Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
even if all of this turns out to be a wet fart the fact that Iran made israel tremble and quake like a dog skared of lightning from the sky makes this increibly worth it and makes me have a giant loving poo poo grin on my face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

the drones have even been spotted over Iraq. anything this toothless and obvious is just deliberately phoning it in to be seen doing “something”. I really don’t think Iran gives a gently caress

One time in m2tw I was sieging a fort and I bagged the king of France on my first trebuchet round so let’s see how this all pans out

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

0 rows returned posted:

a whole dozens of drones

Freedom Robots

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
bring back the pulse jet

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Maybe there's a reason that Bibi's plane is bailing, and maybe he's actually in it.

Edit: oh poo poo drones.

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

im from the bad post police, and i'm afraid i have bad news

Justin Tyme posted:

I.e. the shahed-136s might not be the total package. If it is though, I can't imagine they will have a hard time defeating them...

even if they do a Ukraine and shoot 120% of the incoming drones down, they still have less of the limited ammo to shoot the next wave down

so lol, lmao

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
how many hours is it gonna take for the drones to get there

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Thank you Iran

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

If they get enough drones together they could lift the captured ship and drop it onto Tel Aviv

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Or they could just hit the knesset/high ranking offical's homes. That would be a powerful intimidation technique.

MassTran
Feb 27, 2015

HallelujahLee posted:

Thank you Iran

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

the drones have even been spotted over Iraq. anything this toothless and obvious is just deliberately phoning it in to be seen doing “something”. I really don’t think Iran gives a gently caress

i don't think it's likely they 'don't give a gently caress' because they kind of have to at a societal level. Even if they didn't care about Palestinians, they have their own public to worry about. Whatever is making them dither like this is something more than just not feeling it. It's possible they think they're in a good place atm, supporting Yemenis and loving up the straight, and if they escalate they might lose control of the situation. None of this is great for the 2 million Palestinians getting murdered right now of course.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
Alright so we gotta wait like 3 hours for these slow rear end drones to get to israel

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.
Nice timing

https://twitter.com/spectatorindex/status/1779240226319405060?t=V6REo5WHkdqAGUF0BQspuA&s=19

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Regarde Aduck posted:

i don't think it's likely they 'don't give a gently caress' because they kind of have to at a societal level. Even if they didn't care about Palestinians, they have their own public to worry about. Whatever is making them dither like this is something more than just not feeling it. It's possible they think they're in a good place atm, supporting Yemenis and loving up the straight, and if they escalate they might lose control of the situation. None of this is great for the 2 million Palestinians getting murdered right now of course.

i mean lets be real, Iran does not have the capacity to just outright invade and save the Palestinians. so they have to weigh a bunch of options and try and thread a very small needle

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

I’m inclined to agree that if they can completely shut down Israeli society at a whim with a few million bucks worth of drones and seize ships at will they probably have the upper hand

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

lol just imagining him getting the news and telling the israelis he forgot something in washington and ran away

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

HallelujahLee posted:

Thank you Iran

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.
"Security official: the drone launches aren't just from Iran, but from other countries as well"

https://twitter.com/kann_news/status/1779242200481542513?t=a740qA0jp3w-c-gvJM0TiQ&s=19

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

So did they attack Israel or just have drones flying towards Israel now?

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Oh our American advisors? They all went out for a pack of cigarettes, should be back any time now.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Raccooon posted:

So did they attack Israel or just have drones flying towards Israel now?

They're on their way. Drone attacks are very slow.

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

The drones have to make a stop for a bitchin light show then will continue the combat mission

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Sancho Banana posted:

"Security official: the drone launches aren't just from Iran, but from other countries as well"

https://twitter.com/kann_news/status/1779242200481542513?t=a740qA0jp3w-c-gvJM0TiQ&s=19

:munch:

I can imagine that most everyone (aside from Genocide Joe) hates Israel and/or is sick of their poo poo but has played along because they're cowed by fake accusations of "antisemitism".

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

i think this attack will be a spectacular failure on irans part or wet fart, they gave the israels so much advance notice and its pretty clear the americans and israelis are ready.

it will be like if japan gave america two weeks notice they were gonna attack pearl harbor

===::

IDF: Iran launched drones towards Israel

IDF spokesman:

Iran has launched drones towards Israel and defenses ready to deal with them

The military and Air Force are ready to deal with Iranian threats expected to arrive within hours.

We are trying to prevent Iranian marches from reaching Israel.

We will deal with the Iranian marches as soon as they arrive, but we warn that the defense will not be 100%.

Services of G. B. S is not available in several locations and has been jammed in a focused and temporary form.

The military is defensively and offensively prepared at different levels and we are cooperating with the United States in that.

https://www.aljazeera.net/news/live...31604;&%231610;

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

Reminder that irans response when their general in iraq was killed was "Toothless" in that at first the US claimed that no one was killed / injured. It was months after that they admitted that like 50 soldiers got TBI

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

30.5 Days posted:

how many hours is it gonna take for the drones to get there

https://twitter.com/alihashem_tv/status/1779240280794743269

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Raskolnikov38 posted:

man they really do sound like lawnmowers lol

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/IsraelWarRoom/status/1779242628288286987

yemen-iran gimli-legolas meme

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

lol this attack is so gonna fail. they'll all get shot down. israel has plenty of time to prepare. it would take a phenomenal level of incompetence or a disasterously depleted air defence for this to actually make it through israeli air defences.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Live footage from Iran

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

lots of videos out of Iraq of Shaheds in-flight

whats the flight time on these

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Al-Saqr posted:

lol this attack is so gonna fail. they'll all get shot down. israel has plenty of time to prepare. it would take a phenomenal level of incompetence or a disasterously depleted air defence for this to actually make it through israeli air defences.

they should just do a U-turn at edge of israeli airspace

Vernii
Dec 7, 2006

Al-Saqr posted:

I think the only way its going to work is if they're doing a saturation attack on a few targets, or timing the launch of missiles to arrive just as air defense is busy with the drones.

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://twitter.com/JoePostingg/status/1779235865140555983

They taught the Houthis how to do that and that’s how they fought the GCC coalition

Injuryprone
Sep 26, 2007

Speak up, there's something in my ear.

Al-Saqr posted:

Maybe they just want to burn up all the AA

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Al-Saqr posted:

How expensive are Shaheds versus the countermeasures they’re flying into?

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

they should just do a U-turn at edge of israeli airspace

honestly yeah that would send the message just as well.

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Israel going into hysterics after a measured response, telegraphed for weeks, is very funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
it's not actually easy or likely that they'll be able to shoot all of them down. AA defenses just aren't that perfect.