Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

Starting up a new game with an incredibly light mod list and realizing how many QoL mods I'm missing. Pawns are so bad at hauling in Vanilla

VideoWitch fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Apr 12, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

John Diefenbaker is a madman who thinks he's John Diefenbaker.
Pillbug
lol @ the Allow Tool mod breaking ghouls

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

Oh that would explain what was breaking my ghoul

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Strongly advising against building the torment nexus, or allowing the torment nexus to be built

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Strongly advising against building the torment nexus, or allowing the torment nexus to be built

You can't tell me what to do

aghhh ouughhh

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Tech bro neighbors: So we built that Torment Nexus everyone is always yapping about.

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

VideoWitch posted:

Oh that would explain what was breaking my ghoul

I seem to have a second mod break ghouls

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

RimTube thumbnail: So I BUILT the Torment Nexus??? (superimposed reaction face)

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Lysidas posted:

lol @ the Allow Tool mod breaking ghouls
Incidentally, I strongly advise people giving the game a try without the allow tool mod. "Allow all" has been a vanilla command by right clicking the allow order for ages now. The allow tool does have some niche benefits beyond that, but most of what people think they need it for is already in the base game.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Eiba posted:

"Allow all" has been a vanilla command by right clicking the allow order for ages now.

are you making GBS threads me

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

Eiba posted:

Incidentally, I strongly advise people giving the game a try without the allow tool mod. "Allow all" has been a vanilla command by right clicking the allow order for ages now. The allow tool does have some niche benefits beyond that, but most of what people think they need it for is already in the base game.

No

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Can you make books? Or only find them.

Bread Enthusiast
Oct 26, 2010

Danaru posted:

are you making GBS threads me

Haha, that's literally the only reason I've had it installed for mumblymumble years. Gone!

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
priority haul

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

Eiba posted:

Allow all is a vanilla feature but it's so inconveniently located versus Allow Tool's bindings (one button allow all, or the hotkey for the tool to paint it). Plus all the other features like Harvest Fully Grown for making logging less of a hassle.

Hihohe posted:

Can you make books? Or only find them.

Only find them. Vanilla Expanded Books is pivoting to only function as a book writing mod since books themselves are a core feature now, but I don't know if that mod is updated yet.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I really dig everything to do with Anomaly but it feels more micro heavy than I care for as I am Stupid, which has hurt my enjoyment a bit. Oh well.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

I watched a trailer for the newly announced Total Warhammer 3 expansion and it looked lame as poo poo, cube wasn't even in it what the gently caress were they thinking

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

I haven't even installed the dlc and madness is already overtaking me, mashing that unsubscribe button feels so good

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Bread Enthusiast
Oct 26, 2010

I had started a new game with the 1.5 unstable last week, built up a colony from one naked neanderthal tribal lady to the age of assault rifles, and then install the DLC today and, oh let's touch the monolith.

That apparently triggered multiple waves of dozens of invisible ghost things to come swarmin' in, making a huge mess. They don't do a LOT of damage but there are so many of 'em.

Knew I should have started fresh rather than bust into Anomaly with an inflated colony wealth...

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Spooked ya!

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

I just tripped over this cool thing. If you zoom waaaaaay out, all the animals on the map glow blue. Enemies are red.

Unfortunately, the search has a really badly designed UI. If you want to know all the corpses (say) on the map, there's no way to do it. You can only search by individual names. And if you search "zebra corpse" and there are ten of them, the search results show ten individual corpses you can click on from a drop-down text list, instead of showing them on the screen.

Protip: Ghouls cannot use weapons. There is absolutely no point in picking a ghoul that is +10 shooting.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

I'm interested in seeing how modders use the new "alternate research" UI in Anomaly. Rimatomics has its own research stuff but it's kinda awkward.

EDIT: Some of the new moods are very funny.

lunar detritus fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Apr 12, 2024

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
I've just realized none of my storage mods have been updated and I'm beginning to panic.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Shelves are Just Fine in vanilla these days tbh, and OgreStack (and probably other stack size mods) are already updated if need be.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Arsenic Lupin posted:

I just tripped over this cool thing. If you zoom waaaaaay out, all the animals on the map glow blue. Enemies are red.

Yeah I love that change and I hope mods keep up with it. Nothing sucked worse than whatever mod added enemy pets owned by the Ancients that were always massive predators lurking to kill your pawns on the opening day.

I wish it would color code predators red too but that might defeat the purpose of predators being a gotcha game mechanic.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

lunar detritus posted:

I'm interested in seeing how modders use the new "alternate research" UI in Anomaly. Rimatomics has its own research stuff but it's kinda awkward.

EDIT: Some of the new moods are very funny.

What happens if they try to do lovin while that's in the room?

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Asimo posted:

Shelves are Just Fine in vanilla these days tbh, and OgreStack (and probably other stack size mods) are already updated if need be.

since they implemented shelves I have never used OgreStack again, and I really liked it before that. shelves were a really good addition just as they are. and I'm one of those giant rear end hoard collectors too.

SugarAddict posted:

What happens if they try to do lovin while that's in the room?

are you familiar with frank zappa's classic song "why does it hurt when I pee"

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
I honestly kept Rimfactory installed entirely because of the storage crates and digital storage rather than because I was using any of the automation.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Doltos posted:

Yeah I love that change and I hope mods keep up with it. Nothing sucked worse than whatever mod added enemy pets owned by the Ancients that were always massive predators lurking to kill your pawns on the opening day.

I wish it would color code predators red too but that might defeat the purpose of predators being a gotcha game mechanic.

Use Dub's minimap, it has red paws as predator icons.

isndl
May 2, 2012
Trying to dip into Anomaly content with the Rich Explorer start is pretty risky, luckily my pawn was able to beat the poo poo out of the ghost that tried to jump him. Seems like all the spooky stuff is locked behind poking the monument that starts on the map so if anyone wants to build up before opening the can of worms there is an option.

In other news, I accepted a refugee quest for an extra set of hands and then got a betrayal offer for a masterwork greatbow. Free labor is more useful at this stage but then they got the plague followed by a daze mental break from the pain so I guess I'm getting a greatbow anyways.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
you say that but a masterwork greatbow is one of the single best weapons you can get early game. greatbows are insanely under-rated

at least things all worked out in favor of the greatbow in the end

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

I started a game with the researcher start and an ideology using only the Dehumanize Yourself and Face to Bloodshed meme. I got the cube and it was cute for a while but it stopped being cute

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
Shelves are pretty great but I'm trying to play pretty base dress up and for that I need 30 different variants of pallets, crates and boxes.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
It's not supposed to be cute it's supposed to be cube

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Are you seriously saying that cube is not cute? :colbert:

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
You don't have to do the anomaly researcher start correct? Like you can access all the new anomaly stuff from any other start?

isndl
May 2, 2012

Popete posted:

You don't have to do the anomaly researcher start correct? Like you can access all the new anomaly stuff from any other start?

Yeah, there will be a spooky monument on the map similar to how Biotech adds an exostrider for starting the mechanitor stuff. Investigate it a bit and you're now in Anomaly mode.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

BattleMaster posted:

I started a game with the researcher start and an ideology using only the Dehumanize Yourself and Face to Bloodshed meme. I got the cube and it was cute for a while but it stopped being cute

yeah it became the cube

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

https://youtu.be/4aGDCE6Nrz0?si=on9Pomp2CRG0bVi2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

isndl posted:

Yeah, there will be a spooky monument on the map similar to how Biotech adds an exostrider for starting the mechanitor stuff. Investigate it a bit and you're now in Anomaly mode.

Cool, thank you.