Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

WattsvilleBlues posted:

What do you think of the Series X compared with the Series S?

Its very good! When I bought the series S we didn't have a 4K TV. Series S is great though, for sure. Most games seem to run about the same, just prettier. Especially Elden Ring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

webmeister posted:

To be honest I think the visuals are one of D4’s strong points. Most of the environments look great with a lot of detail and atmosphere. I was fine with D3’s visuals too and never quite got why sweaty nerds hated them so much, but I think the environments in this one are great.

It’s all so grey and brown and blah. I was hoping moving on from the snowy mud of Fractured Peaks would shake things up, but Scosglen is even muddier. Even the Blood Vale is basically red mud, why’s everything gotta be so dang muddy? I looked up the other zones and it looks like I’ve got swampy mud, sand, and slightly different sand to look forward too.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

External Organs posted:

Its very good! When I bought the series S we didn't have a 4K TV. Series S is great though, for sure. Most games seem to run about the same, just prettier. Especially Elden Ring.

I went from an Xbox One S to an XSX refurb, and the difference in load times was like night and day. It felt like games were loading 10x quicker, it was great. And experiencing 60fps in my favourite games was pretty great too!

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

Sywert of Thieves posted:

I went from an Xbox One S to an XSX refurb, and the difference in load times was like night and day. It felt like games were loading 10x quicker, it was great. And experiencing 60fps in my favourite games was pretty great too!

It was worth the upgrade just for the reduced load times in New Vegas. Shaved untold hours from the game.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

runchild posted:

I’m having fun with Diablo 4 but it’s so goddamn ugly. The complaints about 3 being too colorful were stupid and they shouldn’t have listened to them.

Turn on your monitor!!! :eyepop:

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
mafia 3's dug its hooks into me pretty good despite how cumbersome and repetitive it can get. a little fast travel would have really been appreciated

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Oxxidation posted:

mafia 3's dug its hooks into me pretty good despite how cumbersome and repetitive it can get. a little fast travel would have really been appreciated

:yeah: Feels like that game is under appreciated.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Botany Manor is a good rear end puzzle game with a weird flaw that even though you must collect and organize clues, you can't actually view the clues from your collecting and organizing and must go back to where they were in the world.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Barudak posted:

Botany Manor is a good rear end puzzle game with a weird flaw that even though you must collect and organize clues, you can't actually view the clues from your collecting and organizing and must go back to where they were in the world.

To me this felt like a design problem. But I'm sure it's intended, not sure why they chose to do it like this.

Also lol 'rear end puzzle'

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good

WattsvilleBlues posted:

What's Avatar The Last Airbender like?

All I know about that game is the 360 version which was famous for being the easiest game to get full gamer score in, I think you could do it in less than a minute.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

runchild posted:

I’m having fun with Diablo 4 but it’s so goddamn ugly. The complaints about 3 being too colorful were stupid and they shouldn’t have listened to them.

The first time I saw that type of uglyness I almost cried. I had no idea I missed that style so much. It means a lot to a lot of people, that ... It seems I am one of them.

I really enjoyed Diablo 3 when it released, but tried to play it again, reinstalled, and was unable to even complete a mission or a thing. Has aged poorly.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

John F Bennett posted:

To me this felt like a design problem. But I'm sure it's intended, not sure why they chose to do it like this.

Also lol 'rear end puzzle'

Finally, a game for Grindr

Yeah its 100% intentional they did it this way, especially since they tell you what room you found each note in, which is fine but there are a few puzzles which do not go into your notes and that you just have to remember which clue has the thing you need

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh

Original_Z posted:

All I know about that game is the 360 version which was famous for being the easiest game to get full gamer score in, I think you could do it in less than a minute.

Dafuq?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

There are four achievements in the game, for a 25, 50, 75, and 100 hit combo. You can do this with absolutely no difficulty in the first encounter in the game and it takes like 30 seconds total.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

I played through the entire story of that Airbender game out of principle (and i paid €2 for that) and it actually follows the first few seasons of the cartoon pretty well.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

Barudak posted:

Finally, a game for Grindr

Yeah its 100% intentional they did it this way, especially since they tell you what room you found each note in, which is fine but there are a few puzzles which do not go into your notes and that you just have to remember which clue has the thing you need

If I had to guess, I'd say it's a way of encouraging the player to further explore the manor and really get to know the layout. I think it was wildly successful on that front, because by the end — in only a few short hours — I could've told you every nook and cranny of the place.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh

Sywert of Thieves posted:

I played through the entire story of that Airbender game out of principle (and i paid €2 for that) and it actually follows the first few seasons of the cartoon pretty well.

I actually meant Avatar Frontiers of Pandora :balldo:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Toaster Beef posted:

If I had to guess, I'd say it's a way of encouraging the player to further explore the manor and really get to know the layout. I think it was wildly successful on that front, because by the end — in only a few short hours — I could've told you every nook and cranny of the place.

Yeah its what I surmised while I was looking for the home construction date, and it works quite well.

Especially if you put off for the end game the secret achievement to fill the front room with each of the plants.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

D4 is 100% better than d3 was at launch

Imagine how people would react to the real money auction house today

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

Just finished the Fallout show, it was absolutely awesome.

I'm now in the mood to play Fallout 4, good thing there's a graphical update coming out in 2 weeks!

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

John F Bennett posted:

I'm now in the mood to play Fallout New Vegas

Now that's proper taste.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Diablo 3 turned into the best mobile style treadmill game. Shame the console ladders are broken

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

John F Bennett posted:

It’s unbelievable

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Diablo 3 got patched into a fun, simple, quick to pick up and play game but yeah, launch was horrible. I enjoyed playing Diablo 4's campaign but after beating it I didn't come back.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
Diablo 3 at launch was a masochist's dream. Inferno difficulty was almost impossible to finish, there was a vanishingly remote possibility of a $500 item dropping if you sunk every waking hour into it, and to top it all off you had to subject yourself to the worst in Saturday morning cartoon writing over and over in a loop in order to even enter the lottery. It was a miserable game designed by an rear end in a top hat, but somehow managed to keep it's hooks in me for months.

Neco
Mar 13, 2005

listen

John F Bennett posted:

I'm now in the mood to play Fallout 4, good thing there's a graphical update coming out in 2 weeks!

Does it pick up after the first episode? It wasn‘t terrible, but not really that great either

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Volte posted:

Diablo 3 at launch was a masochist's dream. Inferno difficulty was almost impossible to finish, there was a vanishingly remote possibility of a $500 item dropping if you sunk every waking hour into it, and to top it all off you had to subject yourself to the worst in Saturday morning cartoon writing over and over in a loop in order to even enter the lottery. It was a miserable game designed by an rear end in a top hat, but somehow managed to keep it's hooks in me for months.

Yep, the only way you could finish Inferno Difficulty was to stack as much defensive/resist stats as you could. And even then it took so long to complete that it wasn't really worth it.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Volte posted:

zoltan kulle was great

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

Neco posted:

Does it pick up after the first episode? It wasn‘t terrible, but not really that great either

I loved the first episode, but still thought it got even better with every episode. Especially the final 3.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Volte posted:

I quit for months when I reached Inferno Act III. I played as Monk and I hit a wall. There was the RMAH but there was the gold AH and that's what I used after grinding millions of gold to get a few pieces to get slightly better but after I think it was two full weeks it was time for stop. When they closed the RMAH (gold AH still was there) I came back and patched loot to be better so even items sold were cheaper. It's one of those games that if you didn't play at launch, you wouldn't believe the transformation.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

John F Bennett posted:

Yeah, I thought it was really good as well. It's also providing some funny meltdowns so that's a plus too.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

webmeister posted:

To be honest I think the visuals are one of D4’s strong points. Most of the environments look great with a lot of detail and atmosphere. I was fine with D3’s visuals too and never quite got why sweaty nerds hated them so much, but I think the environments in this one are great.

I just finished the campaign last night and my issue is that there’s so many loving cutscenes. Stop talking ffs I just want to electrocute demons, I don’t care about the end of the world or whatever

You’re in luck seasonal stuff is just 100% killing poo poo

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

WattsvilleBlues posted:

I actually meant Avatar Frontiers of Pandora :balldo:

One of the best looking games out right now. I actually kinda liked it but I don't hate Ubisoft games like a lot of people do. It's from the devs who made The Division games which I loved but it's not really like those games. Open world checklist game but the parkour is really good.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Fallout show real good. I would say episode 2 is a good showcase for what the show does best and worth watching even if you didn’t like the first one so much.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Alchenar posted:

My Yakuza update: yesterday I watched a cutscene that was so long it was literally interrupted by a screen telling me my controller had disconnected for inactivity.

e: my serious impression; these are perfect 'game pass' games. I would never buy them directly. But they are a kind of light fun for the right mood.

Further Like A Dragon trip report. The game ended up kinda gripping me. It's perfect for sitting on the couch and turning the brain completely off for a session. On a technical level I don't respect the core battle system at all - I'm never in any danger and there's rarely a reason not to mash big aoes until there's just one thing left.

But the story is just perfect for this style of game, it weaves from point to point and gradually escalates the stakes in a way that's simultaneously totally over the top and yet internally plausible.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

People that said the fallout show retconned new Vegas out of existence didn’t finish the show lmao

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
The best thing about Diablo 3 was one of the most unintentionally funny posts I’ve ever read on these forums: a guy insisting unironically that all of Europe was laughing at Americans because inferno is the Italian word for hell.

I think to this day people in the D3 thread still refer to inferno difficulty as Italian Hell

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

webmeister posted:

The best thing about Diablo 3 was one of the most unintentionally funny posts I’ve ever read on these forums: a guy insisting unironically that all of Europe was laughing at Americans because inferno is the Italian word for hell.

I think to this day people in the D3 thread still refer to inferno difficulty as Italian Hell

This is very funny

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Ring a ding baby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Wiltsghost posted:

One of the best looking games out right now. I actually kinda liked it but I don't hate Ubisoft games like a lot of people do. It's from the devs who made The Division games which I loved but it's not really like those games. Open world checklist game but the parkour is really good.

I also really enjoyed it. It's pretty much avatar themed farcry, with more thought put into its crafting system than a lot of actual crafting focused games.