Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
In case you hadn't noticed from that last photo, Shakti prefers to drink water by dipping her paw in it and licking it off the paw. She's a little weirdo and I love her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrimSqueaker
Sep 26, 2011
Well, back from the vet. Joris seems to have a heavy upper respiratory infection, his lungs seems thankfully okay. He got some anti-inflammatory meds, and hopefully he will eat again soon so we can add some antibiotica. Let's hope this is enough to set him upon the path of recovery.

EDIT: And he barfed/coughed up a fair amount of slime. Better out then in i guess, but i hope he starts drinking soon.

GrimSqueaker fucked around with this message at 11:09 on Apr 13, 2024

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Get better soon Joris!

GrimSqueaker
Sep 26, 2011

A sad Joris still trying to enjoy the weather.

felgs
Dec 31, 2008

Cats cure all ills. Post more of them.

hello dumbass, please do okay

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Pudding hungry.

BobHoward
Feb 13, 2012

The only thing white people deserve is a bullet to their empty skull
this is my headcanon audio track for that photo ^^^

quote:

hey pudding

there's food right next to you

pudding!

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Made a street friend today.

after this they followed us into the bakery where we were getting stuff for lunch

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

VelociBacon posted:

Now she's back inside and laying in the weirdest way, she absolutely loves this:

oliver does this same thing and it is indeed very weird. I feel like it’s when he really passes out hard that he does it

GrimSqueaker
Sep 26, 2011
Sigh... not much improvement for Joris. He's still coughing/barfing up slime sometimes, and he still doesn't want to eat or drink. I have planned a visit to the emergency vet and I hope they can help him better.

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

There's no need to speak. You must only concentrate and recall all your past life. When a man thinks of the past, he becomes kinder.
Joris please do ok dumbass.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Joris we all need you to get better

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Solitair posted:

In case you hadn't noticed from that last photo, Shakti prefers to drink water by dipping her paw in it and licking it off the paw. She's a little weirdo and I love her.

https://i.imgur.com/BNLuwul.mp4

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

Popping up from out of nowhere...

https://i.imgur.com/CBEj26c.mp4

i hope i did this right

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Joris get better and eat the food

GrimSqueaker
Sep 26, 2011
Well, Joris is staying a night at the vet's hospital. They're going to take x-rays to check his lungs and they gave him something to calm him down and extra oxygen. I will hear later what the exact treatment is, and hopefully he can return home tomorrow.

EDIT: He was complaining more on the way to the vet's hospital than to the normal vet earlier this morning, and I take that as a good sign.

Moskau
Feb 17, 2011

HEY GUYS DON'T YOU LOVE ANIME?! I LOVE ANIME SO MUCH ESPECIALLY ALL THE PANTY SHOTS AND FAN SERVICE AND MOE MOE MOE! I JUST CAN'T GET ENOUGH!

it's okay but idk i feel like there needs to be more of it

also joris here's the deal

you're going to get better and that's it. that's the deal

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
joris eat the food

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

joris. it's snack time

GrimSqueaker
Sep 26, 2011
I got an update from the vet. His lungs are okay-ish, they don't seem to be the problem. His stomach and intestines are full of air, so that combined with his blocked nose is probably why he doesn't eat at the moment. They checked and found no blade of grass stuck in his throat or something like that. So far no clear cause of all the problems has been found, but he breathes calmer now. After a night in observation he can probably come home tomorrow.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

sounds like joris needs to do a big fart

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

There's no need to speak. You must only concentrate and recall all your past life. When a man thinks of the past, he becomes kinder.

Hi Marcy :3:

Joris pass the gas

edit:

Flakey fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Apr 13, 2024

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

Anna is a mighty hunter (sound recommended)

https://i.imgur.com/vlVmyrC.mp4

Flakey posted:

Joris pass the gas

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

peaches :3:

joris feel better !!

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost
feel better joris! get rid of all that air and replace it with food!

felgs
Dec 31, 2008

Flakey posted:

Joris pass the gas

MAAAARCELIIIIIINE

GrimSqueaker
Sep 26, 2011
Very sad news. Joris had an attack while in the hospital and went in cardiac arrest. He could be reanimated, but could no longer breath independently. Apparently his vocal chords were growing closer and closer together, which was causing the breathing issues. Since there was nothing more we could do, we had to say goodbye.

Joris 2015-2024

Goodbye Joris, we will miss you very much. You will always have a place in our house.

GrimSqueaker
Sep 26, 2011
gently caress

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Oh no, I'm sorry. Thank you for sharing Joris with us and taking good care of him.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Joris :(

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Dammit.

RIP Joris you were extremely pro

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

omg :(

i love you joris. get where you're going safely ❤️

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I'll miss you joris. Rest well.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I'm so sorry GrimSqueeker. Joris was so beautiful and loved. :(

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

I'm sorry - you did all the right things.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Rest in peace Joris, my condolences GrimSqueaker.

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
nooo joris :( :(

Frozen Peach
Aug 25, 2004

garbage man from a garbage can
Joris no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

felgs
Dec 31, 2008

GrimSqueaker posted:

Very sad news. Joris had an attack while in the hospital and went in cardiac arrest. He could be reanimated, but could no longer breath independently. Apparently his vocal chords were growing closer and closer together, which was causing the breathing issues. Since there was nothing more we could do, we had to say goodbye.

Joris 2015-2024

Goodbye Joris, we will miss you very much. You will always have a place in our house.

Oh no, I'm so sorry

Rest well, sweet Joris. You were and are loved, and I hope you enjoy the endless catnip and silvervine fields.