Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

a neat cape posted:

Denver mortgaging the future to draft the 4th QB in this draft after just having mortgaged the future in the Russell Wilson trade would be delicious

It wouldn’t be as brutal since a rookie doesn’t also gently caress their cap like Wilson did but id still laugh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

We already have Harbaugh in the AFCW and I'm not sure I want JJ as well. Man I have Michigan friends I want to maintain relationships with

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Relentlessboredomm posted:

It wouldn’t be as brutal since a rookie doesn’t also gently caress their cap like Wilson did but id still laugh

It doesn't gently caress the cap, it just keeps those blue chip first round players out of Denver

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

Schefty's a mouthpiece for agents and teams, but how reliable is he considered for something like this?

https://twitter.com/HogsHaven/status/1778889390254657897

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Schefter was one of the guys saying it was a done deal that the Niners were taking Mac Jones, fwiw

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

That's what I figured. Lyin' season anyway

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

The only thing I would trust Schefter about is confidential medical data.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I trust Adarn more than I trust Adam.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Nosre posted:

Schefty's a mouthpiece for agents and teams, but how reliable is he considered for something like this?

Because he is a mouthpiece, he is the least trustworthy during draft season. He's just going to put out what teams want put out.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

Nosre posted:

https://x.com/joshnorris/status/1778956279005732921?s=46&t=ulQHjJ9JRQDh0UYInWn8sg

Sounds like other teams are talking up Daniels in hopes that Washington will take him and Drake will fall.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I find the general rule of thumb with insiders during the draft is to wait until multiple of them are saying the same thing.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
tbf Jayden has been the pick for the commies for like the past month or so.

I don't think this ledge he's stepping out on is that precarious.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

how does Cooper DeJean compare to Jason Seahorn, asking for uh ... some friends

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

GMs told Wyche McCarthy would be their guess at 2 last month. Telling Schefter that Daniels would make sense at 2 this month.

It is draft szn, baby.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
There's really only two options. So as a talking head you've got a fifty percent chance to be right, all legit information set aside. Those are pretty good odds for schefty considering that no one will call him out even if he's wrong.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Just did a two round mock. It was super fun and illuminating.

The Green Bay Packers should absolutely keep trading down look at this haul

edit: and got these guys, DT will not be a need anymore lol

Jer’Zhan Newton (dt-2)
Braden Fiske (dt-7)
Junior Colson (lb-1)
Javon Bullard (s-2)

kiimo fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Apr 13, 2024

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

how does Cooper DeJean compare to Jason Seahorn, asking for uh ... some friends

Surprisingly the same in the sense Seahorn shouldnt have been a corner either

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

kiimo posted:

Congrats on finding the world's worst trade simulator?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

TWO first round picks (with the second being a likely pretty high first rounder) and and two third round picks to move up two spots late in the first round? lmao

absolute nutty poo poo. funny though

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

kiimo posted:

Just did a two round mock. It was super fun and illuminating.

edit: and got these guys, DT will not be a need anymore lol

Jer’Zhan Newton (dt-2)
Braden Fiske (dt-7)
Junior Colson (lb-1)
Javon Bullard (s-2)

The Cardinals trading up? This simulator is pure fantasy

E: seriously for 3 spots? Get the gently caress out of here lol

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

xbilkis posted:

Congrats on finding the world's worst trade simulator?

Haha I don't even think Madden would allow these.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Dunno what you guys are talking about this sim seems fine to me

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I hope there's a way to get every single 2025 draft pick by slowly doing tradebacks.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Mega64 posted:

I hope there's a way to get every single 2025 draft pick by slowly doing tradebacks.

I'd settle for the entire 5th round.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Less than 2 weeks to go! Can't wait for last minute bullshit.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://x.com/ZK_FFB/status/1779558595597586674

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

bo nix should go #2

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

Cavauro posted:

bo nix should go #2

You'll see plenty of that on his Auburn tape

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

:blindside:

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I can't believe McCarthy went deep enough that you could measure his attempts in percentages

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Doltos posted:

I can't believe McCarthy went deep enough that you could measure his attempts in percentages

I mean if you go deep twice hit one and miss the other, that's 50% baby.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Interesting chart on efficiency and rate of running into heavy boxes.

https://twitter.com/arjunmenon100/status/1779907446561275923?s=46

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Diva Cupcake posted:

This is nice, thanks for sharing.

This is one of only three metrics I need to analyze rb prospects.

Also need to know 1) their video game habits and 2) rate of sick stiff arms.

I often vacillate between what matters more to a RB: getting some consistent amount of non trivial yards per carry OR big play home run potential. What do you goons think??

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Ornery and Hornery posted:

I often vacillate between what matters more to a RB: getting some consistent amount of non trivial yards per carry OR big play home run potential. What do you goons think??

Optimally you want to see both, although that's a pretty obvious statement. If I had to choose one, it would definitely be consistently getting decent positive yards. That's just way more important in the big scheme of things, where realistically huge run plays won't happen that often, but keeping the offense on schedule is crucial to overall success. And one of the best predictors of both things is tackle breaking, so that's my number one requirement for RBs.

One of the reasons I like Trey Benson and Jaylen Wright so much is that I believe they can be both solid producers inside on tough runs, and home run hitters when the seas part.

That chart is interesting, but I still don't think it really captures what a running back is or could be. Stacked boxes can mean a lot of things, it depends a lot on what kind of defenders are in the box, how many blockers there are, the quality of the defending and blocking in question, the type of run called, etc.

I think RB is one of the most pure 'eye test' positions on football. When I see a good one I feel like I know it.

That being said I have not watched Isaiah Davis or Jadeq Shirden, maybe I will do that since this chart seems to like them so much.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Ornery and Hornery posted:

I feel like I wouldn't even bother with any RB that I can't trust in pass pro and as a receiver out of the backfield, unless I was taking them entirely to be a Leroy Hoard kind of player.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Diva Cupcake posted:

Yeah Will Shipley is a terrible RB but a great WR

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

When do we get the Daltos new big board / 1st round mock

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Harlock posted:

its already up behind the paywall but if you buy forums platinum you too can gain early access

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Pass protection is the one thing I just leave to scouting reports, I absolutely know how important it is but I'm way too lazy to try and find all the pass pro snaps of a running back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Harlock posted:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jqefSpq0jcBNobXlMopUftx7C0zpg5OwGt55Kxx6lVk/edit?usp=sharing

Real life stuff has gotten in the way this year but I have a solid 90 or so prospects done still doing work