Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

I get no PMs :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I get too many pms as it is, everyone leave me alone

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

anytime anyone pms me i get super nervous. if you pm me and i dont respond its probably because i was scared of it and working up the courage to open it and forgot

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

Neoxad sent me a PM and made me a liar

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Majinfoose posted:

Neoxad sent me a PM and made me a liar

don't you worry, I took care of that crab

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

nice socks

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i am not afraid of PMs.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I'm sure there's at least a half dozen people in the world that live in genuine, mortal terror of prime ministers.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
if people don't want this discussion to keep coming up, stop engaging with the wwe watchers, the wwe threads and wwe news in general. Hate posting about the company and scolding people isn't healthy isnt and isnt helping.

If you see someone going "Troy McFrappe vs Apollo Crews on NXT was alright' you don't need to respond to dunk on them. Getting that easily gotten to that you have to post because you see people posting as trolling bait means trolls see you as easy targets and won't stop.

Majority of the posts is the same people making up posters and people to get mad at and if they actually stopped caring about instead of posting about how much they don't care about wwe, wwe discussion and the subforums target for trolling should die down.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Exploding Knee Factory for WWE is a better and funnier name because it just keeps happening

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

For the record, I don't get mad at someone for watching WWE, but I will make fun of the product.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

lmao

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

KungFu Grip posted:

if people don't want this discussion to keep coming up, stop engaging with the wwe watchers, the wwe threads and wwe news in general. Hate posting about the company and scolding people isn't healthy isnt and isnt helping.

If you see someone going "Troy McFrappe vs Apollo Crews on NXT was alright' you don't need to respond to dunk on them. Getting that easily gotten to that you have to post because you see people posting as trolling bait means trolls see you as easy targets and won't stop.

Majority of the posts is the same people making up posters and people to get mad at and if they actually stopped caring about instead of posting about how much they don't care about wwe, wwe discussion and the subforums target for trolling should die down.

or,

the wwe is bad thread can be for making fun of wwe and the wwe is good thread can be for enjoying wwe

simple as

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

fez_machine posted:

yeah, nearly every wrestling thread in another sub-forum will be more nostalgia orientated and more friendly to WWE posting than in PSP.

also the entire rest of the wrestling internet

so a lot of choices if you don't like the vibes here

You don't have to like every subject or have an interest in every promotion or even like every poster on this subforum, but if someone is a long time poster elsewhere or even a mildly normal seeming new poster that doesn't have a real rapsheet of being a piece of poo poo the goal of this subforum shouldn't be an insular clubhouse and to run them off because they maybe watched wwe during the attitude era and only checks out the wrestling because it's rumble or mania season. Either ignore them or try having an actual conversation with the people to see if you can get them to try watching something else that's good.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

JUNGLE BOY posted:

or,

the wwe is bad thread can be for making fun of wwe and the wwe is good thread can be for enjoying wwe

simple as

TBH I'm not going to stop making fun of WWE in every thread. Not posters though

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

KungFu Grip posted:

You don't have to like every subject or have an interest in every promotion or even like every poster on this subforum, but if someone is a long time poster elsewhere or even a mildly normal seeming new poster that doesn't have a real rapsheet of being a piece of poo poo the goal of this subforum shouldn't be an insular clubhouse and to run them off because they maybe watched wwe during the attitude era and only checks out the wrestling because it's rumble or mania season. Either ignore them or try having an actual conversation with the people to see if you can get them to try watching something else that's good.

that's what been happening in general?

read the last few pages of the wwe thread, there's a new viewer getting bombarded with recommendations of good wrestling

here's the question https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=4029137&pagenumber=938&perpage=40#post538895329

it's even a question that's hostile to AEW

People were nice to Hootington when the gimmick was "I just watch old WCW and now I'm looking at modern WWE a little bit"

Regular posters tend to respond with hostility to reheated Cornette takes from blow-through clip watchers or "and yet you are the hypocrite!!??" defences

fez_machine fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Apr 12, 2024

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

flashy_mcflash posted:

TBH I'm not going to stop making fun of WWE in every thread. Not posters though

See it's fine to say wwe is bad beuacse 99.9% of it is but if you feel the need to come in the threads and the only contribution is eating the bait eat my fuc or confronting someone even more harmless then what's the point of posting in the thread besides to cause more dumb aggro posting and whatever actual trolling to continue

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

the point is :justpost:

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

its funny that there are lots of newer posters around here that participate and are engaged with other posters but they're never mentioned at all because they're not the ones that show up just to post like antagonistic shitheads. wonder why that is :thunk:

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

weve had no freaking trouble weeding out dweebs and making fun of wwe for years thank you very much i love epa and have a working relationship with cspam but i have been working here for 9 loving years and do not need you coming in here and telling me how to do my job

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i have a feeling that the last 40-50 mentions of "rape company" have been people arguing about saying rape company. just not sure what people really are wanting to change from how things actually are. please be careful. i'm scared. hey nice post above

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

That DICK! posted:

weve had no freaking trouble weeding out dweebs and making fun of wwe for years thank you very much i love epa and have a working relationship with cspam but i have been working here for 9 loving years and do not need you coming in here and telling me how to do my job

Pretty much how I feel thank you for saying it

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

fez_machine posted:

that's what been happening in general?

read the last few pages of the wwe thread, there's a new viewer getting bombarded with recommendations of good wrestling

here's the question https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=4029137&pagenumber=938&perpage=40#post538895329

it's even a question that's hostile to AEW

People were nice to Hootington when the gimmick was "I just watch old WCW and now I'm looking at modern WWE a little bit"

Regular posters tend to respond with hostility to reheated Cornette takes from blow-through clip watchers or "and yet you are the hypocrite!!??" defences

Yes that interaction of recommending stuff was good and one of the few times I thought the wwe thread actually did something productive and interesting.

With Hootington his sincere posts seemed fine and i don't think he overstepped until recently. but if he's been trolling this whole time by just saying "idk I thought smackdown was good" and that irritated some people to post stuff like "glad you can enjoy the rape factory slop but I've got morals" then that's the tamest bait I've seen and shows how easily gotten to people are in this forum when confronted with the tamest take about wwes product and not the company and owners

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

They're not gotten to they just think that's helping.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i checked it out everyone. i did owe it to you to do that after making a guess about the term "rape company." and i admit that i was wrong because i saw those guys saying rape company and i understand things a little better. i'll trade you the lives of those 2 guys for the lives of my 2 guys that i don't like what they say and find it to be horrible for our home here. i await a counter-offer

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

glad youre here to show us how above it all you are dude

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i never thought you would talk to me that way joey. but i respect your opinion. i'll think on it for some time before i decide to provide feedback in the future

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Joey McChrist posted:

glad youre here to show us how above it all you are dude

you said just post and then get mad at the posts. curious.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

fez_machine posted:

yeah, nearly every wrestling thread in another sub-forum will be more nostalgia orientated and more friendly to WWE posting than in PSP.

also the entire rest of the wrestling internet

so a lot of choices if you don't like the vibes here

The wrestling thread in GBS is mostly a history lesson on weird poo poo and an AEW current events thread. It's definitely not very friendly to Vince, but there are some questionable effort posters.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

these days it just always feels like, theres this stranger with a fishing pole down at the old neighborhood pond, which is very small and stocked with fish that are few and sickly. and he's got this top-of-the-line pole and bait empowered by cutting edge technology so its clearly not just confused hobo, and so i am all hey there's like no fish in there, and they just look at me with this knowing smile.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

That DICK! posted:

these days it just always feels like, theres this stranger with a fishing pole down at the old neighborhood pond, which is very small and stocked with fish that are few and sickly. and he's got this top-of-the-line pole and bait empowered by cutting edge technology so its clearly not just confused hobo, and so i am all hey there's like no fish in there, and they just look at me with this knowing smile.

100%

and predictably the positive wwe watching thread has had 4 posts the last 8 hours.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

KungFu Grip posted:

See it's fine to say wwe is bad beuacse 99.9% of it is but if you feel the need to come in the threads and the only contribution is eating the bait eat my fuc or confronting someone even more harmless then what's the point of posting in the thread besides to cause more dumb aggro posting and whatever actual trolling to continue

Joey McChrist posted:

its funny that there are lots of newer posters around here that participate and are engaged with other posters but they're never mentioned at all because they're not the ones that show up just to post like antagonistic shitheads. wonder why that is :thunk:

STING 64 posted:

these avatars are at the same bar together 100%

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

That DICK! posted:

been saying this

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I just want to know which municipalities are signing off on a rape company doing business within their city limits, seems that would be an obvious zoning violation somewhere

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
I don't fish, I just don't like weird language. :( And WWE is even worse!

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

rape factory isa stupid term that makes you look lame. everyone who is cool and posts good immediately knew this. you just quote the person who said its post and go duhhh ok. we didnt need to have a freakin board meeting on it.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

That DICK! posted:

rape factory isa stupid term that makes you look lame. everyone who is cool and posts good immediately knew this. you just quote the person who said its post and go duhhh ok. we didnt need to have a freakin board meeting on it.

duhhh ok

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

That DICK! posted:

I just felt it was somewhat common and I thought it was a bit weird. I just want to give some feedback to everyone! Sorry for being so lame about it though,