Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
COPE VS PENTA 44 59.46%
LIONHOOK SHIBATA VS STP 4 5.41%
OKADA VS A GUY 6 8.11%
MAY VS JAY 6 8.11%
JOE VS RHODES 14 18.92%
Total: 74 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

the smoke alarm hasn't gone off in about 4 years. watch the product, numbskull

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

JUNGLE BOY posted:

and who would you have tell danhausen his services are no longer needed? mans is a shooter and most of the locker room are afraid to even make eye contact with him

It's fine, he's very nice

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Quantum of Phallus posted:

the smoke alarm hasn't gone off in about 4 years. watch the product, numbskull

*Beep*

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008
Woman wrestling star

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Shard posted:

Opened up my Facebook to post some pictures and this was the first thing I saw

Yep no one was talking about it and twitter definitely wasn't covered in people arguing.

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan

Shard posted:

Opened up my Facebook to post some pictures and this was the first thing I saw

nobody even cared, read our full article that goes into detail about how little anyone cared

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

please don't put on IGN that anyone is mad

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

God bless him, but Dave is terrible at communicating ideas.

For a guy who's been a professional writer as long as Meltz has, he really sucks at it unless he's writing an obituary.

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

Pylons posted:

Will Ospreay's shot at Triple H was Ospreay's own idea after feeling HHH had "mocked his worth ethic and dedication to the business":

As far as Ospreay, the promo was entirely his idea as he had very personal reasons to respond back.

Management cleared it when he requested it as he felt that after Levesque took a cheap shot at him, he didn’t think it was wrong to jab back.

It was bad timing because of the Punk thing, but Ospreay brought the idea to Khan, and even said he’d take full responsibility for it. Obviously the final responsibility is Khan, who clearly approved.

Ospreay felt that when one of the most important people in the business, who he had respectfully negotiated with, had mocked his work ethic and dedication to the business. He had said he’s never knocked WWE or its performers during the entire time. So he wanted to respond.

His feeling was that WWE was fully aware about his situation with his partner, woman wrestling star Alex Windsor, and his stepson. But Levesque still took a cheap shot at him and he felt Levesque deserved one back. - WON

Off topic but my favorite thing about Dave is it’s always glaringly obvious who his source is on any given story

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

The way people talk about Ospreay's promos, or the Punk thing, or whatever, has finally hit home to me how WWE has influenced a lot of people. They can't get past the notion of a sealed sports entertainment universe where everything is ran according to canonical brand guidelines.

It explains why "Someone responded to unprovoked public disparagement" seems so weird when it's an entirely normal thing, and why the response to the Punk footage is "This is pure WCW/TNA", because it's just the concept of "wrestling that's not the way WWE presents it".

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I see everyone is ignoring the most heinous of Meltzer's lies.

https://twitter.com/toshanshuinLA/status/1778789051144794589

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.

CombineThresher posted:

For a guy who's been a professional writer as long as Meltz has, he really sucks at it unless he's writing an obituary.

Emphasis on “writing”, too. Because if he’s talking about a guy that just died he usually winds up talking about the career of a guy that beat the guy that beat the dead guy within 6-7 minutes

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh
Also who’s the goons saying Dave was mildly scolding Ospreay? I don’t get that from what Dave wrote at all.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Waiting patiently for :hayter: to come back

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan

Long-Time Lurker posted:

The tone of this report is so gross, man. Like AEW and Ospreay did something heinous by responding to the rape enabler from the rape company taking a cheap shot at Ospreay unprompted.

it's really funny. out of context you'd think he made a death threat to the whole Levesque family instead of telling an insecure shithead to gently caress himself

RandolphCarter posted:

Waiting patiently for :hayter: to come back

when Hayter returns and beats the brakes off someone strong style I'll consider the Feeling Restored. I demand Hayter/Okada

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

I see everyone is ignoring the most heinous of Meltzer's lies.

https://twitter.com/toshanshuinLA/status/1778789051144794589

Jack Perry getting HoT over is proof he's a good worker

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://x.com/AllEliteKeeks/status/1778792310571979225

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Nah, when I saw it I could see flashback scenes from wcw behind him.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

b-b-but wcw 2000! :qq:

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
Tony has gone through crazier poo poo in wrestling and I never thought "oh man he's having Vietnam flashbacks to Jack yelling about a car"

And honestly that Alvarez and Meltzer acted as if that was happening is an insult to Tony

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan
wrestling is real when it makes my enemies look bad

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

That was a stellar performance by Tony then. Worked me.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

I love Tony Schiavone very much and I want nothing but good things for him.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
I am an expert at reading body language, and you can clearly see Tony is about to cry and probably crapped his pants because of what the kids these days call "cringe".
Also, you can clearly see Renee holding back vomit.
Furthermore -

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

When will Jack Perry be held accountable for clearly modeling his Scapegoat shirt off of the Onion’s Sickos shirt?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

RandolphCarter posted:

That was a stellar performance by Tony then. Worked me.

Same.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

twitter can never be trusted. except for this. I trust this lol

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Jamie Hayter would have beaten the poo poo out of Punk, and then beaten the poo poo out of Samoa Joe, and then chastised Jack Perry for letting his hair get so out of control

We miss her, folks

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Tony in character is the most vocal against the bucks, too. Whole journo biz is folks getting worked and crying about how crazy these shoots are.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

:yeah:

The redemption and rejuvenation of Tony Schiavone into the world of pro-wrestling is legit one of the nicest things to have seen happen over the last few years. I am so glad his legacy isn't going to remain,"The burned out guy who hated his job and became an in-joke" like it seemed it would after WCW died.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

Nah, when I saw it I could see flashback scenes from wcw behind him.

Meant to add :nallears: to this to emphasize how serious this post was.

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

He's so great. I do miss his banter with Aubrey on Unrestricted but I get he's busier than before.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Never cared one bit about Schiavone in WCW, but Schiavone in AEW is a perfect veteran. Loves the industry, wants the young guys to do well, here to make things go better.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Lamuella posted:

Never cared one bit about Schiavone in WCW, but Schiavone in AEW is a perfect veteran. Loves the industry, wants the young guys to do well, here to make things go better.

All that plus he marks out on commentary with an enthusiasm not seen since David Crockett.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I don’t think it’s unfair to assume he could have been legit bummed out by the bullshit of it all. He had to deal with the worst of the worst in WCW, and AEW so far hadn’t let that stuff run into the product so directly. I assume there were a ton of trolls on twitter just trying to be dicks about into, though.

I’m glad he was just acting bummed out because, as others have said, Tony rules and I hope he gets to be happy doing this for as long as he wants. Hearing him call MLW years back and it feeling like he was legitimately falling in love with calling wrestling again was great, and it’s even better having him get another big run in AEW.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Still laugh thinking about pre-AEW Schiavone had Bryan Alvarez blocked on Twitter for saying he sucked as a commentator. Then he heard second-hand that Bryan had pointed out he only said that Tony sucked as a commentator at the end of WCW, and Tony said,"Oh well that's fair enough" and unblocked him :allears:

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones
From FTR's promo about everyone having moved on to Tony's disgusted reaction, it's so funny how much of the kayfabe poo poo were treated like they were real by Punk cultists, drones, and the wrestling media.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Long-Time Lurker posted:

From FTR's promo about everyone having moved on to Tony's disgusted reaction, it's so funny how much of the kayfabe poo poo were treated like they were real by Punk cultists, drones, and the wrestling media.

I'm still worried FTR are going to get in trouble for that shoot! They weren't even on the run sheet, they didn't have any time scheduled? They're lucky nothing had to get bumped

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

And they say kayfabe is dead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Long-Time Lurker posted:

Don’t put it on ign that I got worked