Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
Anyone figured out exactly what the new ideology memes do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
so what Vanilla Expanded mods apart from medieval aren't done yet?

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

Tankbuster posted:

so what Vanilla Expanded mods apart from medieval aren't done yet?

Viking and the Health Furniture modules are the ones I noticed.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
vikings and health are being discontinued alongside medieval.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Kris xK posted:

Viking and the Health Furniture modules are the ones I noticed.

Vikings was discontinued and parts are going to be merged into Medieval 2 when thats released. Health furniture was discontinued completely. They did a big spreadsheet of the discontinued mods a few weeks ago.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Going from 230 to 90 mods is profoundly liberating. I desperately miss allow tool though :negative:

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

Zore posted:

Vikings was discontinued and parts are going to be merged into Medieval 2 when thats released. Health furniture was discontinued completely. They did a big spreadsheet of the discontinued mods a few weeks ago.

Health is getting rolled into the upcoming healthcare module, it's not dead completely.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

The best thing of a new Rimworld DLC is the instant load time. :allears:

So far the only thing I really miss is the Designator Shapes mod, which got updated but I want to my first Anomaly playthrough to be 100% vanilla.

EDIT: I also miss Smart Speed, base Rimworld is so slow.

lunar detritus fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Apr 12, 2024

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Just started the DLC. Does the Gray Pall ever go away, because it's making the entire area extremely dark, and a bit hard to see.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah. It can come back later but it's seems like it's basically a weather type added to the biome's usual pool.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Asimo posted:

Yeah. It can come back later but it's seems like it's basically a weather type added to the biome's usual pool.

Ah, good to know, cheers! Then I'll just have to wait it out

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I have a weird inconsistent issue where sometimes when I start the game the loading finished and then the main menu is completely black.
I can hear the main menu music but the screen is just black, and it's incredibly inconsistent but seems to have something to do with mods.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

What a delightful little tree that hungers for corpses. I shall name him Charles.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

OwlFancier posted:

What a delightful little tree that hungers for corpses. I shall name him Charles.

The flesh trees actually own hard, theyll even eat skeletons

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Do spooky things start happening if you don't trigger the monolith?

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Broken Cog posted:

Naw, but once you trigger it you cant turn it off, luckily it gives you a "are you sure" sort of prompt

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Broken Cog posted:

I have not triggered it and some of the anomaly content still just happens, I had an odd visitor with strange powers and a dark secret turn up, and I have found some interesting items for sale with the traders.

I assume the more severe things are linked to the monolith.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

Party In My Diapee posted:

Anyone figured out exactly what the new ideology memes do?

the inhuman meme causes a believer's first mental break to be replaced with a short bout of insanity followed by them turning into a psychopath:

it also turns the -8 mood they get from not being inhumanized into +8 and, as near as I can tell, inhumanized people will never initiate conversation with anyone

as near as i can tell this is permanent

i assume having your colony be all sociopaths would be useful if you want to do some of the more hosed up stuff from anomaly/dark science, while this also makes it really really hard to recruit prisoners (which is probably why the meme encourages slavery)

President Ark fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Apr 12, 2024

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

they have become a pure Poster

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Please do not hug cube

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I would say it might be good to either spoiler tag or verbally obfuscate specifics about plot events perhaps? Given that's the focus of the DLC.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Yeah, try to keep it a little unspecific at least, surprises are probably part of the point here.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Man, debugging the modlist is a pain in the rear end.
Managed to isolate a bunch of UI issues to Vanilla Hair Extended, and black screen/crashing issue to RocketMan interacting with...something.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah at this point just ignore the various performance mods for a while. They tend to have their fingers in a lot of things that may or may not work right after a big update, and you probably don't even need them if you're running a freshly renewed post-expansion modlist.

Not sure why the hell a hair mod would cause issues but I guess there were some pawn creation changes behind the scenes?

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Man, this ghoul is great for capturing people

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Ghouls are so drat good but i got rimworlded and my ghoul with 15 melee skill lost a melee fight to geriatric pigman with a poor knife.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
they changed pawn rendering to work on a different core so I am not going to be using older mods that add hairstyles for a bit.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Hard lock at Until death do you part.

GaylordButts
Feb 19, 2009

Asimo posted:

Not sure why the hell a hair mod would cause issues but I guess there were some pawn creation changes behind the scenes?

Like many of the other Vanilla Expanded mods, it adds a bunch of other features aside from just more hair options like most hair mods. It tries to add in a barber table for just hair changes instead of having it on the basegame styling station and have it use it's own UI windows when you interact with it, and I think that's what causes it to sometimes has issues with other things not interacting well.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

"Listen. It's very simple. All you have to say is 'I do' and the ceremony ends. OK?"

"brains"

"For gently caress's sake!"

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Oh, this Death Pall event could be a lot of fun for people that don't tidy up things.

Though there's a neat way of disposing of stuff now. Speaking of, is the corpse tree useful for anything other than getting rid of corpses passively?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I deleted all the mods then went over only the first 10 pages of 1.5 mods and I'm STILL having a bunch of errors.

I'll fish out one mod and I'll get a different error. If it's not buttons disappearing then it's black screen and if it's not that the it's the New Game button doing nothing.

Maybe I should just shelve the game until later.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Reeeeiiinstaalll Evereeryyythiiiing if you haven't. Just rip it all out, game folder and mod folder and appdata config and save folders, everything, delete it and don't look back. You'll probably still get a few minor errors with mods since new version jitters but if you have cruft from 1.4 or earlier lingering around you're going to have inexplicable errors forever until you pull the trigger to nuke and reinstall. Dooo iiiiit.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Asimo posted:

Reeeeiiinstaalll Evereeryyythiiiing if you haven't. Just rip it all out, game folder and mod folder and appdata config and save folders, everything, delete it and don't look back. You'll probably still get a few minor errors with mods since new version jitters but if you have cruft from 1.4 or earlier lingering around you're going to have inexplicable errors forever until you pull the trigger and nuke and reinstall. Dooo iiiiit.

I thought I already did but I guess I could try again.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Getting space madness from the stark, bleak purity of unmodified vanilla

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

You can, in fact, play without mods. I'm doing it now. Deviant I know, but possible.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Gross

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Broken Cog posted:

Oh, this Death Pall event could be a lot of fun for people that don't tidy up things.

Though there's a neat way of disposing of stuff now. Speaking of, is the corpse tree useful for anything other than getting rid of corpses passively?

flesh trees drop edible flesh when chopped. not sure if pawns like it but it makes good ghoul food

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Hihohe posted:

flesh trees drop edible flesh when chopped. not sure if pawns like it but it makes good ghoul food

Yeah, a little bit, but not even close to enough for it to be worth it considering how long they take.