Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I watch the TNS replays on YouTube at 0.75 speed to pick up subtle neutral tricks or routing, and that seems to be faster than the multiversus video

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Either they accidentally decided to post footage that had been deliberately slowed down even more than the last time, or it looks like they made the game painfully slow what on earth

Vermain posted:

personally, i love it when my 2024 fighting game plays like an NES title that has too many sprites on screen at once

:hmmyes: this is exactly the vibe I get

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

That is an unbearable amount of hitlag, also

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Maybe it's some side effect of the 'high ping environment?'

Otherwise like... yeah, that is insanely slow.

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

yes it definitely did

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Elephunk posted:

yes it definitely did

Yeah, I remember Batman just zooming all over the screen before, but now he looks as fast as Superman did in the beta period

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

It may be slower but at least it's unreadable too.

I had to pause to figure out what Shaggy was throwing. Some of the blame might have towards twitter for their awful low res video encode though.

(It's a sandwich. That he digs out of the ground?)

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Trillhouse posted:

It may be slower but at least it's unreadable too.

I had to pause to figure out what Shaggy was throwing. Some of the blame might have towards twitter for their awful low res video encode though.

(It's a sandwich. That he digs out of the ground?)

He has a smash legacy moveset, that's peach's turnip dig, he has falcon knee, I think he can also pop his shirt off if I remember my $49.99 correctly

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It's still very cool that basically every other character has a moveset that feels right for the character and pulls from their works and Shaggy is based on a meme that died two years before the beta came out

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

they referenced the meme in one of the random TV movies so i guess its canon now

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

wait, what's the meme? I'm out of the loop.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Shaggy having an incredible power similar to that of a Super Saiyan of Dragon's Ball

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Endorph posted:

they referenced the meme in one of the random TV movies so i guess its canon now

The TV movie is where the meme came from.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Trillhouse posted:

wait, what's the meme? I'm out of the loop.

https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/ultra-instinct-shaggy posted:

About
Ultra Instinct Shaggy is an Ultra Instinct Remix featuring the character Shaggy from Scooby-Doo undergoing the "ultra instinct" transformation of Goku from Dragon Ball Super. After an Ultra Instinct Remix featuring Shaggy grew popular, the character developed a fandom online.

Origin
On October 12th, 2017, YouTuber Midya posted an Ultra Instinct Remix featuring Shaggy fighting a gang of thugs from the 2011 film Scooby-Doo! Legend of the Phantosaur, featuring the song “Ultimate Battle” from the Dragon Ball Super soundtrack playing in the background. The video has since been deleted, but was reuploaded by YouTuber RoastedCurry in January 2019 (shown below).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBc4U_R3yEY

so a movie had a weird out of place section where shaggy somehow beats up a whole biker bar and someone edited goku music into it

which then inspired a bunch of people to make art of shaggy going super saiyan

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Apr 11, 2024

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Endorph posted:

ImpAtom posted:

I think the first official reference to it was the intro to Mortal Kombat: Battle of the Realms, where Scorpion does ninja stuff around the WB logo until a glowing Shaggy grabs him by the neck and goes, "Get over here, man!" and pulls him away.

It's still hilarious that after years of Mortal Kombat getting ignored by Super Smash Bros., their parent company made a Smash clone and still didn't use any Mortal Kombat characters.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

i dunno if LeBron James would have been ok with his likeness getting his spine ripped out

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

i dunno if LeBron James would have been ok with his likeness getting his spine ripped out

Depends on the mood.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhVhdN4haRY

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

no they referenced it more explicitly in another

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Endorph posted:

no they referenced it more explicitly in another

Oh, my bad.

Edit: Oh good, you have a new cute avatar.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Multiversus is toast. It's completely smoked. That's what they did to it? There's no way.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

He was apparently fine with Velma being able to call the cops on him

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Reiley posted:

Multiversus is toast. It's completely smoked. That's what they did to it? There's no way.

some people are saying they slowed it down on purpose but if you look at the timer its moving at a normal speed. they 100% made it this slow on purpose lmfao

ImpAtom posted:

Edit: Oh good, you have a new cute avatar.

ty

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://www.hitboxarcade.com/pages/licensing

:lol:

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Endorph posted:

some people are saying they slowed it down on purpose but if you look at the timer its moving at a normal speed. they 100% made it this slow on purpose lmfao

They're talking about their netcode but they don't even need netcode if it plays like that. You can play this game over the US Postal Service. You can play it by correspondence.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
The caption is confusing as hell it implies that the game slows down if the connection is bad to maintain a smooth performance? But that's an insane solution.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Reiley posted:

They're talking about their netcode but they don't even need netcode if it plays like that. You can play this game over the US Postal Service. You can play it by correspondence.

jon snow plays that poo poo on a crow

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

mycot posted:

The caption is confusing as hell it implies that the game slows down if the connection is bad to maintain a smooth performance? But that's an insane solution.

If u can't do rollback this (input lag) is what you end up with to solve the problem. As someone who has never seen the game, the speed doesn't bother me as much as the weird way the character models and effects overlap when they're on top of each other. It's very difficult to read for seemingly no benefit, it looks unrefined.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It does not look like a game made with any sort of passion whatsoever. The whole thing just feels really cynical and gross for some reason to me.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the crypto-esque rugpull they pulled with the 'beta' crap doesnt help

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
I was rewatching the video and decided to look at the comments to see what people were saying, and a lot of people are saying that the characters look bigger? I don't see it.

The camera starts off closer to the action than I remember from the beta, but the characters themselves don't look bigger compared to the stage

Waffleman_ posted:

It does not look like a game made with any sort of passion whatsoever. The whole thing just feels really cynical and gross for some reason to me.

I think whatever passion was there has been long destroyed by WBD

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

frankly i think if you play it at this point youre a moron. +r is 3 dollars and has robo-ky in it play that

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

at absolute minimum this has to be the absolute worst way they could show their first gameplay footage (I think?) of the relaunch

it's absolute garbage

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

list of fighting games that you can play instead of multiversus:

strive
xrd
+r
missing link
alpha 2
alpha 3
3rd strike
eternal fighter zero
touhou iamp
touhou hisoutensoku
touhou unthinkable natural law
street fighter iv
street fighter 5
super turbo
street fighter 6
dust strikers
blazblue
blayzbloo
tales of acs
dissidia 012
smash melee
smash ultimate
smash 64
rivals of aether
skullgirls
marvel 2
marvel 3
marvel 1
xmen vs street fighter
hokuto no ken
sengoku basara
anarchy reigns
the vs mode in kingdom hearts 358/2 days
puzzle bobble
puzzle fighter
puyo vs tetris
the vs mode in revenge of the sith for the xbox
soul calibur 2
soul calibur 6
tekken 8
tekken 3
those games in japanese bathrooms where you have to piss harder than the previous person who used the urinal

Barudak
May 7, 2007

drat, gonna have to stop playing Killer Instinct I guess.

See yall at toilet stream battle side tourney at evo japan

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

killer instinct is fine since the battletoad is top tier i think and thats funny to me

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

I never could figure out how on earth those Yakuza mini games worked

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

most of the page is trying to spin this as a "nintendo seal of quality" thing where they just give the "best" controller makers a logo

but then there's one line saying "btw we will sue your rear end for patent infringement if you dont get in line and sign up"
I wonder how enforcable that patent actually is

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
is hitbox still in a pissing match with junkfood

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
sounds like they're in a pissing match with the entire fgc now lol
the only "licensee" listed on the page is paradise arcade so any all button controller besides the mpress is in the crosshairs now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
What’s the end game sue the companies on copyright infringement or some poo poo? If that was the case this many alternatives wouldn’t have proliferated already, right?

What does this accomplish for them other than make them look like jackasses?