Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

So Modern Warfare 3 is doing a tie-in with Godzilla x Kong and introduced a big King Kong fist you can buy for EIGHTY DOLLARS and shockingly it's apparently not worth it!

https://www.ign.com/articles/call-o...nt-worth-buying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

at least the $80 katana in valorant comes with a couple of gun skins too

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Waffleman_ posted:

So Modern Warfare 3 is doing a tie-in with Godzilla x Kong and introduced a big King Kong fist you can buy for EIGHTY DOLLARS and shockingly it's apparently not worth it!

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

it's still baffling to me that we somehow went from the 2014 gareth edwards flick that somberly treats godzilla as this smoke-shrouded mythological titan to the loving MonsterVerse where godzilla is casting a fire enchant on king kong's level 99 scrap axe to defeat mechagodzilla

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

yeah it owns

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Vermain posted:

it's still baffling to me that we somehow went from the 2014 gareth edwards flick that somberly treats godzilla as this smoke-shrouded mythological titan to the loving MonsterVerse where godzilla is casting a fire enchant on king kong's level 99 scrap axe to defeat mechagodzilla

it was fire and lightning

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Vermain posted:

it's still baffling to me that we somehow went from the 1954 ishiro honda flick that somberly treats godzilla as this allegory for the devastation of nuclear power to the loving Millennium series where godzilla throws his lovely american counterpart into the sydney opera house as sum 41 plays

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i'm a fan of the 1998 american godzilla. i thought he looked cool

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

people should play the online game based on that

https://godzilla.fandom.com/wiki/Godzilla:_Online

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Vermain posted:

you should watch godzilla minus one, it's real good

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Vermain posted:

That's just how Godzilla goes. Even the original movies only tried to be serious twice before getting extremely silly with it in King Kong vs Godzilla.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Waffleman_ posted:

There's a Ducati promo in PUBG atm, I think the only guaranteed way to get it is to spend a stupid amount of money on it.

You can get it as a bonus drop in the crates you buy, but the chance of getting it is low.

It may come up in a new crafters pass for like $10, but they've obfuscated if that's going to happen and it feels super predatory

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

people should play the online game based on that

https://godzilla.fandom.com/wiki/Godzilla:_Online

You aren't hype for the Godzilla X Kong 4X mobile game??!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOVN97RC11I

Vermain posted:

They all rule for different reasons.

All the different Godzilla's over the years basically start off serious and end in boxing matches.
The Showa era films in particular start off with the original 1954 film and end with a series of 5 or so back-to-back films that basically turn him into a street fighter.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Godzilla contains multitudes. If you want a serious modern Godzilla film, Godzilla Minus One is right there and fantastic.

I haven't seen Godzilla x Kong yet but someone described it to me as being essentially a kaiju pro wrestling match and hell, I'm down for that.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Add Shin Godzilla to the list of modern Serious Zillas, featuring the most serious monster of all - Bureaucracy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HABPMSQYt-Y

Google 'Shin Godzilla Red Menace' for the best version

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Waffleman_ posted:

Godzilla x Kong looks like absolute rear end.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Someone should make a new godzilla movie where godzilla is a metaphor for the unaffordability of housing in the US, called godzillow

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

I said come in! posted:

Godzilla x Kong looks like absolute rear end.
It's good

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

mystes posted:

Someone should make a new godzilla movie where godzilla is a metaphor for the unaffordability of housing in the US, called godzillow
I appreciate this

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

mystes posted:

Lol

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Kerrzhe posted:

i'm a fan of the 1998 american godzilla. i thought he looked cool

It's what me and my dad watched each time my mom and sister went to see titanic. must've watched it least four times in the theatre

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

based on GxK, Adam Wingard has definitely played a lot of Fromsoft games

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://x.com/fakephantasm/status/1778740417258729765

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Botany Manor kicks rear end. Perfect puzzle game length

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Barudak posted:

Botany Manor kicks rear end. Perfect puzzle game length

I liked the little environmental storytelling touches. I think my favourite being seeing the photo of Arabella on the meadow research trip, then finding the letter about the trip documenting the Professor of the group misidentifying a flower, Arabella pointing out that it may actually be a new species and his response being “haha I was just testing you”, and then later the newspaper where he takes credit for the discovery of a new species.

I do wish the puzzles had been a little bit more complex, but I appreciate that solutions were always pretty clear and once I understood what I needed to do it was always easy to execute. Not being able to actually view clues from the notebook did lead me to some obnoxious backtracking to double check pieces of information though - never enough to sour me on the game but it did feel like an odd omission.

Not a GOTY candidate for me or anything but a very pleasant way to have spent an evening.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

If the game had been longer, the backtracking would have been irritating, but its just the right length and each puzzle focused enough that you dont do thaaaat much backtracking. I think its very intentional though, to make sure that you remember the spaces and layout of the house and gardens as you crisscross them to recheck your notes now that you know the next piece of info you need.

My "favorite" note is either the "women can't come to university" rejection letter in the box marked kindling or the person giving an earnest suggestion to publish the book under her uncles name so it gets published and then finding out what happens to your book at the end.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/80Level/status/1778687041464635673?t=igv7AHjSGO8MNl6s3cWyMw&s=19

Lmao

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Real doofus behavior.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

I thought that was the point of collector's editions

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

*tips Ubisoft $200 AUD*

*Ubisoft revokes license years later*

mutata posted:

Real doofus behavior.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The people who actually made the game are likely already laid off so more money for executive please!

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Lionel Huts meme:

Pay employees more
Don't pass the responsibility to the consumer

"They got this all wrong"

Pay employees more?
Don't, pass the responsibility to the consumer!

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

How do you do, fellow antifa?

Fun Shoe
I've done that on occasion on itch.io for years now, but somehow I doubt that's what he's talking about.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

credburn posted:

Who is Austin Walker and why do people like him?
publisher of nier automata forcefem fanfic, proud enabler of the harassment of trans game devs, and guy who once typed the tweet 'the kind of sexuality i think is dope and playful comes from lesbian women'

he is a weird freak. guy who thought liking the right politics tweets a couple times made him a voice of authority who could do no wrong

Endorph fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Apr 13, 2024

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

oh sorry this was the actual quote

quote:

"I've said this before but the sort of internet horny I think is dope came from the queer women I follow and is really open and playful?"

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Endorph posted:

publisher of nier automata forcefem fanfic, proud enabler of the harassment of trans game devs, and guy who once typed the tweet 'the kind of sexuality i think is dope and playful comes from lesbian women'

he is a weird freak. guy who thought liking the right politics tweets a couple times made him a voice of authority who could do no wrong

These are all big stretches

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

they are all literally things that objectively happened

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

did a sentient ai publish the 9s forcefem fic

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Endorph posted:

did a sentient ai publish the 9s forcefem fic

Viral marketing at its finest...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Endorph posted:

there's a kind of poetry that he ended up working for a guy that spent years talking up The Power Of Gamedev Unions until he immediately threw every single one of his employees under the bus once the rubber hit the road and his passion project was in jeopardy