveman times and you can’t just turn off that part of your brain.

Lemme guess, second guy got canned?

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Lemme guess, second guy got canned?

Second guy was actually promoted to head of security

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

On The Internet posted:

Second guy was actually promoted to head of security

Was the job at Paddy's Pub in Philadelphia, or another subsidiary of Frank's Fluids?

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

Serperoth posted:

Was the job at Paddy's Pub in Philadelphia, or another subsidiary of Frank's Fluids?

Wolf Cola to be exact!

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

https://twitter.com/IANdrewDiceClay/status/1778230474772480158?t=0MJpHy2qSTckXII4VmwDiA&s=19

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

HHH books one year of WWE and people are already pretending like he worked his way up from the mailroom or something, absolutely wild.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

The_Rob posted:

It’s just funny to see Graves be best friends with Punk again after punk cut him out of his life for literally no reason.

I don't know about no reason, Corey Graves seems loving insufferable.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

I do not detect any arguments posed against ospreay’s point

I love when wwe defenders do this and act like a statement is totally laughable and silly on its face, when it is correct and true

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Its very weird how the last 20+ years suddenly didn't happen for a lot of people just because NXT had good PPVs.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

rotinaj posted:

I do not detect any arguments posed against ospreay’s point

I love when wwe defenders do this and act like a statement is totally laughable and silly on its face, when it is correct and true

remember that time HHH wore blackface? Remember that time HHH had sex with a dummy that was supposed to be a corpse? Remember that time HHH drugged Stephanie McMahon and married her against her will? Or that time HHH said black people should just dance and be happy and not win world titles. And these are just the storyline stuff. In real life he blocked Chyna from getting into the hall of fame until she died and he covered up for sex traffickers. The folks who idolize this man are idiots.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Will Ospreay should’ve been more incisive in his shot back to the guy sour grapesing over not landing him by claiming he was actually soft and lacked work ethic anyway.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

this isn't even the first time they have said poo poo like this. When Mox left it was either Rollins or HHH who said it was because he couldn't handle the grind. I know Rollins whined about Mox taking food off his table which is insane considering WWE has only become more profitable since AEW came into existence.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

The head of another company went onto a public stream watched by millions just before one of the biggest publicized wrestling events of the year and took a gross shot about how people who don't sign with WWE don't have the #GRINDSET, specifically targeting someone who signed with AEW because it allowed him to support his wife who lost her last husband tragically and allowed her time with family to get back on her feet. He got off easy with a small crack, someone making the same joke wrestling fans have been making for decades.

sheesh

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
WWE can be dogshit for 20 years and they have like 1 competent year and that makes up for all of it instantly. Any other company on Earth has a 1 year slump and they're dogshit now and always were and always will be. That's the mindset of the IWC.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Drakkel posted:

WWE can be dogshit for 20 years and they have like 1 competent year and that makes up for all of it instantly. Any other company on Earth has a 1 year slump and they're dogshit now and always were and always will be. That's the mindset of the IWC.

same thing happened with the prequel trilogy of star wars. Everyone said it was poo poo. Now suddenly its talked about fondly because people who liked it as kids are grown up now.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Imagine defending Greg Valentine's more boring son. Couldn't be me.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Shard posted:

remember that time HHH wore blackface? Remember that time HHH had sex with a dummy that was supposed to be a corpse? Remember that time HHH drugged Stephanie McMahon and married her against her will? Or that time HHH said black people should just dance and be happy and not win world titles. And these are just the storyline stuff. In real life he blocked Chyna from getting into the hall of fame until she died and he covered up for sex traffickers. The folks who idolize this man are idiots.

NXT is the best redemption story HHH could have possibly had.

It's insane how easily he was able to change everyone's perceptions of him.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Vandar posted:

NXT is the best redemption story HHH could have possibly had.

It's insane how easily he was able to change everyone's perceptions of him.

Every so often that image of those Redditors sending him a fruit basket creeps into my brain, like an awkward high school memory emerging for no apparent reason.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I love the delusion and pure bullshittery of this tweet

https://twitter.com/DBob9/status/1778435149853544791

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

If Jack Perry said the N word, Punk had no choice.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
I can't believe Jack Perry told CM Punk he hated unions and trans people. Just disgusting stuff, folks.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

“I just think Coke tastes better, maybe because I grew up drinking it.”

“Time to die.”

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Can't believe Perry deadnamed Punk's dog, he had it coming

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Shard posted:

There's no context or anyone reporting that Jack invoked Nemeth.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Shard posted:

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
"I just think we can work this into an angle if you're going to be leaking stupid poo poo for no reason"

Is what I'm imagining set old Brooks off, but we'll never really know anyway.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Miching Mallecho posted:

"I just think we can work this into an angle if you're going to be leaking stupid poo poo for no reason"

Is what I'm imagining set old Brooks off, but we'll never really know anyway.

since he was the original leaker, was he telling himself this in the mirror, op?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

flashy_mcflash posted:

There's no context or anyone reporting that Jack invoked Nemeth.

Didn’t you see how weirdly Punk walked up to him? This is seeming more and more plausible.

Integrated Houston
Oct 21, 2008
Perry said “Ok boomer” which is all it takes to make a Gen Xer snap

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

Goblin deez nuts amirite ladies?
I thought Punk leaked the real glass stuff to make himself sound like a real locker room leader or something

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

"You're dog looks like an ugly piece of poo poo"

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:

Goblin Queen posted:

I thought Punk leaked the real glass stuff to make himself sound like a real locker room leader or something

He did

August 15 is when the whole thing started and it wasn't Jack Perry leaking anything

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1691527519462191104

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/bretonrivera/status/1778496746496078097

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

lmao its a pretty funny shop

beepo
Oct 8, 2000
Forum Veteran

Miching Mallecho posted:

He did

August 15 is when the whole thing started and it wasn't Jack Perry leaking anything

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1691527519462191104

People seem to blame Jack Perry, but Punk reignited a dead issue and then escalated things for no reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

@Therock hey man check it... You ever kill a man or no? Hit me up. ;)

"having cool matches is bad, actually"