Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
COPE VS PENTA 44 59.46%
LIONHOOK SHIBATA VS STP 4 5.41%
OKADA VS A GUY 6 8.11%
MAY VS JAY 6 8.11%
JOE VS RHODES 14 18.92%
Total: 74 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

@Therock hey man check it... You ever kill a man or no? Hit me up. ;)

My Lovely Horse posted:

Either Claudio is gonna catch Ospreay into a Giant Swing or Ospreay is gonna reverse it into something but either way it'll be bugfuck nuts

he's gonna reverse it into a canadian destroyer and i will lose my goddamn mind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

It's honestly pretty crazy how many potential match announcements between currently contracted AEW wrestlers there are that'll make sickos like us froth at the mouth in anticipation. Like it's such a stacked roster you can throw darts at a board and probably get a couple first time ever dream matches that could main a PPV.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

One of the guys I watch wrestling with irrationally dislikes Claudio ("he just spams European uppercuts because he can't wrestle") so when this match happens and rules I am going to hoot and holler right in his face.

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

@Therock hey man check it... You ever kill a man or no? Hit me up. ;)

explosivo posted:

It's honestly pretty crazy how many potential match announcements between currently contracted AEW wrestlers there are that'll make sickos like us froth at the mouth in anticipation. Like it's such a stacked roster you can throw darts at a board and probably get a couple first time ever dream matches that could main a PPV.

i was talking about this with some friends recently and theres a pool of like 15-20 guys you could just randomly throw together and get a MOTYC out of it

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

I've chosen my next victim. Cry tears of joy it's not you!

My Lovely Horse posted:

Either Claudio is gonna catch Ospreay into a Giant Swing or Ospreay is gonna reverse it into something but either way it'll be bugfuck nuts

Giant Swing Spanish Fly

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

CHaKKaWaKka posted:

Giant Swing Spanish Fly

if it was anyone else i'd tell you that it's impossible. But I can believe that Ospreay could pull that off.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I hope Claudio tosses this beans-on-toast motherfucker into the sun

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

like I dunno Claudio will swing him into the ropes and he'll bounce off into a flippy move or something

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

CombineThresher posted:

One of the guys I watch wrestling with irrationally dislikes Claudio ("he just spams European uppercuts because he can't wrestle") so when this match happens and rules I am going to hoot and holler right in his face.

You should European Uppercut him and then Big Swing him till he taps. Or make him watch some old pwg or roh. Maybe all of the above.

Edit: forgot to mention Chikara. The BDK was so rad. For a while anyway.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Bring back the Kings of Wrestling, already!! gently caress!!!!

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

I hope Claudio tosses this beans-on-toast motherfucker into the sun

he eats natto for breakfast now japan fixed him thankfully

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Fuckin lol at all the extreme sicko levels of good matches

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Joey McChrist posted:

What's his opinion on hot sauce this is important

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Joey McChrist posted:

word is he was impressed that Japan came up with something even grosser than English "cuisine" could possibly muster

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Sandman from ECW posted:

Bring back the Kings of Wrestling, already!! gently caress!!!!

K O W KINGS!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cueFAz9p10s

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
Can’t make it to the arena next Wednesday. :negative:

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

tony khan has done it. I love will ospreay now. cant believe I used to be a hater.

Integrated Houston
Oct 21, 2008

Ringo Roadagain posted:

tony khan has done it. I love will ospreay now. cant believe I used to be a hater.

Glad to see another sicko is eatin’ the natto

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Ganso Bomb posted:

I don’t follow NJPW enough to know if it’s possible but part of me is intrigued enough by the possibility of Mox beating Naito on Friday to buy that show.

But then I remember that the US NJPW live shows are almost always a complete poo poo show quality-wise.

Ugh, never mind. Looked at the card and was reminded that NJPW insists on booking Matt loving Riddle for some god forsaken reason.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
true but we do get the pleasure of watching ZSJ twist him into knots

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Ringo Roadagain posted:

Join the club!

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

For a brief, glorious moment in time the indy’s collectively had the sickest tag division ever. KoW, Briscoes, Young Bucks, American Wolves, Future Shock, Wrestlings Greatest Tag Team, All Night Express, C & C Factory, Super Smash Bros, The Colony, Osirian Portal, FIST, 3.0, The Spectral Envoy, Jigsaw & Quackenbush. Probably more I’m forgetting.

2011 was probably the greatest year in my life

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Sandman from ECW posted:

Edit: forgot to mention Chikara. The BDK was so rad. For a while anyway.

BDK was always rad. Even in its final days, when it was just Jakob Hammermeier sitting on a throne in a dark room, gradually going increasingly insane, all while reading Garfield comic collections.

Carver
Jan 14, 2003

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

On the other hand, the WCW-style interviews on the stage with Renee have been kickass.

Yeah and the times they have the crowd for a backdrop is always a good decision imo

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Gavok posted:

BDK was always rad. Even in its final days, when it was just Jakob Hammermeier sitting on a throne in a dark room, gradually going increasingly insane, all while reading Garfield comic collections.

Whatever happened to Jakob? I always enjoyed that dude. There’s so many guys from that era I wish hadn’t disappeared when Chikara closed. Except the lovely ones. I’m not talking about the lovely ones.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Sandman from ECW posted:

Whatever happened to Jakob? I always enjoyed that dude. There’s so many guys from that era I wish hadn’t disappeared when Chikara closed. Except the lovely ones. I’m not talking about the lovely ones.

Looking at Cagematch, he still occasionally wrestles, but usually in promotions and matches that involve the Chikara guys from his era who weren't terrible people.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Sandman from ECW posted:

I should save this for the Hell Thread but AEW needs to get rid of the cheap Death Star back drop they’ve been using the last little while. I don’t have any better ideas though. I guess they can keep using it.

It's very late era Chikara

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Sandman from ECW posted:

For a brief, glorious moment in time the indy’s collectively had the sickest tag division ever. KoW, Briscoes, Young Bucks, American Wolves, Future Shock, Wrestlings Greatest Tag Team, All Night Express, C & C Factory, Super Smash Bros, The Colony, Osirian Portal, FIST, 3.0, The Spectral Envoy, Jigsaw & Quackenbush. Probably more I’m forgetting.

2011 was probably the greatest year in my life

You and me both. The Throwbacks, the Batiri, Bruderschaft Des Kreuzes...we were living so large.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

I miss Tim Donst so loving much

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Trying posted:

might actually be my favourite site on the internet

Holy poo poo, what a resource, awesome!

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Dax's promo after the footage is very much what FTR say and do after a show ends. Really smart to basically put a Dusty Rhodes' working man blue collar spin on it to get a crowd from West Virginia behind them. Really good poo poo.

FOLLOWED by that absolute barn burner of a promo by Will Ospreay, you want that LORE? We getting that LORE people, and it's so so good.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

You and me both. The Throwbacks, the Batiri, Bruderschaft Des Kreuzes...we were living so large.

Yesssss

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Ratings report for the Tape segment?

Not that it matters, we're so back :getin:

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Remember the Nightmare Violence Connection? :allears: :allears: :allears:

gripebomb
Dec 13, 2006

I wanted to fight the world.

- Eddie Kingston

super macho dude posted:

Ratings report for the Tape segment?

Not that it matters, we're so back :getin:

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1778518443131867436

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

CM Punk once again tanks the ratings

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

"Hey, HOOK, I want you to work with Jericho..."

https://twitter.com/WrestlePurists/status/1778516049983656435?t=KiLPB0E2Z6f1v_THNPZP3Q&s=19

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Old people and children HATE the tape

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

rats leaving the stinking ship

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mistaken For Bacon