Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
The Draft approaches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Sataere posted:

I think if he had half the yards, we'd like him more as a prospect considering how often he just decided to book it without keeping his eyes downfield. Half those yards with that cast probably means he's making better decisions.

Part of LSU's offensive scheme was stretching the plays horizontally to give him those wide open runs. While a lot of WRs are taught to sit down in drag routes or ins/outs when they reach a throwable window, Nabers, Thomas, and Lacy would stretch their routes further from easier throws to pull LBs. It's remarkable how little Daniels ran when the playside routes were digs or hooks. He aims to home run hit so much that I think it almost taught him to be more disciplined in throwing the ball if there's traffic on his side. Not that he did it all the time, I just think it's an acceptable level to think that he's capable of opting for a throw over his legs.

Really I think the knock is that his arm strength downfield is mediocre and he took off against wide open go routes because he couldn't hit them past 40 yards.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Doltos posted:

Part of LSU's offensive scheme was stretching the plays horizontally to give him those wide open runs. While a lot of WRs are taught to sit down in drag routes or ins/outs when they reach a throwable window, Nabers, Thomas, and Lacy would stretch their routes further from easier throws to pull LBs. It's remarkable how little Daniels ran when the playside routes were digs or hooks. He aims to home run hit so much that I think it almost taught him to be more disciplined in throwing the ball if there's traffic on his side. Not that he did it all the time, I just think it's an acceptable level to think that he's capable of opting for a throw over his legs.

Really I think the knock is that his arm strength downfield is mediocre and he took off against wide open go routes because he couldn't hit them past 40 yards.

Yup that's what I mean when I said yardage is so much of a function of how things can be set up in an offense to maximize a players elite talent..

I'm not quite as high on him, because I just don't like his process. If it was something that was coached then fine, but it also goes back to his time at ASU.

He has like some of the highest clean pocket scramble rates, you will see in a prospect this highly rated. the few times at LSU he actually faced pressure(dear loving god that LSU offensive line was absurd, just draft all of them next year) He did not handle it like I prefer my QB prospects to handle pressure. Not saying it's something he can't learn, or maybe it's what he was told to do at ASU and LSU, but yeah.

This is just my personal take on what I see when I watch him.

I like Drake Maye's process and how he reacts to pressure and things breaking down more, and would think I can fix his mechanical issues leading to his welp throws rather than trying to rewire someone's brain to change how they instinctively react to pressure in the NFL.

Drake Maye if his mechanics weren't so goddamn frequently messy would probably for me be a prospect on the level of Caleb(maybe a bit less Caleb's spatial awareness is obscene and Drake doesn't have that). And even with those messy mechanics his accuracy was absurd on deep and intermediate throws. And that's with receivers getting no real separation and an offensive line as bad as Caleb had.

edit: Also I just really really don't trust QB's with 4-5 years of starts who suddenly shoot up and have a blow out year when they get surrounded with First round talent at almost every position around them.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Apr 12, 2024

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

JGdmn posted:

lol, I had no idea Josh Allen was from the Central Valley. He makes so much more sense to me now.

I had no idea he was even from CA. Never heard of a place called Firebaugh despite living here most of my life. Must be absolutely tiny, completely flat and deadly boring

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Dexo posted:

Holy poo poo definitely not Ints lmao, if you are a great CB in college chances are you are not getting thrown at unless they absolutely have to throw at you.

Also lmao at Sacks, Pressures yes, I don't care too much about Sacks(it's a tape thing if like you are missing a bunch of sacks on tape that might be a problem)

Sacks can be avoided by QB's, if you force a QB to dirt a ball or make a bad pass or run into someone else's sack, you did your job spectacularly as a Edge/DL. But you aren't going to get credited with a sack.

Joey Porter Jr had one interception in college. I think Jalen Ramsey had 0 or maybe 1

please god do not judge CB's based off college interceptions.

Trent McDuffie had two interceptions in his entire college career and it took like five NFL games before he was Revis Island Part 2

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

The framing that Jayden’s rushing production was from “wide open” fields is an inaccurate representation.

Yes, having 2 elite WRs plus a downfield offensive scheme helped spread defenders and create more space. But the impact of those factors, to a generic mobile quarterback, would be the equivalent of adding maybe a few scramble yards above expectation here and there. With a sprinkling of “wow this run turned into 15 yards!”

Jayden, in contrast, makes three defenders miss and then outruns the secondary.

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.

Play posted:

I had no idea he was even from CA. Never heard of a place called Firebaugh despite living here most of my life. Must be absolutely tiny, completely flat and deadly boring

Yeah, it’s outside Fresno. One of those places you only know by accidentally taking a wrong turn. I dated a girl whose family lived in an even tinier town just south of it. The area between 99 and 5 is just dire.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Bakersfield is the drain of all that.

If you're curious the type of people that live in Bakersfield, Eatdatpussy is from there

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Although, Jayden's AVG on scrambles/rushes ballooned from 4.8 his first year with LSU to a coincidentally mirrored 8.4 this past year. There's no doubt he's an incredible athlete in the running game, with game-breaking speed and some pretty nice moves, and that those skills WILL play in the NFL. But, something definitely changed there.

Could be that he took less sacks? Looks like he took about half the amount compared to his first year there, and I've heard college stats subtract sack yardage from rushing totals. But there must be more to it.

kiimo posted:

Bakersfield is the drain of all that.

If you're curious the type of people that live in Bakersfield, Eatdatpussy is from there

who?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

If you seriously don't know, I'm sorry for what's about to happen to you

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Play posted:

Although, Jayden's AVG on scrambles/rushes ballooned from 4.8 his first year with LSU to a coincidentally mirrored 8.4 this past year. There's no doubt he's an incredible athlete in the running game, with game-breaking speed and some pretty nice moves, and that those skills WILL play in the NFL. But, something definitely changed there.

Could be that he took less sacks? Looks like he took about half the amount compared to his first year there, and I've heard college stats subtract sack yardage from rushing totals. But there must be more to it.

who?

The Numbers I look at ignore the Sacks rushing yardage removal.

He ran for 10.4 YPA(1250 total yards ) this year, and was at 7.2 YPA(1079) last year(jesus he took a ton of sacks in 2022).

529 on designed runs, and 721 on scrambles in 2023, 411 designed and 668 scrambles in 2022

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

kiimo posted:

Would you like a cupcake

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Sorry if that's a reference I don't know it

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Dexo posted:

The Numbers I look at ignore the Sacks rushing yardage removal.

He ran for 10.4 YPA(1250 total yards ) this year, and was at 7.2 YPA(1079) last year(jesus he took a ton of sacks in 2022).

529 on designed runs, and 721 on scrambles in 2023, 411 designed and 668 scrambles in 2022

Does it have the YPA separated by designed runs and scrambles as well by any chance? Just out of curiosity.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

kiimo posted:

Sorry if that's a reference I don't know it

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Play posted:

Does it have the YPA separated by designed runs and scrambles as well by any chance? Just out of curiosity.

I'd have to do the math myself,

2022: 9.5 Scramble YPA, 5.1 Designed
2023: 13.1 Scramble YPA, 8.1 YPA designed

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

Loving the thread oscillating between one draft effort post and one edp poo poo post

Here let me contribute

Eatdatpussy is a morbidly obese eagles fan who became popular for his very loud and vulgar rants after every eagles loss

I don't want the giants to draft jj Mccarthy, but they're going to

A few years ago EDP was catfished by some youtubers who pretended to be a young girl (12 or 13 iirc) who Edp very willingly engaged with inappropriate sexual conversations with and then arranged to meet in person. He would also flirt with said 12 year old by sending them pictures of his giant shits in toilets.

Jayden Daniels is going to get jacked up by NFL LBs in the open field but at least he has experience with getting his rear end beat coming out of college, unlike someone like Tua, and therefore I don't think he is much of an injury risk

When confronted by the youtubers who exposed him for being a pedophile, edp claimed he was in the area to buy cupcakes and go home. Years later he changed his excuse to being there as he was "playing a character" who is apparently a pedophile??

Rome Odunze is going to be the best receiver from this class

The youtubers who busted edp did it entirely for clout and were later exposed to be dipshit nazis themselves who have no interest in working with authorities and therefore no charges have ever been filed in this case

If Drake Maye lands in a good situation he will be the next Josh Allen. If he goes to the Patriots, he'll be a slightly less hateable Mac Jones. There is no in between here.

Edp was recently busted AGAIN for being a pedophile and wanting to meet a youtuber posing as an underage girl. This time the youtuber was some dude named Skeet Hansen who says "you just got skeeted" to the people he busts. AFAIK he also does not work with authorities and edp remains free to this day

Sorry that this post just happened to everyone

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I was aware of EDP as a big loud idiot who yelled about the Eagles but not all the rest of that poo poo. So uh thanks I guess :stonklol:

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Wasn't edp also the kind of wierdo that buys new womens lingerie for purposes. There's a gif burned into my head somehow

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Iodised QQ posted:

Loving the thread oscillating between one draft effort post and one edp poo poo post

Here let me contribute

Eatdatpussy is a morbidly obese eagles fan who became popular for his very loud and vulgar rants after every eagles loss

A few years ago EDP was catfished by some youtubers who pretended to be a young girl (12 or 13 iirc) who Edp very willingly engaged with inappropriate sexual conversations with and then arranged to meet in person. He would also flirt with said 12 year old by sending them pictures of his giant shits in toilets.

Jayden Daniels is going to get jacked up by NFL LBs in the open field but at least he has experience with getting his rear end beat coming out of college, unlike someone like Tua, and therefore I don't think he is much of an injury risk

When confronted by the youtubers who exposed him for being a pedophile, edp claimed he was in the area to buy cupcakes and go home. Years later he changed his excuse to being there as he was "playing a character" who is apparently a pedophile??

The youtubers who busted edp did it entirely for clout and were later exposed to be dipshit nazis themselves who have no interest in working with authorities and therefore no charges have ever been filed in this case

If Drake Maye lands in a good situation he will be the next Josh Allen. If he goes to the Patriots, he'll be a slightly less hateable Mac Jones. There is no in between here.

Edp was recently busted AGAIN for being a pedophile and wanting to meet a youtuber posing as an underage girl. This time the youtuber was some dude named Skeet Hansen who says "you just got skeeted" to the people he busts. AFAIK he also does not work with authorities and edp remains free to this day

I sincerely enjoyed reading your post. Thank you, comrade. I appreciate your efforts and you as a person!

Also lol at Skeet Hansen

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Iodised QQ posted:

Here let me contribute

well, I for one have learned a lot today. i can go to sleep tonight with a smile on my face, knowing my brain has grown observably bigger

and yes, that sounds just about right for Modesto

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot
We need the draft ASAP. Arguing over nothing at this point.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

JGdmn posted:

Yeah, it’s outside Fresno. One of those places you only know by accidentally taking a wrong turn. I dated a girl whose family lived in an even tinier town just south of it. The area between 99 and 5 is just dire.

A suburb of Sanger, lol

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Doltos posted:

Now this is a great insight. I was not aware of that and it is really quite a great use of talent.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

A Sneaker Broker posted:

Less than 2 weeks :f5:

What insane "Will Levis is going first overall" report will drop shortly before night 1 this year? We already have JJ McCarthy #3 but I think we can get weirder

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Docjowles posted:

Less than 2 weeks :f5:

What insane "Will Levis is going first overall" report will drop shortly before night 1 this year? We already have JJ McCarthy #3 but I think we can get weirder

we have JJ McCarthy going 2 already, from the owners meetings or whatever it was a week or so ago

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

JPJ has such an ideal body shape for an IOL

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
McCarthy feels like the biggest smokescreen

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

My prediction for the biggest bombshell of Night 1 is the Jets trading up for either MHJ or Nabers

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I’m going to go with a team not named the Vikings trading up for McCarthy. Like the Broncos or Raiders.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

A Sneaker Broker posted:

Yeah motherfucker, big argument expert huh?

we really do

In actual draft stuff.

Tez walker visiting with the Panthers, which makes sense for a 3/4 graded guy. I guess some elite speed wouldn't hurt even if that's all he can do at the moment. Can't hurt to have at least one player who can blow the top off a defense even if his footwork and hands look atrocious at the line.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Cavauro posted:

i just got skeeted!

edit: EDP even before he was a pedophile had a very very long hit list of wildly disturbing behavior, often involving his own poo poo and wild other things often involving his dad. I can't remember them all but the pedophile stuff was like...oh of COURSE that's also a thing. Dude is a spectacular example of humanity gone extremely wrong.

kiimo fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Apr 12, 2024

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

BlindSite posted:

Yeah motherfucker, big argument expert huh?

Yeah bruh. Wassup bruh. Wanna argue bruh?

I'm slowly dying due to every draft twitter argument and national media headline.

BlindSite posted:

In actual draft stuff.

Tez walker visiting with the Panthers, which makes sense for a 3/4 graded guy. I guess some elite speed wouldn't hurt even if that's all he can do at the moment. Can't hurt to have at least one player who can blow the top off a defense even if his footwork and hands look atrocious at the line.

The Packers just had a meeting with him—a developmental speedster. Looking at this draft, there are only four speedster type WR's in this draft:

• Brian Thomas JR
  • Jermaine Burton
  • Xavier Worthy
  • Tez Walker

Speedsters may become high in demand in short order.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

A Sneaker Broker posted:

Yeah bruh. Wassup bruh. Wanna argue bruh?

I'm slowly dying due to every draft twitter argument and national media headline.

The Packers just had a meeting with him—a developmental speedster. Looking at this draft, there are only four speedster type WR's in this draft:

• Brian Thomas JR
  • Jermaine Burton
  • Xavier Worthy
  • Tez Walker

Speedsters may become high in demand in short order.

Yeah its a good point, not a tremendous amount of true long speed and it's become so important. I still don't see tez going before the 3rd at the earliest though.

I watched a few clips this morning a yeeesh his routes are not great unless he's told to just burn.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Ornery and Hornery posted:

JPJ has such an ideal body shape for an IOL

you could set out dinner for a family of four on that rear end

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Diva Cupcake posted:

I’m going to go with a team not named the Vikings trading up for McCarthy. Like the Broncos or Raiders.

Podcasts keep stating that Broncos might be the team because Seanny P wants to win NOW. If he trades up and the qb is good then he gets to start winning. If he trades up and the qb sucks then he gets to quit/retire so who cares.

That’s what the podcasters say.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Denver mortgaging the future to draft the 4th QB in this draft after just having mortgaged the future in the Russell Wilson trade would be delicious

Tricky Ed
Aug 18, 2010

It is important to avoid confusion. This is the one that's okay to lick.

I miss the days when posting the fastest 40 time at the Combine meant you would probably be overdrafted by the Raiders.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Tricky Ed posted:

I miss the days when posting the fastest 40 time at the Combine meant you would probably be overdrafted by the Raiders.

well it's not like he was a total scrub in college but Henry Ruggs wasn't that long ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

a neat cape posted:

Denver mortgaging the future to draft the 4th QB in this draft after just having mortgaged the future in the Russell Wilson trade would be delicious

As someone who lives in CO but only watches the Broncos the way people watch Jerry Springer or train wreck videos, I am here for this