Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Papes posted:

It’s a bad joker but lets you fish for a dupe of a s tier jokers.
it turns a 0/149 chance into a 1/150 chance while being an active detriment otherwise. There are better ways to get dupes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

godogg
Dec 29, 2008
Finally unlocked Stuntman and got my first e-value hand, thanks to Shoot the Moon, Mime, Hologram, Obelisk, and Blueprint. Also Burnt Joker for the first 7 antes and Square Joker for the first 3. I made it to ante 13!

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

GoutPatrol posted:

Finally broke a hundred million (and then some.)

Now I just need to will Stuntman into the shop and I've got all the jokers.

gently caress you stuntman

where the gently caress are you

Squibbles
Aug 24, 2000

Mwaha ha HA ha!
Lol FrostPrime on Twitch today was in a friendly belatro tournament. First game out of the gate he got to e39 when time ran out. The run itself died shortly after but still, what a crazy game. He even managed to pivot from a diamonds to hearts flush deck along the way

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

loving finally made it to ante 12. A Walkie-Talkie run got going with Hanging Chad, then I got Lucky Cat and starting making all the 10s and 4s I grabbed lucky cards (thank you Zodiac Deck for the tarot cards). Then I got Oops all 6s and Brainstorm to copy Lucky Cat (after copying Hanging Chad for a bit to juice up the cat with lucky triggers) and we were off to the loving races. Pretty sure I got that cat up to x17 before ante 12 punched me in the face.

still no stuntman unlock though :smith:

the buff to hanging chad is really good

Color Printer fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Apr 12, 2024

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)

Nihilarian posted:

it turns a 0/149 chance into a 1/150 chance while being an active detriment otherwise. There are better ways to get dupes.

It lets you grab two of the same planet cards out of a mega pack, sometimes.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
What was the Dracula joker before the nerf? BC it still feels like an auto pick to me if you have a reliable way to generate enhanced cards

overeager overeater
Oct 16, 2011

"The cosmonauts were transfixed with wonderment as the sun set - over the Earth - there lucklessly, untethered Comrade Todd on fire."

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

What was the Dracula joker before the nerf? BC it still feels like an auto pick to me if you have a reliable way to generate enhanced cards

It would gain 0.2x Mult on every enhanced card in the hand, not just 0.1x on the scoring ones

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

War Wizard posted:

It lets you grab two of the same planet cards out of a mega pack, sometimes.
it lowers the chance you'll actually see the planet you want in the first place, and the chance you actually get two of what you want is extraordinarily small. I doubt it's more than neutral value; even if you get two in a mega pack one run, somewhere else in the run it's going to cause you to not get a planet you want

Eschatos
Apr 10, 2013

pictured: Big Cum's Most Monstrous Ambassador
So what's the strat with anaglyph besides double negatives? Doin pretty well but feel like just waiting for those might be suboptimal.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Use the tags regularly instead of stockpiling them to get 6 negative jokers. The more double tags you have the fewer tags you want to click - a free holographic joker probably won't result in 5 new jokers even if you have the double tags for that

Eschatos
Apr 10, 2013

Nihilarian posted:

Use the tags regularly instead of stockpiling them to get 6 negative jokers. The more double tags you have the fewer tags you want to click - a free holographic joker probably won't result in 5 new jokers even if you have the double tags for that

Yeah but what tags do I even want. Multiple random holo jokers or whatever seems not much better than one.

Anyway real question: how do I actually use this ability? Never bothered before.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
it should put a button to let you do it after you buy it in the shop

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Nihilarian posted:

it lowers the chance you'll actually see the planet you want in the first place, and the chance you actually get two of what you want is extraordinarily small. I doubt it's more than neutral value; even if you get two in a mega pack one run, somewhere else in the run it's going to cause you to not get a planet you want

The one time I grabbed it I never saw a double Joker but got a double planet or tarot basically every single time

It's not really worth it anyway though, you can still usually only take one

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist
Huzzah, finally cleared purple on the abandoned deck. Dracula and holographic joker with the seal of authenticity and Fibonachi finally clicked!

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Eschatos posted:

Yeah but what tags do I even want. Multiple random holo jokers or whatever seems not much better than one.
it's exactly twice as good until it isn't. Once all but one of your slots is filled with something you don't want to/can't replace, it's value declines, but even then it gets you two chances at a relevant joker, and some cash if they aren't a hit.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.
Blue and Red decks completed on Gold Stake, slowly going down the line for each deck at the moment.

Question about Gold Stickers on jokers, do those only get added for the jokers held at the end of Ante 8 or will the stickers also get applied to jokers added after Ante 8?

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Kuros posted:

Blue and Red decks completed on Gold Stake, slowly going down the line for each deck at the moment.

Question about Gold Stickers on jokers, do those only get added for the jokers held at the end of Ante 8 or will the stickers also get applied to jokers added after Ante 8?

Pretty sure they only get added when you beat the final boss blind. Endless won't give you any stickers.

Squinky v2.0
Nov 16, 2006

Behind you! A three headed monkey!

College Slice

Eschatos posted:

Anyway real question: how do I actually use this ability? Never bothered before.

When you’re on the screen after the shop that shows the upcoming blinds, but before you enter the blind, there is an added button in the upper left corner

PoundSand
Jul 30, 2021

Also proficient with kites

Eschatos posted:

So what's the strat with anaglyph besides double negatives? Doin pretty well but feel like just waiting for those might be suboptimal.
I posted this a bit ago but I've had p good luck on anaglyph deck just cracking the mega packs with several tags. If you wait till mid/late game (which admittedly means you're basically playing with no deck advantages during arguably the hardest part of the game, so bit of a mixed bag there) you'll probably have something that'll combo well with cracking a bunch of mega celestials or mega tarots. I did the former once with telescope and constellation joker, and the latter I've done a couple times just to make a really thinned out consistent deck of kings or w/e to play flush 5's or combo with steel/mime retriggers.

I think if you roll an orbital with a hand you're playing (or could start playing) would b p strong too, immediately jumping to 15+ in even something like 3 of a kind would probably be a free win. I could also see doing the mega standard with a holo joker too it'd just be an instant x2-3 mult bonus

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

This game remains stupid :v:

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Detheros posted:

This game remains stupid :v:

Double post but I made it to Ante 12 but more importantly this is my 3rd Gold Stake win :toot:

Picked up a late Hologram but still got it to x6

115 card deck :v:

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
Still can't make it into the E's despite playing on White stake over and over. Feels bad man. I should watch some videos on strategies.

Eschatos
Apr 10, 2013

Red steel kings, bud. Red steel kings.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

just unlocked the last deck, that's sure a thing

Gangringo
Jul 22, 2007

In the first age, in the first battle, when the shadows first lengthened, one sat.

He chose the path of perpetual contentment.

Made it to scientific notation for the first time. 5e24, crashed out on the boss blind of ante 16. If I had managed to slip a red tag into my king duping engine it would have been something amazing.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
I've been working at clearing the challenges and I'm finally down to just Jokerless

Whistling Asshole
Nov 18, 2005

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

the best pairing I had with Dracula was the joker where it gives you a tarot card for every hand you play while you have $3 or less in the bank. if you can find a joker or voucher that boosts your hands, you're looking at least 15 tarots generated per ante, plus anything that pops up in the shop & packs. I got Dracula up to about 13x that way

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Tarezax posted:

I've been working at clearing the challenges and I'm finally down to just Jokerless

Wait for the patch. The blue seal buff and boss bans will make it way less frustrating.

Desdinova
Dec 16, 2004
I had to be on my toes, like a midget at a urinal!
I switched to beta branch after at least 2 weeks restarting gold stakes on checkered deck, 2nd attempt on the beta got my first win. Forgot a screenshot and still got a bit to unlock but the patch is allround better than the last version imho.

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

Lmao holy poo poo. I got saved by picking up a gros michel that barely got me through a blind and I'm halfway through thinking how happy I am with my banana when it of course instantly bails on me after 1 blind .

Brandfarlig fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Apr 13, 2024

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

the banana giveth, and the banana taketh away

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

bananowned

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

Cavendish better be a good joker after that bullshit.

Reading the patch notes is hilarious. I just learned that I've been playing both Midas Mask and Vampire as if you had to score with the cards to make them trigger. Now you do, but you apparently didn't need to before!

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Has anyone had Cavendish expire on them (I have)

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Tarezax posted:

I'm with you there after clearing Golden Needle yesterday.

I'm on ios so I don't have the update yet, but I love this game enough that I'm going for Completionist++ eventually. I've already gotten golden stickers on some jokers I was really dreading, from the tier list here (which I found pretty accurate pre-patch, although I'd definitely rearrange a few things) I think I have 13/35 of the D tier ones already.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4V1KQlcwy2M

Personally, I'd say:
Move Up: Baseball Card, Hologram, Burglar, Even Steven, Blue Joker, Green Joker

Drop down: the non-pair/flush ones like The Trio, Scholar, DNA, Acrobat, Mystic Summit, Ancient Joker

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Eschatos posted:

It might have been orange stake but one of my easiest Anaglyph clears was getting Bootstraps and using my big stockpile of double tags on the money doubling one

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Relyssa posted:

Pretty sure they only get added when you beat the final boss blind. Endless won't give you any stickers.

This is correct, it's a snapshot when you clear ante 8.

If you clear it on a Mr. Bones save, all of the other jokers in hand will get the gold sticker but Mr. Bones won't.

(Actually on the tier list thing I'd move up Mr. Bones to like, B because if you get him in the 8th blind he's pretty much an auto-win, skip to the boss and he's -1 joker slot to clear with 25% of the chips)

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.
Gold stake #3 done

Red, Blue and Yellow done, onto Green.

Overall, easier due to the extra $10 to start with. You can take a couple econ tags Ante 1 and really set yourself up early.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

If I have two jokers and one of them is eternal, and I use one of those spectral cards that gives one joker a bonus and kills all your other jokers, does that always end up with your eternal joker getting the bonus, or is there a 50% chance that your other joker gets the bonus and the kill effect bounces harmlessly off the eternal joker?