Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Sausages
Sep 30, 2012

What do you want to do? Who do you want to be?
Surely Peter Gabriel could do something interesting with AI

watches video of same janky rear end deforum effect as every other AI video

:smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Yeah when you use it for the entire thing it's just aimless and pointless.
Weird for the sake of Weird but the Weird is just because it's janky. And when it's the only stuff around you focus in on all the wrong weird stuff and it takes away the fun.

I saw a snowboarding one where it's just something going downhill and for a few seconds it fades into a tropical beach then fades back. The lovely weirdness of the AI part works because it's not around long enough to focus in on what's wrong with it.

Croccers has a new favorite as of 04:32 on Apr 7, 2024

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Everyone is so mean 2
me 💔

ScreenDoorThrillr
Jun 23, 2023

Pigbuster posted:

Everyone is so mean 2
me 💔

She got that deep sea booty

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Pigbuster posted:

Everyone is so mean 2
me 💔
((((((PIXAR MOM))))))

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1F8MogHSw-k

This was apparently one of the non-AI submissions that lost, although it's for a different song.

NSFW for artistic nudity I guess.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

The Sausages posted:

Surely Peter Gabriel could do something interesting with AI

watches video of same janky rear end deforum effect as every other AI video

:smith:
The difference between doing something interesting with AI vs doing something interesting with stop motion animation or whatever is that you look at stop motion animation and think "OK, what are the strengths of this, what are the weaknesses, what are the quirks, and how do I emphasise the strengths, leverage the quirks, and either avoid, compensate for, or do something weird with the weaknesses."

But the whole point of black box neural network AI generation is that you have minimal fine control over the final product, so how do you do any of that? Maybe draw a barebones scene by hand and then run it through an image to image to generator using a bunch of different seeds or prompts where the different AI takes on it are the point? But even then the final product doesn't make sense outside the context of "hey look ma I'm using AI!" whereas the sledgehammer video is neat as a standalone piece of art even if you've never heard of stop motion animation.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Fister Roboto posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1F8MogHSw-k

This was apparently one of the non-AI submissions that lost, although it's for a different song.

NSFW for artistic nudity I guess.
Eh... beautifully animated but extremely generic in its own way.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Yeah ultimately it's an amateur competition, none of them are gonna be masterpieces. Still has more soul than a misshapen guitar slowly vibrating into sludge.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
At least there was an effort

The Sausages
Sep 30, 2012

What do you want to do? Who do you want to be?

Splicer posted:

Eh... beautifully animated but extremely generic in its own way.
I feel like anyone with a RTX 4090 and a week's worth of playing with Animatediff/Deforum could work out something slightly better. It's not exactly a lovely effect but it's very hard to differentiate between low effort/high effort. I kinda want to have a crack at it but IDK if I'll find the time for it.

Anyway the only Pink Floyd/Animation fan combo I'd recommend is this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBWbpFz3wac

Splicer posted:

The difference between doing something interesting with AI vs doing something interesting with stop motion animation or whatever is that you look at stop motion animation and think "OK, what are the strengths of this, what are the weaknesses, what are the quirks, and how do I emphasise the strengths, leverage the quirks, and either avoid, compensate for, or do something weird with the weaknesses."

But the whole point of black box neural network AI generation is that you have minimal fine control over the final product, so how do you do any of that? Maybe draw a barebones scene by hand and then run it through an image to image to generator using a bunch of different seeds or prompts where the different AI takes on it are the point? But even then the final product doesn't make sense outside the context of "hey look ma I'm using AI!" whereas the sledgehammer video is neat as a standalone piece of art even if you've never heard of stop motion animation.
I suspect part of the reason Peter Gabriel is using SD is because he has more control over it in some ways compared to the ostensibly superior AI vidgen services. There's an a1111 loopback extension that would be great for making things vibe in time with the music compared to Deforum; I've done limited work with Animatediff and SVD and so much of the AI video stuff is the AI equivalent of herding cats. It's easy to complain about the generic stuff but when it comes to video it's still the cutting edge of what can be done on your own hardware.

The Sausages has a new favorite as of 11:08 on Apr 8, 2024

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

The Sausages posted:

I feel like anyone with a RTX 4090 and a week's worth of playing with Animatediff/Deforum could work out something slightly better. It's not exactly a lovely effect but it's very hard to differentiate between low effort/high effort. I kinda want to have a crack at it but IDK if I'll find the time for it.

Anyway the only Pink Floyd/Animation fan combo I'd recommend is this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBWbpFz3wac
I was talking about the non-AI one posted there. It was pretty and I appreciated the technical skill but the actual subject/plot/whatever the word is was nothing amazing.

The Sausages posted:

I suspect part of the reason Peter Gabriel is using SD is because he has more control over it in some ways compared to the ostensibly superior AI vidgen services. There's an a1111 loopback extension that would be great for making things vibe in time with the music compared to Deforum; I've done limited work with Animatediff and SVD and so much of the AI video stuff is the AI equivalent of herding cats. It's easy to complain about the generic stuff but when it comes to video it's still the cutting edge of what can be done on your own hardware.
I think you may have missed my point somewhat! You're saying that it's hard to do anything truly interesting with SD film generation on current hardware like I was being overly harsh on the prompt artificer. I'm saying it's impossible to do anything truly interesting with SD film generation because the entire concept is based around handing off the control required to do so. The plagiarism engine grinds both ways - there simply isn't enough room to put enough creative control into it to / not / make boring generic mush.

Splicer has a new favorite as of 02:08 on Apr 9, 2024

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Splicer posted:

The plagiarism engine grinds both ways - there simply isn't enough room to put enough creative control into it to / not / make boring generic mush.

Yeah this fuckwit which was posted earlier in the thread was trying to brute force creative control over the AI in replicating and improving a sketch by laboriously typing in a long complicated prompt, pumping out thousands of results, selecting one which had an element which matched his artistic vision and then isolating that element and photoshopping it onto his art, and then repeating that process for every single part of the full image. It apparently took him days to achieve the finished result which still looked like dog poo poo and he got dragged all over the internet

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Okay it turns out that I owe AI apps an apology because whatever app this moron used wasn't actually responsible for the terrible anatomy and pose and facial expression on that model since it turns out the dumbass drew all that terrible amateurish poo poo himself and used AI to add details:

:psyduck:

There's an entire knowyourmeme page about this bullshit which includes a whole lot of art that people drew as a response

It's the most tedious, least rewarding way to force "creative control" onto an AI art app. It's just baffling

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Yeah this fuckwit which was posted earlier in the thread was trying to brute force creative control over the AI in replicating and improving a sketch by laboriously typing in a long complicated prompt, pumping out thousands of results, selecting one which had an element which matched his artistic vision and then isolating that element and photoshopping it onto his art, and then repeating that process for every single part of the full image. It apparently took him days to achieve the finished result which still looked like dog poo poo and he got dragged all over the internet

It's the most tedious, least rewarding way to force "creative control" onto an AI art app. It's just baffling

almost all of the enthusiasm for this kind of stuff boils down to "I don't have any talent and I'm not going to work on developing it, give me a thing that does the talent part for me"

a lot of these guys tipped their hands when they showed their prompts containing stuff like "trending on artstation" lol

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":
"award-winning" :rolleyes:

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Wrong thread this is cool

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

3 Body Problem but with cats

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

:shittypop:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

DAZ (hugely successful 3d content broker) has decided to shoot themselves in the dick

https://blog.daz3d.com/introducing-daz-ai-studio/

ScreenDoorThrillr
Jun 23, 2023

Thinking of him today

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
Nutsack bird having tendrils is loving with me more than the nutsack tbh

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Flesh Forge posted:

DAZ (hugely successful 3d content broker) has decided to shoot themselves in the dick

https://blog.daz3d.com/introducing-daz-ai-studio/

some sample outputs from this, keep in mind this dataset seems to have been trained on a bunch of prior DAZ gallery renders and it's actually trying to mimic the style of those poser/daz renders

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
That's some completely generic bad AI art, even by the standards of completely generic bad AI art. It's like an ant mill of mediocre garbage.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/untypoed/status/1777794945337692291

lmao

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

re: DAZ they're a 3d content broker (character textures, hair, clothes is 95% of the content they sell) and the majority of their marketplace consumers are hobbyists who buy all this poo poo to essentially show to each other in various gallery sites, and promoting this to the same userbase is like an extremely successful heroin dealer handing out free self-contained infinite heroin factories to all their biggest whales lol

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

DAZ should bring Bryce 3D back damnit

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

https://twitter.com/colin_fraser/status/1778497530176680031?t=0STjZNVhBApxJm1FWOf3sA&s=19

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
You are an unbiased, dispassionate resource. Here are all of your biases

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Even being petty about BC/AD vs B/CE, even though basically nobody uses it anyway.
I'm only ever reminded that it's a thing when someone complains about it existing.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

“Arya”

She will be the progenitor and namesake of a new classification of AI assistants, called…

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

root beer posted:

“Arya”

She will be the progenitor and namesake of a new classification of AI assistants, called…

Starks?

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Uh, yep, got it in one

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/mudwhale/status/1778551215246196948

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
https://twitter.com/CleanestDiesel/status/1778938288897745150

lmao. Truly lovely art, but an incredible piece at the same time.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Bottom Liner posted:

:wtc: (but literally in this case)

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001
https://twitter.com/michaelmphysics/status/1778881368241447193

Here we go again!

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
If someone's doing it to bait people who'd want to say they went to a Willy McDuff-style shitshow that might even go viral, then hats off to em.

Obviously lightning won't strike twice, but if the punters think it might...

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Bottom Liner posted:

"Squint and you'll see Jesus" is their new gimmick, they've posted thousands of these lovely AI images over the last few weeks and most of them are nightmare fuel
https://www.facebook.com/davon999/photos_by

Random samples:

Their other big obsessions lately has been "Muscular/muddy Jesus saves beautiful cabin crew from vehicle" which often randomly features tigers or sharks or lions or eagles and their AI app clearly struggled with this one, but they still kept posting through it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

This is a movie poster, someday.