Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Stunt-Puffin
May 19, 2023
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
I used to be an MMA coach and I shared a gym with a Systema coach for a while. Systema is the dumbest cult poo poo I've ever seen, it's literally just erotic hypnosis pretending to be a combat art.

Whenever I watched his class I felt loving awful for the students.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DiomedesGodshill
Feb 21, 2009

He must have been taught by Steven Seagal.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/blyskavka_ua/status/1778477490517782574
:fuckoff:

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/Gerashchenko_en/status/1778452418264531024
:lmao: get hosed

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Orthodox combat wizards: "There is a fell voice on the wind"

NATO command:

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
Flooding in Russia?
Sounds like a job for the navy.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Guess it was a big mistake to also have tasked the orthodox combat wizards with the collection of duties and tariffs on foreign cigarettes. They’ve lost their edge at scrying and divining but can probably spot a counterfeit tax stamp from 6 km away while incarnated as a celestial hawk or egret.

Lord Awkward
Feb 16, 2012

Avirosb posted:

Flooding in Russia?
Sounds like a job for the navy.

Waiting for the first Ukrainian naval drone kill of a Russian tank, odds are improving

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

Here is the original article with a google translate. Basically a 12 meter water line cuts through the center of the facility but estimates for the peak is from 9m-14m. If the water rises to 12 meters half of the facility will be down for a while. 13 it would need an overhaul and hopefully a lot of equipment would be rendered useless.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Stunt-Puffin posted:

I used to be an MMA coach and I shared a gym with a Systema coach for a while. Systema is the dumbest cult poo poo I've ever seen, it's literally just erotic hypnosis pretending to be a combat art.

Whenever I watched his class I felt loving awful for the students.

Systema is the art of defending yourself from drunks while drunk

it is the perfect Russian fighting style

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

Can we send Ukraine some of those firefighting water bomber planes?

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

ought ten posted:

Can we send Ukraine some of those firefighting water bomber planes?

B-2s please.

Vaginaface
Aug 26, 2013

HEY REI HEY REI,
do vaginaface!

Lord Awkward posted:

Waiting for the first Ukrainian naval drone kill of a Russian tank, odds are improving

A country with no navy promoting artillery to submarines

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

How do we know the drat wasn't hit by AARP

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

age discrimination looks bad but do you really want them building damns

haddedam
Feb 19, 2024

by Fluffdaddy
Ruski mir really doesn't give a dam about it's citizens

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Shittyest Mir in terms of combat since Frank imho.

haddedam
Feb 19, 2024

by Fluffdaddy
Hey I liked true detective season 2 for the atmosphere.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

lol the Russian navy

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars
for some reason, I doubt that if the attacks on refineries stopped, Russia would stop attacking civilian targets

Poland and Finland are stinky because they have toilets indoors :barf:

https://twitter.com/Gerashchenko_en/status/1778680277369286833

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Russia's been bombing Ukrainian power plants and infrastructure for two years, so yeah gently caress off poopin

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Dwesa posted:

for some reason, I doubt that if the attacks on refineries stopped, Russia would stop attacking civilian targets

i was gonna say lol Hawaii was totally traditional Russian land but they did in fact have expeditions there

learn something new all the time

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler

Alan Smithee posted:

i was gonna say lol Hawaii was totally traditional Russian land but they did in fact have expeditions there

learn something new all the time

Don't forget Antarctica, discovered by a Russian.

(There is a techno thriller where the Soviets invade Antarctica for some rare mineral to make super weapons and in it they give the discovery by Fabian Gottlieb von Bellingshausen, a Russian, as the basis for their claim. It sounded so ridiculous at the time)

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

CeeJee posted:

Don't forget Antarctica, discovered by a Russian.

(There is a techno thriller where the Soviets invade Antarctica for some rare mineral to make super weapons and in it they give the discovery by Fabian Gottlieb von Bellingshausen, a Russian, as the basis for their claim. It sounded so ridiculous at the time)

Guessing most of the audience would not have heard of Baltic Germans either so they'd be like "oh sure 100% traditional Russian name right there lmao"

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Some German guy was an agent for Russian diplomacy in Hawaii too

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Dwesa posted:

They were warned to not attack Ukraine's civilian infrastructure last year. This can end with all of their refineries ending up in ruins in exchange, it's only fair.

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
Harry Potter and the systema defense against the satanic elites

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind

mobby_6kl posted:

Russia's been bombing Ukrainian power plants and infrastructure for two years, so yeah gently caress off poopin
They were kinda stupid to escalate maximally (short of nuclear weapons) right from the start since it makes any threat they make completely impotent as they're doing whatever they're threatening regardless. Like if they weren't attacking Ukrainian infrastructure they might actually get Ukraine to think twice about hitting the oil plants.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

During the week I was drinking with a Ukrainian veteran whom I've gotten to know over the last couple of months here in the UK, and every so often between his (surprisingly enthusiatic) war stories I show him some of the more absurd stuff being reported, usually from this thread. And then we got to that video, the report on the Forest Doorbell Fiasco.

I have never seen such a look of bewilderment develop on a human face. He's there, drink in hand, listening to the Ukrainian account of events, and his expression went from "odd idea but okay" to "they loving pressed it?!", all without words. Eventually, he uttered "what the gently caress?" and started laughing uncontrollably.

:allears:

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1778774365267460589

quote:

Russians living in lala-land again 🤪

"According to unconfirmed information, the first units of the French Foreign Legion have been moved closer to the line of contact in the area of Sloviansk".

Earlier, spokeswoman of the Russian Ministry of Defense Maria Zakharova claimed that France is preparing 1500 soldiers to be deployed in Ukraine.
Get your brand new cope, hot off the presses

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/wartranslated/status/1778734749395132872

quote:

Relatives of mobilised Russian soldiers from the 114th "Meat Brigade" are asking Vladimir Putin and David Sacks to look into their situation. According to their message, the infamous brigade is pulling soldiers from Territorial Defence units to send them into "meat assaults", resulting in losses of half of the personnel.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

What the gently caress is David Sacks going to do? Like the Bird scooter silicon valley investor podcast guy?

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
Troop leader says we're not Meating our quota.

Burns
May 10, 2008

Hey ever wonder why there are never recurring videos from previous mobliks who post that stuff?

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

:hmmyes:

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Russian intelligence is half assing it again. The real plan is to have the French "invade" Ukraine and Big Z surrenders to the French and gives all Ukrainian controlled territory to France for a year or two to end the "hostilities" between them. It's a bullshit, bald faced, in the open, Russian style lie of course and temporary to boot, but it makes Ukraine technically France.

If Putin can invade and pretend he's fighting NATO anyway, why can't NATO invade and pretend to win a war? He keeps saying they are at war with NATO either way.

Defending "Eastern France" sounds just like what Article 5 was meant for.

Maybe they should even move a couple nukes in since they used to have them but lost them in a treaty. Seems like they should have some back.

Now that would be escalation!

Putin is a real piece of poo poo.

hydroceramics
Jan 8, 2014

Burns posted:

Hey ever wonder why there are never recurring videos from previous mobliks who post that stuff?

It's because the Tsar heard their pleas and addressed them, right? :ohdear:

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Burns posted:

From what I know, there's actually been one or two recurring appeal videos from some lucky survivors. Then their luck tended to run out anyway shortly after that.

numptyboy
Sep 6, 2004
somewhat pleasant

Sedgr posted:

Russian intelligence is half assing it again. The real plan is to have the French "invade" Ukraine and Big Z surrenders to the French and gives all Ukrainian controlled territory to France for a year or two to end the "hostilities" between them. It's a bullshit, bald faced, in the open, Russian style lie of course and temporary to boot, but it makes Ukraine technically France.

If Putin can invade and pretend he's fighting NATO anyway, why can't NATO invade and pretend to win a war? He keeps saying they are at war with NATO either way.

Defending "Eastern France" sounds just like what Article 5 was meant for.

Maybe they should even move a couple nukes in since they used to have them but lost them in a treaty. Seems like they should have some back.

Now that would be escalation!

Putin is a real piece of poo poo.

It's like they can't conceive of a world that's moved on from the Napoleonic war.

Every single piece of bs seems framed in some weird 18th centrury lense , almost as if they are virtue singalling to their amateur historian pant making GBS threads leader.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Well, 19th century was the last century when Russian society didn't completely just collapse at some point, so they are gunning for that one.