Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005
I loaded about 400kg of flat-pack Ikea furniture in my Model Y, i reckon that’s more than you could get in the Cybershit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Walrusmaster
Sep 21, 2009

Nitrox posted:

I've posted in the car recommendation threat but did not get many responses.

Found a 2022 E-Transit sold by a dealership, never titled. It's been used internally as a loaner/transport vehicle.

What kind of incentives does it qualify for, if at all? Does the federal tax credit is still something I have to deal with myself at the end of the year? Does that even apply? Is there a list of qualifying vehicles, that I can cross reference?

The salesman is a bit clueless, as expected, so I don't trust anything they say until I can confirm on my own. They did show me, that ineligible vehicles do receive a $7,500 discount from Ford directly, but that may only apply to 2024

If I can claw away 7500 on top of the already low purchase price, this would make it a smoking deal.

The answers to "how much money can I get taken off this van" depend on several factors. Is the van for commercial or private use? How many miles are on it? What's the GVWR? What state are you in?

If Ford will commit to the $7.5k discount in writing that would be ideal (and may still leave you eligible for tax credits).

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

THE BIG DOG DADDY posted:

That's gonna be a no from me dog

There’s some shots around of a similar (possibly the same) car that shows similar, if less obvious panel color weirdness.

It’s weird; GM is certainly not historically averse to camouflaging the poo poo out of new cars out on test. It would be pretty GM to skimp on camo for their first ultra-lux nameplate since the thirties though. :v:

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
It's not camo because the car is already in production. You can order one if you've got the money.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

I just read the website ad copy for that car, and I think I'm gonna hurl.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I'm guessing it's some sort of weird two-tone paint job? Carbon doors or some poo poo?

The normal one looks much better (other than the butt which is ehhh)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnkIVRSshJA

McPhearson
Aug 4, 2007

Hot Damn!

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

This is where as a true wagon owner I just point and laugh how embarrassing that CUV/SUV is, cant even take on bike without needing to take the wheel off.

To be fair that's an i3, which is way smaller than any CUV/SUV. I can get my hybrid bike in mine without taking off the front wheel, but my wife's beach cruiser cant clear the hatch with it's wide rear end handlebars.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Speleothing posted:

It's not camo because the car is already in production. You can order one if you've got the money.

Oooooh I thought it wasn’t out yet.

It’s gotta be a really unfortunate two tone then. The only other possibility is different amounts of moisture condensed on different body panel materials, but it honestly doesn’t look right for that.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Duzzy Funlop posted:

If I'm not too late for the "cars that can haul more than the Cybertruck"-party, please accept this submission of my humble 2002 Opel Corsa C hauling fifteen (possibly 13, idk) 30l kegs for live viewing of the 2010 Eurocup

Did everybody have to bring their own drinks?

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

MrYenko posted:

Oooooh I thought it wasn’t out yet.

It’s gotta be a really unfortunate two tone then. The only other possibility is different amounts of moisture condensed on different body panel materials, but it honestly doesn’t look right for that.

Reading up, that specific car seems like some kind of testing mule.

The doors look like mismatched 'flop' on a metallic paint. It's the same color, but the doors were sprayed in a different direction than the body panels, so the metal flake reflects light at different angles and looks like a darker/lighter shade.

... Even if it's a mule, it seems kinda dumb to be showing off the worst version of you halo car.

Walrusmaster posted:

The answers to "how much money can I get taken off this van" depend on several factors. Is the van for commercial or private use? How many miles are on it? What's the GVWR? What state are you in?

If Ford will commit to the $7.5k discount in writing that would be ideal (and may still leave you eligible for tax credits).

You're probably not going to get the federal rebate if the dealer is ignorant, since they have to file paperwork too. At least that's my understanding. If they'll knock the rebate right off the sale price though? Cool.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Failson posted:

The doors look like mismatched 'flop' on a metallic paint. It's the same color, but the doors were sprayed in a different direction than the body panels, so the metal flake reflects light at different angles and looks like a darker/lighter shade.

... Even if it's a mule, it seems kinda dumb to be showing off the worst version of you halo car.

100% agreed, but this is GM we’re talking about. They are organizationally incapable of producing anything without loving some part of it up. They’re monkey’s paw: the car company.

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Also just want to point out the Incel Camino idiot put a 20grand top of the line carbon bike in a potential way to break the frame with no padding, if they drove any distance the frame is hosed.

Glad I'm not the only one who was cringing for that downtube.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

50% off for who knows how long.

https://x.com/Tesla/status/1778881172807815178

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

Does that mean the free forced trial is finally over?

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

is there an FSD (Unsupervised)

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

It can be unsupervised if you’re brave enough

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

'CUZ HE JUST GOT DUNKED ON!

Failson posted:

It doesn’t even have center caps on its wheels. That is not a customer car.

borkencode
Nov 10, 2004
I think the “supervised” thing is Tesla finally being a bit better about the naming, trying to correct people’s perception about the current capabilities. Whether that’s due to coming to their senses independently, or after a group of lawyers finally got them to listen, who can say.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

fully independent automated neural net ai auto-autonomous self driving driverless autopilot (hands on wheel and eyes on road at all times without distraction)

biznatchio
Mar 31, 2001

Buglord
100% Drives By Itself You Never Need To Help (you do need to help)

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

I feel the same way about the company bearing the same name.

People are going to read it as "don't worry, someone is supervising the self driving"

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe
Yeah isn't it more so they could get rid of the 'beta' part of the previous name. Because this definitely is release ready software right.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

I'm pretty sure they added that for clarity because the NTSB's been breathing down their neck, and there's class actions pending.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer
I just saw a 2014 Leaf for sale that still had 12 bars left? :psyduck:

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Oregon State EV credit opened back up and after some creative tax filing, we qualify. Finally time to pull the trigger on that new car. Strongly considering the Bolt EUV, but a bit concerned about the battery history. Is the only solution for 23 Bolts that software update that reduces driving range to under 200 miles?

Also been looking at the Kia Niro, though I'd likely have to go used to get a competitive price with the Bolt.

Anyone with an overall EV or PHEV recommendation for transporting a family of 4, preferably under 25K with tax credits?

Squibbles
Aug 24, 2000

Mwaha ha HA ha!

Nidhg00670000 posted:

For sale: Nissan Leaf, never driven.

drhankmccoyphd
Jul 22, 2022

Nidhg00670000 posted:

My 2020 still has all bars left anyone wanna buy it?

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

Squibbles posted:

For sale: Nissan Leaf, never driven.

Never driven isn’t necessarily a good thing - sitting with the battery fully charged is about the worst thing you can do to an older Leaf

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker
I see the electric vehicle surcharge in WI went up from $100 to $175 now. Meh. Now a higher tax than someone with a F150 (21.5 MPG) pays in gas tax for driving 10k miles per year...

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Oregon State EV credit opened back up and after some creative tax filing, we qualify. Finally time to pull the trigger on that new car. Strongly considering the Bolt EUV, but a bit concerned about the battery history. Is the only solution for 23 Bolts that software update that reduces driving range to under 200 miles?

Also been looking at the Kia Niro, though I'd likely have to go used to get a competitive price with the Bolt.

Anyone with an overall EV or PHEV recommendation for transporting a family of 4, preferably under 25K with tax credits?

2023 Bolts do not have the battery problem- 2022 Bolts and earlier had the problem.

edit: my 2023 Bolt EV can be fully charged to 100% (up to 235 miles) no problems.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Oh. That is very very good to know.

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

pun pundit posted:

People are going to read it as "don't worry, someone is supervising the self driving"

In reality there's no AI in the cars, it's just some person they hired via Mechanical Turk.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

fondue posted:

In reality there's no AI in the cars, it's just some person they hired via Mechanical Turk.

This is actually true, everyone who hasn't already read up on the crazy of Cruize that shows just how ridiculous and how much a remote driver had to take over or were driving in the first place

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem

bird with big dick posted:

Just saw a cybertruck in person for the first time. Looks even better in person than it does in photos! Iconic!

I too finally saw one in person. Was behind it for a while on the freeway. It has an interesting back end for a truck. Looks kinda like it’s pooping into a very full diaper, very interesting concept and idea

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

My wife almost got run over by a Cybertruck in her company’s parking lot. Giant trucks :mad:

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

I too saw a cybertruck today. You’ll be shocked to know that he drove like an rear end in a top hat.

He did not seem to appreciate getting passed by a used hatchback, but he had the option of driving the speed limit and didn’t take it.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Xiahou Dun posted:

I too saw a cybertruck today. You’ll be shocked to know that he drove like an rear end in a top hat.

He did not seem to appreciate getting passed by a used hatchback, but he had the option of driving the speed limit and didn’t take it.

He was probably dealing with all kinds of apocalyptic warnings coming from the main screen about steering failure, power failure, turn signal failure, etc.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Lord Decimus Barnacle posted:

I too finally saw one in person. Was behind it for a while on the freeway. It has an interesting back end for a truck. Looks kinda like it’s pooping into a very full diaper, very interesting concept and idea

The rear bumper design is awful, it looks like it's falling off all the time. Or like a dumpy diaper.

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker

Elviscat posted:

The rear bumper design is awful, it looks like it's falling off all the time. Or like a dumpy diaper.

The perfect bumper design for huge babies that have to compensate for their fragile ego by driving a humongous truck to their office job every day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Elviscat posted:

It's got Hank Hill rear end