Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Peace to the people of Gaza, and I hope that when the morning comes all of their oppressors have been ruthlessly exploded by Iranian drones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

Al-Saqr posted:

Ayatollah Heromeini

Ayatollah Chadmani

Ayatollah Bossmani

Ayatollah Supermani

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

I tried to sneak through the canal, man! Can't make it, can't make it, the ship's stuck! Outta my way son! BOAT STUCK! BOAT STUCK!

Cactus Ghost posted:

whats the difference between a drone with explosives and a cruise missile

basically propulsion

$10k cheap drone: gas engine propeller, low payload, low speed
$100k fancy drone: turboprop, medium payload, medium speed
$1m cruise missile: jet engine, medium payload, high speed
$10m ballistic missile: rocket engine, medium-high payload, very high speed

(costs are very approximate, but shows the order of magnitude differences)

Jen heir rick
Aug 4, 2004
when a woman says something's not funny, you better not laugh your ass off

Al-Saqr posted:

also why would scrambling GPS even matter if the buildings are in the same coordinates just put in the coordinates and go on autopilot. its not like the military base is gonna move and they probably already got the coordinates before the war.

The thing about GPS is it shows you where you are, not just where other stuff is. This allows you to align where you are with where other stuff is and blow up as appropriate. This is important in missle/drone navigation.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Sancho Banana posted:

"Two Israeli officials to the NYT: 'the anticipated targets are the Golan Heights and an airbase in the Negev'"

https://twitter.com/GLZRadio/status/1779265692702753132?t=i4XycmM-GKxBQTRIHWyOUw&s=19

Hopefully they got permission from Assad to attack Syria like that

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

HallelujahLee posted:

even if its a wet fart or not it was a net positive for this alone

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Extremely blessed

My heart was sinking from the news as i internally catastrophized
But no if it gives them a single nights rest it will be worth it

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

nesaM killed Masen

:unsmith:

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Extremely blessed

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Extremely blessed

Leandros
Dec 14, 2008

Turdfuzz posted:

didn't biden claim that he saw the 40 beheaded babies at some point? i feel like that happened
even tho there weren't even 40 babies there
cool

He also told a Gaza doctor that was trying to show him photos that she took that he'd already seen them. He does not give a poo poo.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Limey Pigfucker Squealing

=====

London calls on Tehran to de-escalate in region

British Foreign Secretary David Cameron:

Iran’s reckless attacks on Israel will only fuel tensions in the Middle East.

We call on the Iranian regime to stop this dangerous escalation that is in no one’s interest.

https://www.aljazeera.net/news/live...31610;&%231604;

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
me to the nation I'm brutally sanctioning: I expected this of Israel but I would have thought you knew better!

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Al-Saqr posted:

=====

We call on the Iranian regime to stop this dangerous escalation that is in no one’s interest.

And our next PM is also digging in for Israel

https://twitter.com/PolitlcsUK/status/1779268147872141401

MinutePirateBug
Mar 4, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSdZsg-U54U

live english broadcast by some Palestinian guy listening to israeli/arab new sources

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

only the us and its fifth rate loser vassals are allowed to respond

antipattern
Nov 8, 2019

This warms my heart. I hope they'll never have to hear a zionazi plane overhead again.

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

Leandros posted:

He also told a Gaza doctor that was trying to show him photos that she took that he'd already seen them. He does not give a poo poo.

yeah i read about that
seems like there's very little reason to support him outside of the supreme court
2016 all over again

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

Al-Saqr posted:

=====

Oh hm I wonder if he condemned the Israeli attack on Iran's embassy which immediately led to this retaliation?

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

iran was clearly just taking their time powering up their spirit bomb

Skaffen-Amtiskaw
Jun 24, 2023

Jen heir rick posted:

The thing about GPS is it shows you where you are, not just where other stuff is. This allows you to align where you are with where other stuff is and blow up as appropriate. This is important in missle/drone navigation.

Losers always whine about loss of GPS signal. Winners go to Tel Aviv via TERCOM and gently caress the Bibi.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

Fell Mood posted:

As a believer in the rules based international order, I can only support Iran's right to defend itself.

Is this strike self-defense? I'm seeing different answers from different sources.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
huh while we got caught up in all this Hamas formally gave its response to the american truce offer on the negotiations, the answer is no and gently caress you.

======

Hamas hands over truce response
Hamas has released a statement in which it says it has handed over its response to the ceasefire proposal it received last Monday to mediators in Egypt and Qatar.

It said it stood by its demands for:

A permanent ceasefire.

The withdrawal of the Israeli army from the entire Gaza Strip.

The return of displaced Palestinians to their areas and places of residence.

An increase in the entry of relief and aid to the enclave.

The start of reconstruction in the Gaza Strip.

The group also affirmed its “readiness to conclude a deal and “a serious and real exchange of prisoners between the two parties”.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/liveblog/2024/4/13/israels-war-on-gaza-live-5-dead-dozens-injured-in-gaza-city-attack

Cassian of Imola
Feb 9, 2011

Keeping her memory alive!
I hope the missiles hit but I also hope they don't hit... is this what centrism feels like

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
On the one hand ww3 is a terrible thing that the West won't blink twice before escalating to, on the other, gently caress yeah Iran.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

Boat Stuck posted:

basically propulsion

I'll add to this:

You can launch a drone from a runway or catapult.

Cruise missiles generally have a rocket stage that gets it up to speed for the air breathing jet engine to kick in and fly a low, flat trajectory.

Ballistic missiles follow a ballistic trajectory where they go up in an arc and then come back down.

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

William Bear posted:

Is this strike self-defense? I'm seeing different answers from different sources.

No the US empire is technically allowed to bomb whatever it wants wherever it wants

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

Cassian of Imola posted:

I hope the missiles hit but I also hope they don't hit... is this what centrism feels like

yeah that's what it feels like being a bitchass

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://twitter.com/spectatorindex/status/1779260922777014517

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Boat Stuck posted:

basically propulsion

note that all this naming is kinda bullshit. “loitering munition” is the most “formal” name for the types of drone you’re referring to. the modern version dates to the 80s and there have been “suicide drones” since WWII.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Cassian of Imola posted:

in that centrism is deeply pathetic, yeah

Zadok Allen
Oct 9, 2023

So is the WAR WE’RE GOIN TO WAR meme from starship troopers really happening

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Gunshow Poophole posted:

in that centrism is deeply pathetic, yeah

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

William Bear posted:

I think its being officially justified as a response to the April 1st bombing of the Iranian embassy in Syria, but Israel has a long, long history of blowing Iranian poo poo up and getting away with it. Destroying Israel is, ultimately, self defense for Iran

Its also a joke about Israel genociding the Palestinians as 'self defense'

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

I don’t think a loitering munition technically counts as a drone if the guidance system is a Japanese teenager

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
loitering munitions, among with soliciting munitions and skateboarding munitions, represent the three types of drones most often banned under the rules of war

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

continuing the cycle of death is always bad

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Turdfuzz posted:

continuing the cycle of death is always bad

imagine how much less violence would be happening in the region on a daily basis without israel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://twitter.com/banalplay/status/1779185414391103756