Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

People should be allowed to talk wwe in wwe threads here, imo. This forum has been making GBS threads on the company for a decade and from what I understand wwe is still quite successful despite this. Banning it does nothing but allow a handful of people in the Stinger Splash Zone feel like they won an internet fight.

But also I don’t watch the show Paul so it’s really a big Who Gives A poo poo all around for me.

I just wanna be able to talk about the Attitude Era every now and then. Please don’t take that from me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

is there a gas leak in here, there are no serious calls to ban wwe discussion

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Ringo Roadagain posted:

Other people have, and I agreed with them. 16bbh however has not explained why he cares about people calling wwe rape factory but not people making jokes involving specific things vince did to his victim

Please don't use the feedback thread for personal grudges. I'd prefer if the conversation ended. I don't love either post but one is a clear dark joke based on absurdity and the other is, as has been explained, using loaded language as a shotgun blast. Any other talk can be taken to PMs between you two. Thanks.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

JUNGLE BOY posted:

is there a gas leak in here, there are no serious calls to ban wwe discussion

I dunno, people were talking about it. I swear people were talking about it. There’s been like a hundred posts though don’t make me read them again

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

MJeff posted:

WCW doesn't exist anymore and Vince McMahon didn't run UFC and mold its culture in his image for 40 years.

That doesn't matter. Many of you are validly pointing out that watching a stream of Raw on Hulu generates some amount of money that goes to TKO Holdings and may end up in Vince's pocket. This also applies to archive footage of the territories or WCW found on social media or Peacock and PPVs of UFC matches.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Mr Hootington posted:

That doesn't matter. Many of you are validly pointing out that watching a stream of Raw on Hulu generates some amount of money that goes to TKO Holdings and may end up in Vince's pocket. This also applies to archive footage of the territories or WCW found on social media or Peacock and PPVs of UFC matches.

do you watch ufc hoot

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Mr Hootington posted:

Please stop doing your bad faith bit, but especially stop doing it in this thread. This isn't a conversation that is actually happening.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Mr Hootington posted:

Why not? TKO is what paid Vince recently with the stock buybacks and they aren't just generating money from WWE content. They own the territory and WCW archives and UFC PPV have to be giving them a good chunk of change.

The main difference is UFC fans on here do genuinely hate Dana White already and UFC management weren't actively collaborating with Vince McMahon on his cover up as Nick Khan was or overlooking what happened as Stephanie McMahon did. So people are significantly more disgusted by the side of the company that continues to be populated by people who participated in this scheme, and many others who took part in or covered up abuse for decades. UFC is connected to TKO, but given WWE is directly run by people involved a sex trafficking cover up, they are directly tied. Hell, Nick Khan appeared on WWE TV just a few days ago.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Mr Hootington posted:

it’s becoming increasingly obvious that being able to discuss wwe in earnest, which you have been able to do this whole time, wasn’t the thing you were looking for.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Mr Hootington posted:

Yes. You shouldn't use Peacock to watch WWE or WCW. You don't have to have a Peacock subscription to discuss WCW. You can just discuss it from memory or find it in any number of ways that don't give viewership to WWE. Also, again, nobody is seriously contemplating any bans on discussing any of this stuff.

Also, "money that goes to TKO Holdings and may end up in Vince's pocket" is missing the forest for the trees. Pritchard still works there. Levesque still works there. Khan still works there. The money doesn't have to end up in Vince's pocket for it to be going to horrible people who have abused and intimidated people into silence.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

“I think the problem is you’re just uneducated.”

Ringo Roadagain posted:

Other people have, and I agreed with them. 16bbh however has not explained why he cares about people calling wwe rape factory but not people making jokes involving specific things vince did to his victim

cspam isnt PSP and is a fyad lite with different posting culture i dont think that post is funny but its not really breaking the rules in a different forum with a different posting culture centered around shitposting about politics and you know this Ringo.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Please stop doing your bad faith bit, but especially stop doing it in this thread. This isn't a conversation that is actually happening.

It is not bad faith to point out this hypocrisy. It doesn't matter which asset generates the money if the money still goes to Vince whi h seems to be a good portion of people's problem.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Sandman from ECW posted:

People should be allowed to talk wwe in wwe threads here, imo. This forum has been making GBS threads on the company for a decade and from what I understand wwe is still quite successful despite this. Banning it does nothing but allow a handful of people in the Stinger Splash Zone feel like they won an internet fight.

But also I don’t watch the show Paul so it’s really a big Who Gives A poo poo all around for me.

I just wanna be able to talk about the Attitude Era every now and then. Please don’t take that from me.

No one who doesn’t watch wwe is saying wwe discussion should be banned

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

peacock is legitimately the worst way to watch wcw and ecw regardless when there are fully in tact tv rips out there with original entrance themes

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Mr Hootington posted:

It is not bad faith to point out this hypocrisy. It doesn't matter which asset generates the money if the money still goes to Vince whi h seems to be a good portion of people's problem.

If you are one of the people generating the money for Vince McMahon, it is in fact bad faith to pretend you are making a good faith suggestion. I have never seen someone act so victimized because people made fun of them in a thread.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Mr Hootington posted:

Because people aren't as far as I can see arguing that WWE should be just removed from this forum because of moral reasons but because there's 3 people here who actually watch it & the threads thus inevitably get filled up with posts with people who don't like it for a myriad of reasons, so it's just easier binning it. If the MMA threads were full of an order of magnitude of people more griping about the company than wanting to enjoy it then fine, but MMA fans have long since had to come to terms with the fact that their sport is full of absolutely rotten people.

Of course the irony is someone even created a WWE Mecca thread for people who can't handle criticism about their chosen wrestling viewing experience & nobody bothered to use it so it's now on the 3rd page of the forum.

And let me tell you about wrestling that you can watch on the internet without using a service that might pump up the next WWE media deal. It's called :filez: & it's honestly the best way to watch old wrestling anyway because it means there's not lovely overdubs of theme music because WWE didn't want to license Enter Sandman or Natural Born Killaz or what have you

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

cspam isnt PSP and is a fyad lite with different posting culture i dont think that post is funny but its not really breaking the rules in a different forum with a different posting culture centered around shitposting about politics and you know this Ringo.

I wasn’t aware your morality changes depending on which forum you click on

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

forkboy84 posted:

Of course the irony is someone even created a WWE Mecca thread for people who can't handle criticism about their chosen wrestling viewing experience & nobody bothered to use it so it's now on the 3rd page of the forum.

Which I'm sure will not happen to the "WWE Weeklies/PPV Live Discussion: DDTs of Our Lives" thread within a couple weeks.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

(closes eyes and sighs wearily)

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

TheSwizzler posted:

lmao when we start hearing about “the crews” you know it’s gonna get silly fast

The crews are real and posting itt

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

i dont care if you criticize or make fun of WWE because i like to make fun of WWE i just dont like when people call it the rape company or rape factory and start accusing people watching WWE of supporting rape. if that stops then i'm fine with the forums

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
I promise to make insulting posts about wwe but only in the aew thread. And to only make serious posts in the wwe sex trafficking thread, however sporadic the updates

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.

Coaaab posted:

I promise to make insulting posts about wwe but only in the aew thread. And to only make serious posts in the wwe sex trafficking thread, however sporadic the updates

Thank you!

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I don’t think accusing the many millions who watch wwe of supporting rape culture is going to catch on, I think several of those people, possibly the vast majority, just like watching the show

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

told you all. this is all very boring

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

That DICK! posted:

told you all. this is all very boring

you were right as usual

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the only "wwe" people who have been insulted for the past couple weeks are weirdos who are antagonizing and baiting people. rbx, speak slow guy, etc.

most people saying otherwise above are people i like and don't have a problem with but they seem to be talking about stuff from like 1 to 2 months ago as far as i can tell, before the mods already cracked down. it doesn't need to keep being added onto and the last thing needed here is to further protect annoying assholes. i could be wrong if some poo poo picked up yesterday though

if you want wwe to not be attacked it's not happening because they suck poo poo. just separate that out and ignore it

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

100+ posts in the feedback thread, no work to do this morning, lets go :cheers:

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

NienNunb posted:

It should be a probable offense to have a different opinion than me, or even worse have the same opinion as me but in an annoying way.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Cavauro posted:

the only "wwe" people who have been insulted for the past couple weeks are weirdos who are antagonizing and baiting people. rbx, speak slow guy, etc.

most people saying otherwise above are people i like and don't have a problem with but they seem to be talking about stuff from like 1 to 2 months ago as far as i can tell, before the mods already cracked down. it doesn't need to keep being added onto and the last thing needed here is to further protect annoying assholes. i could be wrong if some poo poo picked up yesterday though

if you want wwe to not be attacked it's not happening because they suck poo poo. just separate that out and ignore it

:emptyquote:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

[Important Subforum Announcement]

watch the 3dbotmaker diecast racing league

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Namtab posted:

I don’t think accusing the many millions who watch wwe of supporting rape culture is going to catch on, I think several of those people, possibly the vast majority, just like watching the show

Yeah, I don't even watch it but I think it's just kind of a gross unnecessary thing to drop into casual discussion. I'm going to be a bit selfish for a mo: if you have some fond memories of WWE programming - which I do! - it can be unpleasant to deal with accusations like that, even if they're meant to be somewhat in jest. I posted about a WWE segment I have fond memories of the other day (the one where The Rock made fun of Toronto, I'm grinning just thinking about it) but that shouldn't make me a retroactive supporter of sex crimes, mostly because I was 12 years old when that segment aired and I wasn't being particularly critical about the light entertainment I watched.

It's a rotten company and it's good to make that apparent as much as possible, but I don't think being flippant towards other (non obvious troll) posters is going to get us anywhere. If anything I think it turns people off from participating in the debate and learning about the things these terrible people did, as well as how we can avoid it in the future and possibly get some sort of justice for the actual victims at some point.

Sort of related, there was (and probably still is) a tendency to say things like "you're British, therefore you're a transphobe" in certain places online. I was a lot more passionate about that because it was based on where I happened to be born rather than what wrestling I might have watched as a preteen, but I admit there was sometimes a horrible feeling of "I've had enough of this, I don't care about this important issue anymore". Thankfully I stuck with it and I'm more informed about trans issues as a result, I didn't give in to cynicism or the bigotry that's obviously so rampant towards trans people. It's not as bad as that, but it's still not fun to be sort of implicated with some of the gross language and crimes we've seen lately in this subforum.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Cavauro posted:

sincere post Cavauro is right as usual

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I think there are wwe threads in other sub forums. I’ve never looked in any of them but I’m sure the people who post in them are at least semi-reasonably less angry about the company than here.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

There was definitely a wrestling thread in CSPAM. I'm sure it's buried under 300 pages of people posting TURMP but it's somewhere.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
I'm almost certain there's one in GBS too?

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
yeah, nearly every wrestling thread in another sub-forum will be more nostalgia orientated and more friendly to WWE posting than in PSP.

also the entire rest of the wrestling internet

so a lot of choices if you don't like the vibes here

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

fez_machine posted:

yeah, nearly every wrestling thread in another sub-forum will be more nostalgia orientated and more friendly to WWE posting than in PSP.

also the entire rest of the wrestling internet

so a lot of choices if you don't like the vibes here

This is definitely true, but I thought it might be helpful to give my feedback anyway, especially since I have no desire to watch WWE as it is!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Well now I'M pissed

EMF made a comment about how he's been getting psycho DMs on occasion and I think that is horseshit. If you've got a psycho opinion, if you're mental about angry posting about wrestling, I want your loser rear end posting in public like a grown internet adult. Cowardly PMs in this day and age, gently caress off.

Sorry, I just feel like I'm missing out on some great content here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

someone should send me a psycho DM i only get nice friendly ones. change it up a little.