Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
COPE VS PENTA 44 59.46%
LIONHOOK SHIBATA VS STP 4 5.41%
OKADA VS A GUY 6 8.11%
MAY VS JAY 6 8.11%
JOE VS RHODES 14 18.92%
Total: 74 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

rotinaj posted:

hey uh maybe I am failing at my searching abilities but I cannot find a clean uploaded copy of the theme song for shane taylor and shane taylor promotions

even the official AEW account seems to only have clips of it

what's the deal with that?

Shane Taylor Promotions ultimate move, the cease and desist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

might be a good thing for HOOK really if he went over to NJPW or Impact for a bit and tried out some stuff on his own. he's still really young

can't wait for his debut in NXT as Tasman Claw

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Hefty Leftist posted:

might be a good thing for HOOK really if he went over to NJPW or Impact for a bit and tried out some stuff on his own. he's still really young

That'd be great, yeah. No qualms with him in AEW but getting some extra experience in other places can be a good thing. At least he'd do well with an excursion.

King Of Coons
May 5, 2006
Id like lee v shibata to be pure rules

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

King Of Coons posted:

Id like lee v shibata to be pure rules

It WILL rule, purely. :v:

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan
haven't been to a Collision yet, the start time is listed as 7:00. do they do ROH tapings before the show or is that only Dynamite?

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

They do some before and some after.

Happiness
Oct 10, 2004

rotinaj posted:

hey uh maybe I am failing at my searching abilities but I cannot find a clean uploaded copy of the theme song for shane taylor and shane taylor promotions

even the official AEW account seems to only have clips of it

what's the deal with that?

it's by swerve collaborator monteasy who said a video was coming soon at one point and then seemingly never posted one

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Rating is up due to the hot new star - Chris Hero. I need to see him in the background at least once per episode now, reacting.

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

Goblin deez nuts amirite ladies?

Tato posted:

Rating is up due to the hot new star - Chris Hero. I need to see him in the background at least once per episode now, reacting.

I would pop if a backstage fight segment ends by just panning over to Chris Hero looking deeply disappointed.

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

They do some before and some after.

I remembered they typically do it after but BotB is after it this week so maybe they're frontloading. thanks!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

hope SHOOK leaves soon

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Barry Bluejeans posted:

interesting that FD will in fact be in New York given the story that emerged the other day, though specifying Long Island makes me think they're running Nassau Coliseum instead of Arthur Ashe

I'm going so whichever is cheaper works for me

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I’m excited to see this

https://x.com/tonykhan/status/1778254292580729261?s=46

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

illcendiary posted:

He’s gonna run Corpus Christi and do big numbers

Noooooo that's so far

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

projecthalaxy posted:

Luckily, what's still free is reading the Ryback's take on the footage

Ryback continues to be right

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Insane number of punk cultists on twitter replying to every dude that speaks ill of their leader

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

illcendiary posted:

He’s gonna run Corpus Christi and do big numbers

Pass, that hellhole is cursed. Edinburg already proved we are top notch Colliders, we deserve the pape. :colbert:

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Jiro posted:

Pass, that hellhole is cursed. Edinburg already proved we are top notch Colliders, we deserve the pape. :colbert:

Cosigned.

Give us a pape, Tony!

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i went to the first dynamite in corpus, there was a sick hangman and kenny vs lucha bros match on it

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Hefty Leftist posted:

can't wait for his debut in NXT as Tasman Claw

The G in G1 stands for guapo!

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

i work from home but im gonna see some coworkers next month for a work thing. anyway, im going to sucker punch them and then weakly choke them and declare "you've just been punk'd!"

hopefully they're familiar with 00s MTV prank shows and professional wrestling

Big Queefy
Jan 27, 2013

The next Don of NXT.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

An anonymous source who definitely positively absolutely was not Taz stated

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://x.com/teamkaos1998/status/1778299107817193672?s=46&t=_v3L--jlsEKPoIDfuIGAUA

:yeah:

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Something something, I don't work Tuesdays

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
The nose knows

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Pretty cool Mike Mansury interview
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zE9NcPbaDk8

He wasn't a fan of red/blue set (too WWE)

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones

Sir Tonk posted:

Insane number of punk cultists on twitter replying to every dude that speaks ill of their leader

He didn't have this many blind fans post-Brawl In, which makes me think that the number of Punk cultists probably grew exponentially since he went back to WWE. Not surprisingly, most of these now-fans of Punk were the same folks who didn't care at all for Punk when he first returned to wrestling in AEW.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Aight episode of dynamite. The footage was fine I guess. Just kinda reinforced everything I already thought about Punk (that's he's a soft rear end pain to work with), and honestly was not really needed to run the angle, the promos would have been fine to better without the footage imo, but hey they delivered and it was exactly what I thought it would be.

Osprey is gold everytime he's on TV. Okada the same. Mariah May is some big fun for the women's division. Her new stardom friend is cool and I'm sure will be a treat to watch in the ring. More Mariah May pls

Dynasty is gonna be good, might be my one ppv I pony up for this year.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Kennel posted:

:siren: iggy reference at 3:50 :siren:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

mike mansury is a very progressive symphonic metal band member name

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Two very happy people in a fire

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Long-Time Lurker posted:

He didn't have this many blind fans post-Brawl In, which makes me think that the number of Punk cultists probably grew exponentially since he went back to WWE. Not surprisingly, most of these now-fans of Punk were the same folks who didn't care at all for Punk when he first returned to wrestling in AEW.

I would extremely like to see what a lot of these dudes felt about Charles Montgomery punk on aug 20 2021

Who else has money on the vast majority of them are going to have been saying that punk is disloyal and bad for going back to wrestling anywhere but wwe after the first dance ep of rampage

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.

Jiro posted:

Huh, I had no idea the valley had already hosted AEW, that’s fun. My only wrestling experience is an indie show at Mission High School like 25 years ago

Edit: my only valley wrestling experience lol, would be sad if that was literally the only show I’d ever been to

illcendiary fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Apr 12, 2024

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Kennel posted:

Will have to check this out tomorrow, glad I’m not the only one who felt the same about the red and blue.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

EVP Mike Mansury

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://x.com/wolverpunks/status/1778409030135779513?s=46&t=_v3L--jlsEKPoIDfuIGAUA

Time to get rid of this loser and bring back Anthony Henry

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

TK laid off the wrong people lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

loving theatre nerd agreeing with everyone that pro-wrestlers are tough guys who are built different (unlike you normies) and shouldn't be fired for assaulting a co-worker.