Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: muscles like this!)

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

zoux posted:

I remember them interrupting the NBA finals for continuous coverage of that chase, which was the weirdest thing I'd ever seen

David Hasselhoff was trying to do a ppv show that night and blames the chase for it flopping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

Rageaholic posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FALlhXl6CmA

Conan is still my favorite :allears:

I love how he stuffs all the wings in his jacket pocket after he eats them lmao

e: Oh my god, Conan is my favorite guest of this entire series

All-timer episode for sure.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Rageaholic posted:

This is amazing. He's a beast.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

It's interesting how many "OJ Died" headlines I'm seeing downplay the, you know, murders.

Nearly all of them lead with him being a "decorated football player" and some even stopped there.

I know "football player, actor, murderer (alleged for criminal, liable for civil)" is a bit much to put in a headline, but maybe just leave it as "OJ Simpson has died" and not try to cram in why he was famous in the headline.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

I started From today and I'm really enjoying it. It has to have one of the longest title sequences I've ever seen, outta curiosity, does anything beat it, in length?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

bull3964 posted:

It's interesting how many "OJ Died" headlines I'm seeing downplay the, you know, murders.

Nearly all of them lead with him being a "decorated football player" and some even stopped there.

I know "football player, actor, murderer (alleged for criminal, liable for civil)" is a bit much to put in a headline, but maybe just leave it as "OJ Simpson has died" and not try to cram in why he was famous in the headline.

Must be a weird American thing, every one I’ve seen over here leads with it

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
Of all the days I wish Norm Macdonald was still alive(everyday) this is the day I wish he was still alive the most.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Monarch was renewed for another season along with more Monsterverse spin offs. Although they haven't said what said spin offs will be about.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

bentacos posted:

Of all the days I wish Norm Macdonald was still alive(everyday) this is the day I wish he was still alive the most.

Good lord this x1000

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

I watched Monarch a couple weeks ago, and it was so much better than I expected.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

I've been meaning to watch those Wings videos. Other than Conan what are must sees?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Shageletic posted:

I've been meaning to watch those Wings videos. Other than Conan what are must sees?
Gordon Ramsay is another all-time great guest that comes to mind. He's been on there a couple times.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I remember the Idris Elba and Weird Al ones being great

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Maya Rudolph

Also Sydney Sweeney if you want to see some real psychopath poo poo.

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

Rageaholic posted:

I just watched this on my lunch break and it's gotta be the hardest I've laughed in weeks.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
That is easily one of the best Hot Ones episodes ever I mean god drat

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

Rageaholic posted:

lol goddamn

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

swickles posted:

Maya Rudolph

Was she actually on? I thought it was just a clip from her show on Apple TV.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I still like Alton Brown's. Completely unbothered by the wings, giving critiques of the sauces

Stegosnaurlax
Apr 30, 2023

Rageaholic posted:

Sean "I've got a little tear"

Conan "That's because you're meeting your idol, i get that a lot with people in your demographic"

I could watch Conan riff all day

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Think I'm gonna try to get into Evil, only ever watched the first two eps so I guess I'll start over

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Oh my god, this week's Delicious in Dungeon is absolutely amazing.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

muscles like this! posted:

What a great show.

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

You wait for the war to happen like vultures.
If you want to help, prevent the war.
Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.
Just finished the netflix "documentary" The Antisocial Network and there seems to be a lot of important context missing. Wasn't Moot banned from SA for being a pedo and that's why he started 4chan?

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

muscles like this! posted:

Have they got back to the whole cooking show conceit yet? I was very disappointed that like 6 or so episodes in that got almost entirely dropped in favor of the story of the party rescuing the girl from the dragon and haven't kept up for the last couple weeks :(

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Every episode they eat something. Not always something in depth though.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Yeah, but early on it seemed like its whole deal was "it's a YouTube cooking show but takes place in a fantasy dungeon" where the majority of the episode was about discussing the ingredients, ecology, and the way they cook and I thought that was very fun. After a while it felt like it was becoming a standard fantasy adventure anime but they'd just arbitrarily have a scene where they ate food and I wasn't into that nearly as much.

I've been told that the manga eventually gets back to being a cooking show though.

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Apr 12, 2024

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Fallout is flawed but still pretty solid, though I don’t know how different the opinion of someone who’s never played the games would be to mine. I personally think the show largely nails the tone of the games, but I genuinely can’t tell if it sets up some of the setting’s core premises well enough for newbies or if I’m just taking a lot of the weirdness for granted since I already know the context for all of it.

For example, the fact that even the flashbacks still take place in the future of 2077ish and not the literal 1950s. Sure it gives you the actual date a few times but I don’t think it ever really spells out that this is kind of a “lateral” future where things like the civil rights movement and the creation of computers still happened but everything else culturally, socially, and politically basically stagnated after the 1950s and never really progressed for the next 120 years.

But then again, I’m not even sure that context is all that important. The show lives or dies each scene based on the cast, with Walton Goggins obviously doing a lot of the heavy lifting, but Ella Purnell and Aaron Moten are a lot of fun as well. Especially after the first couple episodes once they meet up. The season’s plot meanders a lot, which I could see some folks absolutely hating, but I honestly found it to be a faithful way of replicating the feel of the games. The main plot isn’t all that interesting, but some of the side threads like pre-bomb Goggins finding out about Vault-Tec’s shady dealings and Purnell and Moten stumbling upon a vault populated by human-creature hybrids are fun.

Some of the plot beats and the use of flashback really make me think of Westworld season 1, even moreso when Goggins is onscreen doing his very Man In Black gunslinger thing. And I guess that makes sense given that Jonathan Nolan & Lisa Joy are involved.

I guess that makes it a light recommend? It’s only 8 episodes and Walton Goggins is reason enough to binge it imo.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
A few episodes in and it's really enjoyable. I think they're executing many things better than the games can or have.

Also if you watch Evil and want to see Leland get a time out, you get it fairly quick here!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Rageaholic posted:

I've never watched Hot Ones before and I never will again, because holy poo poo how could anything top that? :stwoon:

Stegosnaurlax
Apr 30, 2023

Jerusalem posted:

I've never watched Hot Ones before and I never will again, because holy poo poo how could anything top that? :stwoon:

You need a control episode to see how other people handle it. Because Coney crushing it means nothing otherwise.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

David Blaine was pretty chill about the hot sauce as well if I recall.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Big McHuge posted:

Just finished the netflix "documentary" The Antisocial Network and there seems to be a lot of important context missing. Wasn't Moot banned from SA for being a pedo and that's why he started 4chan?

I don't think he was banned for being a pedo but 4chan's creation was prompted by a purge of pedos from the anime forum.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Iirc he was only banned after 4chan was around for a while.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I just watched the first episode and thought it was pretty enjoyable. Also I always say this but pretty much any time I worry that people who haven't read the material a show or movie is adapted from are going to be lost, they never - or at least seldom - are. My mom told me she was watching Halo and I was like "wtf" but she's like "I don't care about the video game stuff I just like the show". I'll probably recommend this to her as well, she liked Silo a lot.

Is this the first time that Goggins is playing a stone cold badass since Boyd? I can understand why he's been doing more comedic or less serious roles, he'd be pretty easy to get typecast as a stone cold badass, he's so good at it.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

Finished Fallout and I'm very satisfied with how it turned out. It really exceeded my expectations. It's still super fresh but there aren't any huge issues that stand out for me righr now except maybe the waterchip story that was just dropped? I'm hoping that'll be picked up in the next season and wasn't just a throwaway reference.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

Jerusalem posted:

Yeah, this episode is the GOAT but the one that got me started watching was the Kevin "My teeth are sweating!" Hart episode. The one with Tyra "I want my mama" Banks was good. Stone Cold "I need to check my heart rate" Steve Austin, also.

For episodes where the guest doesn't freak out, Rachel Ray, Charlize Theron, and Halle Berry are good choices.

Man, what I would give for an Anthony Bourdain episode....

"Careful 'round the eyes" should be the show's tagline.

isaboo fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Apr 12, 2024

demostars
Apr 8, 2020

IRQ posted:

Iirc he was only banned after 4chan was around for a while.

moot's not even banned lol you can check the Leper's Colony

https://forums.somethingawful.com/banlist.php?userid=32422

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

zoux posted:

Is this the first time that Goggins is playing a stone cold badass since Boyd? I can understand why he's been doing more comedic or less serious roles, he'd be pretty easy to get typecast as a stone cold badass, he's so good at it.

Goggins has said he much prefers comedic roles--and he really does have absolutely phenomenal timing for it--and I think he wanted to put some distance between himself and Boyd for a while.

Also, just saw that after three months of marriage, the "Golden Bachelor" and his wife have decided to divorce. Oh, that's a drat shame. No one could have ever seen that coming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

That just makes sense, he can't be The Bachelor if he's married. Whole scenario was structurally unsound from the get go, the showrunners should be embarrassed.