Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

you haven't read everything then hmmm!!!!

because this pinged

Dans Macabre posted:

But for the record I am lying, I really don't hate d1 that much, just hanging out casual. But I picked 7 because that's what sharkmafia picked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Hal Incandenza posted:

I was really liking voodoo today until the blatant survivor spoilers

idg non-boomers watching survivor.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

as a fan of the games, i rate it.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

AFancyQuestionMark posted:

hambeet please shoot Joe

patience is a virtue afqm

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
No

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

hambeet posted:

idg non-boomers watching survivor.

I was being polite, I haven't watched Survivor in like 6 years.

Also what if I AM a boomer?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Hal Incandenza posted:

there are things we should never joke about hal

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
##vote Cube

Salad seems town hth.

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

After YPM's case how is wins still alive

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

zzyzx posted:

Pussy Quipped posted:

good morning my rads!

##vote capnandy
i honestly didnt think i'd come across this in a mafia game but i will continue to take a hard ethical stance on this issue. inky AI lovers should be shunned from the community!

PQ is hoping to ride this vote (until Diqnol interferes) based on silly nonsense, giving him an excuse not to have to offer reads on anything. Bad vote.

Pussy Quipped posted:

I didn’t see this post before.
I couldn’t vote zzy in the last game I played when he posted AI generated images because he was confirmed town but not anymore robo-lover!!
##vote zzyzx

zzyzx, who once stood as a beacon of trust and certainty, now finds himself cast into the shadows of suspicion once more. The twists and turns of fate unfold before us, revealing the cyclical nature of our journey through the mists of time.

But heed my words, weary traveler, for history has a way of repeating itself. As we navigate the currents of uncertainty, let us tread carefully and remember the lessons of our past.

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Hey pussy quipped I know you are scum but I forgive you, come on over here let's hug it out *hiding my extended akimbo fingers behind my back ready to poke you in the eyes*

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Hmm. Cube is unusually quiet and jokey for their normal day 1. Where are the wild content games or odd proclamations?

##vote cube

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Beet in case you're lost this is a reference to the esteemed comedy trio the Three stooges. Back when comedy was about telling the truth, like how much it hurts to get poked in the eyes

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Note to self People will start wanting to vote My number one suspect If I stop talking about them

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

Hal Incandenza posted:

tbh that puts you way outside the bell curve. if you watched survivor 6 years ago you watched it in 2018

i havent watched survivor since the mid-aughts at LEAST

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

hambeet posted:

because this pinged

ah ok i can see it

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

The only reality show I've ever watched is Love Is blind on Netflix because of how messy and irresponsible it is. Honestly seems more harrowing than surviving on a desert island, because it's not like the survivor crew is going to just let you die if things really go tits up. Meanwhile if you make it to the end of love is blind congratulations you've married some rando that you met like a month ago

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

hambeet posted:

because this pinged

also yeah i could buy this

way to be weirdly self conscious about your survey vote dans

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

##vote stalin only bad hombres violate the sanctity of turbo

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Opopanax posted:

##vote stalin only bad hombres violate the sanctity of turbo

Hmmm voting Stalin?...

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

It is a verified piece of something awful mafia Lore that I am wrong about Stalin 100% of the time.

And I trust him this game

##vote stalin

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

Dans Macabre posted:

Anyone see any good concerts recently

Yes

Most recent was Militarie Gun at the local punky venue. It was cool seeing them headline as they were the third opener (as in first to play of four bands) at my first post Covid show in the same venue (Touché Amore was headliner at that one).

Woolworm was third opener but I missed them. Pool Kids was first opener and they were fun. It was their first national tour and you could tell they were having a blast.

MG totally knew how to headline the show. They have really matured as a band in two years and I know it’s the joke about them but they aren’t really a hardcore band anymore. Still great live.

If you can do math you notice that I missed a band. Mother loving Spiritual Cramp was second opener. Old hometown band from San Francisco but I hadn’t seen them since pre Covid days. They fuckingnkilled it. Their album last year (debut album despite being like seven year old band) is pure fire. They are super tight and a ton of fun and it was great

I actually used the show as a “take the student lawyers out for the night” and they got in the pit and met a couple of the people I work with in homeless advocacy who also came to the show with me and it was a good time.

On the 21st I get to see Fiddlehead. They have never played the west coast. Lead singer is from Have Heart and Have Heart was one of my favorite bands and I really love the last two Fiddlehead albums. Woolworm is opening again so I’ll get to finally see this Vancouver beloved band that doesn’t tour much anymore.

Also this week I bought tix to see Spiritual Cramp on a headlining tour in the end of summer.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

fool of sound posted:

Hmm. Cube is unusually quiet and jokey for their normal day 1. Where are the wild content games or odd proclamations?

##vote cube

Where indeed.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Hal Incandenza posted:

I was really liking voodoo today until the blatant survivor spoilers

Hey I actually feel bad that Keats thought I spoiled anything other than a severe = seven joke

I also have to watch on Thursdays on some random Canadian streaming app so I assume I’m always the last to see it.

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

The last concert I went to was Swans, and all that happened was that I got over stimulated and Michael Gira stopped the show on a dime without any flare and started chewing out the bassist and the sound crew in the back of the room in front of all of us

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Tea Party Crasher posted:

The only reality show I've ever watched is Love Is blind on Netflix because of how messy and irresponsible it is. Honestly seems more harrowing than surviving on a desert island, because it's not like the survivor crew is going to just let you die if things really go tits up. Meanwhile if you make it to the end of love is blind congratulations you've married some rando that you met like a month ago

As someone who loves someone who watches that show, I have two comments:

I love that they use opaque glasses to hide their edits. Can’t have one cut where the glass is half full of wine to cutting to an empty cup to cutting to a half full cup then a full cup.

Also I ended up watching like the Swedish one as well and that was a trip.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

If nobody wants to jump Pmuzz into the gang I can turbo wins

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

Monathin posted:

Okay, let's break this down very quickly then because I want to go make lunch.

1) A large portion of your case is based on the idea that shark is evolving this claim, when shark has not done so at all, all of their posts, even the ones responding to you, have been pretty clear on "give me a number 1 thru 10, it's important".
2) You can't assume that what shark is doing is explicitly scum, because shark could also be a Town PR who wants to avoid giving scum information about their conduct, and a very common blunder is mistaking the secrecy of a Town PR for the secrecy of scum. shark's claim hasn't evolved in the way a scum's claim would, in fact it's remained relatively stagnant!
3) Shark is assigning numbers to people who don't play along, which tells me posting a number is not a factor in whatever they're doing, it's just that getting people to post numbers is a way to at least get engagement rolling, which, I, personally, see as pro-town. I would think Shark is scummier for keeping quiet about this.
4) You are already attempting to establish a chain of investigations based on who was willing to provide numbers, which is always poor form because this a hard tunnel and you could be 100% wrong here.

Tell me this: We vote shark and shark flips town. Where do you go from there?

This is a super bad post. Refuting in order.

1) It has evolved from "give me a number" to the admission of "yes I am doing a thing" after I called out it's an obvious trap.
2) I straight up talk about how a town player would use this ability and it's not how shark is doing so. A town player in my theory could easily just let people post numbers naturally and not lose on much, a scum player would want a wider net AND an excuse to let their scumbuddies post numbers without looking weird in hindsight.
3) shark assigning numbers randomly can easily just be cover for people not posting actual numbers
4) This is not at all a "hard tunnel" what a terrible post. I literally made a case based on behavior and some logical deductions - it's the first post of the game, and I already earlier called another persons scummy and voted for them (JoseF). I literally just made a post and then explained it. Calling it a "hard tunnel" when it's within the first 24 hours of day 1 is incredibly misleading and highly suspicious.

But this is the part that makes you scum:

Monathin posted:

What an absurd question. If shark flips town then I was wrong. That's the premise of every case of mafia ever. If this was a successful argument against a case then there would never be any cases. "I got a cop result shark is scum" "ok but tell me this: we vote shark and shark flips town. Where do we go from there?" "Gosh I had no idea guess I'll unvote and admit I was wrong". Absurd!

sharkmafia hasn't dribbled out more claims as I suspected they might. There's a super strong possibility I'm wrong especially with my theory relying on shark's role having a very specific working mechanism, using numerals in peoples posts to do things. I thought shark would feel the pressure and drip claim, but I think this (terrible) town's defense, highlighted by Monathin here with the "but what if you're wrong" and "the only person who is actually scum hunting is HARD TUNNELING" post shark would feel perfectly safe just clamming up about it, which has happened. This could also just be shark's general idea, but shark has since teased more things like "the survey will be concluding" and now apparently everything happened behind the scenes.

For those who are actually reading this - hello! I know most people won't so I'm leaving this here as a little easter egg for us. I will also quote it in the future at people who dismiss my posts or, even worse, arrogantly ignore them. Your posting is without virtue - why agree to play a game of monopoly if you're just going to refuse to roll the dice? Don't sign up for a game of Mafia if you don't want to play it. Your trolling and painfully constructed visage of artful apathy masks nothing. You only do it because you know, not so deep down, that you aren't good at Mafia. Pathetic.

If scum had the ability to give out bonuses based on specific posting, but wanted to hide how they were doing it, this would be the perfect way of going about it. But I have to admit I did think shark would trickle-claim more under pressure. Absurd defenses like Monathin's may have been a factor, or my absence for a while in thread, or my theory may be incorrect, it's all possible, but I still think it's worth staying sharp on. If town has more information (from receiving something out of thread) then they should not claim that. The idea that shark soft oked it with this post:

sharkmafia posted:

nobody's won yet, i think cpig is asleep

if the winners want to explain what they've won once they do they can feel free and its not like i could stop them anyway

In such an equivocating manner also raises my hackles. It excuses more information or less. It promises excuses for shark's behavior exist without actually providing them. It's scummy, and I'm still suspicious of it, but with shark clearly clamming up the more information we could get out of it would come from whoever received the boon. If they're scum they won't share obviously, and if they're town I don't think they should. I, unlike shark, will say that without the noodle-spined equivocation of saying "but gosh they can do what they want I can't control them".

But luckily we have further fruit with Monathin!

Monathin just went absolute ham on defending shark, and it's one of the reasons I will unvote shark, because the actions were so sucpicious. Monathin just doubles and triples down on the defense, including the post I quote above where they suggest the only content within the first 24 hours of day 1 was "hard tunneling" and that I had to consider "what if I'm wrong" as the result of any case. This reads as scum intervening in a town-on-town vote. It's especially telling because it happens right as I'm getting pressure on me.

Monathin has 5-6 posts about it and the final conclusion is that I'm town, which is already what a bunch of people are saying, effectively just agreeing "this is Tom Tucker in general" but across as many posts as possible. This is basically the only real content Monathin has made today, using other posts to basically talk about nothing, and saying something about PQ that I believe is a joke, but then again I had my sense of humor surgically removed in 2012.

So, in a huge twist of fate, I am going to answer Monathin's terrible question:

Monathin posted:

If I'm wrong, and shark is town, then scum might see me pushing very hard at another town and use it as an opportunity to add content into the game, coming to the town's defense. By doing so they could fly under the radar while weighing in on something correctly, then go back to noise posting to fill out their "participation" vibe for day 1.

Monathin has not voted, and does not appear to be anywhere close to doing so. Monathin has not scum hunted, and even their posts about my theory on shark do nothing but echo what others (Tokes, Sandwolf) have said. Monathin's actions are of scum anxiously weighing in on a "safe" topic, but doing so in such an over-the-top way that presumes my incorrectness (which they would potentially know about already), and otherwise trying to fly completely under the radar.

##vote Monathin

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Voodoofly posted:

As someone who loves someone who watches that show, I have two comments:

I love that they use opaque glasses to hide their edits. Can’t have one cut where the glass is half full of wine to cutting to an empty cup to cutting to a half full cup then a full cup.

Also I ended up watching like the Swedish one as well and that was a trip.

Yeah it's funny how frequently those golden cups crop up, Even when they are meeting the families. That show is fueled by alcohol, how else are you supposed to make people think it's a good idea to propose after talking to someone four times.

And yeah the Sweden one was good, they were much more clear communicators than the Americans. The vibes that Sergio exuded though were absolutely insane.

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Tom Tucker posted:

This is a super bad post. Refuting in order.

1) It has evolved from "give me a number" to the admission of "yes I am doing a thing" after I called out it's an obvious trap.
2) I straight up talk about how a town player would use this ability and it's not how shark is doing so. A town player in my theory could easily just let people post numbers naturally and not lose on much, a scum player would want a wider net AND an excuse to let their scumbuddies post numbers without looking weird in hindsight.
3) shark assigning numbers randomly can easily just be cover for people not posting actual numbers
4) This is not at all a "hard tunnel" what a terrible post. I literally made a case based on behavior and some logical deductions - it's the first post of the game, and I already earlier called another persons scummy and voted for them (JoseF). I literally just made a post and then explained it. Calling it a "hard tunnel" when it's within the first 24 hours of day 1 is incredibly misleading and highly suspicious.

But this is the part that makes you scum:

What an absurd question. If shark flips town then I was wrong. That's the premise of every case of mafia ever. If this was a successful argument against a case then there would never be any cases. "I got a cop result shark is scum" "ok but tell me this: we vote shark and shark flips town. Where do we go from there?" "Gosh I had no idea guess I'll unvote and admit I was wrong". Absurd!

sharkmafia hasn't dribbled out more claims as I suspected they might. There's a super strong possibility I'm wrong especially with my theory relying on shark's role having a very specific working mechanism, using numerals in peoples posts to do things. I thought shark would feel the pressure and drip claim, but I think this (terrible) town's defense, highlighted by Monathin here with the "but what if you're wrong" and "the only person who is actually scum hunting is HARD TUNNELING" post shark would feel perfectly safe just clamming up about it, which has happened. This could also just be shark's general idea, but shark has since teased more things like "the survey will be concluding" and now apparently everything happened behind the scenes.

For those who are actually reading this - hello! I know most people won't so I'm leaving this here as a little easter egg for us. I will also quote it in the future at people who dismiss my posts or, even worse, arrogantly ignore them. Your posting is without virtue - why agree to play a game of monopoly if you're just going to refuse to roll the dice? Don't sign up for a game of Mafia if you don't want to play it. Your trolling and painfully constructed visage of artful apathy masks nothing. You only do it because you know, not so deep down, that you aren't good at Mafia. Pathetic.

If scum had the ability to give out bonuses based on specific posting, but wanted to hide how they were doing it, this would be the perfect way of going about it. But I have to admit I did think shark would trickle-claim more under pressure. Absurd defenses like Monathin's may have been a factor, or my absence for a while in thread, or my theory may be incorrect, it's all possible, but I still think it's worth staying sharp on. If town has more information (from receiving something out of thread) then they should not claim that. The idea that shark soft oked it with this post:

In such an equivocating manner also raises my hackles. It excuses more information or less. It promises excuses for shark's behavior exist without actually providing them. It's scummy, and I'm still suspicious of it, but with shark clearly clamming up the more information we could get out of it would come from whoever received the boon. If they're scum they won't share obviously, and if they're town I don't think they should. I, unlike shark, will say that without the noodle-spined equivocation of saying "but gosh they can do what they want I can't control them".

But luckily we have further fruit with Monathin!

Monathin just went absolute ham on defending shark, and it's one of the reasons I will unvote shark, because the actions were so sucpicious. Monathin just doubles and triples down on the defense, including the post I quote above where they suggest the only content within the first 24 hours of day 1 was "hard tunneling" and that I had to consider "what if I'm wrong" as the result of any case. This reads as scum intervening in a town-on-town vote. It's especially telling because it happens right as I'm getting pressure on me.

Monathin has 5-6 posts about it and the final conclusion is that I'm town, which is already what a bunch of people are saying, effectively just agreeing "this is Tom Tucker in general" but across as many posts as possible. This is basically the only real content Monathin has made today, using other posts to basically talk about nothing, and saying something about PQ that I believe is a joke, but then again I had my sense of humor surgically removed in 2012.

So, in a huge twist of fate, I am going to answer Monathin's terrible question:

If I'm wrong, and shark is town, then scum might see me pushing very hard at another town and use it as an opportunity to add content into the game, coming to the town's defense. By doing so they could fly under the radar while weighing in on something correctly, then go back to noise posting to fill out their "participation" vibe for day 1.

Monathin has not voted, and does not appear to be anywhere close to doing so. Monathin has not scum hunted, and even their posts about my theory on shark do nothing but echo what others (Tokes, Sandwolf) have said. Monathin's actions are of scum anxiously weighing in on a "safe" topic, but doing so in such an over-the-top way that presumes my incorrectness (which they would potentially know about already), and otherwise trying to fly completely under the radar.

##vote Monathin

I didn't read this but you are wrong

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

Tea Party Crasher posted:

I didn't read this but you are wrong

Tom Tucker posted:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Rip

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

Everyone let's stop posting for a few minutes while the Mod sorts out that daykill.

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Tom I'm concerned you're more interested in writing the Great American novel than actually scum hunting

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

tom tucker have you considered taking a few deep breaths

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

sharkmafia posted:

tom tucker have you considered taking a few deep breaths

i think what tom is doing here is the opposite of aggro posting tbqh

i'm no longer interested in voting tom today

Dominoes
Sep 20, 2007

This would have been a more effective confidential channel if you didn't include the cipher with it.

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

saladscooper posted:

i think what tom is doing here is the opposite of aggro posting tbqh

i'm no longer interested in voting tom today

oh yeah he's probably town

just

he'd have a MUCH better chance of getting monathin eliminated if he had written a 4 line summary of that giant text block instead

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

i think we should vote dans, as noted by hambeet his survey response was super self conscious for no reason and its very weird

##vote dans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

zzyzx posted:

zzyzx, who once stood as a beacon of trust and certainty, now finds himself cast into the shadows of suspicion once more. The twists and turns of fate unfold before us, revealing the cyclical nature of our journey through the mists of time.

But heed my words, weary traveler, for history has a way of repeating itself. As we navigate the currents of uncertainty, let us tread carefully and remember the lessons of our past.

Thank you for proving to the thread that I am a staunch advocate against AI no matter my alignment!
Now vote for this robot please.