Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Hey Hambeet what's up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

just watching fallout

hbu?

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Hi

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Skipped 300+ posts

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
You missed nothing

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

agree to disagree

PhantomMuzzles
Jun 23, 2022

It's a puzzle.
I have another survey question, if I may (there are no mysterious repercussions though, I'm just curious)

What do y'all think your own scumtells are?

Dominoes
Sep 20, 2007

PhantomMuzzles posted:

I have another survey question, if I may (there are no mysterious repercussions though, I'm just curious)

This is easy; ref Periodic Table mafia, the first third of the game: (Before I started looking for the other team, which confounded things):

- No scumhunting
- No consistent thought process
- Filler posts

Throughout the game:
- Deliberate avoidance of discussing if my teammates are scummy, and awkward omissions if they are picking up votes. (This one doesn't help much until we get some flips).

PhantomMuzzles
Jun 23, 2022

It's a puzzle.

Dominoes posted:

- No scumhunting
- No consistent thought process
- Filler posts

I feel like this is me as Town :( I find it easier to do fake scumhunting as scum than real scumhunting as town

PhantomMuzzles
Jun 23, 2022

It's a puzzle.
Okay looked at Dominos posts and there is indeed some scumhunting there, do Dominos is town this game. Cleared one! Okay who is next

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...
I regret that I missed talking about "lost in space". Of course I preferred Guy Williams :swoon: in Zorro from the 50s. My mom would record it on vhs when it would air at midnight on the Disney Channel then we would watch it on Sunday nights. I think we still have all 43 vhs tapes of it still at my parents.

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...

PhantomMuzzles posted:

Okay looked at Dominos posts and there is indeed some scumhunting there, do Dominos is town this game. Cleared one! Okay who is next

While dominoes description of himself as scum is not inaccurate, i wouldnt clear him, certainly not yet. In my mind, and perhaps this isn't fair, but I think that dominoes can be one of the best scum hunters as town. So I think this is very quick to dismiss anything on dominoes.

Dominoes
Sep 20, 2007

PhantomMuzzles posted:

I feel like this is me as Town :( I find it easier to do fake scumhunting as scum than real scumhunting as town
I disagree: I was in "townie mode" for a large chunk of PT mafia, and this wasn't my impression of your posts at all. I saw scumhunting, and considered you to be likely town as a result.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

CubicalSucrose posted:

When I wake up, if I remember, and there haven't been any other posts by wins, I am going to start the turbo.

I have woken up and remember about this and there haven't been any other posts by wins, BUT...someone else has started the turbo already. Good for them.

##vote wins

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...

PhantomMuzzles posted:

Its sort of hard to say at this point. There was a 10 game run (over 2 or 3 years) where I was scum every time, and I got into a rhythm which certain things in terms of case making that I would do by certain points in the game. Then when I was town again I just didn't know how to play otherwise, though I imagine that it's a little less ridgid. But who knows. I wasn't phone posting then.

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...

Dominoes posted:

I disagree: I was in "townie mode" for a large chunk of PT mafia, and this wasn't my impression of your posts at all. I saw scumhunting, and considered you to be likely town as a result.

I'd agree with this from my perspective as well

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

PhantomMuzzles posted:

Prefer not to respond.

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Tea Party Crasher posted:

We are playing Mafia, you are working overtime at Mafia and your children miss you

this made me laugh

Catching up now!

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

##vote pussy quipped just getting stinky vibes

yeah i'm getting the same vibe as when i was just scum with him.

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

PhantomMuzzles posted:

HELLO! Sorry I'm a bit late to the thread; busy day so far

I love surveys! Oh shoot I have to fill out the one for my windshield repair guy who did a great job. And guess what?! His name was Jose! Not sure if he was a JoseF or a JoseV. Oh wait I bet I can find out one sec. Ope no just got a first name.

Anyway. I'm going to go with PI! a lower number because MOST of the time I like D1s. But sometimes it's a lot of people posting about past games and I feel left out. But now that I've played a few more games sometimes I know what they're talking about and that makes me happy. But also it's an irrational number because no one's D1 reads make sense to me. And also I am hungry even though I literally just ate

this post is really weird

Dominoes
Sep 20, 2007

Token Female posted:

Its sort of hard to say at this point. There was a 10 game run (over 2 or 3 years) where I was scum every time, and I got into a rhythm which certain things in terms of case making that I would do by certain points in the game. Then when I was town again I just didn't know how to play otherwise, though I imagine that it's a little less ridgid. But who knows. I wasn't phone posting then.
Wow; what odds!

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

lih posted:

i asked for the flavour of a location but cpig gave me powers relating to a character who lives at that location... disappointing

lih softclaiming the north pole, noted

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Voodoofly posted:

##vote pmuzz

4-7 exclamation points is known as the “fake scum enthusiasm” range

i knew voodoo would have my back

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

hambeet posted:

I’m getting a bit of a Johnny Keats vibe from Tom Tucker…

i'm sure this is a joke but it's a lousy one

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Dominoes posted:

OK, chew on this: My role is weird, but not meta-breaking weird, so there's hope for a sane, near-standard meta game. (Feel free to read into this as much or as little as you'd like) This won't be Doc+Cop+Roleblocker+vanillas, but you know, not crazytown from sample size=1.

i can't decide whether you're scum overplaying your hand and leaning into it later or flailing town

you're still my top vote candidate with ~7 pages left to go

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

hambeet posted:

So far would vote dans, dominoes, phantom or old keatsy

why dans

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Sandwolf posted:

Picture me pulling the trigger on an empty revolver at Opop while crying profusely

opop be like "USHIROMIYA SANDWOOOOOOOOOLF"

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

wading through this hambeet-tpc-stalin shitposting mess has been an experience but yeah i'm getting the same thing out of it, stalin's posting has read as self-conscious overall and i'd vote

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

See thank you for scum hunting Cube

also cube has felt weirdly comfortable? this game. and i'm not sure what to make of it

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Your Personal Muse posted:

Let’s gently caress wins up

##vote wins

ypm is town forever and always imo

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Anyone see any good concerts recently

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Opopanax posted:

How do we not have like 3 vigs already

doesn't hambeet have a dayvig

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

JosefStalinator posted:

kinda just wanna turbo somoene

##vote Stalin see ypm can do this kind of thing while not coming off like scum faking this kind of thing

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
my scumtell is that i post scummy pmuzz

anyway i would vote any of: Stalin, Dominoes, PMuzz, Tucker, PQ.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I was really liking voodoo today until the blatant survivor spoilers

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

YPM case on wins was about as good of a D1 case as you will get

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

hambeet posted:

just watching fallout

hbu?

How was it?