Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
new vegas was just a video game, out of many set in the fallout universe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Massive_Idiot
Jun 21, 2007

Receiving data bursts, everything to do with it.
There was actually discussions of there being another obsidian fallout game very possibly on the horizon. After this I wouldn’t wanna work on this series anymore if I were them barring a “do whatever” clause concerning the setting. The show is fine It’s just a shame a lot of the fans had to learn there won’t be another of obsidian game in the most hilarious way possible.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Unleashing nuclear armageddon in the Fallout universe? You better have a dang good reason for doing it, buster.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

there wasnt going to be another obsidian game because nobody will trust them with a budget that large ever again

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I loved new Vegas when it came out and tried to replay it 2 years ago and couldn't fuckin stand it. The fallout people are loons - just disregard them.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

StashAugustine posted:

Okay this is something that should have ben obvious like a decade ago

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
if you want a good fallout game that doesn't have bethesda badness to it just play the old world blue mod for hearts of iron 4.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

New Vegas is great and stable on the Steam Deck, highly recommended

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
yeah. At this time performance issues aren't a thing if you follow the VNV guide.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

all the whining itt has inspired me to pick up my playthrough for the best fallout game, 4

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

Al! posted:

new vegas was just a video game, out of many set in the fallout universe

it crashed a lot, so I have to convince myself I put up with that because it was really deep & important

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

screaming and smashing my phone on the ground because the Fallout Shelter gatcha game just disrespected new vegas lore. Ceasar is left handed you bitches

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

give me factorio: fallout universe

i'd buy that

Massive_Idiot
Jun 21, 2007

Receiving data bursts, everything to do with it.

In Training posted:

I loved new Vegas when it came out and tried to replay it 2 years ago and couldn't fuckin stand it. The fallout people are loons - just disregard them.

It doesn’t help that it’s running on the shittiest FPS engine imaginable. The game that came before it was so notoriously broken on PC that nobody could play it for close to a decade barring some form of open heart surgery on the client. in a hilarious way new Vegas was the only fallout FP game people could play for a few years unless you were playing the console versions of 3

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

i say swears online posted:

give me factorio: fallout universe

i'd buy that

hmm. agreed

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Al! posted:

screaming and smashing my phone on the ground because the Fallout Shelter gatcha game just disrespected new vegas lore. Ceasar is left handed you bitches

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Tankbuster posted:

boo hoo. There's never going to be a warcraft RTS either. People don't go around driving themselves into frothing rage over it.

they probably do

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

I hope season 2 features a side character named Hodd Toward that nukes the Shady Sands crater again, and when someone asks him why he did it he just says "I was worried they didn't get the message the first time"

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

scary ghost dog posted:

they probably do

i do

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Love New Vegas. Also don't care that the Amazon Prime Falliut TV Show epically pwned the lore or maybe it didn't it just added new stuff or whatever. Who cares. It's hosed up that Jeff Bezos executed Ropekid on live TV but it is what it is

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

tbh i dont think anyone thought about new vegas or really the video games at all and just wanted to get paid for making a tv show. if you think they wrote the show in order to cement business decisions youre loony

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lol i just checked and rings of power season 2 doesn't have a release date yet

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I was actually on set and did everything in my power to bury New Vegas lore 6 feed under.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

In Training posted:

I was actually on set and did everything in my power to bury New Vegas lore 6 feed under.

Thank you

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

lol

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Tankbuster posted:

if you want a good fallout game that doesn't have bethesda badness to it just play the old world blue mod for hearts of iron 4.

Tired: Fallout
Wired: Modding Fallout into a better game
Inspired: Modding a better game into Fallout

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Lmao. Couldn't make it through this one

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

cock rings of power

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

In Training posted:

Thank you for your service

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
which fallout is best if I’m going to play one, and also what sort of game is it (in my head it's a first person shooter but from the way people talk about it I don't see how all the mechanics would fit in that format)

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

indigi posted:

which fallout is best if I’m going to play one, and also what sort of game is it (in my head it's a first person shooter but from the way people talk about it I don't see how all the mechanics would fit in that format)

Imma be real with you. If you arnt gonna mod it, the Fallout 76 is gonna be the best Fallout experience available.

It is a first person MMO, always has been since FO3. It is literally Skyrim with guns.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

fallout new vegas is still the best one

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

DaysBefore posted:

Lmao. Couldn't make it through this one

it is very very pretty but also so boring that it's not unintentionally funny. the reveal at the end was primo lmaos tho

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

nuking Shady Sands from out of the blue and with no good explanation goes against all of the themes that Fallout was built on. the NCR was wiped out because its existence was inconvenient to the story they wanted to tell with the show. the historicity is what made the Black Isle/Obsidian games great and all that history was destroyed out of nowhere. it’s literally blown up through a Vault-Tec rear end pull.

it’s impossible not to interpret it as an act of spite because the show could’ve been set anywhere in the United States, but it goes out of its way to reduce the original games to meaninglessness. just because “war never changes” doesn’t mean the world stays the same and nothing ever happens. it’s even the same story from the Bethesda games retold through the father/child dynamic.

if Walton Goggins hadn’t been cast it’d be unwatchable.

Goons will never have an opinion on media that isn't "caring about the story is gay nerd poo poo, being critical or negative in anyways is bad" so you're barking up the wrong tree

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

StashAugustine posted:

Okay this is something that should have ben obvious like a decade ago

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

indigi posted:

FO1 and 2 are worth playing to see where it all started, where Gaeten Dugas got his aids, and they aren’t big time investments considering most 90s games are pretty short. then if you aren’t modding probably 4 or 76. just roll a dice

selec
Sep 6, 2003

the demented insistence on adherence to The Lore falls into the same category as people who do the hosed up Power Scaling analysis. It's people terrified of ambiguity, which is ultimately the unrealized fear of death. If the narrative decisions in a show upset you because of a game that preceded it, you probably need to meditate in your chamber with a decaying corpse for a few months to get over it.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

literally two full pages of posts screaming about how much they don't care about fallout lore

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Bro Dad posted:

literally two full pages of posts screaming about how much they don't care about fallout lore

Don’t fight the whirlwind my friend

Embrace it