Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Kalli posted:

I dunno, I think I'd be much more worried about Tyron Smith going down then Mike Williams. Also you can find workable WR's later in the draft where that's much harder then with tackles.

And also the Patriots are just the Jets if they had already sustained those injuries, heh.

Kiper dropped a mock today (https://archive.ph/WbIW5) that would allow NE to trade back and still land a non-Joe Alt tackle of their choice, Brian Thomas, and Michael Penix. He had them taking Maye instead but the way other dudes fell it would be possible. I kinda doubt Thomas would be waiting for them at 23 but this is the kind of trade back windfall I could get behind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I actively dislike Penix as a prospect so sure, go with that dart through. Pats drafting Maye would scare me most.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Maye is what I want to happen. But if they ARE going to trade out, at least fix several glaring holes and also take a flier on QB outside of the first.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Ryan Flournoy is not an NFL receiver name.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
The Pats should just draft three WRs with their first three picks. gently caress it.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Kalli posted:

I dunno, I think I'd be much more worried about Tyron Smith going down then Mike Williams. Also you can find workable WR's later in the draft where that's much harder then with tackles.

They can definitely find a decent slot guy in the 3rd round or trade a future pick to jump back up into the 2nd to snag a legit starter. Alternatively every other TE will be available in the 3rd round.

It's bananas to me that they'd consider anything but o-line at their pick when the need and value will be incredibly strong where they're at. Not to mention the single most important part of their offense is keeping Rodgers upright. Rodgers with no receivers but healthy will still be the best offense they've had in decades

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

In order of my preference 2 weeks out.

Draft one of the top 3 WRs if any fall.
Trade back, draft OL
Draft OL
Trade up for WR
Draft Bowers

Draft defense

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Rip OJ

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Sure.
https://twitter.com/RichCimini/status/1778446766624399846

Nov 6, 2002

A real Bills legend, who represents everything the organization stands for. Putting an end to dreams.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Cool, he's turned into a useful player. Don't exactly feel good about the safety room though.

Is he the first Douglas draft pick to get a second contract???

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Professor Funk posted:

Cool, he's turned into a useful player. Don't exactly feel good about the safety room though.

Is he the first Douglas draft pick to get a second contract???

lol lmao

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

2k in 14 games :worship:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

t a s t e posted:

2k in 14 games :worship:

Slashing through defenses

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

A real Bills legend, who represents everything the organization stands for

Slurping Fireball out of a buttcrack in the parking lot?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Docjowles posted:

Slurping Fireball out of a buttcrack in the parking lot?

Pretty sure that happened on Juiced.

Nov 6, 2002

lol, they're hosed

https://twitter.com/BabzOnTheMic/status/1778446972086517776

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
this is like the coaching staff equivalent of Best Shape of His Life

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

https://x.com/AjayCybulski/status/1778483886621700157

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

They're gonna be the first team to go 0-17

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

I didn't have any expectations for them next year beyond hopefully not ruin a young QB again.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I think everyone is pretty thoroughly over Rodgers, but I still appreciate a lil' Art Bell to liven up a workday.

https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1778500044871598495

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Kalli posted:

I think everyone is pretty thoroughly over Rodgers, but I still appreciate a lil' Art Bell to liven up a workday.

lol the "I Can Fly" podcast

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Florio's intern listened so I didn't have to.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Kalli posted:

Hell yeah

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Man Bowers worries the poo poo out of me. He's small, he's really a slot WR and not a TE. He'll require a OC to scheme him open and the Jets have the worst OC in the NFL by miles. I would VASTY prefer one of the WR's

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I don’t really like Bowers for the Jets either. I guess if you wanted to glass half full it, he will be with the team for years longer than Hackett so he should eventually get a shot under a real OC

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I don’t think you really need to be a Shanahan level genius to run 12 personnel at a higher clip. Barring that he’s essentially a big slot receiver.

That said I would also much prefer WR over him but the overwhelming likelihood is that none of the top 3 last until 10.

https://twitter.com/richcimini/status/1778535395866878087?s=46

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

I think Bowers is being aggressively overthought at this point. The "he lines up in the slot" thing is a perfect example--he's not "really a slot WR," he lined up as a traditional TE on like 50% of his snaps at Georgia, and then lined up in the slot, at H-Back, and as an X/Y receiver the rest of the time. He's a really versatile pass catcher in a league where those types of guys can totally change an offense. He wouldn't be my top choice at 10, but I would be totally content with it if that's how the board falls.

I do agree about Hackett limiting Bowers. But the Jets actually moved their receivers all over the alignment last year, so maybe that gives you some hope that they would utilize him decently well. Hackett sucks rear end though so that's maybe a slim hope.

Edit: I think my preferences are basically the same as Diva. I probably should have taken Fatanau in the Goon Draft but I decided the chalky weapon would be more fun than the chalky offensive lineman.

Professor Funk fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Apr 12, 2024

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

https://twitter.com/JetsTank/status/1778591917070065728

jets twitter baby

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

lol I was going to post this to troll you. He even released a statement!!

https://twitter.com/tonypayments/status/1778542440082800829?s=46&t=Q9JsEynxHxZ9F2lOwU2Uuw

https://twitter.com/boygreen25/status/1778575036778951137?s=46&t=Q9JsEynxHxZ9F2lOwU2Uuw

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Everyone who has been a jets fan over the last 20 years has a brain that has turned to pudding. At least i'm able to limit myself to my pudding brain leaking allover this website most of the time. twitter is where the advanced pudding brains live.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Professor Funk posted:

Edit: I think my preferences are basically the same as Diva. I probably should have taken Fatanau in the Goon Draft but I decided the chalky weapon would be more fun than the chalky offensive lineman.
I will not be disappointed in any pick aside from defense honestly, let alone Bowers. He’s pretty universally in the top 5-10 prospects and he’d be more fun than an OL that if all goes to plan (lol Jets) wouldn’t really play this year.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Professor Funk posted:

I think Bowers is being aggressively overthought at this point. The "he lines up in the slot" thing is a perfect example--he's not "really a slot WR," he lined up as a traditional TE on like 50% of his snaps at Georgia, and then lined up in the slot, at H-Back, and as an X/Y receiver the rest of the time. He's a really versatile pass catcher in a league where those types of guys can totally change an offense. He wouldn't be my top choice at 10, but I would be totally content with it if that's how the board falls.

I do agree about Hackett limiting Bowers. But the Jets actually moved their receivers all over the alignment last year, so maybe that gives you some hope that they would utilize him decently well. Hackett sucks rear end though so that's maybe a slim hope.

I feel like I've been hearing about this exact kind of player coming out in the draft every year for like a decade and they always top out at like 3 tds and 400 yards.

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Anderson Koopa posted:

I didn't have any expectations for them next year beyond hopefully not ruin a young QB again.

Sounds like the Patriots are going to ruin another QB.

https://www.nbcsportsboston.com/nfl/new-england-patriots/adam-schefter-patriots-report-2024-nfl-draft/602599/?amp=1

I'm not sold on Maye or McCarthy.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I’m gonna need to stash an emergency bottle of booze to prep for the possibility of #3 overall pick Jonathan James McCarthy

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
I'd rather roll with Mac Jones again than JJ McCarthy

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Why did everyone get down on Maye? I remember him being the consensus #2 QB all season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I think Maye still is in most of the respected draftnik boards.

TFF swung in Daniels’ favor a bit but we collectively know poo poo.