Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Incapable of producing something that doesn't go hard

Combine hardvester

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Orange Devil posted:

Talk me through the reasoning here because this is a level of brokebrained I'm unfamiliar with.

israel is a peaceful country that can only and must defend itself and preemptively defend itself, therefore only its enemies can fuel arms races or cause an escalation in violence

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

there is a policy researcher here talking about her research on Lebanon, where her research question is “If Hezbollah’s policy position is to procure arms purely for defensive purposes, why has their stockpile of short, medium and possibly long range ballistic missiles increased since the 2006? If their goal is to deter Israel, shouldn’t they reduce the number and range of their weapons?”

and I feel like I’m going to lose my mind a little bit.

e: She looks exactly like female Adam Friedland.

....how do people become like this

Yes I know the answer is liberalism but ffs

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

stephenthinkpad posted:

Isn't the word Aryan, origin from the wheel and horse people who replaced the ancient Indus civilization in northern India, who migrated from the region presently called Iran?

only Aryan nations are entitled to self defense. no, not like that

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

Incredibly based

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

there is a policy researcher here talking about her research on Lebanon, where her research question is “If Hezbollah’s policy position is to procure arms purely for defensive purposes, why has their stockpile of short, medium and possibly long range ballistic missiles increased since the 2006? If their goal is to deter Israel, shouldn’t they reduce the number and range of their weapons?”

Show her the dancing R

John_A_Tallon
Nov 22, 2000

Oh my! Check out that mitre!

VoicesCanBe posted:

....how do people become like this

Yes I know the answer is liberalism but ffs

She is probably being paid to be like this

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

genericnick posted:

Show her the dancing R

Lol

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Real hurthling! posted:

surrender is the most powerful deterrent

Orange Devil posted:

Talk me through the reasoning here because this is a level of brokebrained I'm unfamiliar with.

"Israel has a right to defend itself", which means that any weapons that can strike Israel actually make the situation worse, and so the safest option for Lebanon is for Hezbollah to not have any weapons that threaten Israel, and therefore make Israel defend itself...by invading Lebanon.

For example, the airstrikes by Israel in Syria and Lebanon, were all self defence to prevent weapons that might threaten Israel from being transferred by Iran to Hezbollah. Those airstrikes might have been prevented if there were no weapons shipments. Iran endangered the people of Syria and Lebanon, and so they need to stand up to Hezbollah and Iran and tell them "no more!" to weapons that will cause Israel... to bomb them... defensively.

DJJIB-DJDCT has issued a correction as of 23:13 on Apr 12, 2024

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://twitter.com/Aldanmarki/status/1778582098888065433

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

FirstnameLastname posted:

israel is a peaceful country that can only and must defend itself and preemptively defend itself, therefore only its enemies can fuel arms races or cause an escalation in violence

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008

genericnick posted:

Show her the dancing R

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

"Israel has a right to defend itself", which means that any weapons that can strike Israel actually make the situation worse, and so the safest option for Lebanon is for Hezbollah to not have any weapons that threaten Israel, and therefore make Israel defend itself...by invading Lebanon.

For example, the airstrikes by Israel in Syria and Lebanon, were all self defence to prevent weapons that might threaten Israel from being transferred by Iran to Hezbollah. Those airstrikes might have been prevented if there were no weapons shipments. Iran endangered the people of Syria and Lebanon, and so they need to stand up to Hezbollah and Iran and tell them "no more!" to weapons that will cause Israel... to bomb them... defensively.

Ah ok Israel as a predictable force of nature type thinking.

Yeah gotta go with the dancing R there.

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Dancing R?

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Hatebag posted:

yeah? that's like 400 km from the kuwait city port

Do they even keep stocks of naval missiles in Kuwait? The navy doesn't have much of a presence there, afaik just shipping troops in and out through Camp Arifjan.

FuzzySlippers posted:

They could make it a bad day to be in a random Iranian hospital, but they aren't degrading the Iranian military significantly or unleashing some wave of destruction across the country. The US military is a paper tiger, but the navy is the most tissue papery part of it.

Its reasonable that Iran may fear getting nuked by the crazy loving Israelis but they don't need to fear yappy dog US bullshit.

Even degraded as it is the American navy is far more capable than the IDF. Iran has scores of military targets such as barracks that could be hit but it also has things like oil refineries and power stations that are vulnerable. Israel has historically made meaningful strikes within Iran so there is no reason to think America cannot.

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

"Israel has a right to defend itself",

Any office gossip about them defensively bombing your embassy?

Bharatrocity
Oct 20, 2005

One day son, all I own will still belong to the state

I need a proper houthi music video, please give me one

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Go on the fuckin lads.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

so iran has done nothing

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

so iran has done nothing

Same as it ever was

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Look at all that terrorism America promises to stop doing.

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Weka posted:

Any office gossip about them defensively bombing your embassy?

Global affairs refuses to discuss damage even within government, so, no we're just going to let Israel get away with it.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

you should send them a card thanking them for their service

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

so iran has done nothing

Inflicting psychic terror is not nothing

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

guidoanselmi posted:

Inflicting psychic terror is not nothing

but it's close

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

so iran has done nothing

gonna give a bunch of IOF brain damage but no one will notice

TheBuilder
Jul 11, 2001

so iran has done nothing

Biden was right about Russia

SMERSH Mouth
Jun 25, 2005

looks like corn pizza’s back on the menu, boys!

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

maybe iran convinced china to impose diplomatic and economic sanctions

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette
iran ran

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

An Iranian spy just hit the entire knesset with the orb of confusion

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Iran so far Iran so far has done nothing

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

TheBuilder posted:

Biden was right about Russia

what

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Nvm it was dumb.

Arc Hammer has issued a correction as of 00:24 on Apr 13, 2024

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Weka posted:

Do they even keep stocks of naval missiles in Kuwait? The navy doesn't have much of a presence there, afaik just shipping troops in and out through Camp Arifjan.

well, there's Mohammed Al-Ahmad Kuwait Naval Base aka camp patriot (lol) which the us navy has used previously and has a continuous presence at. i think all they'd need to do would be ship some missiles up there from bahrain. personally, i think it's good that kuwait is refusing to cooperate with genocide

here's a picture i found while looking into this:

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
e: wrong thread

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

they know that Americans promises are worth nothing and that the west only understands force

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

I can't believe how much we've lost, and all that's changed...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

Eve Stoleland